PDA

View Full Version : The rose

Fred Steeves
23rd August 2013, 11:28
You know how sometimes the pressures and monotony of daily life start to wear on you a bit? How it can seem the more we struggle for something, the farther away it gets? Or maybe we go through a stretch where every time we roll the dice they come up snake eyes...

Well I think that might even be *especially* true, an added pressure, to people who have embarked on the study of the true nature of reality as we all do here. It's a journey that once begun can not be simply aborted like other things we do, we're in it for the long haul and there's no turning back, no matter what.

And my god, the horrible things we expose ourselves to regularly because we have to see it all, the good, the bad and the ugly. You know what I'm talking about. The vast majority of people just don't want to go there, or even acknowledge it exists. Yet it's like suddenly seeing that elephant in the room...Once seen it can't be unseen, so it may as well be figured out.

This is where we add that extra burden to an already heavy load everyone carries anyway, but carry it we must because we care enough to care. It's the labor of love, and it can be a real bitch sometimes.

Whether we can see it or not we are always making progress, even during those times when it feels like we're only sinking more in the quicksand the more we try. It can be disheartening to say the least, and I feel this forum as a whole is sort of feeling it now.

When this happens (and it happens to us all), I find it best to try and take the long view. Step back from things for a bit, and take a look at the totality of your body of work thus far in this life (and quite possibly a lot longer than that). Where have you come from, where are you now, and what is the general trajectory of where you are heading?

In that light things tend to come back into focus, and when the time is right it's then easier to resume "The Long Walk". There *is* a purpose to everything, and even the bad times wind up being an important piece of the great puzzle. We're not going to get "there" all in one fell swoop, that's just not the way it works. So it's like the old adage: "How do you eat the elephant?" Answer: One bite at a time.

Every last one of us is making a difference, often in ways that we'll never even realize until this chapter in The Grand Show comes to a close...

I happened across the old song "The Rose" last night, and the last lines of it struck me as very relevant to this time:

When the night has been too lonely
And the road has been too long,
And you think that love is only
For the lucky and the strong,
Just remember in the winter
Far beneath the bitter snows
Lies the seed that with the sun's love
In the spring becomes the rose.

Zf5UfOuvQHQ

DNA
23rd August 2013, 11:40
I like that line about the "lucky and the strong".

I have always thought that a stance of strength would
give me a better chance at battling the apathy and sense of exhaustion one feels when tackling what we affectionatly like to call "the truth" around here.

I don't think that anymore, I think what we need is heart.
That is what the rose represents to me, is heart.

For those who do not have a spiritual connection I personally wouldn't even recommend going down some of these "truth" paths.

My personal belief is that we are spiritual beings who "chose" to be here, and I will not for a second feel or play the victim or act as if there is a power that supercedes this choice.

The Reality Rose
A thousand Gods
Let me know Iíve had a thousand lives
My skepticism grows
My thoughts wonít die
The truth wonít lie

The reality rose is thirsty like Kali
Hungry for brains the pragmatic Deva
Insect like thoughts
Feed on your light
Defending the enemy
Losing the fight

The reality rose
The mind is a buoy
Floating on unseen waves
Frequencies go through me

The reality rose
Knows my strength and diseases
Habit and status
Pride that deceives us

The reality rose
Resides in your heart
A connection to landscape
Telegraph and receiver
A connection to vibrations
Exposing deceivers

Operator
23rd August 2013, 12:00
I always remember Bashar:

Circumstances don't MATTER, state of being 'MATTERS'

When circumstances do not seem favorable for me and tend to bring me down I remember his words.
(The line is there but it is often easier said than done)

Although your actions at the time may seem useless, it will get you out of your situation eventually if
you do it in good spirit. A positive vibe will manifest positive results.

spiritguide
23rd August 2013, 12:13
Where do the children play?

7a4DCxAi020

Peace!

Finefeather
23rd August 2013, 12:26
And Fred you are sure a Rose in this garden of Avalon.
Such a beautiful post thank you for been just plain old down to earth Fred.

When I look back on my life I see growth...from snotty nose to scheming mind to the way of the heart.
This is but the start of the journey and we should not overlook the usefulness of a rational mind when it works side by side with the heart.
We are all too quick to want to discard the mind, believing it to be the source of the problem, which it can be in our early life.
The mind is the creator in us, and when we combine it with the love and compassion of the heart, it becomes a powerful tool.

The mystic lives in the heart and dreams of love and beauty and all things nice.
The true spiritual Being is the heart and works towards unity by it's ability to create a better world around us for all.

Love to you
Ray

WhiteFeather
23rd August 2013, 12:28
We are all pieces to the puzzle. Eventually in time the puzzle will be completed Im sure. Thought of this tune to play on the thread. It has personal meaning to me. This song was in my mind the week i donated one of my kidneys to my brother who was ill from kidney failure. My brother has a new life. And We are all connected in one way or another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ6fdJYQ8kM

All is Love and One

W.f.

Ivanhoe
23rd August 2013, 12:34
Thanks Fred, I needed that today.

Billy
23rd August 2013, 17:48
Thank you Fred. Your OP reminded me of one of my favorite quotes.

Out of S**T grows Roses.

Oh for the day when the grand show comes to a close. Then the curtain rises and all the performers are there, Masks removed for ALL to see,

Peace.

PurpleLama
23rd August 2013, 17:52
Sorry, Fred, seeing your thread title did not bring the Bette Midler song to mind....

Here is another blast from the past....

j2r2nDhTzO4

Mercedes
23rd August 2013, 17:52
Thank you Fred. It has been as you said. But even with the sorrows of this life we have to learn to get up and go on, the option of not to would be just hopeless and that is not acceptable to us the truth seekers of this forum. Thanks for being here :ranger:

Mike
23rd August 2013, 18:20
nice post Fred. you're the soul of this place, amigo.

CdnSirian
24th August 2013, 00:03
Fred you are a rose garden.

lookbeyond
25th August 2013, 00:22
Bumpity Bump!, Thanks Fred,lb

gigha
25th August 2013, 00:39
Well worth the bump thanks.
:bump2: