PDA

View Full Version : What do you like about Avalon? A reason to value differently...

Ernie Nemeth
4th September 2013, 04:00
What do you like about Avalon?

Is it the people?

Is it a particular topic?

Are you a fan Of Bill's interviews? His threads? The priority threads?

Have you learnt anything here? Have you made any friends? Do you PM and email them?

Maybe you've even been healed or asked for healing for another. Maybe you have progressed in understanding while here, made a few new connections, got your head straight. Or maybe you got help in the form of advice or a link to a PDF or video or site that blew your mind!

Maybe you come to hear other peoples stories.

Maybe you come to get a fix on the real news and its repurcussions.

I'm sure I've left a lot of reasons out. Maybe you could share why you are here.

And I'd ask you, have you taken time to revalue your priorities a little? Is this place valuable to you? Just because it is free does not mean it is free to operate this site. So I'd just ask if you have valued the information and friendship offered on this site highly enough. No one is going to come knock on your door or interrupt your favorite TV show or send you a flyer or advertise in any fashion. It is all up to you.

I will reveal that I've donated $150. Doing the math, I've been here 31 months, that's not very much is it? Embarrassing, really.

I know this makes people uneasy, guilty even. But there are those who can afford and those that cannot. It is up to each to value according to their means.

How else can we bring in a new world of new values if we do not begin to value differently. Value those things that actually have value, and not the crap advertisers say you just gotta have. They need you to pay their wages. And guess what? Avalon needs you too. Which has more value to you?

ghostrider
4th September 2013, 04:54
I like the idea , people from around the globe , can share thoughts and hopes for a better world , helping to make it a reality one day ... and if anything happens in the world and the mainstream media does it job and fails to report it, we have plenty of folks right in place that know what to look for and will give a big heads up when needed , keeping us as cutting edge as possible to world affairs ... kinda feel like we are a starship , flying through the matrix , without being seen, we can observe and move in and out of the matrix when help is needed ... love the various positions , scientist, medical, animals , nature, geology , banking, electronics , strategist , theorist , we have a diverse group aboard this enerprise ... everyone has a role whether they know it or not ... synergy ...

william r sanford72
4th September 2013, 04:54
friends.its somewhere i can be myself.feel almost like i belong.my first outlet.truth seekers.believers.wow..on and on..and the amount of wisdom and info.and i must confess i havnt donated a single dollar..and i have never been asked to or made to feel i should.thank you for all the above and then some. avalon rocks.and is so much more.bill ryan and crew..blessings in every sense of the word.

Ernie Nemeth
4th September 2013, 05:07
I can't remember which interview I saw first. It might have been the John Glen one (pilot, did I get it right?). I was so amazed at this far out stuff they were talking about. So many things I had speculated about with friends and family, and been roundly ridiculed for by most. And here they were talking with the dude himself, and he wasn't spouting the usual party line.

I'll admit it, although I very much appreciate Kerry's sometimes in your face approach - it has dug out some interesting tidbits from time to time - Bill's my man. Don't blush Bill. He's so well informed, has an easy manner, is a man's man, you know? Gotta like him, grudgingly or no.

No. You know, I think the first interview I saw was the old fudgy bear, Bob Dean. Ya, it was about the time I got wind of Nibiru and that whole rabbit hole. My searches eventually lead me to that first interview. It put my mind at ease...and I was hooked. I watched just about every video Bill and Kerry ever did.

I am not the same person I used to be, I can tell you that.

mischief
4th September 2013, 05:28
Thanks for putting this thread up, it never occurred to me about the cost of running such a site- I know absolutely nothing about these things- Thats not the only reason for the thanks, by the way. I did need to look at why I appreciate this site and enjoy coming here.

So why do I like it- Its not like any other site I have stumbled across, its very energising, uplifting, seldom does it annoy me and even when I do feel annoyed about something someone may have posted, I automatically relook at myself and why I feel that way- I like that.
I think it is important to re evaluate what may be pre-conceived ideas and thought processes.

I get the feel that there is no hidden agenda, no cultish 'you must at all times follow some partyline', just a group of people who have somehow come together to share and care!

I like that there are many different subjects up for honest discussion, that there is little if no put down if your ideas do not suit anothers', that it has been obvious when someone feels not understood, they simply try again in a different way to see of they can get their idea better understood ....and the acceptance when someone finally says what they have seen or experienced that is out of the ordinary- I think that is wonderful and havent seen this anywhere else on the net.
I like that I have never seen catfights on what I have felt were controversial subjects.

hmmmm....home?

toothpick
4th September 2013, 05:30
Hi Ernie
Love Avalon and all the friendly open minded brothers and sisters.
I suppose that what I really love is all the very smart and knowledgeable like minded people here.
Grateful to be here and I appreciate all the excellent word- smiths we enjoy here at Avalon.
Learn something new everyday and consider myself lucky to be a member.
Good vibrations to everyone.

Lee

Gekko
4th September 2013, 06:09
I imagine reading Avalon to be a lot like reading tea leaves. You can find just about anything here, and the loads of conflicting and bewildering information force you to contemplate where you stand, or rather, where you wish to go, or rather, where you wish to be.

Anchor
4th September 2013, 06:14
Avalon is a catalyst for learning.

Avalon is a catalyst for teaching.

Avalon is a place where ideas can be exchanged that are not mainstream and are harder to exchange in other environments.

Avalon is also a catalyst for healing.

ulli
4th September 2013, 06:25
I can hardly remember what life was like before I came to Avalon.
The house was cleaner then, definitely.

Amazing range of settings, starting with the profile page.
Facebook could learn a thing or two.

Wonderful moderators, and host. Lots of great friends.
All my favorite subjects are being discussed here.
My only wish now is to meet everyone in person.

Ernie Nemeth
4th September 2013, 06:26
Mischief:
Thanks for putting this thread up, it never occurred to me about the cost of running such a site- I know absolutely nothing about these things- Thats not the only reason for the thanks, by the way. I did need to look at why I appreciate this site and enjoy coming here.

Neither did I. I ran across a short description in another thread by Bill himself and that got my thinking. It is the inspiration for this little thread.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?62835-Forum-hacked-and-restored-Questions-and-Answers&p=723227&viewfull=1#post723227

In case I got the link wrong here is the pertinent part (answering a member's asking whether Avalon uses mirror servers to gaurd against data corruption):

No, though the mods have discussed it. It's a good idea!

The problem is that for us to duplicate what we have with our current host, we'd have to pay pretty much the same again per month, increasing the running costs from $270 per month to over $500 per month (from $3,000 per year to $6,000).

At the moment, that's just not affordable. So our solution is to make sure that everything's very well backed up, and frequently too. So far, that's worked well.

(But if anyone wants to donate us a backup server plus running costs, we'd be eternally grateful!)

I thought I'd try to find us a mirror server (secret wish).

But also, it's good to remember why we are here and how important Avalon is.

Carmody
4th September 2013, 07:11
That I've been left alone, not attacked or strung up on a classical science cross....as I slowly fill in the technological blanks. Word slowly gets out. People make of it what they will. The cutting edge of public science follows and slowly fills in the story, by winding it's own. Sometimes..I touch it, here and there.

Slowly..slowly..slowly.. awareness comes first. Any other method can move into disaster.

It isn't the stories, per se, for the scientifically trained. Their way of living allows for no other way but via the tenants and methods of 'science'. The backdrop, the groundwork, slowly comes into shape. It isn't about 'giving' or 'gifting' people with finished works, it's about arrival, all on their own. A helping hand. The unfolding is not mine as if it were - that would be a problem. This must not be 'personal'.

I owe allegiance to no one, no affiliations, no systems. I have made no bargains, no covenants that I violate, I break no rules. I stand alone -It can be no other way. No sides, no wars, no games. No self aggrandizement, no names, no history, no fame, no glory. I came here with nothing, I share what I came to understand, and in the end...I leave with the same, not even a body.

I know of no other forum that this could have taken place.

enfoldedblue
4th September 2013, 08:12
I like the fact that Avalon exists beyond the humdrum of mainstream mush. Here we can freely and openly explore ideas that could easily be judged as ridiculous or crazy by the many in the wider world. There are so many unique people here with different knowledge and ways of seeing reality, but as different as we may be, generally, instead of squabbling, we manage to use our differences to create a wider perspective that allows an opportunity to grow and expand on many levels.

I have learned a great deal from participating here, and love the opportunity to share some of what I have learned on my life journey.

We all have our little pieces of 'the puzzle' and it is nice to have a space where whatever it is, it can be expressed.

Thanks

Sérénité
4th September 2013, 11:11
I stumbled across Avalon a few years ago while searching for the answers I knew where out there somewhere, like-minded people I knew must exist, but just hidden from me in this veiled world we live in!

It was such a relief to find that I wasn't the only person looking up into the sky seeing weird sh!t that others couldn't or wouldn't, or telling people things that you see/feel/experience or dont believe as the truth... and them thinking you need sectioning!

It took me a while to pluck up the courage to request membership, there is so many bold, colourful, strong and knowledgeable personalities in here, what could I offer in return? Nothing much, but like the inquisitive child, ask lots of (annoying at times, im sure!) questions and believing in synchronicity, hoping that others searching for similar answers would be reading the debates, replies and input to help build their jigsaw puzzles too!

I am constantly in awe of the members of Avalon, their knowledge, compassion, bravery and wisdom brighten my day!
A few occasionally leave me feeling negative, perplexed and un-trusting...but this too is also a great learning curve and an eye opener into the diversity of awakened souls and the ever increasing ability at sniffing out the disinformation out there!

Ive probably learned more from Avalon than I did at school, so I think firstly... y'all need a career change ;)
Secondly I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who takes the time out of their day to post, reply, keep the forum up and running, pass on valuable info, giving a heads up on various topics and ultimately, giving me the snippets and links for the opportunity to expand my knowledge.

Without you all, my coffee breaks would be restricted to reading the negative BS of fake friends status's on FB, the cringe-worthy tales of doom and dis-info on other alternative media sites and multiple games of arthritic thumb inducing Bejewelled Blitz!

:grouphug: I luvs ya Avalon! :cheers:

PS im sorry ive never donated, Im saving for my air fare to get outta dodge ;) maybe one day...

aranuk
4th September 2013, 12:48
What I like is that there are experts on almost any topic we discuss here. Experts who give us a much clearer view of the subject than we have ourselves. They know many more things than we know and we can use their guidance to achieve a better understanding of the subject. I consider myself an expert and student of two subjects which never really are discussed here, such as horary astrology and building restoration. I have extensively read Rudolf Steiner's lectures some 6,000 and his few books he wrote which is mostly about spiritual reality. I find Steiner's work really interesting although he passed to the other side in 1925. I do appreciate to read what Bill Ryan has to say in all subjects as do I several other persons here to wit. I am grateful for the input of all members here and I thank them all.

Stan

meeradas
4th September 2013, 13:15
Having made a couple of 'real' friends here is what i like best about it -
a physical gathering would be the icing on the cake.

And being able to accomplish sth which i have not told anyone about [sorry for being cryptic - nothing sinister behind it, just the contrary!] - and that this wonderful bunch of people being Avalon was 'picked' for it.

heretogrow
4th September 2013, 13:32
Thank you for this thread Ernie!

All of things mentioned above, my feelings are mutual. This place is priceless. This is a real community as real as a village hand built by the craftsmanship of it's inhabitants. The friendship and relationships are real. As real as flesh and blood family and friends gathering around a table at dinner. The sharing, discovering, problem solving, mind extending, investigating, challenging, and open ended process in which things unfold, morph and grow here is astounding. We are in a very special place at a very special time. We have embarked on a deep and rich journey together.

I think, as like minds, hearts, and intentions gather and explore a vortex is created. An opening for a new humanity and a new world. It expands exponentially as our views, connections, and understanding expands. I think one day people will look back and see that we, the participants, were the creators of a new idea that changes the world for the better, although we didn't realize just what it was that we were really doing, nor how much it could affect our future for the best. We aren't bodies, we are soul expressions that can create beyond the barriers of the physical, right here in cyberspace.

We are gathering here because this is where we belong. We will welcome new and miss those who go. And in all of this learning, the symbiotic change, the journey, the steps ahead will keep preparing us for whatever is next.

It really is amazing isn't it!?

Mark (Star Mariner)
4th September 2013, 13:39
So many reasons, so many. But I think above all else, to me it is a meeting place where like minds, like souls, can come together. Very rarely in life will you share the same physical space with someone that, I dunno, gets you I suppose, has the same thoughts, feelings, experiences and philosophies - that share your 'frequency' etc. Here at Avalon you find that.

Avalon is almost becoming a collective, 'group mind' in a way, don't you think? Technology of the internet has allowed us to do this. And that is an extremely powerful tool for positive change. So it's really awesome to be a part of that, too.

Kryztian
4th September 2013, 13:40
I like the diversity of people and viewpoints. We come from different parts of the world, different cultural background and have some different outlooks, both spiritual, ethical and political. Some of us were liberal, conservative, orthodox and fundamentally religious, agnostic, atheist, strict scientific skeptics, or wildly imaginative and open to anything and everything. Now, as a group, we seem to be moving to something higher, beyond all those other labels, some new way of thought. We are working to help humanity adjust to a new reality, which means we humans will need new ideas to direct ourselves, and some of these new ideas are being seeded and sprouted here on Avalon.

Tommy
4th September 2013, 14:45
Personally the reason and what I value most about Avalon is the striding towards being practical and solution oriented, but also the "cutting to the chase" attitude among many here, which I find very refreshing :)

WhiteFeather
4th September 2013, 15:06
A gathering place. A place where you can be yourself with other such like minded individuals. A family indeed. A place to recover from our wounds. A place called Avalon. Asquali To The Avalon Ground Crew. All get an A+

Lefty Dave
4th September 2013, 15:27
Greetings Ernie...
I agree with the above posts...a great deal of learning gifted here...and many minds much sharper than my own...so I gain insights I might not have considered without the input of 'other like minds'...I feel grateful for a place I can retreat to daily, where there is RESPECT for others...and agendas are not mandated...
A true love connection exists here, not found much at other sites...and to know that people from all over the world come together here, and get along quite nicely...very refreshing. My thanks to you ALL. Blessings.
end of line.

Hazel
4th September 2013, 15:46
Personally, I've recently said in another thread 'what it is about Avalon'..

but I will add and I hope its true on the etheric level:

I see us all gathered in a large circle of union - a great exchange of consciousness... sharing warmth, laughter, food and beverages, while infusing the world with the best of our melded knowledge, wisdom, peace and love.

Sheesh what a hippy :hippie:

Heartsong
4th September 2013, 15:47
Avalon is where I have found a comfortable place to curl up and purr....

I'm allowed to listen to things I've never heard before, to lift my voice and add a comment when I have something to say. I'm not forthcoming enough to have made many personal contacts, but many of you are dear to me.

I've found my kind of people.

Delight
4th September 2013, 16:36
Ernie, I appreciate the reminder......

I always always have been searching for Avalon

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/348/9/1/the_mists_of_avalon_7_by_e_dina-d34vq1t.jpg

donk
4th September 2013, 17:38
For me it was a lot like a lot of what I saw at the (ECETI) ranch...I was one of the "masses" stumbling around, looking for the "reality of the paranormal", and being blown away to find genuine spirituality lovingly shared by those already immersed in it.

Avalon is a beacon, calling to those thirsting for knowledge of existence, life...love.

Camilo
4th September 2013, 17:48
Great thread Ernie. Well, you guys have said it all. I never belonged to any internet forum before PA, nor after PA. I've heard it's the best out there, and I have no reason to doubt it after picking here and there. I know many have tried to emulate it with no success. I feel at home here. Thanks Bill, mods and all here.

Tesla_WTC_Solution
4th September 2013, 18:48
hello Ernie!

