PDA

View Full Version : This 6-Step Guide To Getting Rich Is Buried In A 76-Year-Old Book (Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill)

chancy
13th September 2013, 03:08
Hello Everyone: Here is a great article for anyone who is wanting a way to make some cash to pay the bills. This is not a get rich scheme. It's a way to get what you want by doing the right things. The book is old but the info is still valid.

Here is a teaser from the book to wet your desire to read the book:

"In one passage, he sums up six steps to turning a desire for wealth into "its financial equivalent":

First. Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of money." Be definite as to the amount. (There is a psychological reason for definite- ness which will be described in a subsequent chapter)."

The link to the article:

http://www.businessinsider.com/6-steps-to-think-and-grow-rich-2013-9

chancy

Chip
13th September 2013, 13:10
Thank you for this. Albeit I sadly disagree with Napolean Hill's advice. It's not that I disagree that his frame of thought would work or is effective.
I think the time spent obsessing over the "illusion" that was created when we think of "the American dream" is not only a waste of our creativity. But also is one of the main problems that humanity faces. Everyone wants to be rich.
It's said best here:
"Wishing will not bring riches," Hill writes. "But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/6-steps-to-think-and-grow-rich-2013-9#ixzz2emFYnlff
I used to read these self help guides to making money. It wasn't until I became self aware that I realized how rich I already was. And that gave me more freedom than any millionaire I've ever known. And I've known many.
Peace
Love

Bill Ryan
13th September 2013, 13:35
--------

Here it is. :)

First published in 1937, it was way ahead of its time. A classic.

Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill
http://projectavalon.net/Napoleon_Hill_Think_and_Grow_Rich.pdf

Carmen
13th September 2013, 13:41
Ah, but Chipsam, this formula can be applied to anything we want in life. It doesn't have to be money. Applying our mind in focus is a creative endeavour to work within the illusion or to expand out of the illusion.

Bill Ryan
13th September 2013, 13:46
Ah, but Chipsam, this formula can be applied to anything we want in life. It doesn't have to be money. Applying our mind in focus is a creative endeavour to work within the illusion or to expand out of the illusion.

Everyone's correct here. :)

It's really about manifestation, and getting things done. It was the 1930s equivalent of The Secret. There are very many ways of being rich!

sirdipswitch
13th September 2013, 14:54
Yep!!! Excellent book!!! I was first told about it in 1969, by my Father in Law, and as a result lived my life pretty much by its' teaching, and was able to do everything I set my mind to. I still have that book, because it's the only one that I have never loaned to anyone.

I still refer to it!!!

And it's just as Bill says: "There are many ways to be rich, besides money." And Money, has never been on top of my list, of how to be rich.

And now??

Life is sooooo goood!!!! ccccc.:wizard::wizard::wizard:

Chip
13th September 2013, 15:09
Hmm
Why I love this forum so much. I'm now inclined to read it after all the points made.
I don't even have to look for it either- thanks Bill!
Cheers

Chip
13th September 2013, 15:14

Good point Carmen!
Thank you

Kryztian
13th September 2013, 17:28
Napolean Hill's formula for success seems perfectly logical for those of us that practice hypnosis. You take an idea, express it in little mantras, and bring in deep into your conscious: "I will be rich. I will accumulate wealth." and all sorts of variations. You have it said to you in a hypnotic state or you can say it to yourself over and over and over in a more conscious state - eventually, you will start to say this in your sleep. But to work properly, there must also be mantras that remind yourself that you are the one that must be the active component in the accumulation of wealth "My every action will be focused on accumulating wealth. My purpose in life is to get rich." Once these ideas become embedded deep in your consciousness, you will become a well oiled machine, focused on gaining wealth.

Business people have to balance two priorities in life, the desire to provide and helpful and meaningful product or service to the world, and the desire to get rich. In the old days, it seemed a business would fail if the business owner didn't have both goals in mind. However, in our world of monopolistic and cronyistic corporations, the latter is becoming less and less necessary.

lastlegs
13th September 2013, 18:37
I read this in the 70s as well as its history of being written--a lot of these guys interviewed by Hill were in FDR's kitchen cabinet. I tried it and got real results in strange sorts of ways. But over lying this was my grandmother's constant admonition--be careful what you ask for in case you might get it.

Our whole country did a psychological switch in the 70s--it was no longer how you played the game but winning was the only thing that mattered--the how no longer entered into it. Soon money as a measurement of everything has been accepted by almost everyone. In the US we see not that the means justifies the end but the means are the end.

If being rich becomes the main thing or the only thing to achieve that lots of things are lost--like human compassion and understanding and seeking the big picture rather than manifesting selfish desires.

northstar
13th September 2013, 19:30
It is an awesome book. I read it in my early twenties, which was a while ago. hahaha
The language is a bit dated but the principles are very solid. It can be used to create your best life, whatever that means for you. Because I was lucky enough to read the book when I was young, I internalized many of the principals Hill wrote about and I have used them to manifest wonderful things ever since.

And by "wonderful things" I don't mean mansions, yachts and sportscars!! hahaha

Kimberley
13th September 2013, 22:02
Yes there are many forms of wealth/rich... :grouphug:

Napoleon Hill - Think And Grow Rich - ORIGINAL Full Length

UmCtWskzmAQ

nomadguy
14th September 2013, 04:09
--------

Here it is. :)

First published in 1937, it was way ahead of its time. A classic.

Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill

Thanks for this! I feel I need to read it.
I have this issue where I have a deep seeding mistrust for money or "getting rich". And in that way I do not value money at all. This creates problems for me, I have blocks setup in my psyche when it comes to being monetarily successful. I will read this and see if I can come to an agreement... with myself. :yo: