PDA

View Full Version : Sucker For Long Hair

dianna
16th September 2013, 22:14
I am fascinated by long hair and question why modernity encourages short hair styles --- I feel its part of the shutting down of consciousness in society ---

Some interesting articles on hair and spirituality

This information about hair has been hidden from the public since the Viet Nam War .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dyl0j3WU6Y

Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue. Back in the Vietnam war however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view.

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA Medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Vietnam.

Sally said, "I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor's Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government. He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life. From that moment on my conservative middle of the road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example.

As I read the documents, I learned why. It seems that during the Vietnam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Indian Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully selected men were extensively documented as experts in tracking and survival.

With the usual enticements, the well proven smooth phrases used to enroll new recruits, some of these Indian trackers were then enlisted. Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to mysteriously disappear, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field.

Serious causalities and failures of performance led the government to contract expensive testing of these recruits, and this is what was found.

When questioned about their failure to perform as expected, the older recruits replied consistently that when they received their required military haircuts, they could no longer 'sense' the enemy, they could no longer access a 'sixth sense', their 'intuition' no longer was reliable, they couldn't 'read' subtle signs as well or access subtle extrasensory information.

So the testing institute recruited more Indian trackers, let them keep their long hair, and tested them in multiple areas. Then they would pair two men together who had received the same scores on all the tests. They would let one man in the pair keep his hair long, and gave the other man a military haircut. Then the two men retook the tests.

Time after time the man with long hair kept making high scores. Time after time, the man with the short hair failed the tests in which he had previously scored high scores.

Here is a Typical Test:

The recruit is sleeping out in the woods. An armed 'enemy' approaches the sleeping man. The long haired man is awakened out of his sleep by a strong sense of danger and gets away long before the enemy is close, long before any sounds from the approaching enemy are audible.

In another version of this test the long haired man senses an approach and somehow intuits that the enemy will perform a physical attack. He follows his 'sixth sense' and stays still, pretending to be sleeping, but quickly grabs the attacker and 'kills' him as the attacker reaches down to strangle him.

This same man, after having passed these and other tests, then received a military haircut and consistently failed these tests, and many other tests that he had previously passed.

So the document recommended that all Indian trackers be exempt from military haircuts. In fact, it required that trackers keep their hair long."

http://www.sott.net/article/234783-The-Truth-About-Hair-and-Why-Indians-Would-Keep-Their-Hair-Long

By Deva Kaur Khalsa | 3HO

“Our hair fashions might be just a trend, but if we investigate, we may find that we have been depriving ourselves of one of the most valuable sources of energy for human vitality.” Yogi Bhajan

Consider the possibility that the hair on your head is there to do more than just look good. Man is the only creature who grows longer hair on his head as he grows into adulthood. Left uncut, your hair will grow to a particular length and then stop all by itself at the correct length for you. From a yogic perspective, hair is an amazing gift of nature that can actually help raise the Kundalini energy (creative life force), which increases vitality, intuition, and tranquility.

Cut Hair

Long ago people in many cultures didn’t cut their hair, because it was a part of who they were. There were no salons. Often, when people were conquered or enslaved, their hair was cut as a recognized sign of slavery. It was also understood that this would serve as punishment and decrease the power of those enslaved.

The bones in the forehead are porous and function to transmit light to the pineal gland, which affects brain activity, as well as thyroid and sexual hormones. Cutting bangs which cover the forehead impedes this process. When Genghis Khan conquered China, he considered the Chinese to be a very wise, intelligent people who would not allow themselves to be subjugated. He therefore required all women in the country to cut their hair and wear bangs, because he knew this would serve to keep them timid and more easily controlled.

As whole tribes or societies were conquered, cut hair became so prevalent that the importance of hair was lost after a few generations, and hairstyles and fashion grew to be the focus.

The science of hair was one of the first technologies given by Yogi Bhajan when he came to America.

“When the hair on your head is allowed to attain its full, mature length, then phosphorous, calcium, and vitamin D are all produced, and enter the lymphatic fluid, and eventually the spinal fluid through the two ducts on the top of the brain. This ionic change creates more efficient memory and leads to greater physical energy, improved stamina, and patience.”

Yogi Bhajan explained that if you choose to cut your hair, you not only lose this extra energy and nourishment, but your body must then provide a great amount of vital energy and nutrients to continually re-grow the missing hair.
In addition, hairs are the antennas that gather and channel the sun energy or prana to the frontal lobes, the part of the brain you use for meditation and visualization. These antennas act as conduits to bring you greater quantities of subtle, cosmic energy. It takes approximately three years from the last time your hair was cut for new antennas to form at the tips of the hair.

Kundalini Hair Care

In India, a Rishi is known as a wise one who coils his or her hair up on the crown of the head during the day to energize the brain cells, and then combs it down at night. A ‘rishi knot’ energizes your magnetic field (aura) and stimulates the pineal gland in the center of your brain.

“This activation of your pineal results in a secretion that is central to the development of higher intellectual functioning, as well as higher spiritual perception.”
-Yogi Bhajan

During the day, the hair absorbs solar energy, but at night it absorbs lunar energy. Keeping the hair up during the day and down at night aids in this process. Braiding your hair at night will help your electromagnetic field balance out from the day.
- See more at: http://www.thehealersjournal.com/2013/03/11/how-letting-your-hair-grow-long-can-stimulate-your-spirituality-and-health/#sthash.gDO8XGYU.dpuf

http://www.thehealersjournal.com/2013/03/11/how-letting-your-hair-grow-long-can-stimulate-your-spirituality-and-health/

The Spiritual Nature Of Hair
Sunday, March 10th, 2013
Deva Kaur Khalsa, 3ho
Waking Times

“Our hair fashions might be just a trend, but if we investigate, we may find that we have been depriving ourselves of one of the most valuable sources of energy for human vitality.” -Yogi Bhajan

Consider the possibility that the hair on your head is there to do more than just look good. Man is the only creature who grows longer hair on his head as he grows into adulthood. Left uncut, your hair will grow to a particular length and then stop all by itself at the correct length for you. From a yogic perspective, hair is an amazing gift of nature that can actually help raise the Kundalini energy (creative life force), which increases vitality, intuition, and tranquility.

Cut Hair

Long ago people in many cultures didn’t cut their hair, because it was a part of who they were. There were no salons. Often, when people were conquered or enslaved, their hair was cut as a recognized sign of slavery. It was also understood that this would serve as punishment and decrease the power of those enslaved.

The bones in the forehead are porous and function to transmit light to the pineal gland, which affects brain activity, as well as thyroid and sexual hormones. Cutting bangs which cover the forehead impedes this process. When Genghis Khan conquered China, he considered the Chinese to be a very wise, intelligent people who would not allow themselves to be subjugated. He therefore required all women in the country to cut their hair and wear bangs, because he knew this would serve to keep them timid and more easily controlled.

As whole tribes or societies were conquered, cut hair became so prevalent that the importance of hair was lost after a few generations, and hairstyles and fashion grew to be the focus.

The science of hair was one of the first technologies given by Yogi Bhajan when he came to America.

“When the hair on your head is allowed to attain its full, mature length, then phosphorous, calcium, and vitamin D are all produced, and enter the lymphatic fluid, and eventually the spinal fluid through the two ducts on the top of the brain. This ionic change creates more efficient memory and leads to greater physical energy, improved stamina, and patience.”

Yogi Bhajan explained that if you choose to cut your hair, you not only lose this extra energy and nourishment, but your body must then provide a great amount of vital energy and nutrients to continually re-grow the missing hair.
In addition, hairs are the antennas that gather and channel the sun energy or prana to the frontal lobes, the part of the brain you use for meditation and visualization. These antennas act as conduits to bring you greater quantities of subtle, cosmic energy. It takes approximately three years from the last time your hair was cut for new antennas to form at the tips of the hair.

Kundalini Hair Care

In India, a Rishi is known as a wise one who coils his or her hair up on the crown of the head during the day to energize the brain cells, and then combs it down at night. A ‘rishi knot’ energizes your magnetic field (aura) and stimulates the pineal gland in the center of your brain.

“This activation of your pineal results in a secretion that is central to the development of higher intellectual functioning, as well as higher spiritual perception.” -Yogi Bhajan
During the day, the hair absorbs solar energy, but at night it absorbs lunar energy. Keeping the hair up during the day and down at night aids in this process. Braiding your hair at night will help your electromagnetic field balance out from the day.

One year after Winter Solstice, when Yogi Bhajan was sitting in our living room with wet hair, he explained that he was drying it before putting it up in order to avoid a headache. When you put your hair up wet, it will tend to shrink and tighten a bit and even break as it dries. A better idea is to occasionally take the time to sit in the sun and allow your clean, wet hair to dry naturally and Oneness in all.” Tagore said, “When I realized the Oneness of all, I threw my shaving kit into the ocean. I gave up my ego and surrendered to nature. I wanted to live in the form that my Creator has given me.”

When humans allow their hair to grow, they are welcoming the maturity, the responsibility of being fully-grown, and fully powerful. That is why you will find grace and calmness in a person with uncut hair from birth, if it is kept well. The Creator has a definite reason for giving you hair.

It is said that when you allow your hair to grow to its full length and coil it on the crown of the head, the sun energy, pranic life force, is drawn down the spine. To counteract that downward movement, the Kundalini life energy rises to create balance. In Yogi Bhajan’s words, “Your hair is not there by mistake. It has a definite purpose, which saints will discover and other men will laugh at.”

About the Author
Deva Kaur Khalsa trains Kundalini Yoga Teachers and teaches Kundalini Yoga in South Florida. She was a student of Yogi Bhajan for over 39 years. She is co-owner of Yoga Source in Coral Springs, Florida, and can be reached at www.MyYogaSource.com

Read more: http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/forum/topics/why-you-should-never-cut-your-hair-2-articles?xg_source=activity#ixzz2f5zLXrzp
Follow us: AshtarCommandCrew on Facebook
http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/forum/topics/why-you-should-never-cut-your-hair-2-articles?xg_source=activity

dpwishy
16th September 2013, 22:57
I have always had long hair as a male. Either straight or in dreadlocks. Well managed dreadlocks become the most logical way to store the most amount of hair without it being cumbersome. Hair that would normally be knee length would not go past the belly button if dreaded.

In my personal experience and opinion, which can only be counted as that, I think your hair is link an antenna. The longer it is the "more" you can pick up. Not to many people know that the Nazi's and the whole plan by Hitler was really a master plan channeled by E.T. There was a huge occult connection, this is never looked at in history. I have a major in History and it was never brought up once in college. But if you do your on research its not hard to find and is well documented. Just start where the word Aryan comes from. If you saw a picture of the lady's from Germany that would channel these beings, their hair was down to their knee's. They wore their hair as long a possible for the reason above, they believed it allowed them to pick up more.

More consciously aware people (true enlightened/guru types)will tell you that the more you wake up, the more you become aware of everything around you, especially yourself. It literally hurts the being to cut the hair as the awareness is so high and sensitive.

In divine friendship,
your brother,
-wishy

Carmen
16th September 2013, 23:06
Yes, hair is like an antenna. I keep mine long since I learned that.

william r sanford72
16th September 2013, 23:30
no haircut in 6 years and counting.no trim nadda.been this way since a child.my mom let me grow it.at a very early age.she always said just keep it taken care of..and it was non issue.i have had dreads in 20s.just a braid now.i still cant stand haircuts.

Gekko
16th September 2013, 23:38
Long hair, short hair, bald -- I have trouble seeing that it would make any difference spiritually. The innards trump it all. Though I'm a sucker for long hair myself :p

CD7
17th September 2013, 01:28
I love long hair too! They may have cut womens hair and bangs for more control back then, but now here in the US they just start the girls early and keep them dying their hair/head with LOTS OF CHEMICALS right into the scalp (for many years for some folks)....yummm yummmm --NOT

This perhaps has interesting effects on the antennae? ...and im not thinking in a good way.

Ive felt more electric with longer hair then when I had short hair so I could definitely see this being important for "gathering" like one of the senses?

Humm maybe we do have six senses!!! Remember the biblical story about Samson and his long hair? He had long hair and when his enemies chopped it off, he lost his "power"

Interesting subject!

ghostrider
17th September 2013, 02:00
in the king james translation of the ancient text = the glory of god is man , the glory of man is woman , the glory of woman is her hair , for this cause should the woman be covered, her hair is given her for a covering ... something to do with power when a woman prays ... take it for what it's worth ...

Shannow
17th September 2013, 02:03
Haven't had a haircut for 12 years so far.

Finding it settles to between shoulders and mid back wet, below shoulders dry (quite curly)...longer or shorter depending on my personal stress levels at any given time.

Shamz
17th September 2013, 02:52
I am sorry to spoil this party -- but keeping long hair has nothing to do with being a spiritual person or being in-tune with nature or Source. I belong to Sikh religion where if you follow the religion 100% - you have to follow or keep 5 articles of faith with you -- and uncut hair is one of the 5 articles of faith -- where you are not allowed to cut any hair on your body...let them grow naturally. Back in India, Sikhs are mostly located in the Punjab state - that is where I come from too. Sikh means a learner or student or pupil. Name of religion is Sikhism.

I had lived in India from birth to 24 years and all this time I have closely lived with Sikhs in the punjab state -- and believe me -- they are no better than other people who don't keep long hair -- its all in the heart how you feel... like I always say - one may read all the holy books in the world..or visit all the holy places...but may not feel a thing -- at the same time...a person can be one with Source just by being feeling it

Just do a image search on google on Sikhs.. follow this link

How a sikh look like (https://www.google.com/search?um=1&safe=off&hl=en&q=sikh&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=o8M3UuaIA-6E2gW85oGQDg&biw=1920&bih=981&sei=p8M3UsnCIcTC2AXa5oGwDg)

Much love

Sidney
17th September 2013, 03:18
I keep my hair long;I have also worn it shorter, but always felt part of my spirit went with the hair cut. I will someday be one of those old ladys with a grey braid down to her waist. I prefer it long and I really do feel it is somewhat of an antenna. There is something to it, even if I do not fully understand the whats or whys.

Craig
17th September 2013, 03:37
I wont lie to you, this is completely brand new news to me, I have always had short hair, the one time i tried to grow it, it just curled like an afro, and I don't remember any extra powers but my shoulders and upper arms were strong from drying it.

And CD7's remark about Samson - now that is a blowout of the mind...

Tesseract
17th September 2013, 03:59
I was just thinking about hair length yesterday after watching a music clip, and how not-short hair is somehow far friendlier. Thinking back to people who have been, for no good reason, complete pricks to me throughout my life, most of them by far have had hair that was clipped very short.

Observing the people I have worked with over the years, I always liked it when I saw someone who lets their hair get quite shaggy before cutting it (as I do). It's kind of funny, irreverent in a way, because almost everyone else deliberately tries to look neat and professional, respectable, and to get others' approval.

While I''m at it, I might share an anecdote:

This was in Allentown Pa. Walking about, I decided to risk letting someone cut my hair, the previous asian lady in Boston who did so left me with quite the hitleresque fringe, now immortalised in greyscale on my visa photo. I saw a barber run by black guys and went in. I told them to just make it short and tidy, but not to use clippers because I didn't want it all that short. The room was long and narrow, and the guy spun me around to face down the room so that he could watch TV while he worked on my unruly locks. The result was that I couldn't see myself in the mirror while he worked.

As I sat there I saw client after client come in, and god forbid their hair had hit 1/2 an inch long, sit down and have one of the barbers go to work. The barbers acted like it was some kind of art, leaning this way and that, re-touching with great delicacy every where they had clipped about three times before anyway. When the hair was reduced to under 1/5 of an inch or so the clients would pay and leave. When there were no clients in, the barbers worked on their own hair equally as carefully. Really, I never knew it was possible to preen a bald head, but they found a way. It was pretty clear that this place didn't get a lot of shaggy haired white folks in. After 30 minutes I began to wonder why it was taking so fkn long for my own hair to get cut, and, twisting my head to look in the mirror, I realised that the guy cutting my hair was using a pair of nail scissors. I didn't want to be rude, but I was in dire need of a piss, so I told him it looked great (looked like sh%t) and I got out of there.

nomadguy
17th September 2013, 05:37
I stopped cutting my hair when I read that it was a part of our nervous system.... That rung true with me to the core. It would be a real hard sell to get me to cut it again!

RUSirius
17th September 2013, 05:44
Yeah, I'm pretty much bald, and just cant bring myself to do the comb over, however, winter is a coming and I will grow whats left of my hair and wear a baseball hat til spring. That whole not cutting ones hair because its a part of the nervous system, that sounded pretty reasonable to me too.

Conchis
17th September 2013, 10:11
Mine is longish. I just like the feel of it. I don't think it gives me any special intuition though.

Shane
17th September 2013, 10:43
"The sign said "long haired freaky people, need not apply"...

I have been a long hair for more than 10yrs and couldn't imagine cutting it.

Otherwise I do look like a fine upstanding young man, I think I do.

music
17th September 2013, 10:51
On this earth, we are animals, and our hair is an extension of the animal sense. Hair is an instrument for navigating the environment, and for seeking between the cracks of reality, which is where all the magic gathers because we are unwilling to accept that it can exist in the square prison we have allowed to be constructed around us.

Our egos like to tell us that we are better than the "animals". I'm afraid that we are not. Animals are true to their nature and are immune to the control constructs of "good", and "evil", and "morality", and "cultural expectations", and "should have". Animals don't concern themselves with mind parasites, or disinformation, or cultism, or elitism, or who is better, or more just, or more righteous than whom. Next time you see an animal, take a good look. We all have a lot to learn, myself included of course.

WhiteFeather
17th September 2013, 10:59
If I May. Its Rather Long:
The Truth About Hair and Why American Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long:

This information about hair has been hidden from the public since the Viet Nam War .

Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue. Back in the Vietnam war however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view.

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA Medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Vietnam.

Sally said, "I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor's Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government. He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life. From that moment on my conservative middle of the road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example.

As I read the documents, I learned why. It seems that during the Vietnam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Indian Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully selected men were extensively documented as experts in tracking and survival.

With the usual enticements, the well proven smooth phrases used to enroll new recruits, some of these Indian trackers were then enlisted. Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to mysteriously disappear, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field.

Serious causalities and failures of performance led the government to contract expensive testing of these recruits, and this is what was found.

When questioned about their failure to perform as expected, the older recruits replied consistently that when they received their required military haircuts, they could no longer 'sense' the enemy, they could no longer access a 'sixth sense', their 'intuition' no longer was reliable, they couldn't 'read' subtle signs as well or access subtle extrasensory information.

So the testing institute recruited more Indian trackers, let them keep their long hair, and tested them in multiple areas. Then they would pair two men together who had received the same scores on all the tests. They would let one man in the pair keep his hair long, and gave the other man a military haircut. Then the two men retook the tests.

Time after time the man with long hair kept making high scores. Time after time, the man with the short hair failed the tests in which he had previously scored high scores.

Here is a Typical Test:

The recruit is sleeping out in the woods. An armed 'enemy' approaches the sleeping man. The long haired man is awakened out of his sleep by a strong sense of danger and gets away long before the enemy is close, long before any sounds from the approaching enemy are audible.

In another version of this test the long haired man senses an approach and somehow intuits that the enemy will perform a physical attack. He follows his 'sixth sense' and stays still, pretending to be sleeping, but quickly grabs the attacker and 'kills' him as the attacker reaches down to strangle him.

This same man, after having passed these and other tests, then received a military haircut and consistently failed these tests, and many other tests that he had previously passed.

So the document recommended that all Indian trackers be exempt from military haircuts. In fact, it required that trackers keep their hair long."

Comment:

The mammalian body has evolved over millions of years. Survival skills of human and animal at times seem almost supernatural. Science is constantly coming up with more discoveries about the amazing abilities of man and animal to survive. Each part of the body has highly sensitive work to perform for the survival and well being of the body as a whole.The body has a reason for every part of itself.

Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved 'feelers' or 'antennae' that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brain stem, the limbic system, and the neocortex.

Not only does hair in people, including facial hair in men, provide an information highway reaching the brain, hair also emits energy, the electromagnetic energy emitted by the brain into the outer environment. This has been seen in Kirlian photography when a person is photographed with long hair and then rephotographed after the hair is cut.

When hair is cut, receiving and sending transmissions to and from the environment are greatly hampered. This results in numbing-out .

Cutting of hair is a contributing factor to unawareness of environmental distress in local ecosystems. It is also a contributing factor to insensitivity in relationships of all kinds. It contributes to sexual frustration.

Conclusion:

In searching for solutions for the distress in our world, it may be time for us to consider that many of our most basic assumptions about reality are in error. It may be that a major part of the solution is looking at us in the face each morning when we see ourselves in the mirror.

The story of Sampson and Delilah in the Bible has a lot of encoded truth to tell us. When Delilah cut Sampson's hair, the once undefeatable Sampson was defeated.

Reported by C. Young

CD7
17th September 2013, 11:26
they are no better than other people who don't keep long hair --

A couple of posts seem to be going in this direction and I don't think its meant that "hair" makes someone anything.....

Its more of a tool tht one can use to heighten their senses...its an addendum not something to transform a person....

Sunny-side-up
17th September 2013, 11:29
For nearly 20 years I had hair and beard lengths down to my belt line. I thought I was never going to have it cut in my life again. I was awake for those years; but then via a misadventure got ill. So! got well again but lost the awake path, got married and now it's very short hair and no beard!
To tell you the truth though I couldn't revert to long hair without a lot of effort, it gets in ya eye's mouth and frazzles/tangles in the wind.
I do miss it though!

I do believe it helps connects to energies!

Sérénité
17th September 2013, 12:41
This reminds me of the film Avatar.
By 'bonding' their hair with the Tree of Souls it would speak to them and when they coupled it to the tail of their dragon companions they connected minds.
Dreadlocks or bald, both are just great :)

mahalall
17th September 2013, 13:58
Couldn't resist,
nGMekhvYPME

DeDukshyn
17th September 2013, 15:13
For some reason, ever since I was a kid, I always had a desire to keep my hair long. I don't know why, I just felt it was important. I have shaved my head a couple times though, because I am a sucker for experience more than anything ;) but I still keep my hair long these days, even as I am getting up there in years. It's starting to thin a bit so I think I might just cut it all off again soon. My boss is a Sikh and he always acts disappointed whenever I get a hair cut, lol, the opposite one would normally expect from their professional boss. ;)

chocolate
17th September 2013, 19:00
consciously or unconsciously all women love their hair long, and men prefer when women wear their hair long, with small exceptions. There is a reason for this. I do believe hair to be important as an antenna type of connecting device. I double dpwishy's post. And everyone who would say hair length is important on some level (I prefer to stop at that).
As a woman I love the feeling of having longer hair. I have had short hair in my childhood, and in my early teens. But I prefer it longer.

meeradas
17th September 2013, 19:08
Me, have no choice.

PurpleLama
17th September 2013, 19:23
It is in the Law of One, that for the antennae effect to occur, the hair needs to be at least four inches long, IIRC.

avid
17th September 2013, 19:54
I have always felt drawn to people with long hair - some of my best friends have very long hair - to the extreme, but perhaps that's a cultural 'rock' thing. Nonetheless, even before the radical 60's, as a child, I always trusted any farmers with long hair (we lived in a village and I had to be careful). These men were always courteous, caring and aware. Nowadays I can see the almost skinhead fashion has trashed men to almost primitive behaviours. Is that why the USA almost skinheaded their troops since the 40's? I found that frightening and unattractive - subjugational. The Netherlands troops were always allowed long hair. I had long hair, but as one grows older it becomes unmanageable - so I had it cut! Oh dear - my lovely straight glossy locks turned pubic!!!! So there's a lesson - I now have shoulder-length curly madness. Boys and girls, don't cut your gorgeous long hair!!! I don't care any more - just stop it splitting. Can I think 'straight'? Well - there's a thing....;)

PurpleLama
17th September 2013, 21:02
My three year old son has yet to have his wild blonde hair cut, and although he hates to see the hairbrush coming, he seems quite adamant that he does not want it cut short like his uncle Playdo.

avid
17th September 2013, 21:33
Aaah - my 9 year old Grandson's hair is a white-blonde mop reminiscent of a famous band member's natural look - but more beautiful. When they have it all 'rationalised' they are literally rationalised against their own right. I am so happy when he is still allowed to look a bit 'floppy-haired', he likes it, and seems to be more confident. Stop shaving mens' heads - it's ugly, unnatural, categorises them into 'yob' mode, and hurtful to their pride. Not everyone suits a shaven look, and if it's obvious men have lost their hair naturally, it's more distinguished. Women accept that. A natural man doesn't need a 'comb-over', or to remove body hair - surely! I'm with the indigenous nations - hair is part of the antennae of the whole person - not to be removed as why was it there in the first place?

MorningSong
17th September 2013, 22:09
I have always kept my hair more or less shoulder length, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer. But 12 years ago, after a "failed" marriage, I unwittingly "punished" myself getting my head nearly shaved, reducing my look to a pixie cut. I was burning bridges and taking it out on my hair, on myself...

I think that was the worst thing I possible could have done. A bad situation went to worse and worst, I lost total contact with who I had been, what I had acquired in the spiritual side of my life's experiences. My self-esteem was well under the muck in the bottom of the barrel.

I came to my "senses" when I started letting my hair grow out again, mostly because I didn't recognize the person looking back at me in the mirror. In my heart, I knew that I needed my hair... long.

Now my hair is longer than I have ever had it, well passing my shoulderblades/ribcage. And it is bliss. I love the million ways I can fix it up or down. I am at peace with myself and my life. All is good.

DeDukshyn
17th September 2013, 23:16
I will also add that ladies with long healthy beautiful hair serve as a high point of instinctive attraction for me; almost sexual. Seeing girls with long thick hair in my peripheral always makes me take a better look, I can't help it ;) Clearly a sucker for long hair myself - in more ways than one ;)

Mike
18th September 2013, 00:42
I will also add that ladies with long healthy beautiful hair serve as a high point of instinctive attraction for me; almost sexual. Seeing girls with long thick hair in my peripheral always makes me take a better look, I can't help it ;) Clearly a sucker for long hair myself - in more ways than one ;)

me too. i think it's because (aside from the obvious) the thick, lustry hair connotes other things, like health, a willingness to take care of oneself, strength etc...i truly do not have a "type", and frankly cannot understand people who have these dogmatic lists of greek god-like physical attributes one must possess in order to make an ideal mate...*but* ...i will say this: i have a weakness for shiny, thick black hair...cut in sort of a "bob" style, parted down the middle. ever since i was a kid...

having said all that, my hairline started receding when i was 21 (and i nearly went mad while watching its insidious progression)....so i really have no right to be picky.;)

Selene
18th September 2013, 03:11
It does seem interesting that in almost every civilization, culture, military, religious initiation etc there exists a rite of “cutting off the hair” or “shaving the head” or “buzzcut induction” as a rite of passage to a new status, whether as a monk, nun or soldier.

This seems to be connected to some kind of severing of the previous identity or personality of the individual; some kind of “reset button” to build a new identity.

Does cutting off the hair serve to scramble or reset the brain itself?

Interesting question…..

I’m a long-haired person, myself.

Cheers,

Selene

music
18th September 2013, 06:24
I have always kept my hair more or less shoulder length, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer. But 12 years ago, after a "failed" marriage, I unwittingly "punished" myself getting my head nearly shaved, reducing my look to a pixie cut. I was burning bridges and taking it out on my hair, on myself...

I think that was the worst thing I possible could have done. A bad situation went to worse and worst, I lost total contact with who I had been, what I had acquired in the spiritual side of my life's experiences. My self-esteem was well under the muck in the bottom of the barrel.

I came to my "senses" when I started letting my hair grow out again, mostly because I didn't recognize the person looking back at me in the mirror. In my heart, I knew that I needed my hair... long.

Now my hair is longer than I have ever had it, well passing my shoulderblades/ribcage. And it is bliss. I love the million ways I can fix it up or down. I am at peace with myself and my life. All is good.

Quite often, shaving off the hair is symbolic, even more than symbolic of a fresh start. Everything we consume, every emotion we have felt, all we have been is contained within the hair. This is in a physical sense (eg recall the "cocaine mummies"), and in a metaphysical sense. It is the same with scars - they contain the emotion of the injury, and scars that return pain way longer than should be expected may indicate undealt with emotions pertaining to the injury. Perhaps it was necessary for you to cut your hair to cut the ties, and on reflection, you may (or may not) find that the hardship you endured after was the making of you. Love and blessings to you.

Carmody
18th September 2013, 17:22
I am sorry to spoil this party -- but keeping long hair has nothing to do with being a spiritual person or being in-tune with nature or Source. I belong to Sikh religion where if you follow the religion 100% - you have to follow or keep 5 articles of faith with you -- and uncut hair is one of the 5 articles of faith -- where you are not allowed to cut any hair on your body...let them grow naturally. Back in India, Sikhs are mostly located in the Punjab state - that is where I come from too. Sikh means a learner or student or pupil. Name of religion is Sikhism.

I had lived in India from birth to 24 years and all this time I have closely lived with Sikhs in the punjab state -- and believe me -- they are no better than other people who don't keep long hair -- its all in the heart how you feel... like I always say - one may read all the holy books in the world..or visit all the holy places...but may not feel a thing -- at the same time...a person can be one with Source just by being feeling it

Just do a image search on google on Sikhs.. follow this link

How a sikh look like (https://www.google.com/search?um=1&safe=off&hl=en&q=sikh&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=o8M3UuaIA-6E2gW85oGQDg&biw=1920&bih=981&sei=p8M3UsnCIcTC2AXa5oGwDg)

Much love

IIRC, it was Italy (?) where the sikhs were uses as 'ultimate' sneak attack assassins, in the realm of camp infiltration. (WWII)

They would sneak into the camp, and kill one man in a tent while leaving the other alive and intact, to wake beside a cold corpse. They could do this better than anyone else, not even close. No one else could do such things.

To take a encampment apart, night after night, man by man, like ghosts.

Carmody
18th September 2013, 17:29
Me, have no choice.

Same here, bald men on each side of my genetic lineage, at least three generations back. I looked at those photos when I was headed into my teens and said, well..I guess I'm ****ed.

However, the bald pattering may mean something. Overlay a map of brain function,and what we know of hemispherical brain connectivity and psychic energies on top of the given balding pattern.......and look again.

When the wizard lifts his hat, is he bald on top, or does he have a full head of hair?

What about eyebrows? They can get pretty crazy.

TargeT
18th September 2013, 17:40
. My boss is a Sikh

does he wear the turban and carry a bigass knife?

that's one of the more interesting religions I've run into

PurpleLama
18th September 2013, 17:40
I dunno, I got loads of bald uncles, grandfathers, and great-uncles, but no sign of the pattern with myself.... Like Mike, theirs all showed up in their early 20s.

Carmody
18th September 2013, 17:54
I dunno, I got loads of bald uncles, grandfathers, and great-uncles, but no sign of the pattern with myself.... Like Mike, theirs all showed up in their early 20s.

Mine started when I was 11-12 years old. (The thinning began). But I had ultra fine hair, and very thick on the ole' bean.

Mike
18th September 2013, 18:32

Mine started when I was 11-12 years old. (The thinning began). But I had ultra fine hair, and very thick on the ole' bean.

11 or 12? ouch. I want to give you a hug. I really do.

as I said, my hairline started vanishing when I was 21, and I thought I had it bad. it really messed with me. you know you've officially lost it when you see an AIDS victim with a full head of hair, and you think: "lucker".

I recall having this conversation with my Mom, expressing my frustration to her. i'll never forget it: she was in the garage, smoking a cigarette at the time, and she whimsically blew some smoke out of the side of her mouth and said very matter of factly: "who cares? if you go bald you can always get a weave." her casualness and utter lack of concern was contagious - I didn't know what a weave was and I didn't even ask, but I walked around the rest of that day with a peaceful buoyancy, reminding myself that should my situation deteriorate, I could always "get a weave".;)

of course when I did find out what that was I was tragically depressed. she denies ever making that comment, but I know I didn't make it up. I was sort of lucky in the sense that my hair loss kind of halted as abruptly as it began. today at age 36 my hair doesn't look too much different than it did then. I wish that goddamn timeline technology was available to me then. If I had all that time back spent looking at the back of my head with a pocket mirror, I might have actually done something constructive.

Shamz
18th September 2013, 19:15
Not every sikh wear a turban and/or carry a knife. Only hardcore Sikhs - who go through a sikh ceremony ( similar to baptism) have to carry 5 articles of faith. All start with K - in punjabi language
Kesh = hair , Kanga = comb , Kada = bangle, kirpan = knife and Kashha = underwear

1. Keep unshaven hair ( facial hair as well has on head) -- so that they look ferocious to enemies in the war ( in olden days sikhs fought with muslims in hand to hand combats)
2. Wear a long knife ( or Kirpan in Punjabi) - to defend themselves or defend an innocent person
3. Keep a comb in the hair ( they tie a knot on their head and keep a small comb tucked under it ) - to keep clean hair
4. Wear a small bangle made of iron ( called Kada) - this small bangle will remind them not to commit any crime with their own hands
5. Wear a underwear with String - this will remind them not commit adultery

Much love

. My boss is a Sikh

DeDukshyn
19th September 2013, 00:09
. My boss is a Sikh

Hehe, he got back to wearing a turban just before I started working for him, he wears it fairly religiously now, I have seen him a few times with just a bandana around his head ;)

I do have a friend though, and he is this 6.5ft tall 250 lb giant with this massive turban and a great big beard. Wears his knife and his big iron bracelets and some gold chains. Looks scary as hell, but he is the nicest most gentle person I have ever met, seriously one person I know I could trust my life with, I can trust his word more than anyone I know.

Through him I learned quite a lot about Sikhism, a very interesting religion indeed -- a bit odd but one of the better ones I'd say if one were to take a religion seriously. I've met a lot of Sikhs that when questioned about details about their religion, just didn't have a clue. Many just seem to be going through the motions.

I asked my friend what the iron bracelets represent; he said "It is a reminder, and a painful one if I forget what it is there to remind me of. If I were to punch you, this iron bracelet would fly back, then slam into my wrist where there are a lot of nerves, and I would be in excruciating pain. This is my reminder to never use violence against someone.". Then I asked, so why the Knife then? He responded, "It is symbolic, it represents my desire to always uphold the truth and protect the innocent. In old times, Sikhs were extremely well trained fighters (They have their own martial art), and were tasked with always standing up for the weak and innocent."

One of the more interesting and loving people I have ever met in my life.