PDA

View Full Version : Prepared for Catastrophe? Great, Now What?

Fred Steeves
13th August 2013, 11:29
If you're *not* at least *somewhat* prepared for a catastrophe, then it would be very prudent and responsible for you to do so. You can not only be a life boat for yourself, but you can be a lifeboat for others as well. As recently as the days of our parents and grandparents this was not even considered a big deal, it was just common sense.

If you *are* prepared, then great. You've done all that you can feasibly do to have a fighting chance at survival if/when tshtf, and you're ready to go. So now what?

The way I see it anyway, you have essentially two choices: You can continually scan the horizon for a hint of something wicked this way cometh, or you can get on with living your life.

With all the talk about Jesus as of late, this reminds me of the little wrist band many Christians (nonchalantly) wear which says: "WWJD". (What Would Jesus Do?) So I ask myself: "What *would* Jesus say to people concerning this subject?" My best guess is that he would say absolutely, be prepared. But more importantly, I think he would stress assuming the struggle of becoming at peace with yourself, and the world around you.

Why are we really here anyway? For mere survival, or something more meaningful? Can we both walk and chew gum at the same time?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with keeping attune to world events, but the one glaring thing usually missing from these doomsday discussions is the self empowerment aspect. All too often people put off looking deeply into their own self and their actions until they are face to face with death, and by then it's too late to do anything about it.

The times we are living in offer us ample opportunity to do just that, while we are still vigorously involved in life. I like to call this the great practice time. We get our inner house in order now while things are still "o.k.", by practicing in every day life remembering who we really are, and observing how we handle even the typical ups, and especially the downs that come our way. This practice would be invaluable if/when the big event actually occurs, and it's the other side of the coin of being prepared.

We are truly natural born Creators, and the more we come to consciously realize this, the more we can steer and direct the effect we have on the world around us. We already effect our world with every thought word and deed, although most do this unconsciously and robotically. (Which by default does not help matters)

The more we realize who we really are, the more responsibility is placed upon our shoulders for what we are really doing here, and the effect we are having on the situation. So I reckon that brings us back around to the big question: "Prepared For Catastrophe? Great, Now What?"

Cheers,

Fred

POST EDIT: As far as the physical survival side of the coin goes, there is a wealth of information contained in Avalon's "Living Off The Grid" section.
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/forumdisplay.php?69-Living-Off-The-Grid

As far as the personal/spiritual side is concerned, there is a wealth of information contained here at Avalon as well, but in the end it's up to each individual how they choose to blaze that path.

The following quote from Canadian born clergyman William Benjamin is worthy to bear in mind always:

"Go at it boldly, and you'll find unexpected forces closing round you and coming to your aid".

eaglespirit
13th August 2013, 11:57
The more we realize who we really are, the more responsibility is placed upon our shoulders for what we are really doing here, and the effect we are having on the situation. So I reckon that brings us back around to the big question: "Prepared For Catastrophe? Great, Now What?"

Cheers,

Fred

Steadily increase Your Own Personal Vibration in 'rhythm' with Nature and the Higher You...get outside!
Enjoy the Earth and Sky and Air and Water in every direction.
Listen to Your Own Surroundings...
BE more Conscious of the very realness that You ARE the Higher You!

Have a Great Day Fred and All!

spiritguide
13th August 2013, 12:31
Before catastrophy plant a garden. after catastrophy plant a bigger garden.

Peace!

778 neighbour of some guy
13th August 2013, 12:47
Have a beer, have some fun, go for a jog, enjoy your friends, read a book, enjoy a holiday, get a tan, business as usual, you just are.......... prepared, not much else one can do imho.

Prodigal Son
13th August 2013, 13:02
Before catastrophy plant a garden. after catastrophy plant a bigger garden.

Peace!

Sorry but I'm gonna have to play Devil's Advocate here for a minute.

When the SHTF, which can happen more than one way (they can pull the plug on the dollar, or the "cheap" gasoline, it won't matter... i'm talking $10 to $15 per gallon, fuhgeddaboudit), if there is any kind of extended period of time with no food, water, services, police, etc, and I mean anything longer than a week or two, I'd like to know where you're going to plant this garden without the marauding hordes of desperate starving "humans" finding it who will be eating their own children. Hope its on the top of some mountain somewhere miles away from the nearest road.... and even then, the [non-"human"] animals will be pretty damn hungry too.

Not being pessimistic, it's just that I've personally witnessed what happens when there is a blackout in NYC that lasts more than a day or two... it ain't pretty, and what we're talking about here will be a million times worse.

My thought is that you should have an ample supply of canned food and bottled water that will keep you alive for 6 months and bury it in different locations in the ground where only you can find it. Better put your gold and silver there too. And even though there wont be any fuel for the masses, you can bet your arses the gubmint will still be flying their black helicopters and drones around, so make sure they aint looking when you dig up your buried treasure.

The way I see it, the best thing we can do is to spread the word, prepare people as best we can, and that means the inner cities and the rural areas where people can be equally as dumb when things get ugly.... 'cause they do a pretty good job of it even when things are status quo. Enlightenment is the key. What's that old saying, give me a fish, I eat for a day, teach me to fish, I eat for a lifetime.

spiritguide
13th August 2013, 15:17
Before catastrophe plant a garden. after catastrophe plant a bigger garden.

Peace!

Sorry but I'm gonna have to play Devil's Advocate here for a minute.

When the SHTF, which can happen more than one way (they can pull the plug on the dollar, or the "cheap" gasoline, it won't matter... i'm talking $10 to $15 per gallon, fuhgeddaboudit), if there is any kind of extended period of time with no food, water, services, police, etc, and I mean anything longer than a week or two, I'd like to know where you're going to plant this garden without the marauding hordes of desperate starving "humans" finding it who will be eating their own children. Hope its on the top of some mountain somewhere miles away from the nearest road.... and even then, the [non-"human"] animals will be pretty damn hungry too.

Not being pessimistic, it's just that I've personally witnessed what happens when there is a blackout in NYC that lasts more than a day or two... it ain't pretty, and what we're talking about here will be a million times worse.

My thought is that you should have an ample supply of canned food and bottled water that will keep you alive for 6 months and bury it in different locations in the ground where only you can find it. Better put your gold and silver there too. And even though there wont be any fuel for the masses, you can bet your arses the gubmint will still be flying their black helicopters and drones around, so make sure they aint looking when you dig up your buried treasure.

The way I see it, the best thing we can do is to spread the word, prepare people as best we can, and that means the inner cities and the rural areas where people can be equally as dumb when things get ugly.... 'cause they do a pretty good job of it even when things are status quo. Enlightenment is the key. What's that old saying, give me a fish, I eat for a day, teach me to fish, I eat for a lifetime.

PS, statement was basically live life fully and if 3D existence ends, it is going to anyway, fear not. As to the quagmire of living in urban cities, those there have got to have an exit plan as well as survival methods. A cohesive family unit in a rural area will be safer than the rioting wall mart shoppers on sale day. here is an example of what happens when folks don't think..

kXl5t0OHJ-4

This is what large cities will have to offer.

We will always need what if to plan properly. 5 P's = Proper planning prevents poor performance.

Peace!

Calz
13th August 2013, 15:30
Why are we really here anyway? For mere survival, or something more meaningful? Can we both walk and chew gum at the same time?

http://www.iywib.com/funny_animated_gif_995.gif

Bill Ryan
13th August 2013, 16:03
-------

"Now What?" is a great question. Reformulated, it looks like:

What are we surviving FOR?

ulli
13th August 2013, 16:04
-------

another question: what would we be DYING for?

skippy
13th August 2013, 16:23
Survivor, eye of the tiger VgSMxY6asoE

I'm going to bury a couple of these in my garden in case the shtf.. hehe

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7YGk-0gtlPVw7l-U_l3u_VitNEKoDIOHbrS2yjQAZo93Sqb0B8g

meeradas
13th August 2013, 16:28
... what would we be DYING for?

One & the same:

Not seeing the "nwo" come to pass.

spiritguide
13th August 2013, 16:59
Flashback, in the 50's the nuclear threat was upon us. How did we live our lives? What was our parents response? Secrecy kept all of balance but we had a sense of working together and helping each other from an ethical sense. Anyone can plainly see what society has lost. The rebuild is as much spiritual as physical. IMHO

Lone Bean
13th August 2013, 17:00
I don't want to come across as a prepper party pooper, but I've all but stopped prepping. I've asked the Universe (my God) to tell me the worst of the worst and It hasn't held back. The disaster in Fukushima even overrules that of catastrophic global warming. We are ****ed. sorry, no better way to say it. Mainstream news is not reporting on the horrendous happenings there, I won't go into it except to say that 3 nuclear meltdowns have occurred, and they don't even know where the corium is. The spent fuel rod pool over reactor number 4 is just barely standing upright.....talk about jerry-rigging it. It is just a matter of time before the whole damn thing comes tumbling to the ground and a few short weeks later before we're all where we think is our afterlife. In the meantime, I'm no longer wasting my money on preps but am spending it on fun things like tennis lessons and road trips. I've got enough beans bullets and bandaids to last a while anyway so since I know how I'm going to die and can speculate with a certain amount of accuracy when I'm going to die, I'm going to try to have as much fun in the meantime as possible.

Sidney
13th August 2013, 17:07
Now what?? I am going to try to attain some actual enjoyment, by living. Thinking less about all the bad stuff, and thinking more about that is important, every day. Each of us have different sets of circumstances, so what works for me will not necessarily work for the next person. But I suggest, to spend your free time wisely. Slip some happiness in, where ever we can.

Calz
13th August 2013, 17:18
I don't want to come across as a prepper party pooper, but I've all but stopped prepping. I've asked the Universe (my God) to tell me the worst of the worst and It hasn't held back. The disaster in Fukushima even overrules that of catastrophic global warming. We are ****ed. sorry, no better way to say it. Mainstream news is not reporting on the horrendous happenings there, I won't go into it except to say that 3 nuclear meltdowns have occurred, and they don't even know where the corium is. The spent fuel rod pool over reactor number 4 is just barely standing upright.....talk about jerry-rigging it. It is just a matter of time before the whole damn thing comes tumbling to the ground and a few short weeks later before we're all where we think is our afterlife. In the meantime, I'm no longer wasting my money on preps but am spending it on fun things like tennis lessons and road trips. I've got enough beans bullets and bandaids to last a while anyway so since I know how I'm going to die and can speculate with a certain amount of accuracy when I'm going to die, I'm going to try to have as much fun in the meantime as possible.

Caveat is those that have dependent children.

I expect what matters in the long haul is the choices made and lessons learned ... imho.

... aside from that then having fun with your life is the bottom line (from some of the NDE'ers).

I won't go into "soul capturing" cuz I have a hard time going there ... fwiw ...

Lone Bean
13th August 2013, 17:37
I've got kids - both young and dependent. It makes sick and extremely angry at the sheer FOOLISHNESS of using highly radioactive materials that have a several million year half-life to boil ****ing WATER!!! Whoever thought it was a good idea ought to be caned (as in taking a long, hard bamboo stick and flaying their backsides until the skin comes off) and then caned again. What were they thinking? That hey! since this stuff worked so well by killing thousands of innocent Japanese during WWII that it would be a real shame not to find another use for it.........hmmm.....HEY!!! Let's use it to boil water and later have millions of tons of highly radioactive waste that can't possibly be contained and will certainly kill every living organism on the planet (except cockroaches). And let's build over 400 of these things all over the planet so when they fail (and they certainly will), we can totally destroy all life for millions and millions of years!!! But at least for now we can watch TV in air-conditioned comfort.

Yes, obviously I am outraged at the insanity of what has been constructed and feel helpless and hopeless about anything to be done that's positive about it. This is how me and my kids are going to die. So, we've taken them on trips, showed them some good times, indulge them maybe a bit more than necessary and I frequently pray to my HP so fervently that it hurts, to please fix this damn mess we've gotten ourselves into. I pray hard and often and I feel no guilt anymore about much of anything. I've even gotten some special, micro-glimpses into worlds that I so badly would love to enter and stay for as long I want too. Maybe my HP is showing me these short glimpses to keep me from totally melting down myself because of the dire circumstances we all are in whether we know it or not.

I like these glimpses a LOT. I can't help but feel that after I leave here I'll be going somewhere like what I've seen. I sure do hope so anyway.

So, anybody knows what it feels like to die from nuclear radiation poisoning? I think I will try to get my hands on some good, reefer so that when it gets real bad we can smoke it and hopefully peacefully pass on.

Spiral
13th August 2013, 17:53
Well, I'm prepped, and well the ruddy tins are getting close to their "best before" date, but really its about stepping out the other side after being immersed in fear.

Its a psycho-spiritual place, where I'm at ease with who I am & the fact that this planet is populated with self seeking a***holes.

Some have suggested burying barrels of beer or hiding some weed, but in the vein of "teach a man to fish" why not build a still & learn how to use it ?

That would barter a whole lot better than gold, thats for sure. :cheers:

Shaman
13th August 2013, 17:56
-------

Great Point as I feel that as conscious beings we know we all die in this experience as the now, in our forms and then live on in the universe, so why are we scared of Not Surviving , surely surviving is more scarier!!!
I figure that the sucking negative energy of this "be prepared moment" will miss our heart truth. If you can love , give love and be loved congratulations, as what is more important? If I can feel love then I know I am alive , but then to have that ripped away by me surviving some Catastrophe, well what is the point ?
So be prepared for what you , no one else, actually wants and if your like me, raise this vibrational field of love, because if 95% of us done make it here the 5% are surely going to need us.

christian
13th August 2013, 18:05
I know that death is not the end, that this whole drama on Earth has many, many dimensions to it, and that I can make a difference to it all. I'm fully committed to serve humanity to become free, that's my highest priority in life. I trust my intuitions that are coming in and guiding me on that path as they have come in the past. I have done some prepping and I do my best to get and stay in shape mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually, while I use my power to spread love through my thoughts, words, actions, and emotions every day in one way or another.

I do also take "time-outs" where I just focus on enjoying myself, because life ain't worth living without dancing, laughing, and playing, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." But in the enjoyments, I also spread love in a way and I keep my focus on moving everything to a higher level, like with everything else that I do. There's virtually no activity that I just want to repeat over and over in the same way, even if something is fun now. While I enjoy things, I also see how I learn and grow through experiences and eventually take my activities and understandings to a higher level—and have even more fun. And in that I'm not only doing myself a service, but I play an active role in the evolution of humanity, cause everything I do gets into the collective consciousness of this species, these beautiful soul containers.

Bottom line: Being a decent person, taking care of yourself and others, being part of the creative harmonious evolution of humanity and all-that-is is a fun and worthwhile thing to do. And it's not a stagnant thing, like manifesting a particular utopia and living happily ever after. Evolution never seems to stop. We're creators, we can do magic, I think it's time to see and use that power. I think in the bigger picture it's all about becoming more aware, more powerful, more responsible, and so on. That's what I'm living and dying for.

Delight
13th August 2013, 18:08
The way I see it anyway, you have essentially two choices: You can continually scan the horizon for a hint of something wicked this way cometh, or you can get on with living your life.

With all the talk about Jesus as of late, this reminds me of the little wrist band many Christians (nonchalantly) wear which says: "WWJD". (What Would Jesus Do?) So I ask myself: "What *would* Jesus say to people concerning this subject?" My best guess is that he would say absolutely, be prepared. But more importantly, I think he would stress assuming the struggle of becoming at peace with yourself, and the world around you.

"Go at it boldly, and you'll find unexpected forces closing round you and coming to your aid".

Hi Fred,
I have a question, "Am I prepared for a wonderful completely peaceful and "Edenish" experience"?
This is exactly the Bold place I seek.

In the past I was unprepared. I struggled and sought often to contradict the elements of pleasure and relaxation. I believed that there was a lot of struggle on all levels because I could never deserve the "best". Then I was really pissed about the struggle but still believed it was necessary. This struggle was distrustful and ragged. It must have repelled the force of unexpected good news. That seems the way manifestation works...we receive what we give.

Do I give it such a Bold go at Joy and all is well that I am unperturbed now? Am I so unperturbed that my smooth energy is easy for unexpected forces to mold into beauty and grace? Do I just allow myself to be a space that holds whatever the higher forces know is absolutely wonderful? Do I look out to see if it worked impatiently and as if I was in need or in deep satisfaction that tyhe Good is always at hand? This is MY moment to moment question of "Who Would Jesus BE?

In the mean time, I am happy to drink coffee in the sun between rain showers while the grass grows tall...if i need to eat the grass later, great it is waiting! If not, I will eat peaches from the local orchard that I bought from the farmers market where commerce still happens.

Maia Gabrial
13th August 2013, 18:48

You just reminded me of the new movie out called "The Colony" that talks about how half of the survivors were mindless cannibals....

Bubu
13th August 2013, 19:29
PREPARE? Isn't this what we are thought ever since. prepare for the coming of jesus etc etc.

Prepare= fear porn.

with the level of awareness I/we have, it will certainly be very visible when it starts just starts to unfold which means that we/ I have ample time to prepare. As of now I am prepared for today.

stars and galaxies dies as well. Everything that come will go sooner or later. Dying is normal and sure.
It pays to accept what can't be change.

good thread Fred you counter balance the fear porn promoted by others.

That's what learned people are here for. to help lost souls not being swept away by the current of fear porn and propaganda mania.

Kudos to you

we are preparing for a karaoke session.

Ol' Roy
13th August 2013, 21:25
Fred, this is an awesome thread !

What if we survive these events? The survivors make it through. What's next? Some people talk about community, some talk about individualism. I am more for community.

You know people no matter how much food they have are going to get sick. Do they have ample medical supply's to get them through this?

I would love everybody to watch the movie Castaway with Tom Hanks. Can anybody pull this up? All my beautiful friends here can do this. I am talking about one scene in particular were Tom Hanks has an abscess tooth and he has to knock it out himself. Do you have the instruments do do this? I have a pair of needle nose vice grips that could possibly do the job. If you don't pull it it could possibly lead to death.

Simple things like a cut. If you don't have something like Neosporin a triple antibiotic in your medical kit could lead to death. I watched the movie about the EMT who made it out of LA with his family. He treated many people along the way. He finally made it to a farming community. His family was doing fine. Then he got a cut on his hand. He had run out of antibiotics and died because of that. Again I ask my beautiful people here on Avalon to find this movie.

I implore everyone here on Avalon to get all the medical training they can get. Either through the Red Cross or simply buy a Boy Scout manual It wouldn't hurt. I also recommend "When Technology Fails" by Matthew Stein. Bill highly recommends this.

Take care my friends, Ol' Roy

That is sad that only Dennis has responded to this! Thanks buddy!

Mike
13th August 2013, 21:30
I read these threads, and others like them, and am often and disturbingly hit with the depressing realization that we here on Avalon, and those like us, are really no different than those lost, credulous souls waiting on hill tops for the benevolent space people that have promised endlessly to return and save them (they don't, of course), or those maniacal Jesus freaks who blindly await the grand second coming. or those cultish figures (and their followers) that keep shamelessly predicting the end of the world, only to kick the can a little further down the road when it doesn't happen on the predicted date. it's the exact same story here - only the characters are changed. there is a certain type of person who is drawn to this type of fervor ( I include myself here, embarrassingly), a type that, I believe, deep down, *wants* the world to end, that wants catastrophe and drama to occur.

(forgive me: anybody here that is only remotely familiar with my posts knows i've had diarrhea of predictions for some time now.)

Fred, you haven't predicted anything (thank you!), and I hope i'm not too terribly off-topic. i'll try to keep it short. I probably wouldn't have even commented if I hadn't just come across Bill's thread (maybe this post belongs there) concerning the alleged insider proclaiming imminent catastrophe etc. I've got alotta love n respect for ya bud, and Bill too...but this is getting soooooooo tiresome.

But Chinaski, what you say is madness! what kind of people would *want* the world to end?

Answer: bored people.

Forget killing, I think boredom is the worst sin of all. and forget cancer, I think boredom is the world's number one killer. never, ever underestimate boredom - it will cause intelligent, reasonable people to do the darndest things. anybody here seen 'any given sunday'? the Pacino character is a degenerate gambler, and he's finally forced to recognize what has been obvious the entire time: he wants to lose! he loves the thrill and the juice of the gamble, and nothing is more thrilling or adrenaline inducing as a guy who has lost everything and only has one more play left. oh, the drama! despite all the action in his life, the man needs more. he's bored!

remember being a kid, and *wanting* to be scared? only up to a point, of course, because beyond that we would become hysterical. it's no different now. maybe we don't want to lose definitively, but we want to come pretty damn close...and watch while munching our popcorn as the 'good guys' ultimately make everything ok.

how about stale relationships? ever been in one? ever start an argument on purpose, or have a partner do it to you? you don't wanna break up really, but you want to *spice things up*. you're bored!!!

I don't know how many times we have to hear the end of the world tale before we finally catch on. i'm completely and totally unmoved by alleged insiders, biblical prophecy, charts, whistleblowers...you name it. I believe we're all tragically and clinically bored - the equivalent of spiritual terminal cancer. the cure: action! ... or at least the probability of it...even if it means the end of the world, or something close to it.

there will be no grand catastrophe. some troubles here n there perhaps, but no catastrophe. jeez, it's funny how that feels like an apology here...

p.s. Fred, I have to admit that I only read the first few sentences of your post before I posted. sorry! I was already triggered after having read Bill's post and I saw 'prepared for catastrophe' and began typing almost at once. I really like what you wrote, and am in agreement with almost all of it. misplaced rant here, I reckon. sorry!;)

gripreaper
13th August 2013, 21:43
Fred, this is an awesome thread !

What if we survive these events? The survivors make it through. What's next? Some people talk about community, some talk about individualism. I am more for community.

You know people no matter how much food they have are going to get sick. Do they have ample medical supply's to get them through this?

I would love everybody to watch the movie Castaway with Tom Hanks. Can anybody pull this up? All my beautiful friends here can do this. I am talking about one scene in particular were Tom Hanks has an abscess tooth and he has to knock it out himself. Do you have the instruments do do this? I have a pair of needle nose vice grips that could possibly do the job. If you don't pull it it could possibly lead to death.

Simple things like a cut. If you don't have something like Neosporin a triple antibiotic in your medical kit could lead to death. I watched the movie about the EMT who made it out of LA with his family. He treated many people along the way. He finally made it to a farming community. His family was doing fine. Then he got a cut on his hand. He had run out of antibiotics and died because of that. Again I ask my beautiful people here on Avalon to find this movie.

I implore everyone here on Avalon to get all the medical training they can get. Either through the Red Cross or simply buy a Boy Scout manual It wouldn't hurt. I also recommend "When Technology Fails" by Matthew Stein. Bill highly recommends this.

Take care my friends, Ol' Roy

I wonder if you've seen the movie... "The Road"? That'll make your hair stand on end when you see how things can get when collapse occurs.

GlassSteagallfan
14th August 2013, 01:14
"Prepared For Catastrophe? Great, Now What?"

Charge 'em!
Flank 'em!
Strike 'em!
Force their hand!

25 states, including California, have adopted resolutions to re-enact Glass-Steagall. The Goldman Sachs of the world are now spending millions of dollars, using intimidation, bullying, and threats of job losses in certain districts, to stop the Glass-Steagall tidal wave.

Glass Steagall is an action that will dynamically change the planet - and it's not in their timeline! The fast surge of GS advocates is overwelming the crooks!

Force their hand.

My heart is in the Glass Steagall fight. Take their printing machines away and they may bring what we've prepped for - armageddon!

Force them do it.

Then, with a smile and a winning attitude, we can peacefully die of Fukishima radiation :cool:

PHARAOH
14th August 2013, 02:09
They way i've come to see this is, "Would I really want to survive a cataclysm???" Not too sure. Death, may actually be the better option. Just thinkin....... :nerd:

Ol' Roy
14th August 2013, 02:37
Hell yes! All we need is a few more nuclear reactors to go out and we are all toast!

ghostrider
14th August 2013, 03:57
If we can't raise our thinking and be responsible for our actions , then catastrophe is all for nothing ... we just repeat and repeat like groundhog day ... in the future we must elect responsible leaders based on intellect not on how much money the family has ... I'm starting a little book so whomever is around after the smoke clears , there is a reference point of things to do and not to do ... hopefully history won't be hidden and corrupted like before ...if we survive great, if we don't I wouldn't want another generation to make the mistakes we have ... my high points, war solves nothing, never modify weather, ego and greed lead to suffering, humans were brought here, and the universe is full of complex life forms that are generally afraid of barbaric earth humans ...

Fred Steeves
14th August 2013, 10:47
To me anyway, it comes down to the slight altering of an old phrase: "It's not if you live or die, it's how you play the game". The truest way to determine one's depth of character, is to see how they act when their back is against the wall. I have a very strong suspicion that we've all been in this position before, and likely many times. If this is true, then we have obviously failed each time in one way or another, or we wouldn't be here now.

It's a common sentiment here to wish we could simply lay down this heavy burden, and move on to a more pleasant experience. Well, that's nothing more than saying "I wish I may I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight". *That ain't gonna happen*...We're here for a reason, and we're not going anywhere until we accomplish what we set out to do in the first place. Things are not always as they seem, and what we are facing now I believe is a golden opportunity to accomplish just that, cleverly disguised as a hopeless living nightmare. Backs against the wall.

So here we are, the golden opportunity/living nightmare has rolled around yet again, and I can just hear that Universal Mind softly wondering: "Ya got what it takes yet kid?"

Bubu
14th August 2013, 11:32
Good rant Mike. Boredom, yes boredom. I always tell friends that the hardest thing to do is to do nothing.

People on facebook are having fun people on avalon are preparing. just crossed my mind.

andrewgreen
14th August 2013, 12:30
In response to Fred its not so much how we play the game its more which game we choose to play. I think if were focussing on how to cope with impending disaster which has supposedly been on its way for millennia then we miss truly amazing things that are going on around us.

Worst of all we may spread the infection of fear like a disease and cause other people to stop living in the many amazing moments life offers. Even if you think its a possibility think carefully before potentially influencing others.

Conchis
14th August 2013, 15:22
Fear^2 The fear of spreading fear....

Sunny-side-up
14th August 2013, 20:10
I know that death is not the end, that this whole drama on Earth has many, many dimensions to it, and that I can make a difference to it all. I'm fully committed to serve humanity to become free, that's my highest priority in life. I trust my intuitions that are coming in and guiding me on that path as they have come in the past. I have done some prepping and I do my best to get and stay in shape mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually, while I use my power to spread love through my thoughts, words, actions, and emotions every day in one way or another.

I do also take "time-outs" where I just focus on enjoying myself, because life ain't worth living without dancing, laughing, and playing, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." But in the enjoyments, I also spread love in a way and I keep my focus on moving everything to a higher level, like with everything else that I do. There's virtually no activity that I just want to repeat over and over in the same way, even if something is fun now. While I enjoy things, I also see how I learn and grow through experiences and eventually take my activities and understandings to a higher level—and have even more fun. And in that I'm not only doing myself a service, but I play an active role in the evolution of humanity, cause everything I do gets into the collective consciousness of this species, these beautiful soul containers.

Bottom line: Being a decent person, taking care of yourself and others, being part of the creative harmonious evolution of humanity and all-that-is is a fun and worthwhile thing to do. And it's not a stagnant thing, like manifesting a particular utopia and living happily ever after. Evolution never seems to stop. We're creators, we can do magic, I think it's time to see and use that power. I think in the bigger picture it's all about becoming more aware, more powerful, more responsible, and so on. That's what I'm living and dying for.

Hi and big thanks christian
Ticking your post just isen't enough so I had to post a thx to you.
I wanted to post a positive reply to the main post. I've started seeing defeatism popping up, people fearing the worst but your post just says it all in such a positive encouraging way
:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Gratz Man

Bubu
14th August 2013, 23:52

Good post christian your wisdom is ahead of your age and you are equally good at putting them to words

If there is anything you may take to the next level, it's fun joy happiness. Knowledge? you can never have enough of it.

If there is anything we need to know we already have since we were born, we just need to reknow it because it's been buried by the fakes deceptions fear mongering in this 3d. For a while I was puzzled by what it is in the young that I dearly love to watch. Be it a baby human a baby dog, bird, lion; everything that is young seems to be a joy to watch. My answer is innocence and joy. If there is anything we need to know I think it is joy and how to have it, at work and in everything we do.

J