PDA

View Full Version : Integrity

Freed Fox
26th August 2013, 03:39
Tell the truth.

Have the courage to both admit and accept the fact that you don't have all the answers.

Have the strength to live with the inherent uncertainty of life.

Resist the urge to grasp at straws.

Take responsibility for your actions, thoughts, and choices.

Do not be so quick to blame your misfortunes, traumas, and tragedies on external forces (particularly forces which cannot be readily observed, and likely never fully understood).

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
~ George Orwell

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
~ Mahatma Gandhi

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
~ Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against.
~ Malcolm X

No more lies.

william r sanford72
26th August 2013, 04:12
i cant express how important this thread is to me at this moment and thank you.coming from the old junky way of life not telling the truth was second nature to me.it seems now im driven to the reverse end of this spectrum it has cost me dearly in some aspects but the gain is so much more.i was shocked in the start of this journey at how the truth isnt wanted and often resented.or outright rejected i now focus on the positive aspects and always come from the heart.it never lies..even when my mind and ego says to.so mostly ive learnd to let it do most of the driving now a days and deal with the bumpy road i find myself on every now and again.william.

Anchor
26th August 2013, 04:40
Freed fox, these are words to live by for sure.

My favorite: "take responsibility for your actions, thoughts, and choices."

Also while doing all that, seek harmony, seek the truth.

ghostrider
26th August 2013, 04:41
this should be the motto of the entire earth, take responsibility for your actions, thoughts, and choices ... something that most in our world push off to a deity, political leaders, signs of the times, peer pressure, you name it ... soldiers choose to fight, bankers choose to cheat, politicians choose to lie ... the world will change for the better when we take responsibility for our planet and everything on it ...

lakewatcher
26th August 2013, 05:56
Here's my take on this matter: I think that I am responsible for all effects that I have created throughout eternity -- positive and negative. That means that I am responsible to heal any and all harm that I have created throughout the whole of existence, throughout all past, in the present, and throughout all the future.

With the aide and assistance of the Supreme Being, I can fulfill this responsibility. Absent the aide of the Supreme Being in this matter, I cannot. The Supreme Being does not do the job for me, rather, it creates the possibility for me to do it for myself.

The absolute necessity to work with the Supreme Being to fulfill this responsibility, and to fulfill my spiritual potential as well, is one of the most important lessons for me to learn through the experience of creation.

Calamus
26th August 2013, 06:23

Kindling
26th August 2013, 06:37
Tell the truth.

Have the courage to both admit and accept the fact that you don't have all the answers.

Have the strength to live with the inherent uncertainty of life.

Resist the urge to grasp at straws.

Do not be so quick to blame your misfortunes, traumas, and tragedies on external forces (particularly forces which cannot be readily observed, and likely never fully understood).

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
~ George Orwell

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
~ Mahatma Gandhi

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
~ Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against.
~ Malcolm X

No more lies.

Thanks for this Freed Fox! Just excellent. So short, so simple, so true :-).

mischief
26th August 2013, 09:11
Integrity with grace.
Part of my personal philosophy for life.

Willingly accept responsibility for all your actions, good, bad and indifferent.
Willingly hold yourself accountable for the results of these be they good bad or indifferent.
Accept that mistakes get made and bad results occur.
Willingly walk through the consequences of these til everyone is happy with the end results.

Just noticed that there's no tell or speak only the truth written in there, I think I just assumed that was a part of 'actions', but maybe I should rewrite it.

Fred Steeves
26th August 2013, 10:22

A direct result of practicing integrity is humbleness, because it necessarily forces us to focus on our own dependence on lies and distortions. (Not easy to look at) Another direct result is an increased understanding of others, because once our own pit of self deception we have been wallowing in is recognized and accepted, it becomes easier to identify and empathize with their struggles as well.

Living with no more lies is akin to what it would take to walk down the street bare naked: "Here I am world!" (LOL)

Of course not many of us are quite ready to take it that far, and various amounts of "clothes" are still adorned to hide certain "parts".

The struggle continues...:yes4:

greybeard
26th August 2013, 10:33

A direct result of practicing integrity is humbleness, because it necessarily forces us to focus on our own dependence on lies and distortions. (Not easy to look at) Another direct result is an increased understanding of others, because once our own pit of self deception we have been wallowing in is recognized and accepted, it becomes easier to identify and empathize with their struggles as well.

Living with no more lies is akin to what it would take to walk down the street bare naked: "Here I am world!" (LOL)

Of course not many of us are quite ready to take it that far, and various amounts of "clothes" are still adorned to hide certain "parts".

The struggle continues...:yes4:

Well said Fred.
Chris

Dorjezigzag
26th August 2013, 11:06
I like what you have written Freed fox but would like to add this

A belief that you represent 'truth' can be dangerous.

For example it is my truth that Olives are a wondrous creation of nature that taste amazing, for another they are disgusting.

Look at all the wars that have been waged in the name of truth

There are some hard truths but truth is a lot more fluid than some people may accept, who try and impose their concrete version of truth.

The best we can hope for is to be true to our selves, but you could even argue sometimes it is better that we don't face just how bad things are, when they are bad because then we may loose hope.

but I do think we should try to be understanding of others and their relationship with truth

Bubu
26th August 2013, 11:40
Ok I knew this... but I forget almost always.

We need more of these reminders.

THANK YOU

ulli
26th August 2013, 12:07
Integrity is always difficult, not so much because of the until now unintegrated parts of me...since I don't always know what those are,
but because of those I can do little about, yet I am aware of, as personal deficiencies.
Even though I may appear bold to many people Im only aware of my own cowardice.
Every time I want to burst out with a certain higher truth I am held back by my imagined belief of how it will be received by others, who are not yet ready for what they might consider a rude awakening.

The thing is that integrity is not only an issue for me alone, but in my view one for the collective as well.
But that process of getting all of humanity to wake up to seeing the needs of their fellow humans,
and serving the greater whole, showing respect to all....it is really a dual process.

When one's own integrity requires added courage, and willingness to suffer for the sake of the greater integration of the community then the whole process can become downright scary.

Calamus
26th August 2013, 13:15

Bill Ryan
26th August 2013, 13:30
-------

Excellent and important. My own watchwords to complement the above:

Make sure that what you think, what you believe, what you say, and what you do are all consistent and all in alignment.

Roisin
26th August 2013, 14:36
Integrity to me is being beyond reproach in all that you say and do. That you speak your truth even if whatever it is, some may not like it. And that whatever it is that you say, it is stripped of any petty jealousies, envy, covert hostilities and self-gain because the real truth is the result of honest self-examination too and unless you've done that prior to when you said it, then itís not the real truth hence why it lacks integrity.

Sammy
26th August 2013, 14:43
To always tell the truth to all others - for me this is currently impossible.

For one, I would be crucified instantly.

But I find it essential to be as close to 100% truthful as possible with myself and I strive for this 24/7/365.

I would say my success with this (in recent times) is probably the primary reason my life has become fantastic.

My membership here on Avalon played a huge role. Thanks, ya'll... from the heart.

Freed Fox
26th August 2013, 15:07
Thank you all for your replies.

A few things consciously omitted from the OP in order to maintain a certain succinct impact...

Certainly, I would not mean to imply that I have mastered these principles. It is just as much a 'note to self' as it is a reminder/request to the membership, as well as an affirmation to the world at large. For me, 'grasping at straws' and dealing with uncertainty are particularly relevant issues.

In my mind, truth isn't quite as simple as the binary premise of 'truth/lies'. As Dorjezigzag pointed out, there are at least at certain levels of experience, subjective truths. Without delving too deeply into the sticky mess of what makes objective truth, I would say that a lie is only really a lie when it is knowingly told. Otherwise, it is a mistake and when one is mistaken, integrity plays a part in acknowledging or admitting that we were wrong when we come to be aware of the fact (or, at the very least, being open to correction).

Dorjezigzag also rightly pointed out the dangers in believing that one represents the absolute truth. I would not disagree whatsoever, but it was for that reason that I didn't say anything along such lines as 'live and die by the truth', or 'defend it to the death', or even 'strike hard against the lies'.

As ulli has shared, it does indeed take courage, and like Fred pointed out, a personal adherence to truth and the humility to expose our own falsehoods tend to breed empathy for others on this path. Bill's addendum above is a crucial facet of integrity which I failed to mention, and probably the aspect of it which requires the greatest degree of personal diligence.

Every truth has two sides; it is as well we look at both, before we commit ourselves to either.
~ Aesop

If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.
~ Descartes

Sammy
26th August 2013, 15:29
Freed fox, these are words to live by for sure.

My favorite: "take responsibility for your actions, thoughts, and choices."

Also while doing all that, seek harmony, seek the truth.

I feel I took a big step in the right direction when I admitted the likelihood that not all the thoughts that pop into my head are my own as it is well known that there has been great strides achieved in what is called mind hacking and thought implantation technology. This purportedly is able to be done by fellow humans and I am open minded other beings may also be able to do this. In fact, I make the odds high they can and I make the odds high that they do.

Thus - the big step I took was that I separated thoughts into two categories.

Thoughts which pop into my head may not be my own or may be partially my own. For these thoughts, I am now able to give myself a pass unless I keep those thoughts. Then I own them and then I become 100% responsible.

As for the thoughts I intentionally derive... those thoughts I take full responsibility for.

Of course then, all my words (written and spoken) as well as all my actions (deeds) are 100% my own responsibility.

So the only area I find tricky is the bridge between the thoughts I have and thoughts I accept and/or intentionally create. The last, almost no man's land for me. It is my view that this is the bridge upon which my integrity is formed.

Strangely, it is turning out that life is really not very complicated after all. I did not say easy (especially for a clown like me) but it is really quite simple.

Bubu
27th August 2013, 00:25
To always tell the truth to all others - .

Does wearing make up is telling the truth? Just curious

Anchor
27th August 2013, 01:00
I feel I took a big step in the right direction when I admitted the likelihood that not all the thoughts that pop into my head are my own as it is well known that there has been great strides achieved in what is called mind hacking and thought implantation technology.
So the only area I find tricky is the bridge between the thoughts I have and thoughts I accept and/or intentionally create. The last, almost no man's land for me. It is my view that this is the bridge upon which my integrity is formed.

Strangely, it is turning out that life is really not very complicated after all. I did not say easy (especially for a clown like me) but it is really quite simple.

Try this model on for size:

There are two kinds of thoughts you can have. The ones you create and the ones you attach to, but which are created by some other thing.

Together you may believe that these are all your thoughts.

The ones you create, you are most certainly responsible for.

The ones you attach to and believed them to be yours are potentially manipulative tricks.

The danger is that you may not be aware of thoughts created by others that you believe are your own.

Your REACTIONS to any thoughts, self created or otherwise is your responsibility, but you could be being tricked.

Itís a big step that you take when you can separate the one from the other consciously. This is discernment.

If I can articulate something well enough, I can create a thought in your mind just by you reading it, but you ALWAYS have the option to let it go; test it, challenge it etc.

[UPDATE: Initially this post contained a confused explanation that used a clumsy and wrong analogy based on set theory that I totally stuffed up, this is the redone version - thanks to Paul for keeping me honest :) ]

JohnEAngel
27th August 2013, 02:05
with a boundless sense of presence and a purity of heart all virtue is becoming of us.

Sammy
27th August 2013, 23:37
I feel I took a big step in the right direction when I admitted the likelihood that not all the thoughts that pop into my head are my own as it is well known that there has been great strides achieved in what is called mind hacking and thought implantation technology.

