PDA

View Full Version : What about a form of organization for Project Avalon?

Asyloth
1st September 2013, 14:30
Hi everyone,

I've got this question burning my mind for a while now.

I know we like to find natural concordance to our behavior to be sure we go with the natural flow of things.
And the best example of organization in nature is simply the body of all living things (at our level at least), if the organs weren't ORGANized, the body in its all wouldn't be able to function at all, each organ would do his little thing in its corner and there would be no chance for any form of higher thinking and acting. It seems like without organization life cannot get to any form of complexity.

On the other hand, I feel like every form of organization is corruptible, and as long as you have no real organization, you can't have any real corruption.

So I'm not especially preaching for a form of organization on project avalon, I'm just throwing the question out cause I think it has to be thought very seriously when I see the great potential of the people on this forum, people from all horizons, all ages.

What do you think about it?

CD7
1st September 2013, 14:40
Coming from a highly right brained person!...what appears to be chaos in the end reveals a perfectly organized pattern underneath all along

ThresholdRising
1st September 2013, 14:57
I was thinking roughly the same thing. What if we were to treat our projects like one of forbes 1000 top corporations. If we had a product (peace, healing, knowledge or whateve the organisation sees as important) and we marketed this product and sold it for the right price (free).

The thing about these businesses is that they strive to be the best, are very organized, have intelligent competant workers and usually have training and education as part of their work ethic.

I know what you mean about the body and this is an excellent example of what can be done.

Which is more powerful? 70 trillion individual cells or you (a body of 70 trillion cells).

Lifebringer
1st September 2013, 15:05
OMG Asyloth, I just go the message not 5 minutes ago. Ann Curry went to the Syrian Refugee camps and saw the devastation in the children and instability of food, bandages, and trauma therapist. I took down some of the most needed supplies, and I'm listening for the website to donate but I feel it will take a search under Ann Curry's charity to find it for Syrian Refugees to get it. Chuck Todd does in depth, but leaves out details of contact.
Needs for the camp.

Clean water, Food, tent purchase, dry waste disposal pks, hand sanitizer, baby wipes diapers, mostly food instability, but Ann's put a charity together and perhaps we can donate here with a percentage going to her for ALL the camps during these instability regions having millions flee. If all of them receive a donation, surely they will awaken to who and what we do for the good, and awaken the masses with discussion for the suffering of innocents.

Food, water, and triple antibiotics w/bandages go a long way with scrapes and bruises that can become infested with sand lice and cause disease in the children. Clean sheets from our Salvation armies, and thrift stores and clothing for those who flee with just the clothing on their backs.

It's really sounds good and I will donate 15 here and hope for 10 to go to the camps through Ann Curry if you guys can pull it together this week. I'll have money by Thursday.

I just tweeted Ann and told her to have an e-mail by Thursday. Hope we can do some good. The area is getting hot and the people need to come away from these mad dogs of mayhem.

Asyloth
1st September 2013, 15:07
Coming from a highly right brained person!...what appears to be chaos in the end reveals a perfectly organized pattern underneath all along

Coming from an highly left brained person! ;)
I know I've seen the video of Mark Passio as well ;)

And to be honest I had to conquer my right brain (I was more of left brained person when I was younger)

So your attack ain't right.

johnf
1st September 2013, 18:07

And to be honest I had to conquer my right brain (I was more of left brained person when I was younger)

I am curious as to why you would call CD7's post an attack?
I would see it as more of a helpful sharing of a complementary point of view on the subject of this thread.

As for the larger subject here, I don't see any need for any organization on any forum beyond the usual moderation teams.
The purpose of a forum is to share information, links ,articles and points of view
and as such they seem to be the most resilient form of "organization" mankind has in the visible, proven world.

The groups that operate with this forum as a base of communication are pretty hard to target outside of the apparent
psychic attacks that have been reported in various threads.

The main threat to the spiritual evolution of any group, or individual, is pride.
The best antidote for pride is the encouragement of feedback from others on similar paths, and a certain level of comfort with the phenomena of dissent, and constructive criticism(not allways, but often two different things).

I have been interested in the subjects of cults and healthy organizations for a while and the following document seems to be a pretty good example of a list that can be used to analyse the health of an organization.

http://www.umass.edu/greek/uploads/listWidget/13167/SOME%20CHARACTERISTICS%20OF%20UNHEALTHY%20AND%20HEALTHY%20ORGANIZATIONS.pdf

Corporations tend to have a lot of characteristics in the left hand (Brain?) collumn.

jf

ghostrider
1st September 2013, 18:19
if you put it in a box , the walls of the box , may hinder creative juices ... flowing from your gut instinct , tread carefully ... I'm not opposed , just saying ...

Asyloth
1st September 2013, 18:21

I would see it as more of a helpful sharing of a complementary point of view on the subject of this thread.

As for the larger subject here, I don't see any need for any organization on any forum beyond the usual moderation teams.
The purpose of a forum is to share information, links ,articles and points of view
and as such they seem to be the most resilient form of "organization" mankind has in the visible, proven world.

The groups that operate with this forum as a base of communication are pretty hard to target outside of the apparent

The main threat to the spiritual evolution of any group, or individual, is pride.
The best antidote for pride is the encouragement of feedback from others on similar paths, and a certain level of comfort with the phenomena of dissent, and constructive criticism(not allways, but often two different things).

I have been interested in the subjects of cults and healthy organizations for a while and the following document seems to be a pretty good example of a list that can be used to analyse the health of an organization.

http://www.umass.edu/greek/uploads/listWidget/13167/SOME%20CHARACTERISTICS%20OF%20UNHEALTHY%20AND%20HEALTHY%20ORGANIZATIONS.pdf

Corporations tend to have a lot of characteristics in the left hand (Brain?) collumn.

jf

I guess it fell like an "attack" since it wasn't well directed.
I guess when the critic feels justified it feels like an helpful advice, and when the critic is felt like not justified it feels like an attack ;)
But no trouble here

Ok I get your point

Asyloth
1st September 2013, 18:26
if you put it in a box , the walls of the box , may hinder creative juices ... flowing from your gut instinct , tread carefully ... I'm not opposed , just saying ...

If I follow your way of thinking a form of organization can only be restrictive? Maybe people are thinking that because the way our system is structured today is extremely restrictive, and that is because it has been invented for that very reason.

What if people organized in a way that is previously thought not to be restrictive in any way?

soleil
1st September 2013, 19:26
i think if we all DO something at a organized time repeatedly for the greatest good of all....then why be put in a box when all is involved at the top creative level. not to create more organized pyramids. :gossip:

Asyloth
2nd September 2013, 04:42
i think if we all DO something at a organized time repeatedly for the greatest good of all....then why be put in a box when all is involved at the top creative level. not to create more organized pyramids. :gossip:

I know very well about the way the universe organises, I just don't know if that will be enough.
People don't seem to be getting my point, when I say the word "organization" people seem to directly associate it with hierarchy or box like the word conspiracy has been pasted with the word theory.

Like people are thinking the way our system is organized today is the ONLY way to organize a system oO You all know there is an infinity of possibilities, there's not just one possibility...

There's clearly of lack of open minding on this...

soleil
2nd September 2013, 13:11
ok how do you envision it being structured like?

Asyloth
2nd September 2013, 19:48
Well I guess something like the groups but maybe a bit more structured or something like that. Something that would transform it in some kind of a body (it would still be aside of the forum even if it's on it, see what I mean?)

And I guess it can be structured in way that's not hierarchical nor restrictive, I'm not saying I have the perfect idea of a "system" but there must be people here with a lot more experience that can work that out (I guess once again).

The idea is to get some kind of a "greater body" out of all this potential, I'm sure we could get a lot more things done and have a much bigger impact on the awakening of the world if there was some kind of a more "structured" group, now again I'm not talking about anything restrictive or pyramidal, just something that makes it possible to cooperate on a bigger scale and achieve maybe greater things.

I can't see what's fundamentally wrong with the idea of people getting a little more organized in a good way and with good intentions...

Bill Ryan
2nd September 2013, 21:41
-------

I think the question is a good one -- inasmuch as it stimulates us to consider

What may be possible, and
What needs to be done to enable or catalyze that.

Organization isn't a dirty word. Inspiring movements, great ideas, world-changing projects all need organization. If organization isn't a word that some people identify with, then we could maybe talk about co-ordination.

Organization (or co-ordination) means answering these questions:

What do people want to accomplish?
What needs to be accomplished?
What skills, resources and time do people have?
How should people communicate with each other?
How do decisions get made?

Part of Avalon is a social meeting place. People share experiences, make friends, discuss things that are interesting to them. It's a virtual coffee shop (and quite a large one, too!).

The other part of Avalon is a let's-get-things-done project group. The HOW TO HEAL THE WORLD (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?62596-HOW-TO-HEAL-THE-WORLD--A-roadmap-you-may-have-been-waiting-for...-) thread generated a large number of responses like: "Oh my God, this is what I've been waiting for!"

Many came to Avalon because they wanted to be participants in the movement to change the world, not just observers -- like so much alternative TV (as YouTube tends to be, and a LOT of other stuff on the net).

We have MANY members here whose purpose this lifetime is to get something done. That's one difference between Avalon and other meeting places on the net.

There are more people on planet Earth than ever before who want to make a difference. Reading or watching yet more stuff doesn't quite cut it. That's just more consumerism.

It's so easy to convince ourselves that were doing something important, and yet all we're doing is listening to another radio show. Keeping ourselves informed is valuable and necessary. But after we're informed, then what?

People want to do things. Organization (or co-ordination!) is what enables and catalyzes that to happen, connecting people in a meaningful way so that each individual doesn't feel quite so powerless or alone. Coming round full circle now, that's why the question in this thread is a good one.

CD7
3rd September 2013, 00:18

jf

Just caught this...thanks John f for your response, so spot on! Yes it was just my perspective and sharing how I view organization.

No sure wasn't an attack Ashlof :)

CD7
3rd September 2013, 00:22
Asyloth-

What if people organized in a way that is previously thought not to be restrictive in any way?

That's an interesting question...how do u think tht could be accomplished?

Daozen
3rd September 2013, 01:15

Very true.

Its hard to corrupt synarchy.