PDA

View Full Version : Why we can love so many yet trust so few

Crazy Louie
24th August 2013, 17:27
Isaiah 45:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Most people don't even want to absorb what is written here - they have all these fancy ways of changing the meaning of what it says - by golly - God saying he creates darkness and evil is just too intense for most to contemplate. They fail to see themselves in the words - we exist he created us - and we know how evil we can be! Dare I suggest that perhaps that was his intent for what ever reason -- and from that comes light and peace. Yes or No?

We can love someone and change them through goodness
We can be such a monster to someone else and yet we change them also.
My premise is that for some something scary and terrible happening to them changes them where love would not work - for the better.

Kalamos
25th August 2013, 03:51

Star Mariner
25th August 2013, 14:06
Isaiah 45:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

People read too much, far too much, into these ancient quotes, and that is because certain words, particularly the negative ones like 'evil' are so charged in their connotations they take on almost a mythological construct.

form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things: this simply states that God, the Source, created 'Duality', the two polarities of positive and negative in this the sphere of choice and free-will. You have to have both, metaphysically and scientifically (in the Universe). You cannot have a positive anything, without a negative to balance it.

Anchor
26th August 2013, 04:51
I find it easier to refer to the infinite creator in that way, rather than God as it avoids the dogma laden symbology and brings the perspective to the abstract - the only place where it works (owing to the infinity factor)

I am that.

We are that.

You are that.

This is the key thing, one can only trust oneself really - but that is the same as trusting the one infinite creator.

Freewill comes next and you decide what to do and what your motive is - are you willing to expend effort on the love of self, or the love of others? In what place on this spectrum does one wish to be?

Ultimately there is no good, no evil, just an infinite creation, and a perspective to go with it, that is you. What you see is a reflection of what you ultimately are thinking, doing and creating.

Kalamos
26th August 2013, 06:01

Anchor
26th August 2013, 06:33
I Have Found, Recently, That To The Degree We Forget OUr 'Selves' To That measure DoEs The 'Order And Plan' OF Your 'Life' (Which You Created, The Plan), It Will Fall Into And Synch With A BIggeR Plan, (Which We Create/D And Are Adjusting As We Go. InAddition, Things Go Best (Smoothly) The More We Obey Divine Laws, ASwellAs The Rules And Laws Of Our LandS,NWorkplaces, GrOups, Etc... Always Using COMMON SENSE as A Guide, And 'Adjuster'. FOr Your Consideration, FrienDs.

Henry,

Here is my theory, you are a secret agent and you are coding messages in your prose

Love,

the NSA

Crazy Louie
26th August 2013, 08:17
Forget ourselves? Very good - An ex nun wrote a book years ago - Bernedette Roberts - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernadette_Roberts - The Path to No Self - in it she says she ran into trouble with her supervisors when they asked her what her prayers were about - and she responded, she said no words and went for silence -- a big no no apparently - also as she sought god through books from the nun bookstore - required reading 101 - her eyes stopped being able to see the words on the page. She finally arrived at a place of no self - which I translate to no ego. Books were my friend from 9 years old and on - but one day I was at B&N and I closed my eyes and was asking for a really good find - something that would really open my eyes etc - usual thing - give me wisdom - make me wise - blah blah blah - so as I stood their in isle infinity - the shelves became rounded and started to grow upwards - best described as a lighthouse if you were inside and there was no floors or stairs and worse yet no door. Yep it was a vision - yea ole not the answer I was looking for deal - books - man's wisdom - etc. There was no mistake that at that point in life I had reached the place where man's wisdom had become a prison to me - a vast dungeon - books as bricks. I want to make it clear this was for me - I am not saying for everyone - because I had to read a zillion books to realize something in me "the helper" already had the wisdom of anything I could ever read - but instead of my ego patting itself on the back with how wise I was - and trying to gain more wisdom the reality came that the bible does say get wisdom - one of those ancient fortune cookie things that mean nothing to the masses - but wait - with the help of "the helper" I can discern beyond the letter of the law and live in the spirit of the law and discern what the little ancient fortune cookie things might really be saying. The wisdom the bible is talking about is god's wisdom - and thus this would have to come from him through the holy spirit "the helper" and not through some other man's interpretation of what god meant or said or did in a book he's making money on. It could gain wisdom free from the real wisdom tree - if I stopped running around getting my PHD in Pompus Smug Intellect. The path to No Self feels like death.
Now for a laugh - or more laughs - years later I was living a pretty normal life with god - but I did not feel challenged so I asked for more weight - yes that was what I needed more weight in my life to really test myself -- in other words my ego wanted to be JOB -- so after a few months I met this woman - a very intelligent woman and everything is really great - she has a good job - can keep up in a conversation - great sex life -- oh and by the way - a Psychiatric PA - who just happens to also be a diagnosed Borderline Personality Disorder person -- I drove a across the tetons at 12000 feet in a beat up old truck after a major snowstorm - just me and snow plows up there - when it came time for me to flee -- I was so beat down - and clinically depressed - ( I use the medical terminolgy but she had sucked my soul pretty dry) - I left most of my stuff - it was gone forever including a puppy I loved - because I was driving across those tetons without a job or anywhere to go - I was now homeless - so okay whats the laugh? Me praying for more weight -- well her last name was Waite. I only connected this all together months later when I was in an empty house and watching my tears splatter on a ancient wood floor from my hands and knees position - and the laughter came - I had transcended emotion - because I was sobbing and meaning it and I was laughing and really meaning it all at the same time. So by golly I have to tell you I really don't ask for anything anymore. Much safer with "your will be done." - but even that not so much since without the ego involved I really don't have anything to say to god that could ever be something he needs to hear. So I talk to whoever is reading this - for fun Howie.

Kalamos
26th August 2013, 09:06