PDA

View Full Version : An unusual story from WW2 involving a Nazi plane and a crippled US Bomber

Craig
28th August 2013, 11:40
I just saw this youtube video and it moved me a bit, in the midst of war that something like this could happen, there is still a glimpse of humanity amongst the evil that happened.

_8EkmyoG83Q

but it is still war, so probably the next day they would have gone back to trying to kill the enemy.

I did try to check to make sure not previously posted if so, please feel free to remove

cheers

Craig

PS can you imagine that happening today?

araucaria
28th August 2013, 12:07
There are quite a few of these heart-warming wartime stories. One Christmas Day in World War I, frontliners from both sides got together for a soccer game in No Man's Land. Their officers also fraternized. Then in World War II, after D-Day, I believe there was a problem, not with bringing in ammunition but with getting people to fire it. And then I have a friend who fought with the French forces in Algeria. He said he and many others would never have dreamt of firing at anyone; maybe over their heads. It seems that in any war only a tiny minority are willing to shoot to kill. This is why modern weaponry is all about long range and mass destruction, and now drones, the only way to carry on warfare in the face of increasing revulsion.

Craig
28th August 2013, 12:35
Araucaria, thank you, I have never heard it like that before. It gives me more hope in man as human and not a machine. Now we need to stop the drones...

araucaria
28th August 2013, 13:26
Araucaria, thank you, I have never heard it like that before. It gives me more hope in man as human and not a machine. Now we need to stop the drones...
And have you heard the ballot-box slant on this, Craig? In July 1945 (the war was still raging in Japan), Churchill was booted out of government by all the demobbed cannon fodder, who had a very different angle on things from the business end of his war policies.

JRS
28th August 2013, 22:57
Hi All, Charles (Charlie) Brown led an interesting life after the war. He was recruited by Army Intelligence and his job was to investigate UFO reports. HE IS A DISCLOSURE PROJECT WITNESS! I believe you can hear his testimony at Disclosureproject.com. He is the fifth guy on the 2 and 4hour witness DVD's. I believe these can be found on Utube. He testified that he investigated cases with pilot visual, air radar in the plane, ground visual, and ground radar confirming the same UFO. HE SAID "IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT!!!"
After he left the Army/Airforce he went to work for Boeing. He was an energy inventor who designed a water injection system for B-29's that increased their range and performance by 25%. As is common with many energy inventions it was never used in production (see Wade Frazier's thread for much more on energy invention suppression).
I believe Charlie's connection with US Intelligence may have contributed to him finally being able to track down the German pilot. It turned out that after the war Franz had moved to Vancouver, BC and as Charlie lived in Seattle, they had been living just a couple hundred miles apart for decades! I have seen pictures of their eventual meeting but didn't know that a video existed. Thank you for posting that!

Charlie passed a couple of years ago. It is kind of irritating that the UFO debunkers are crapping on the testimony of true heroes like Charlie Brown.

Vitalux
28th August 2013, 23:29
Quite a wonderful story, that is REAL.
Not smeared in propaganda, drama, the evil powers that be, or religious bull-crap. :thumb:

Billy
28th August 2013, 23:40
Thank you. There was no division in that moment. compassion can work wonders . I felt the tears they shed, :kiss:

Carmody
29th August 2013, 01:42
there was a study done on this. In war, only about 10% were really willing to shoot to kill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Killing:_The_Psychological_Cost_of_Learning_to_ Kill_in_War_and_Society

Modern violent video games are a SERIOUS problem.

It prepares people to be actual killers. It places the psychology in them as a form of repetitive practice, before the real attempt.

if you read further on the subject of the listed article at wikipedia and expand into what things like video games mean..., you will become quite alarmed.

Now comes VR, which is even deeper immersion in the function of killing in 'virtual reality'.

mischief
29th August 2013, 08:30
So too does modern television....I think it desensitizes people by making violence and gore out to be entertainment.
If it isnt real on TV,more and more it becomes unreal in life too.

Its good to be reminded of the real stories where some semblance of sanity and chivalry prevailed.

Corncrake
29th August 2013, 11:13
Thanks for posting and all the interesting comments. Such an uplifting story with all sabre rattling over Syria at the moment.

araucaria
12th September 2013, 12:11
Here is another uplifting story. The true story of The Wipers Times:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/tv-review-the-wipers-times-bbc2--a-bit-like-blackadder-only-true-8810148.html