PDA

View Full Version : How to be happy Vol. 1

jack
10th August 2013, 18:37
To achieve happiness we must release all fear, anger and judgment of any kind. Otherwise we will spend our lives like we are on a roller coaster, constantly fluctuating between the lower emotions of fear, anger, sadness, guilt and rarely experiencing the true happiness which is our natural state when these lower emotions have been released. Spend time each day to feel one of your fears fully and by doing this allow it to release. In a year your life will be unrecognizable. Keep going and it will be miraculous.

Tesseract
10th August 2013, 22:34
There's nothing unnatural about being unhappy. Observation of the misery and absurdity of the world around them makes some sensitive people fall into this state.

jack
11th August 2013, 21:03
It's much the same as saying there is nothing unnatural about being dirty. Our true nature, when the dirt is removed, is to be clean. Our true nature as a being, when pain and fear is removed, is to be love.

I completely agree that it is natural to accumulate the pains of life. This message was just a reminder that we also have the ability to remove those pains and return to our true nature which is a much more desirable state.

Anchor
11th August 2013, 23:02
It's much the same as saying there is nothing unnatural about being dirty.

Deciding if one is dirty or not is a judgement - release it :)

jack
12th August 2013, 22:16
:)

Good point.

But.. If we do not use analogies to make a point we are lost to share our wisdom.

Tesseract
12th August 2013, 22:21

Good point.

But.. If we do not use analogies to make a point we are lost to share our wisdom.

Mixed views on analogies here. Because, you can prove anything with an analogy :). They do work if they go unquestioned though...

Your own could be flipped on its head if you consider that one man's dirt is another man's patina...

Anchor
12th August 2013, 22:30

Good point.

Mixed views on analogies here. Because, you can prove anything with an analogy :). They do work if they go unquestioned though...

Your own could be flipped on its head if you consider that one man's dirt is another man's patina...

Analogy is one of the tools we can use when attempting to tackle the paradox of the infinite with finite expression. Another would be parable. Another carefully abstracted concept.

I don't think that you can really prove anything with analogy, if you think you did, it isn't a good proof.

Be wary of proving things to people, they might not like it...

"The argument goes something like this: ‘I refuse to prove that I exist,’ says God, ‘for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.’ 'But,’ says Man, ‘the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn’t it? It could not have evolved by chance, it proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don’t QED.’ 'Oh dear,’ says God, ‘I hadn’t thought of that,’ and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic, “’Oh, that was easy,” says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next pedestrian crossing. Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo’s kidneys, but that didn’t stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme of his best-selling book, Well That about Wraps It Up for God. Meanwhile, the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation."
- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy