PDA

View Full Version : To All USA residents PLEASE call and e-mail your senators and representatives NOW!!

Kimberley
1st September 2013, 15:55
To All USA residence This is important!!!

Our voice does count! Let your senators and representatives know how you feel about a missile strike on Syria.

I think it is obvious that I am totally against it...however according to a couple of polls I have seen 9% of the USA population is for a strike and 60% are against it and 31% are undecided. I am happy about the 60%.

Your phone calls, e-mails, and letters to your states members of congress are counted!! Call and write often!

You can find the contact information to the president, your representatives, and your senators at this link... http://www.usa.gov/Contact/US-Congress.shtml

There are several petitions going around ... if you see one do sign it please! Here is one that came to my attention this morning...

http://dontattacksyria.com/

This is our chance to have our voices heard that we do not agree to war...there are already protest gatherings happening and if you know of one close to you DO spent some time joining in if you can.

Much love, peace, and fun to us ALL, always in all ways!!! :love: :peace: :grouphug:

Openmindedskeptic
1st September 2013, 16:03
I live in the State of North Carolina which is bought and paid for by the Military Industrial Complex. I have a better chance asking my Representatives to wrestle a lion to the death than to vote against action in Syria. Nonetheless, I contacted my Rep. asking him to support the Amash Amendment to defund the NSA and I'll contact him again begging that we not take military action in Syria.

ghostrider
1st September 2013, 18:00
thanks Kimberly, important mission, stop the ptb from placing another chess piece on the chessboard ... NO WAR IN SYRIA ... thats what troubles syria now, too many outsiders wanting their hands on the pipeline and to split syria up, and get rid of the state owned bank that has no debt, and make it part of the global bank system ... syria is not part of the IMF... syria tolerates all religions, has no debt, no rothchild banks, and working on a deal with two other countries for a huge oil pipline that the ptb are not a part of at all ... I've never been there, but my heart hurts for those people, and their beautiful culture, and wonderful people, please mr obummer don't destroy beauty for oil ...that country deserves the right to be sovergn ...

Spiral of Light
1st September 2013, 18:10
Thanks, Kimberley

You can find the contact information to the president, your representatives, and your senators at this link... http://www.usa.gov/Contact/US-Congress.shtml

There are several petitions going around ... if you see one do sign it please! Here is one that came to my attention this morning...

http://dontattacksyria.com/

Just checked in and stated my opinion on all of the above. Can't hurt....might help.

Kimberley
1st September 2013, 19:21
This is not good news...

Obama Admin. Officials: Don’t Rule Out Syria Strike If Congress Disapproves

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/obama-admin-officials-dont-rule-out-syria-strike

Kimberley
1st September 2013, 22:26
Bumping!!! Come on folks please! :bump:

Billy
1st September 2013, 23:09
I will post this here also.

UK MP's just voted against the Prime minister, NO WAR with Syria, Not now, soon or later. This is huge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23892783

Wheeee. :cheer2:

Peace

In that article it reads..

""They will be disappointed that Britain will not be involved. I don't expect that the lack of British participation will stop any action.""

This could very well be the result of our efforts. Don't underestimate your own power.

I totally agree.. don't underestimate theirs either - it's nature is totally different, but they cornered the market in trickiness and deviousness and they don't give up easy - so we should not either.

may the spirit of peace descend on the hearts of those who are transgressing against the good and righteous freewill of humanity and planet Earth;

Now all we require is for congress to say No.

Let us find a peaceful solution.

peace

Replacing this post. :eyebrows:

Now that Obama has stated that he will listen to congress before attacking Syria. It is now up to the people to influence Congress. Get in touch. Send out the energy.

The MP's in the UK voted NO because of the reaction of THE PEOPLE.

Peace

Blacklight43
2nd September 2013, 02:43
Sent letters to all yesterday and will continue. Thanks

Kimberley
3rd September 2013, 13:18
Ok Labor day weekend is over now in the USA...Time to make those phone calls and write those e-mails!!! Thank you!

Kimberley
3rd September 2013, 20:00
I only got a voice machine when I called Elizabeth Warren but left a message. I did get a live person at Ed Markey's office. I asked if they were getting calls similar to mine and he said yes many. I asked if there were more "No strike on Syria" calls the yes's...He said most of the calls were "No strike on Syria".

