PDA

View Full Version : If you use Windows 8 you may want to reconsider after this...

shadowstalker
24th August 2013, 03:40
If you use Windows 8 you may want to reconsider after this...

German Government Warns Key Entities Not To Use Windows 8 – Links The NSA

'According to leaked internal documents from the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) that Die Zeit obtained, IT experts figured out that Windows 8, the touch-screen enabled, super-duper, but sales-challenged Microsoft operating system is outright dangerous for data security.

It allows Microsoft to control the computer remotely through a built-in backdoor.

Keys to that backdoor are likely accessible to the NSA – and in an unintended ironic twist, perhaps even to the Chinese.

The backdoor is called “Trusted Computing,” developed and promoted by the Trusted Computing Group, founded a decade ago by the all-American tech companies AMD, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, and Wave Systems. Its core element is a chip, the Trusted Platform Module (TPM), and an operating system designed for it, such as Windows 8.

Trusted Computing Group has developed the specifications of how the chip and operating systems work together.'

Read more: German Government Warns Key Entities Not To Use Windows 8 – Links The NSA
http://www.testosteronepit.com/home/2013/8/21/leaked-german-government-warns-key-entities-not-to-use-windo.html

Lifebringer
24th August 2013, 10:45
As soon as that microgoogle merger happened, I never upgraded from the 7. T'was why my book was stuck in word 07, my Green Trade course from teacher stuck in word 10 and no link to the other books parts for editing. I always felt that when a word program was bought, there wasn't an expiration, but that's not Gates game for sure. Like asking permission to regain your thoughts back with a fee. I went to libreoffice.org thanks to Dennis, and I've been free to express with the windows essentials pack that is free pieces that connect with the option to opt out as google or chrome for the search bar.

Gotta always stay two or three steps ahead, and the world was tired of kissing Gates tainted vaccine arze anyway.

Good morning Avalon, still chugging away for truth, and I'm off on the book today as it's my Sabaath and can't think of anywhere else to be right now besides a family full of truth seekers of peace.

Love to ALL ya'll.

jiminii
24th August 2013, 11:22

'According to leaked internal documents from the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) that Die Zeit obtained, IT experts figured out that Windows 8, the touch-screen enabled, super-duper, but sales-challenged Microsoft operating system is outright dangerous for data security.

It allows Microsoft to control the computer remotely through a built-in backdoor.

Keys to that backdoor are likely accessible to the NSA – and in an unintended ironic twist, perhaps even to the Chinese.

The backdoor is called “Trusted Computing,” developed and promoted by the Trusted Computing Group, founded a decade ago by the all-American tech companies AMD, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, and Wave Systems. Its core element is a chip, the Trusted Platform Module (TPM), and an operating system designed for it, such as Windows 8.

Trusted Computing Group has developed the specifications of how the chip and operating systems work together.'

Read more: German Government Warns Key Entities Not To Use Windows 8 – Links The NSA
http://www.testosteronepit.com/home/2013/8/21/leaked-german-government-warns-key-entities-not-to-use-windo.html

the way I see it is this. Look how long it takes to look at the threads on this site we are on.

how many people you think they would need to sniff through all the data on this world wide system?
I estimate it would take millions to view all the data and it would take millions to figure out what is what.

so I assume they would be only looking at a handful of stuff and getting an overall view of it.
they can't jail millions of people for all saying nearly the same things.

but they can put everyone in some kind of fear if the people KNOW there is SUCH A HUGE SPY RING

to me they might take in a handful of people and use them as another scare topic to push through the idea that everyone is being investigated.

so I just keep doing what I am doing without a worry because I have SURETY that I am spiritually protected.

In fact I believe ANYONE WHO STARTS FIGHTING FOR TRUTH gets this protection from the future.

so I just believe in myself and do what I do forget about them.

jim

Operator
24th August 2013, 12:30
the way I see it is this. Look how long it takes to look at the threads on this site we are on.

how many people you think they would need to sniff through all the data on this world wide system?
I estimate it would take millions to view all the data and it would take millions to figure out what is what.

so I assume they would be only looking at a handful of stuff and getting an overall view of it.

You are assuming ... not good. Better to approach it with knowledge. You forgot to include automation in the picture.
People cannot be trusted and once in a while whistle-blowers pops up. Machines have no opinion and can easily be
programmed to consequently and accurately filter out whatever you need. Machines will do so 24/7 without complaining.
You have no idea how efficient automation can make millions of decisions per second. The outcome of the decision will
indeed not be impractical ones like arresting people. You need people to do that and as I said before people cannot be
trusted. So ... the decisions made will use other automation to implement consequences like blocking your bank account
or prevent you from renewing a driving license etc. etc. Let's see how long you will sustain your existence in this
automated and electronic world.

Finefeather
24th August 2013, 13:10
That's why I recommend we use Linux...all free and you can do anything Windows 8 can do.
I have used Linux Mint for years, never had a virus, no virus guard, fast as hell, thousands of free apps.
The geniuses and thousands of programmers who help write these systems are doing it to free us from the hold these big corps have on us...so support them.

Straight from Linux Mint 15...see how nice and neat the font is? and the spelling is purrrrrrrrfect :)

Flash
24th August 2013, 13:54

they can't jail millions of people for all saying nearly the same things.

but they can put everyone in some kind of fear if the people KNOW there is SUCH A HUGE SPY RING

to me they might take in a handful of people and use them as another scare topic to push through the idea that everyone is being investigated.

so I just keep doing what I am doing without a worry because I have SURETY that I am spiritually protected.

In fact I believe ANYONE WHO STARTS FIGHTING FOR TRUTH gets this protection from the future.

so I just believe in myself and do what I do forget about them.

jim

wrong, it is done by super computers and it takes seconds. Ask Jeff Rense, that is what he does to know where the tendencies are, without super duper computers. However, keep doing what you are doing anyhow and do not fear. In fact, remain in wilfull love.

You still have to be pinpointed for a specific reason to be harassed from what you write (unless it is an experiment you are unwillingly in, like some are).

And if you are pinpointed, you most probably know that you are. Then use window 7 and less.

I heard there was something unsecure about Linus too, but I should find what, I am not sure.

Tommy
24th August 2013, 14:32
I think at the end of the day no system is completely safe, some might be safer than others, but overall I advice that one never assumes your data is safe.

There are back-doors in OSX, linux, Windows (all versions), Android, iOS, etc. Some are the company's own back-doors, Apple is well known for plenty of those.. Usually hidden under the guise as "remote support protocols".

I use both Linux systems and Windows systems, and I use 8 as well. Point is, I never assume my data is safe no matter what platform I am on.

Still, this is a strong indicator of the direction software and OS development are going in

Thanks for posting

Sith73
25th August 2013, 22:22
Whatever OS you use for personal stuff just disconnect that thing from the internet after you are online and or shut off your wireless router or high speed internet box. Yea might be an inconvenience, but if your paranoid of backdoor's back up your data to an external flashdrive or hardrive problem solved.

Nickolai
25th August 2013, 23:06
Hi,

I honestly can not understand the danger and would really like someone explain me why I should be cautious.
I had a problem with my notebook recently, called the Microsoft and since I am stupid computer-wise the guy from the company politely asked me to solve the problem remotely from Moscow. He did it quickly and I had no trouble.

I would really appreciate your kind explanations.

Thank you,

Nickolai

trevtastic
25th August 2013, 23:45
Ok, let's not blow the capabilities of the Super Government out of proportion. I work in Information Security at a VERY large corporation (Fortune 500, in the 80's). I know what is out there, and what is being looked for. Look, I'm as paranoid as the next guy about what I need to protect, but really, they are NOT pulling data from you like you may think. Do they have the "capability"? Sure, but they're not because their super computers aren't advanced enough to discern human context. They're still basic machines depending on basic programming to semi-understand human logic and tendencies, as opposed to some form of organic computing (which I think is awesome).

The government could care less about what you (including myself) are doing. IF you are one of the very few that they are interested in, it doesn't matter as they will get any and all information on you and everyone you know. 99.9% of people surfing the internet, browsing forums such as this one, are NOT a threat to the Government. We make up what, not even 1% of the populace? How many "enlightened" individuals do you really know?

Just trust me when I tell you, I don't have near the capabilities that the FBI, NSA, CIA, etc., possess, but I could track you down regardless. It would just take me a little longer. VPN's are NOT really that secure. You always will leave traces of information which can and will lead back to you. Now, I do know ways you can never get caught, but it involves a lot of legwork (literally) and I see no need to worry about it.

@Nickolai -- You have nothing to worry about unless you're doing some seriously sketchy stuff that the government would deem as a thread to "national security". Surfing Project Avalon and other forums is not something they'd deem as a threat, I'm sure. :)

This is just more Big Brother, we're watching you, but we're really not, but you think we are, so we are... CRAP! ;)

norman
25th August 2013, 23:56
Hi,

I honestly can not understand the danger and would really like someone explain me why I should be cautious.
I had a problem with my notebook recently, called the Microsoft and since I am stupid computer-wise the guy from the company politely asked me to solve the problem remotely from Moscow. He did it quickly and I had no trouble.

Thank you,

Nickolai

:frusty::pound::doh:........you're kidding.....right?