Try this model on for size:

There are two kinds of thoughts you can have. The ones you create and the ones you attach to, but which are created by some other thing.

Together you may believe that these are all your thoughts.

The ones you create, you are most certainly responsible for.

The ones you attach to and believed them to be yours are potentially manipulative tricks.

The danger is that you may not be aware of thoughts created by others that you believe are your own.

Your REACTIONS to any thoughts, self created or otherwise is your responsibility, but you could be being tricked.

Itís a big step that you take when you can separate the one from the other consciously. This is discernment.

If I can articulate something well enough, I can create a thought in your mind just by you reading it, but you ALWAYS have the option to let it go; test it, challenge it etc.

[UPDATE: Initially this post contained a confused explanation that used a clumsy and wrong analogy based on set theory that I totally stuffed up, this is the redone version - thanks to Paul for keeping me honest :) ]

This is precisely how I see it. Glad I am not alone.

Here's some exploration of the "human" developed technology along the lines of thought implantation directly into your brain -

E0IkcxSrjv0

Note, there may be technology that dwarfs what Earth humans have developed. I believe I experience this "other worldly" technology as well as have experienced (and may still be experiencing) mind hacking from Earth born humans (a quite crude version as opposed to the other).

Calamus
28th August 2013, 12:31

araucaria
28th August 2013, 17:48

Course it is: it's telling people you need it (or at least think you do) :)

turiya
28th August 2013, 17:53
Note, there may be technology that dwarfs what Earth humans have developed. I believe I experience this "other worldly" technology as well as have experienced (and may still be experiencing) mind hacking from Earth born humans (a quite crude version as opposed to the other).

Cross posted... from another thread: (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?58865-An-Update-On-Our-Evolution-by-Chris-Thomas&p=691453#post691453)

Chris Thomas Confirms NSA Using Alien Technology for Surveilling & Psychic Attacks (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?58865-An-Update-On-Our-Evolution-by-Chris-Thomas&p=691453#post691453)

http://curezone.com/upload/_T_Forums/Turiya_Files_/Chris_Thomas/CHRIS_THOMAS_OYR_06162013_NSA_Psychic_Attack_excer pt.mp3

SOURCE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bePo1Q2ECyg)

Outer Limits Episode Foresees Insidious Future of NSA

http://curezone.com/upload/_T_Forums/turiya_file/OUTER_LIMITS_O_B_I_T_smaller.png (http://archive.org/details/TheOuterLimits-Tos-1x07-O.b.i.t.avi_90)

Source (http://archive.org/details/TheOuterLimits-Tos-1x07-O.b.i.t.avi_90)

turiya :cool:

turiya
29th August 2013, 02:06
http://curezone.com/upload/_T_Forums/turiya_file/INTEGRITY_DEFINITION.png

Integrity - From Integer... wholeness, to be whole, complete, undivided, of being integrated - "to put together parts or elements and combine them into a whole".

The ego is the only insane thing in the world. The ego is neurosis, and anybody who suffers from the ego suffers from neurosis, because the ego thinks itself to be the whole. Imagine the part thinking as if it were the whole - the pinky thinking it was the whole hand, the whole body... The part is not the whole. The part is sick... thinking that it is the whole.

When there is no ego, one is integrated with the whole. When there is ego, one is not integrated with the whole. When there is ego, one is split, divided, schizophrenic; when there is ego.... In fact, there are many egos Ė there is a crowd & there is a constant fight inside. Each ego tries to be more powerful than the others and there is a continuous struggle, and in that struggle one's energy is dissipated, wasted.

When the 'I' is not, when the ego is not there... Integrity is.

Its something you can't hide... when you're crippled inside--John Lennon

Carmody
29th August 2013, 02:19

Course it is: it's telling people you need it (or at least think you do) :)

I try to ignore all the make-up I see. some of it is bizarre and difficult to deal with, when you have to look the person in the face and eye, but hey, whatever...'do whatcha gotta do' (shrug), on any side of that equation, it is.

§=[Post Update]=§

http://curezone.com/upload/_T_Forums/turiya_file/INTEGRITY_DEFINITION.png

Integrity - From Integer... wholeness, to be whole, complete, undivided, of being integrated - "to put together parts or elements and combine them into a whole".

The ego is the only insane thing in the world. The ego is neurosis, and anybody who suffers from the ego suffers from neurosis, because the ego thinks itself to be the whole. Imagine the part thinking as if it were the whole - the pinky thinking it was the whole hand, the whole body... The part is not the whole. The part is sick... thinking that it is the whole.

When there is no ego, one is integrated with the whole. When there is ego, one is not integrated with the whole. When there is ego, one is split, divided, schizophrenic; when there is ego.... In fact, there are many egos Ė there is a crowd & there is a constant fight inside. Each ego tries to be more powerful than the others and there is a continuous struggle, and in that struggle one's energy is dissipated, wasted.

When the 'I' is not, when the ego is not there... Integrity is.

Its something you can't hide... when you're crippled inside--John Lennon

Define "conceit."
A mosquito with a hard-on floating down the river on his back shouting, "Open the drawbridge!"

araucaria
29th August 2013, 06:38
Define "conceit."
A mosquito with a hard-on floating down the river on his back shouting, "Open the drawbridge!"
Or an English speaker wearing a fig leaf. I have fig leaves in my garden a foot across and longer still. A French speaker would be content with the smaller vine leaf.
Or is that a definition of prudishness? :) The immodesty of modesty.

turiya
29th August 2013, 06:38
Define "conceit."

Take your pick:
*'CON' - "to swindle," 1896, from con (adj.)

+

* CEIT - Center of Excellence for Information Technology (NASA)
* CEIT - Centre for Educational & Information Technology
* CEIT - Centre of Eco-Information & Terminology
* CEIT - College of Engineering and Information Technology (Northern Mindanao State Institute of Science and Technology; Philippines)
* CEIT - Combat Engineering & Installation Team
* CEIT - Computer Education and Educational Technology
* CEIT - Correctional Employee Initial Training (Delaware)
* CEIT - Cost Engineering Integrated Tools
* CEIT - Countries with Economies in Transition
* CEIT - Crew Equipment Integration Test
* CEIT - Crew Equipment Interface Test (NASA)
Source (http://www.acronymfinder.com/CEIT.html)
Gallinipper Mosquito To Descend On Florida (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/25/giant-mosquito-florida_n_2943791.html)

Information in news releases predicts the onslaught of Schwarzenegger-size bugs, dubbed gallinippers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5-jnzoERQw

Veiled Rain
29th August 2013, 15:08
Truth/Integrity--almost synonymous/interchangeable--they go hand in hand--one does not exist without the other
Contemplation of source and expression of ones higher self
Love and Harmony come together to glorify and unite as one-sans trickery of the spoken word
Anything one hides serves only to lessen their integrity of the moment

One can not be fully complete until h/she reaches the pinnacle of integrity in everything they say and do regardless of how others perceive it
Integrity within oneself always radiates outwardly to Love of the great universe and our place in it

Freed Fox
25th September 2013, 21:00
:bump:

...because we could all use a reminder from time to time.

AutumnW
25th September 2013, 21:46
I guess this means I shouldn't be saying, "The devil made me do it," then? Darn.;)

Dorjezigzag
26th September 2013, 23:39
When there is no ego, one is integrated with the whole.

Turiya,
This sounds like the philosophy of the ant community

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/HoneyAnt.jpg

or perhaps the Borg.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070222235618/memoryalpha/en/images/8/8a/Borg-children.jpg

Just because we all share the same infinite spark, does not mean that we have to express it in the same way.

Whether we like it or not we are all integrated in the whole our separateness is an illusion.

It has nothing to do with the concept of 'ego'. Your concern should not be with destroying your self and hence part of the collective but in living to your full potential and in harmony.

Your true self

A healthy Ego