That goes along with the polls I have seen... :grouphug:

EnergyGardener
3rd September 2013, 20:14
I live in the State of North Carolina which is bought and paid for by the Military Industrial Complex. I have a better chance asking my Representatives to wrestle a lion to the death than to vote against action in Syria. Nonetheless, I contacted my Rep. asking him to support the Amash Amendment to defund the NSA and I'll contact him again begging that we not take military action in Syria.

Do it anyway. The polls I've read exceed 91% against action. Americans are waking up. Even if these puppets vote for the action they know this very public transparent desperate attempt to start WWIII is sealing their fates.

Besides, doing nothing, they claim, is providing "Consent".

I wrote the White House, 2 senators and my representative. They have my opinion on record and they should have yours.

Kimberley
4th September 2013, 00:08
I am going to keep bumping this thread...your voice and calls and e-mails do matter...thank you!! XO

Kimberley
4th September 2013, 03:58
Hey folks this is important!!!! If you live in USA call and e-mail Please!!!!

Kimberley
4th September 2013, 15:28
Hello!!! Please call and write!! Thank you!!!

Ki's
4th September 2013, 15:55
Signing petitions, calling and writing!

Akasha
4th September 2013, 16:01
From Alan Grayson's dontattacksyria.com (http://dontattacksyria.com/):

DvY8b4qZabY

bennycog
4th September 2013, 16:02
Here is another petition Kimberley..

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-president-of-the-united-states-of-america-put-the-issue-of-attacking-syria-to-a-congressional-vote

Lone Bean
4th September 2013, 16:09
Calling, texting, leaving voice-mail messages is a great thing to do. However, Obama clearly does not play by the rules and will most likely attack Syria anyway, even if Congress says "no" to it.
As long as we are only making calls and no physical appearances, the Obama administration will consider it the same as a "no-show" and proceed with the plan. The only avenue left to us that might actually work is civil disobedience. Marches and I mean BIG ones especially in DC. We have to do this anyway because if we don't, then the rest of the world is going to blame the Amerikan people for not standing up and doing what they should have done. They themselves are dying by the hundreds in Egypt, Turkey and elsewhere by standing up to tyrant regimes and making it extremely clear that they've had enough of the BS. If we don't do likewise, we can NEVER expect any sympathy or respect from anyone, anywhere in the world, and WE will be blamed for allowing WWIII to happen.

bennycog
4th September 2013, 16:12
Calling, texting, leaving voice-mail messages is a great thing to do. However, Obama clearly does not play by the rules and will most likely attack Syria anyway, even if Congress says "no" to it.
As long as we are only making calls and no physical appearances, the Obama administration will consider it the same as a "no-show" and proceed with the plan. The only avenue left to us that might actually work is civil disobedience. Marches and I mean BIG ones especially in DC. We have to do this anyway because if we don't, then the rest of the world is going to blame the Amerikan people for not standing up and doing what they should have done. They themselves are dying by the hundreds in Egypt, Turkey and elsewhere by standing up to tyrant regimes and making it extremely clear that they've had enough of the BS. If we don't do likewise, we can NEVER expect any sympathy or respect from anyone, anywhere in the world, and WE will be blamed for allowing WWIII to happen.

Well by chance there is somewhere we all can practice now not so Lone Bean :)

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?62965-Speakers..-Instructional

sdv
4th September 2013, 17:02
Thanks for championing this Kimberley. Yes, standing up again and again and making your voice heard does make a difference. Right now, to the rest of the world, resistance from Americans looks weak and inconsequential.

Jon Stewart is back on The Daily Show and highlighted something I had not thought of before: do Americans have 'short man syndrome'?

ErGmEi5_t6M

For now, no, you are not leaders of the free world or any other world and we are not impressed with you being the biggest and greatest in everything. If you really do care about the rest of the world, then withdraw and fix up America. No, violent actions are not the solution to violence. To most of the world, the issue is not who did what in Syria but that we are tired of being threatened by profiteering violence from America. Most of the world has given up the thinking of judgement and violent punishment (e.g. by banning the death penalty). Grow up and join us. Refuse to give your government permission to kill one person in your name.

PS My country is now sending troops to fight in wars in Africa as a proxy for the USA and I am as scathing about that as I am about the USA threat to Syria. No, I do not give my government permission to go forth and kill in my name!

Kimberley
4th September 2013, 17:18
Thank you ALL!!!

This is posted on another thread however am posting it here also...17 minutes and worth every minute...this is a good one to share with those that do not understand anything about what is going on...

The Syrian War... What You're Not Being Told

dkamZg68jpk

:grouphug:

AutumnW
4th September 2013, 17:43
Kimberley, It's working. They are back tracking. The talk was 'boots on the ground' full on war, without UN or congressional approval and to hell with Putin! Now it's a limited strike, no boots on the ground, need congressional approval, would like to have Putin's blessings. I suspect by next week, Obama will be threatening to launch care-bears and my little ponies at Assad, but only if he's okay with it.

So whateveryerdoin keep doin it!

Kimberley
4th September 2013, 21:20
The vote they took today was only a senate panel. There will be another vote with the full senate next week. So please make those calls and write those e-mails... :grouphug:

The Associated Press September 4, 2013

Senate panel votes to authorize force in Syria

WASHINGTON — A Senate panel has voted to give President Barack Obama the authority to use military force against Syria in response to a deadly chemical weapons attack.

The vote Wednesday was 10-7, with one senator voting present. The full Senate is expected to vote on the measure next week.

The resolution would permit Obama to order a limited military mission against Syria, as long as it doesn't exceed 90 days and involves no American troops on the ground for combat operations.

The Democratic chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, Sen. Bob Menendez, and the panel's top Republican, Sen. Bob Corker, crafted the resolution.

The vote marked the first time lawmakers have voted to authorize military action since the October 2002 votes giving President George W. Bush the authority to invade Iraq.

http://www.sunherald.com/2013/09/04/4924746/senate-panel-votes-to-authorize.html#emlnl=Breaking_News

This is important also.....

Putin presses US Congress over Syria, says Kerry lied

MOSCOW | Wed Sep 4, 2013 10:23am EDT

(Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday the U.S. Congress had no right to approve the use of force against Syria without a decision from the U.N. Security Council, and that doing so would be an "act of aggression".

He said "anything that is outside the U.N. Security Council is aggression, except self-defense. Now what Congress and the U.S. Senate are doing in essence is legitimizing aggression. This is inadmissible in principle."

In remarks that could raise tension further before he hosts President Barack Obama and other G20 leaders on Thursday, Putin also said U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry lied to Congress about the militant group al Qaeda's role in the Syrian conflict.

"They lie beautifully, of course. I saw debates in Congress. A congressman asks Mr Kerry: 'Is al Qaeda there?' He says: 'No, I am telling you responsibly that it is not'," Putin said at a meeting of his human rights council in the Kremlin.

"Al Qaeda units are the main military echelon, and they know this," he said, referring to the United States. "It was unpleasant and surprising for me - we talk to them, we proceed from the assumption that they are decent people. But he is lying and knows he is lying. It's sad."

Putin did not give any more details.

In an exchange with a senator, Kerry was asked whether it was "basically true" that the Syrian opposition had "become more infiltrated by al Qaeda over time. Kerry said: "No, that is actually basically not true. It's basically incorrect".

In another sign of tension, the Russian Foreign Ministry issued a statement saying that since August 31, the U.S. State Department had repeatedly asked for a telephone call between Kerry and Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov but Kerry had been unavailable and declined to set a time for the call.

(Reporting by Darya Korsunskaya,; Writing by Steve Gutterman, Editing by Timothy Heritage)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/04/us-syria-crisis-russia-congress-idUSBRE9830N620130904

Tesseract
5th September 2013, 01:10
I wrote to my district's congressman a couple of days ago, today I received a reply (I think sent to everyone who wrote to him). He wrote that he will be voting no (this coming from a Republican with a long history of involvement in war).

Kimberley
5th September 2013, 13:46
Your phone calls and e-mails do count...ask for a responce and you might just get one...

Thank you! :grouphug:

Kimberley
5th September 2013, 14:06
http://peaceblog.wordpress.com/2013/09/03/bomb-the-way-to-peace-in-syria/

Bomb the way to Peace in Syria?

We can prevent the US from launching military strikes on Syria, if we mobilize the majority who oppose a military action to tell Congress that only a diplomatic initiative will end the crisis, not bombing.1 The US can not bomb the way to peace in Syria!

Last week, your efforts succeeded in compelling the Obama administration to allow the Congress to play its constitutional role in the decision to launch military strikes on Syria. Congratulations to us all!

Now our work continues to prevent a military strike on Syria. Contact Congress now.

Tell your Congressional representatives:

There are more than 2 options for how our government should respond to the horrific events in Syria. The third and most effective option is to promote a political solution, a diplomatic initiative that will lead to peace, not more chaos, and death.

1. Vote to oppose authorizing military force in Syria The Authorization of Use of Military Force (AUMF) is a wide-open, blank check for war.

2. The only solution to the crisis is a diplomatic solution starting with a ceasefire, convening a conference of all the countries in the region, parties on the ground and the United Nations and continued humanitarian support for those fleeing the civil war.

3. Ask what your representatives’ position is now. Let Peace Action know what they say. We are tracking positions because we know that representatives may shift positions in the next week. The more specific the information, the more effective we will be in mobilizing public pressure along as we work with our allies to win this vote in Congress.

Contact Congress now.

Join our Thunderclap. On September 9, the message below will automatically be sent to all your friends and supporters. We need 100 people to sign up in the next 6 days for the message to be automatically posted on Facebook and Twitter.

Tell Congress, #NoWarwithSyria. Military strikes could. Military strikes could spiral into another US war. Only diplomacy can end the crisis. http://thndr.it/1fvyNdt

Click on this link http://thndr.it/1fvyNdt and sign up to be part of the Thunderclap.

If 100 people have at least 200 friends on Facebook and 50 followers on Twitter we would reach 25,000. Plus if 10 of their friends do the same…you do the math! Watch a brief video on how a Thunderclap works.

Footnotes:

1. Most in US Oppose Syria Strike, Post-ABC Poll 9/3/13 Washington Post http://wapo.st/18p4VwT

The comments are interesting on this blog too... :grouphug: peace:

Conchis
5th September 2013, 15:19
I emailed my Congressman. We all should, it does make a difference despite feeling like messages just shoot off into blank space. It's just another way to send positive energy into the universe!

Czarek
5th September 2013, 17:31
Very important thread. We don't need WWIII

Kimberley
5th September 2013, 17:46
Another petition... this one from Ron Paul at this link...there is a 7 minute video there also.

http://signup.ronpaulchannel.com/landing/sos/

Tell President Obama: Stay Out of Syria’s civil war!

Intervention in Syria is not an option.

President Obama has already helped foment this civil war and supported the al-Qaeda jihadists. This is an explosive region, and more US intervention means more people will die. We should be choosing peace — not a new conflict.

Add your name and we’ll deliver your signed petition to President Obama telling him to Stay Out of Syria!

Thank you!!!! :grouphug: :peace:

heretogrow
5th September 2013, 18:47
Hi Kimberly,
I emailed my senators and asked them to stand up for the Americans citizens who do not support war, to show true international leadership, and to break the tensions and bring us back from the brink WWIII by having an international peace summit instead of trying to bomb Syria into a peace state.

All good intentions sent out to join up with all of the others who hold the same vision! Thanks so much for this thread!

Much Love,
Julia

PS- Edit to add... I know that I probably sound naïve, but I am hoping for a planetary paradigm shift regarding war.

Kimberley
5th September 2013, 19:18
Yes planetary paradigm shift to peace on earth for sure!!! :Peace:

Thank you to all that are calling and writing!! For the record I am not one that has written or called much on national issues. I do call on state issues and I speak out in my community about issues, sometimes loudly.

I have witnessed great change and power of letting my town officials know my view. And have seen how the power of speaking out at that level really can and does make a difference.

I have added my voice to the mix on and off over the years to my senators and representative. I figure it can't hurt and have been told that it really does help.

I have never written or called the president before last week. So that was a first. It just made me feel I had added my voice.

I signed a lot of petitions over they years. I figure that can't hurt either. I do feel my voice counts and that all of our voices count.

So thank you all for adding your voice!!!! :director: :rockon:

Kimberley
6th September 2013, 02:53
One last bump before I head to bed...I will be back tomorrow... if anyone else feels this is important than thank you for helping me to bump this...I have not felt anything to be this important for quite a while...
Thanks! :bump:

Kimberley
6th September 2013, 12:11
Camilo posted a thread with the below yesterday and for my morning bump of this thread I want to post it here also.

I posted this a few places and it has gotten a lot of attention...you may be interested in sharing it too. :grouphug

camilo's thread: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?63024-Message-to-syria-and-all-countries-around-the-globe

I'm going to spread this like there is no tomorrow - because there isn't a tomorrow if we don't get others to understand the meaning of this message.

I ask everyone of you, that resonates with this message, to also share it with EVERYONE you know!

Blessings,

I found this commented somewhere and had to share, hopefully this will be eye opening for those who happily keep theirs shut...

Dear Syria and all countries around the globe...

(tell the world) that we are, as Americans, being held prisoner by this criminal government. Many of us try to take legal channels to stop the wars, the poisoning of (y)our water, air and food supply and are either killed or persecuted for it. Many of us have been attempting to rein in our out-of-control "governments": We demonstrate, sign petitions, make phone calls, have meetings, etc., and are spied on, recorded, drugged, prosecuted, raped and/or "suicided" for our efforts. Our educational system has been taken over by chattering robots who forcefully drug our children and fill their heads with drivel. If we homeschool, try to refuse vaccination or try to feed our children real food, e.g.raw milk, they try to take them from us. And if the children are removed from the home, they are usually molested by their "saviors". If we travel by air or attend a football game, we have to be sexually assaulted to get in the door. The television has slowly taken over our lives with subliminal programming. Our medical system is for-profit only, leaving a large portion of the population drugged, ill and barely functioning. It is rare to find a person who is not taking any medication at all. Those of us who actually have jobs are now being worked like slaves for less and less pay. Our military people are only slightly more mind-controlled than the civilians. So many of us are in a very sorry state of being.

So what our government is doing to you, on orders from the international bankers, they are also doing to us. We are slowly waking up to this and we hope it is not too late for us or for you. We love our freedom-loving sisters and brothers across the world and only want peace.

Anonymous

sdv
6th September 2013, 17:36
Thank you to those brave Americans who are standing up and asking for a paradigm shift for a brave new world. It does take immense courage to walk the path of peace when there is such loud shouting to act to eliminate the 'butcher dictator' Assad (shades of Iraq and Saddam, and so one-dimensional because it is not about choosing sides but about embracing peace and holding that position with courage).

There are far worse dictators in Africa, far worse corrupt assaults on democracy in Africa, then Assad, so why are these ignored and Syria targeted?

Please will all Americans here support Kimberley in her rallying cry for a commitment to peace. Put up a poster on your street, organise a fact-sharing session for your community, call on everyone to contact senators and congress people, write to the White House, devote at least 15 minutes a day on meditation for peace, get informed and promote alternative media, claim back democracy and freedom and vibrant multiculturalism and courageous explorations into the future for America.

sdv
6th September 2013, 17:48
[
The issue of Syria has demonstrated the massive gap that has opened up between the elite and ordinary people in both the US and Britain.

Poll after poll after poll shows very large majorities against strikes on Syria. People are war-weary, and the last thing they want is for their countries to become embroiled in another Middle-East war.

One Congressman in the US tweeted earlier this week that he had asked 200 people if they supported strikes on Syria and only four said 'Yes'- that's just 2 percent. Another said that 99 percent of calls to his office were against military action.

Let's get one thing straight: the only people who are keen on war with Syria in the US and UK are the elites. Ordinary people on both sides of the Atlantic want absolutely nothing to do with it.

http://rt.com/op-edge/democratic-deficit-syria-uk-us-512/ (http://rt.com/op-edge/democratic-deficit-syria-uk-us-512/)

The people will win this confrontation, but everyone needs to act, in some way, any way that you can. Choose peace and act on that in some way today, and urge at least one other person to do so, and you will experience that power that you have.

Bill Ryan
7th September 2013, 01:14
http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/sos.jpg

Gekko
8th September 2013, 22:44
I get the impression that they need our permission, or at the very least silent consent in order to go through with this. Even (or perhaps especially) on an energetic level. That phone call could make more of a difference than you think.

Billy
9th September 2013, 20:25
:bump:

Keep going.

Peace