What do I like about Avalon?

the variety :)

there is always someone pushing the envelope and always someone reminding us to keep our heads on straight at the same time! lol

there is a nice mix of common sense and spiritual adventure here.

also in the event i leave my shell and wanted to talk to someone 1 on 1, instead of hiding in the herd like i've been doing,
the friends list function is very nice.

apologies in advance for friends on my list who never hear anything from me!!!!! i am not very good at social stuff LOL :(

Bill Ryan's posts are usually very humorous or serious, which is also a nice surprise @-@
They are either uplifting or inspiring.

also i appreciate the extremely hardworking admins and mods -- i've never been to a site where the code of mod conduct is so pristine.

here's the best one though: "I'm glad that I'm still here" -- my spouse said that one lmao

onawah
4th September 2013, 19:58
All of the reasons above are true for me as well as the following...
I've been on Avalon a long time, and for various reasons, I've spent a lot of time here.
Over the years, the personality of Avalon has changed repeatedly and the energy shifts have been pretty amazing, whether for better or worse.
Even in the worst of times, there's always been something interesting enough to keep me coming back.
And even when there has been a lot of infighting, :croc::fish: it's been a good place to learn more about how to engage in creative conflict, and to get good mirrors for my own blind spots.
I think it's unique and kind of amazing the way personalities bleed through on this forum, even over vast distances-- I have had deep connections with people I've "met" here, and have felt enormously personally enriched, even more so at times than from many relationships I've had in non-cyber space.
I don't think that can happen on forums that are not so religiously safeguarded as Avalon is by the Mods and Admin, as well as many of the members themselves, even though not all of us are always in 100% agreement.
There is a kind of safe astral space that Avalonians have created, I think, and that special teamwork that happens here does a great job of protecting it.
The occasional intruders are surely frustrated by their repeated failures to do any lasting damage to our "shielding".
Lately I've not been as committed to posting and reading here, but I still check in almost every single day.
There's no denying it, Avalon has become a central part of my life, and has been a very important component in my growth.
There have been times when I've thought I should be devoting myself to more tangible goals.
And times when the seriousness of the topics discussed here have been overwhelmingly :boom: depressing. :tsk:
When all I wanted was to make light of the seriousness, :party: even to the point of willingly playing the Fool. :jester:
Periods when I felt seriously out of synch with the majority of active posters at the time, including the Mods.
Times when the mundane chit-chat seemed irrelevant and boring. :blabla:
Times when the information being shared was so compelling, I couldn't find the time to take it all in.
Other times when I felt like Avalon was my best source of support and validation. :hug:
Avalon keeps its fingers on the pulse and heartbeat of the world, and for better or worse, I want to stay connected to that, to have an idea of what is really going on on this planet, and to participate on as global a scale as possible from the safety and comfort of my own home :couch2:, in subjects from the most mundane to the most secret and "out there".
It's been a great ongoing education, an important slice of life, and I'm very grateful for it!
PS
After having despaired many times over the excess of doom and gloom in the world and on Avalon at times, it's very refreshing now to see the positive course of action that Bill Ryan has proposed and Avalonians are following through with.
Being a meditation practitioner, a believer in our ability to affect our reality with our good intentions, and an online activist for many worthy causes for a long time, I hope this trend continues.

Ernie Nemeth
4th September 2013, 20:32
Thanks for all your beautiful posts. I hope you keep them coming.

Again. As many here have attested, this site makes a rather large contribution to the betterment of the planet and the healing of its wounds. It brings people together, helps them in any way it can, in ways too many to list and imparts knowledge and understanding in so many fields of research.

There is another dynamic at play here, in the halls of Avalon. It is the transformation that takes place within many of the individuals that participate, and perhaps among those that follow along too. It is quite an amazing thing to experience up close. Even the most learned amongst us, with probably the better grasp of what's going on in the world at large, are not immune. It is the ability to imagine that perhaps there is something they did not see or understand, some blind spot or other "vagary of perception" that has lead to conflict, and that maybe they were wrong. Maybe they were wrong...how many times in normal life do we hear someone admit that in front of their peers, in the heat of battle. How easy is it to back down, reassess, come at it from another angle? Only those tempered by the fires of experience can make that dramatic leap in understanding.

I bow to you Avalonians. You are the precursors of an entire race of truly civilized beings soon to inhabit this earth and take hold of its reigns.

ceetee9
4th September 2013, 20:42
What do I like about Avalon? Everything and everybody! It truly is a diamond in the rough, a beacon in the night, a port in a storm, a (slap)... Ouch! Oh, sorry, I got a bit carried away with the metaphors, like a ship without a rudder. Oops! ;)

All seriousness aside (and, yes, that's another lame attempt at a joke too), I truly love the people on Avalon and have learned a great deal from them and it has allowed me to write about things and ideas I have had that I have only shared with a few trusted family and friends. It is like a breath of fresh air (damn, there I go again) to know that there are like minded souls out there with similar visions, dreams, and desires and that, hopefully, we can encourage others to open up and share and explore their ideas with us and the world in an effort that, maybe, just maybe, will ignite the passion within all of us to finally come together in love, peace, harmony, respect and prosperity for all living things on this planet.

Am I letting my freak flag fly too high? :hippie:

Peace, Love, Dove all!

CD7
4th September 2013, 20:59
There are so many posts that say what I feel about the Avalon forum! I second, third, and fourth it! :p My only wish is tht we met in person and were in close proximity geographically

Not long ago I read this part of a description of Avalon from wiki and thought WOW how long have I wished for paradise with eatable plants and trees everywhere? Thought it was an interesting coincidence after a couple of years of being on the forum and reading the association connected to Avalon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon

The island of apples which men call “The Fortunate Isle” (Insula Pomorum quae Fortunata uocatur) gets its name from the fact that it produces all things of itself; the fields there have no need of the ploughs of the farmers and all cultivation is lacking except what nature provides. Of its own accord it produces grain and grapes, and apple trees grow in its woods from the close-clipped grass. The ground of its own accord produces everything instead of merely grass, and people live there a hundred years or more. There nine sisters rule by a pleasing set of laws those who come to them from our country.[9]
By comparison, Isidore's description of the Fortunate Isles reads:

"The name of the Isles of the Fortunate signifies that they bear all good things, as if happy and blessed in the abundance of their fruits. Serviceable by nature, they bring forth fruits of valuable forests (Sua enim aptae natura pretiosarum poma silvarum parturiunt); their hilltops are clothed with vines growing by chance; in place of grasses, there is commonly vegetable and grain. Pagan error and the songs of the secular poets have held that these islands to be Paradise because of the fecundity of the soil. Situated in the Ocean to the left of Mauretania, very near the west, they are separated by the sea flowing between them."[

Joseph McAree
4th September 2013, 21:28
The reason I am here is to learn, I know of no better place to educate yourself about the real events the real world we live in. I thank all the like minded people how spend time putting together their thoughts onto the forum and many of the replies are so interesting and well develop the thread even further so the interesting post becomes an intriguing post, many thanks to each and every one of the members of Project Avalon.
It is unfortunate that my family do not follow my interest in what is happening in the world and has been my decision to stick with them regardless, even if it means I do not survive. I love my wife as much today as I did when I first met her 40 years ago and I will not abandon her or my grown up children, they live their lives as they wish I try to help them as best as I can but you cannot force feed them information they do not want to hear.
I will not call them steeple or other names they are what they are and I accept this, they have been brought up with a great amount of love,compassion,integrity and honesty that is the way we have been as a family. We have lived a blessed life in these terrible times and we have a happy life although we have just enough finances to get by with.
So I am here at Avalon to listen and learn, I have a list of reading materials that I am working my way through I have just read the book written by Delores Cannon about Jesus and the Essenes what a great book thanks for putting this forward dear Avalon friends.
I listen and learn but take no action you may find this strange but I do not fear what is in front of me, I try to make living in this dimension all it should or can be to the best of my ability and so far so good. I wish you all well dear friends.

Kindest regards
Joe

Poly Hedra
4th September 2013, 21:31
Getting a bit emotional here reading all the posts. Avalon feels like my home, it's the only place in this world where I am able to be myself, express myself, my opinions and my ideas freely. Full of amazing people. I am often blown away by the stories, experiences and knowledge of the people here and I truly feel privileged to be here amongst you all.
Would absolutely love to meet in person. I often daydream about a mass Avalon gathering :) I wonder will it happen some day??
Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ernie Nemeth
4th September 2013, 23:30
Before this thread disappears off the first page, please indulge me once again in this awkward subject. (And by the way, no one asked me to do this, this is all me - not the mods or Bill or administrators - I've no idea about the financial situation of the Avalon forum)

In our world, when something is free we jump at it, take all we can before it runs out - that's how we are programmed. But in another world, the world towards which we (at least I) hope we are going, is a world where much more tithing will be happening. Tithing is what its called when you give to someone worthy without prior agreement, just because you think it worth while to you. No one asks you, you just do it because it is right.

So, on a prestigious site like Avalon, should this be the way of things? This is what Bill has to admit?

Bill Ryan:
C. Do you make money from what you do, if so have you ever personally made profit?

The best way to answer this is to say that every month, I never know whether or not I'm going to be able to make the payment of the $270, the monthly fee for the Avalon server. As you know, I don't sell anything, and all the material I've ever published has been freely available. I have even refused to link advertisements to my YouTube videos.

I've always refused to commercialize (which was one of the disagreements I had with Kerry in the later days of Camelot). There was a brief period when the Avalon forum was based on a small subscription, but after 9 months or so we abandoned that and went back to it being totally free.

Somehow, I think we could do better. There should be a surplus, for a rainy day, for Bill to buy a cup of coffee after paying the monthly bill...

Please give if you are at all able. If you are not able please do not feel at all guilty. This appeal is not directed at you, or anyone in particular.

I love you all.

Bill Ryan
4th September 2013, 23:53
------

Thank you, Ernie! That was unexpected.

The post that came from was this one, on a different thread, where I'd promised to answer questions from a confused member.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?62973-David-Icke-s-arthritic-hands-are-once-again-misinterpreted-as-implying-he-s-a-Mason&p=724934&viewfull=1#post724934

Ernie Nemeth
5th September 2013, 00:48
The very least I could do Bill, thank you. Thank you all of Avalon.

Blessings

Gekko
5th September 2013, 01:45
I went to donate and got this message:

"This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

EDIT: Seems it was just a fluke. Worked fine this morning.

Gekko
5th September 2013, 02:07
Somehow I forgot to mention that this forum has given me more than the world's weight in gold.

Thank you Bill, thank you everyone.

nomadguy
5th September 2013, 04:12
For me it is the vast diversity of topics expressed and the incredible intelligence of the members.

Ernie Nemeth
5th September 2013, 18:18
I probably should have made this final appeal while still on the first page, but maybe it's for the best. Those that need to see it will.

We are finally at the stage where Avalonians are rising up and taking action. This is very good.

So I ask you to consider the following:
Our modern world is full of inequities and inequality and no modern country is immune. Yet the most powerful of these, the so-called G8, make war as if they hold the moral highground. To put the light where it shines the brightest, we come to The United States of America. Fully 30% have no credit of any kind. 20% have no future prospects, being dirt poor - like any member of any so-called "third-world" country. Well over 70% of all inmates are of ethnic minorities, mostly African Americans. Per capita, USA has by far the largest prison population, exceeding the next four countries by a wide margin - combined!
I could go on but you get the picture. And no country has any right to the moral highground, not just the USA.
So, in the modern world it is business-as-usual to ignore their own domestic troubles and go stick their nose into other country's affairs.
Now we come to the gist of it. The G8 routinely spend 100s of billions on warfare every year. Only a fraction of that is spent on their own citizens, to aleviate their plight. Then they go and make other peaceful citizens in other countries miserable and make their lives a living hell.

Do we want to emulate their methods? Do we ignore our home, let it rot, let others worry about its integrity while we go gallivanting around thinking we are making a difference. And we are, to be sure. But no different than our enemy. They too ignore their own.

We must do things differently. We must ensure our home front is secure. That our members are looked after, that Avalon can pay its bills. This is where integrity starts. This is how we choose to value differently. That is how we will change the world for the better.

Let's not take the lesson of our enemy as our own! We are not psychopaths, heartless and cruel.Take care of our home first, then let's co-ordinate a strategy that we can go out and seize the day, and win the day, knowing all along that our home is safe, sound and secured.

Besides which, Bill has done a lot of hard work with all those videos we are always gushing over. Should we not reward him for his monumental effort?

That's it. I will leave it like that.

Thank you everyone for listening. Thank you all for contributing. Thank you Avalon.

Peace and good day!

scanner
5th September 2013, 18:38
Because we're all one ,birds of a feather flock together .

chocolate
14th March 2014, 12:26
I distinctly remember the time not-so-long-ago when I came across the forum, searching for some information. I don't remember the exact subject, but I do remember getting inside the Horus Ra thread (I think), and being quite surprised to read all the information inside. It was a bit of a strange experience, but definitely there was also the feeling of a more personal connection vibrating.

Not long after that encounter, I applied to become a member, and my application was rejected. (insert smiley here)

For good or bad, I became a member few days after.
Before that I've had a very brief experience on a forum about rem0te v!ew!ng, and that would sum up my attempts at internet/online socializing.

With that brief introduction, I can say I have had a fair share of a variety of experiences staying around.

I have entertained the idea of requesting an un-subscription on one (or two) occasions.
But ever since I managed to get to know myself from the inside out some years back, I tend to give myself the leverage of a few days to let emotions settle down, and reconsider my true motives.

(I would only hope we all get to do than on occasion.)

And why should any of the above matter?
Because if it wasn't for knowing where to look for my answers, I wouldn't be around at present.

I sometimes joke with my anti-social tendency to avoid people, but in fact in real life I am considered quite the opposite, not because I am a good actor/ actress, but because I genuinely tend to see people for who they are, and manage to find the right feel of love for them (in me), because of who they are.
That is the reason why I will stay around for a little longer, and than for a little longer after that.

Strangely, I found this thread today (searching for something completely different), after I managed to get a bit unsettled yesterday, for being part of a forum where people sometimes seem to value quantity over quality.

- I value the forum for all the members, with some of whom I have a very real friendship and connection;
- for the team of moderators, and all of their support and presence, when necessary;

- and for Bill, who made it possible for all of us to get to meet and stay here; exchange ideas; grow up, or get down-to-earth; get inspired, or a bit angry (at one another); and for paying that monthly bill (I did not know a few of the financial sides until today). I have felt compelled to donate on few occasions, which I have done, even without actually knowing that someone might need that extra bit of money.

- That is not to say that I don't get to expand my worldview, or change my understanding about different sides of life, people and situations being logged in, or staying a bit on the outside of the forum.

~~~

With the above unnatural for me personal revealings, I only would hope that we will manage to keep the forum a place for valuable and uncensored exchange of information.

I would also hope that we get to initiate conversations (and a process of learning) that would be considered balanced, open-minded and truthful, keeping in mind that Avalon has been viewed and visited for its 'quality over quantity', and as a source of information (rather than dis-information).
Whenever emotions or fire starts to prevail I hope we will manage to not-battle with one-another, or to insist on proving who is right over who is wrong.

This forum has a face and has a heart. And those two are made of everyone's contribution, face and fire, who truly want to be a part of a larger concept of (social and not only) life.

It also represents to a certain extend Bill's face, and contribution to the outside/inside world at present, so I hope we get to remember that as well.

{ Whenever in doubt, it might be a good idea to scroll above and look at the larger picture. }

:grouphug:

KiwiElf
14th March 2014, 12:33
Everything: the amazing diversity and creativity of ideas, info and mind exercising, the challenge of sometimes polaric opposites of opinion,... quite simply, the sharing. :)

meeradas
11th July 2019, 14:05
Maybe about the right time to give this a bump...

avid
11th July 2019, 18:13
Stoically trying to put everything to rights, ups and downs, but still here.

Wishing folk wouldn’t go on and on and on needlessly just to maintain some pov which has been discussed-to-death ages ago, now almost calmed down/sorted, just to be seen, please, give it a rest - Move on.... You know who you are, valued members who are wasting yourselves when bigger issues to be debated/found.

Looking forward to new pages being turned, even more fascinating subjects to be discussed. :thumbsup: :sun:

Anchor
12th July 2019, 13:41
Maybe about the right time to give this a bump...

Quality bump. I liked reading my post - ha ha, I think I was more serious back then!

petra
12th July 2019, 15:03
What I value the most on PA is hearing about other people's experiences. They're priceless.
I can only think like myself... (ha)... and so other people's point of view is very valuable to me!

Huge fan of Bill here too :)

I've heard message forums can be avenues of attack by hyper-dimensional forces, and in my experience, this is a reality!
So what do I do next? Sign up to PA... that's what.

Bring it on, forces,... we're ready!