Kimberley
26th August 2013, 02:36
My first computer was an Apple II+ that I bought in 1980 and have had an Apple ever since... had to us microsoft PC's for work from time to time...however once you go MAC you never turn back :-) !!!

toad
26th August 2013, 03:56
That's why I recommend we use Linux...all free and you can do anything Windows 8 can do.
I have used Linux Mint for years, never had a virus, no virus guard, fast as hell, thousands of free apps.
The geniuses and thousands of programmers who help write these systems are doing it to free us from the hold these big corps have on us...so support them.

Straight from Linux Mint 15...see how nice and neat the font is? and the spelling is purrrrrrrrfect :)

Yeah the answer to nearly all windows problems is linux*sarcasms*, Mint is a great start for people just trying it out for the first time. Linux especially debian style distros like Mint or Ubuntu or

Beginning with Mint. (http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1207)
Mint user guide. (http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/20)
http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

Also very good idea to have Mint or Ubu on a live USB or cd to have around incase anything catastrophic possibly happens to windows or you get a virus, the best way to diagnose and resolve issues especially virii/malware etc.. is from outside your computer.

Nickolai
26th August 2013, 11:40
Norman,

Why so arrogant?

Trevtastic,

Thanks for your reply. Actually that's what I think.

Nickolai

DouglasDanger
27th August 2013, 00:47
Hi,

Thank you,

Nickolai

The problem is privacy, if they have a way in and they suspect you of something or are just curious they could open up your computer and have a look see. If you have confidential files they want gone they can delete them remotely and a realy good hacker can back door himself into your computer and remove or copy all of your personal information.
All and all though you nore I have anything to worry about...( unless you are rich, have multiple credit cards to steal and loaded bankaccounts, I don't do online banking, nore do I purchass anything online. )

Tommy
27th August 2013, 16:09
Well, at the end of the day I think pretty much everybody in this thread has a valid point or two.

When I say "never assume your data is safe" I will stand by that, but I also agree that the likelihood of someone going through your data on a day to day basis, regardless of your stand on the NWO, government, etc, is pretty darn low. If you deal with first time whistleblower contacts for example then the likelihood is much higher, but if you do deal with WB's then you already know they will be at least looking in your data from time to time. So the measures one needs to take depends entirely on circumstances. Principles and rights are a different matter, and sadly there is little room for those terms in the commercial world today.

Also, people that are not aware should read up on the concept of "zero day exploits/attacks", as it is relevant for all systems and software:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-day_attack

Lastly, speaking of surveillance here is a (no pun) hint for those that want to dig deep:

http://slowlybyslowlydotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/tumbleweed.jpg

As I said, no irony intended behind that picture, but intention there certainly is.

Cheers

norman
29th August 2013, 06:07
Hi,

Thank you,

Nickolai

I decided to try to answer your first question rather than your second one to me because arrogant I wasn't, just so bamboozled by what you said.

The problem fixer guy is the carrot that sells the product. Microsoft wouldn't be doing their thing right if they didn't do that for you.

Even Bill Gates got pi**ed off with Microsoft after the US Federal government hauled him over the coals for nobbling the accessibility into the Operating System for third party software producers. Eventually they let him off with a reasonable fine ( read "caution" ) but at the cost of being permanently betrothed to their beck and call - hence his mission to sell "immunisation" programs across the world etc etc.

Microsoft has been a property of the US government since 2005. It is fully integrated into their systems of surveillance. You can add Oracle who bought Sun Microsystems ( Java ) for $5.6 billion, Adobe ( who own all the flash player functions that allow you to watch youtube videos and many many other functions on web pages ), and McAffee antivirus for good measure ( all antivirus programs have full total access to every tiny bit of data on your hard drive and can send any info about it back to any IP reporting station anywhere without bothering to tell you..

I won't go as far as to assume you are stupid, and think that if you are not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide.

I also won't go as far as to assume you've ever been in a fox hole with your ass being shot at, either.

Nickolai
29th August 2013, 13:49
Norman,

Without help of the Microsoft guy I would have to pay 50-75 USD just for the computer guy to come to my place, then I would have to pay for the work. So in my case I like the way I was helped.
Then, concerning privacy. That was the question for I do not have critical data to be stolen. Credit cards are under control and each internet charge is authorised by me after I call the bank. They have nothing to blackmail me with.
I asked for I wanted to hear the opinions of people who would probably help to see what I am missing.

And no Norman, you can not assume anything about me and my life experience, though I can say that lucky me had never been shot in the ass...)) To get the idea would be to be born in the USSR and survive till 2013... Pointless to explain!

I would add I do not deserve to way you address to me,

Nickolai

norman
30th August 2013, 03:25
I would add I do not deserve to way you address to me,

Nickolai

Ok, I'm sorry Nickolai.