PDA

View Full Version : The Russian Woodpecker & HAARP, ABMs, Chernobyl, Challenger Disaster, Gamma Detectors, and the Comic "American Flagg"

Tesla_WTC_Solution
18th September 2013, 05:13
I know that sounds like a weird title. But all this sort of works together if you're open to the idea, lol. :rolleyes:

late edit: the author wishes to point out that according to wikipedia, HAARP's contract was taken from BAE Systems in May 2013. "The HAARP facility was reported to be temporarily shut down in May 2013, awaiting a change of contractors."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Flagg!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e7/AmericanFlagg_no1_300px.jpg/250px-AmericanFlagg_no1_300px.jpg

American Flagg! is an American comic book series created by writer-artist Howard Chaykin, published by First Comics from 1983 to 1989. A science fiction series and political satire, it was set in the U.S., particularly Chicago, Illinois, in the early 2030s. Writers besides Chaykin included Steven Grant, J.M. DeMatteis, and Alan Moore.

American Flagg Issue #1, published 1983
See also: Reuben Flagg, subliminal messages

Back in 1983, the year I was born, a hilarious yet eerily realistic comic was printed: American Flagg Issue #1. The Ranger hero Reuben Flagg enlists himself in a valiant effort to stifle an annoying TV/radio signal that's causing viewers to go violently crazy. In the fictional story, Reuben identifies the dish network that broadcasts the mind-altering signal with the help of an intelligent cat (who can also "see" subliminals on TV and has his own theories of causation) and a trusty female sidekick. Flagg encounters danger when even his boss is caught watching the addictive programming that is destroying American society, and later takes it upon himself to destroy the troublesome installation and bring peace to all. I should add that he accomplishes this last bit by dropping out of a helicopter or something and planting explosives on the array. It also takes people a while to snap out of it.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/classic-cartoon-woody-woodpecker-come-back-to-big-screen.jpg

Russian Woodpecker, horrible Soviet nuisance, circa 1976-1989
See also: DUGA-3, Steel Yard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Woodpecker

As it turns out, there WAS a troublesome installation broadcasting a somewhat maddening signal across the globe during the year that American Flagg #1 was released. I don't think people really understood about its origin until the late 80s, but in Kiev Oblast, Russia, there was this thing built, a sort of Tesla-style HAARPlike array; but unlike a typical Tesla array, its function was to bounce signals "over the horizon" (using the atmosphere as a reflective surface I assume) rather than distributing power only to nearby sources or to sources connected to itself by some kind of traditional medium.

People started calling the signal sent out by this thing the "Russian Woodpecker", because when you accidentally tuned in to its random frequency, it went "knockknockknockknockknockknock" just like Chinese water torture. This signal was screwing up everything from soap operas to airline transmissions from what I understand of Wikipedia. And Wikipedia has a lot to say about this Russian Woodpecker thing. Lots more in my opinion than it has to say about more modern counterparts, like HAARP.

Wikipedia also says that the Steel Yard site was key in ABM (anti ballistic missile) communications and operations during the Cold War. I am not really sure that our people admit that about HAARP. LOL! But of course it was built a bit later than Duga-3. I am not aware of Russian opposition to this structure back then, as I have never tried to research that. I assume that the Soviet union at the time frowned on public statements regarding national security. However, many people did speculate due to the frequent interruptions in various electrically based services as to the nature of the beast, so to speak. Woodpecker was accurate and Woodpecker stuck...

The Russian Woodpecker was a notorious Soviet radio signal that could be sporadically heard on the shortwave radio bands worldwide between July 1976 and December 1989. It sounded like a sharp, repetitive tapping noise at 10 Hz,[1] giving rise to the "Woodpecker" name. The random frequency hops disrupted legitimate broadcast, amateur radio, commercial aviation communications, utility transmissions, and resulted in thousands of complaints by many countries worldwide. Because of its extremely high power output (over 10 MW in some cases), the signal became such a nuisance that some receivers such as amateur radios and televisions actually began including 'Woodpecker Blankers' in their design.

The mysterious and unclaimed signal was a source for much speculation, giving rise to theories such as Soviet mind control and weather control. However, after careful study, many experts and amateur radio hobbyists long believed it to be that of an extremely powerful over-the-horizon radar (OTH) system. This theory was publicly confirmed after the fall of the Soviet Union, and is now known to be the Duga-3 (Russian: Дуга-3)[2] system, part of the Soviet ABM early-warning network. NATO military intelligence had photographed the system and given it the NATO reporting name Steel Yard.

As an observer I wanted to note, Wiki says that DUGA-3 lies within a region called the "Chernobyl Exclusion Zone".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_Exclusion_Zone

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1b/Chernobyl_Disaster.jpg/464px-Chernobyl_Disaster.jpg

The Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant Zone of Alienation (Ukrainian: Зона відчуження Чорнобильської АЕС, zona vidchuzhennya Chornobyl's'koyi AES) is the officially designated exclusion area around the site of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor disaster.[4]:p.4-5:p.49f.3 It is also commonly known as the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, the 30 Kilometer Zone, or simply The Zone[4]:p.2-5 (Ukrainian: Чорнобильська зона, Chornobyl's'ka zona).

Established by the USSR military soon after the 1986 disaster, it initially existed as an area of 30-kilometer radius from the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant designated for evacuation and placed under military control.[5][6] Its borders have since been altered to cover a larger area of Ukraine. The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone borders a separately administered area, the Polesie state radiation and ecological reserve, to the north, in Belarus. The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone is managed by an agency of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine, while the power plant itself and its sarcophagus (and replacement) are administered separately.

The Exclusion Zone covers an area of approximately 2,600 km2[7]in Ukraine immediately surrounding the Chernobyl nuclear power plant where radioactive contamination from fallout is highest and public access and inhabitation are restricted. Other areas of compulsory resettlement and voluntary relocation not part of the restricted exclusion zone exist in the surrounding areas and throughout Ukraine.[8]

Chernobyl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

I wanted to point out that Chernobyl melted down during the period that the Woodpecker was active. This happened in 1986, and wiki says the woodpecker operated from 1976 to 1989. The two installations were also not very far apart from one another from what I understand. I wonder if this means anything or not.

Also worth mentioning is that space shuttle Challenger exploded the same year that Chernobyl melted down. Both of these events correlated with the operation of the Russian Woodpecker signal. It is not known to me at this time whether the US or allies had access to similar or superior technologies, nor whether these technologies were deployed against Russian sites. It is not clear whether these arrays are devices capable of inducing deadly interruptions in the systems of aircraft and spacecraft.

Space Shuttle Challenger and the Titan IV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenger_disaster

As a result of the disaster, the Air Force decided to cancel its plans to use the Shuttle for classified military satellite launches from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, deciding to use the Titan IV instead.

Lockheed Martin actually made a lot of money because of Challenger's failure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_IV

The Titan IV family (including the IVA and IVB) of space boosters were used by the U.S. Air Force.[2] They were launched from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida,[3] and Vandenberg Air Force Base, California.[4] At the time of its introduction, the Titan IV was the "largest unmanned space booster used by the Air Force."[5]

The Titan rockets killed many more people in the long run than Challenger did.

Rocket fuel[edit source | editbeta]

See also: Hypergolic propellant
Liquid oxygen is dangerous to use in an enclosed space, such as a missile silo, and cannot be stored for long periods in the booster oxidizer tank. Several Atlas and Titan I rockets exploded and destroyed their silos. The Martin Company was able to improve the design with the Titan II. The RP-1/LOX combination was replaced by a room-temperature fuel whose oxidizer did not require cryogenic storage. The same first stage rocket engines were used with some modifications. The diameter of the second stage was increased to match the first stage. The Titan II's hypergolic fuel and oxidizer ignited on contact, but they were highly toxic and corrosive liquids. The fuel was Aerozine 50 (a 50/50 mix of hydrazine and UDMH) and the oxidizer was nitrogen tetroxide.

There was a silo in a place called Damascus, Arkansas, where a Titan actually blew up its whole silo.

http://www.arktimes.com/binary/e9eb/1369586446-holeinground.jpg

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2013/05/26/coming-behind-the-scenes-account-of-1980-titan-missile-accident-in-damascus-ark

Coming: Behind-the-scenes account of 1980 Titan missile accident in Damascus, Ark.
Posted by Max Brantley on Sun, May 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Famed investigative journalist Eric Schlosser digs deep to uncover secrets about the management of America’s nuclear arsenal. A groundbreaking account of accidents, near misses, extraordinary heroism, and technological breakthroughs, Command and Control explores the dilemma that has existed since the dawn of the nuclear age: How do you deploy weapons of mass destruction without being destroyed by them? That question has never been resolved—and Schlosser reveals how the combination of human fallibility and technological complexity still poses a grave risk to mankind. While the harms of global warming increasingly dominate the news, the equally dangerous yet more immediate threat of nuclear weapons has been largely forgotten.

http://www.arktimes.com/binary/6688/1369586693-command.jpg

My gramps worked in similar silos for god's sake! he could have been blown to bits!!!

HAARP - High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) was an ionospheric research program jointly funded by the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Navy, the University of Alaska, and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).[1]

Designed and built by BAE Advanced Technologies (BAEAT), its purpose is to analyze the ionosphere and investigate the potential for developing ionospheric enhancement technology for radio communications and surveillance.[2] The HAARP program operates a major sub-arctic facility, named the HAARP Research Station, on an Air Force–owned site near Gakona, Alaska.

The most prominent instrument at the HAARP Station is the Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high-power radio frequency transmitter facility operating in the high frequency (HF) band. The IRI is used to temporarily excite a limited area of the Ionosphere. Other instruments, such as a VHF and a UHF radar, a fluxgate magnetometer, a digisonde (an ionospheric sounding device), and an induction magnetometer, are used to study the physical processes that occur in the excited region.

Work on the HAARP Station began in 1993. The current working IRI was completed in 2007, and its prime contractor was BAE Systems Advanced Technologies.[1] As of 2008, HAARP had incurred around $250 million in tax-funded construction and operating costs.

HAARP has been blamed by conspiracy theorists for a range of events, including numerous natural disasters, outbreaks, global warming, global cooling, volcanoes, even assassinations of individuals. Commentators and scientists say that proponents of these theories are "uninformed" as most theories put forward fall well outside of the abilities or the facility and often outside the scope of natural science and defy physics.[3][4]

The HAARP facility was reported to be temporarily shut down in May 2013, awaiting a change of contractors.

What I want to know right now is, if BAE had HAARP taken away only this year, and I alleged that BAE could have been involved with 9-11, mind you, who is running it now?

And what the heck is up with all the craziness lately and the strange weather over the USA? Who is driving that thing?

Gamma Detectors

http://coldwar-ct.com/Blast_Detectors.html

Blast Detectors
Many fallout shelters and other hardened facilities, including AT&T bunkers, used a system that automatically sealed up the facility upon detection of a nuclear detonation.

From what we've been able to piece together, here is how they might have worked at the AT&T sites.

Over pressure blast detectors were used to trigger the closing mechanisms on the various access doors and air intakes on hardened structures. This was called the Inlet Blast Valve system. Blast valve units are installed in each opening of the facility and close under the positive blast over pressures listed in the unit specs. After closing they can be manually reset at the blast detection control panel. Each valve has its own detector although they were tied together in a system known as "sync-closing," one detection would trigger all valves to go closed.
The over pressure blast detectors work by measuring the static ambient pressure from the protected zone with zero wind or weather anomalies. This it the set point and a blast over pressure registered between the static sensor and the Valve mechanism activates or releases the spring tension and slams closed the air inlet blast valve. Most sites included Gamma detectors that were designed to detect the radiation wave as well. They were redundant systems, any detection, overpressure or Gamma would button-up the site at which point signals were sent to all Continental U.S. sites that a blast was detected, where it was, the size of the blast and wind speed and direction. Sites within 250 miles of any detection would go to Auto-Lock down.
Upon the sensing of the pressure wave all the valves would seal their openings to prevent entry of undesirable environmental conditions. The trigger could be natural as a large lightening strike or man made as a nuke blast. Many false alarms were recorded as the result of lightening strikes which gave the operators quite a concern.
All underground hardened AT&T sites were designed to withstand a blast 2 miles away but were not designed to take a Ground Zero hit. At first 50 psi over pressure was the spec but then some were de-rated to 30 and others down to 20 overpressure. Keep in mind an over pressure of + .5 psi could destroy a wood-frame house in 1 second. Radiation monitors were place in service during any activations of the Blast detection System.

Gamma detectors serve the purpose of providing a means of detecting a nuclear detonation before the blast wave or fallout arrives. One such site of which I am aware, if I am correct in my knowledge of these things, is the IceCube Neutrino Observatory in Antarctica. Another one of these radiation detectors is being built in the Mediterranean unless something changed. I think Israel was funding that one. I am not certain.

Some websites I looked at tonight said that gamma detectors were a fixture on the blast doors of AT&T communications bunkers. When they sensed a nuclear signature, the door would lock down and people would be trapped like Bugs Bunny. False positives, mostly from lightning storms, freaked the hell out of those poor operators and I am not sure if they are still using this lol dual redundant pressure/gamma door lock.

My guess is the majority of us civilians wouldn't get a warning or a bunker. hah bad joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IceCube_Neutrino_Observatory

The IceCube Neutrino Observatory (or simply IceCube) is a neutrino telescope constructed at the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station in Antarctica.[1] Its thousands of sensors are distributed over a cubic kilometre of volume under the antarctic ice. Similar to its predecessor, the Antarctic Muon And Neutrino Detector Array (AMANDA), IceCube consists of spherical optical sensors called Digital Optical Modules (DOMs), each with a photomultiplier tube (PMT)[2] and a single board data acquisition computer which sends digital data to the counting house on the surface above the array.[3] IceCube was completed on 18 December 2010, New Zealand time.[4]

DOMs are deployed on "strings" of sixty modules each at depths ranging from 1,450 to 2,450 meters, into holes melted in the ice using a hot water drill. IceCube is designed to look for point sources of neutrinos in the TeV range to explore the highest-energy astrophysical processes.

/rolleyes @ space... what about the northern, liek, hemi?

Are these Mother Humpers Linked to HAARPlike structures or other ABM thingies?

What I really really really want to know about Icecube and HAARP is whether they can activate a defense system before a nuclear bomb reaches the point where the bad stuff happens. I really don't know anything about that stuff, and I barely spent any time reading about that, but I do recall something about gamma and critical mass... hmm hmm. There is likely a signature given off by a hot incoming nuclear device that can be detected before the POS blows up in our faces.

I wanted to know if this was possible! Like, Cube sees it coming and HAARP fries it to a crispy critter or something of that nature, or bounces it off the atmosphere...

This shall conclude the random musings of a no one special in particular and I hope it provides countless hours of fun all around.

<3 Tesla_WTC_Solution

Tesla_WTC_Solution
18th September 2013, 05:33
In regards to the Challenger disaster, I just found this on a website:

http://web1.calbaptist.edu/dskubik/nasa.htm

"Because of this incident and defense contractor indictments, the Government Accountability Project was established in Washington, D. C. The office provides a staff, legal assistance, and pamphlets to help whistle-blowers working on government projects."

"On January 27, 1986, the day before the launch, [Thiokol engineer] Boisjoly attempted to halt the launch. However, four Thiokol managers, including Lund, voted unanimously to recommend the launch. One manager had urged Lund to "take off his engineering hat and put on his management hat." The managers then developed the following revised recommendations. Engineers were excluded from the final decision and the development of these findings."

This brings back memories of the recent Boeing scandal and comparison to Enron as well. Wikipedia puts those two giants in the same stew pot anyway.

Also worth noting:

http://sincedutch.wordpress.com/2013/06/05/652013-huntsville-radar-mystery-solved-bae-systems-raytheon-and-decibel-research-inc/

http://lightworkersxm.wordpress.com/category/haarp/

WHO in the world are Spraying : First Brought You What & Why : Raytheon, BAE systems HAARP ARCO : All these systems owned by The Rothschilds, Rockefellers & Royalty : Weather manipulation at its worst:
September 10, 2013lightworkersxmLeave a comment
4 Votes

Categories: HAARP, Modern war fare
Dutchsinse Versus Suspicious0bservers ; Planned HAARP Duality? Or genuine bitching from rivals? Take a look at Ben Davidson’s comments ; You make your own minds up:
August 5, 2013lightworkersxmLeave a comment
7 Votes

The only thing I can say about HARRP and Dutchsinse and Suspicious0bservers is this : So one has to ask this:

Is this a cabalistic desperation attempt to break into duality of light circles?

HAARP is real and used every day and is called something else ( EINSCAT in NORWAY AND UK ) in many other countries and the switching off of Gakona scandal reported last month did nothing to it’s cause and would not dent it’s worldwide abuse and what is more will be a great player in the next idiotic false flag planned very shortly.

It is owned by ARCO which is headed by the British Royal family and is very serious in all it’s guises and plays heavily with Chemtrails and the GIANT SEA BASED RIG HAARP SBX has been seen all over the oceans steering the Hurricanes we see today which makes sure the hurricanes hit cities ‘to order’. There is overwhelming evidence of this and you can actually tell where the machine is and in which oceans ( there are more than one HAARP SBX) due to it’s fingerprinting . This was finely pointed out by DutchSinse ( Michael) over many years to all the novices on the subject.

Also HAARP had a great role to play in the re-election of Barry Soetoro with Frankenstorm Sandy and appeared to be direct interference instructions from the zionists and Lizzie in the Palace to use the hurricane and vote rigging to combine confusion and chaos as Benjamin Fulford well explained in his Mid November 2012 Bullitin.

On face value Suspicious0bservers does not appear in any way spiritual as you will see in this clip and sounds very very egotistical which maybe explains why I turned off his bulletins some months ago :

My decision to stop looking at Suspicious0bservers Broadcasts was personal and my call about 2 months ago, to see this video mmm makes me wonder and stick to my decision protocol on deciding who is right for me or not.

I only see return threats in this video to Dutch’Since’s supposed threats ; This is classic duality at play and totally unearthly spiritual behaviour of our future : This is exactly how the cabal would like us to respond and behave and fall for the tricks.

So I asked that famous (or hopefully getting famous) simple question a lightworker should do in times of duality and confusion.

‘DOES THIS MAN APPEAR TO BE WORKING FOR THE LIGHT FROM THE HEART , AND DOES THIS ADVICE GIVE LIGHT FROM THE SOUL TO EVERYONE WHO NEEDS LIGHT? IS THIS THE WORK OF A LIGHTWORKER FREE TO ALL AND WITHOUT PREJUDICE AND AGENDA?

DutchSince site is OFF line on Youtube : Suspicious0bservers is not.

It appears that Ben Davidson may well be from a family of Hollywood stars and confirmation of this is important so please help if you can find this out.

DutchSinse offers intelligence and has been stopped and it is important to point out that he worked from the heart and even endured a separation from his wife over 12 months ago continuing his lightwork unabated as he believed in what he was doing so much.

From DutchSince I have learned so much and could write a book about it as you may see in my HAARP link to the side of this page.

Any way : think for yourselves please,

The truth is all coming out now and there is nowhere for the cabalists to hide.

Jesse Ventura : Alfred Webre : Obama is a manchurian candidate and they are collaborators : BP gave 500M to Obama’s Director of Energy : BP is running the United States energy system: With Ill intent
July 11, 2013

popular science article about haarp

http://arcticcircle.uconn.edu/VirtualClassroom/HAARP/acf.html

HAARP Knock, Knock, Knocking
on Heaven's Door

A new research installation is beaming powerful radioactive energy into the upper atmosphere. Exploring conventional and exotic military uses of the air waves towards its goals.

At a remote facility ringed with barbed wire, a brand-new array of 36 antennas rises from the black spruce forest that stretches hundreds of miles across central Alaska. Completed December 1994 and now undergoing testing, the antenna field is the visible part of a powerful and sophisticated high-frequency radio transmitter designed to transform areas of the upper atmosphere into the equivalent of huge lenses, mirrors, and antennas.

This little-known Pentagon-sponsored radiophysics project, called the High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP), is officially intended to expand knowledge about the nature of long-range radio communications and surveillance using the fluctuating ionosphere - the portion of the upper atmosphere extending from 35 to 500 miles above earth's surface. [see: Way Up in the Ionosphere]

According to program manager John L. Heckscher of the Phillips Laboratory at Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts, potential military applications of the HAARP research include developing Department of Defense technology for detecting cruise missiles and communicating with submarines. "Although HAARP is being managed by the Air Force and Navy, it is purely a scientific research facility that poses no threat to potential dversaries and has no value as a military target," he says.

But that's just the publicly announced part of the program. HAARP also has a secret agenda: pursuing more exotic military goals, such as locating deeply buried weapons factories thousands of miles away and even altering the local weather above an enemy's territory.

A 1990 internal document obtained by POPULAR SCIENCE says the program's overall goal is to "control ionospheric processes in such a way as to greatly improve the performance of military command, control, and communications systems." It provides a description of the following applications:

Injecting high-frequency radio energy into the ionosphere to create huge, extremely low frequency (ELF) virtual antennas used for earth-penetrating tomography peering deep beneath the surface of the ground by collecting and analyzing reflected ELF waves beamed down from above.
Heating regions of the lower and upper ionosphere to form virtual "lertses" and "mirrors" that can reflect a broad range of radio frequencies far over the horizon to detect stealthy cruise missiles and aircraft.
Generating ELF radio waves in the ionosphere to communicate across large distances with deeply submerged submarines.
And, patent documents filed during an earlier research effort that evolved into the HAARP program outline further military applications of ionospheric-heating technology:
Creating a "full global shield" that would destroy ballistic missiles by overheating their electronic guidance systems as they fly through a powerful radio-energy field.
Distinguishing nuclear warheads from decoys by sensing their elemental composition.
Manipulating local weather.
When the full HAARP facility is constructed, it will include several sensing and analysis systems. At its heart is the antenna field, which now is a demonstration version of a larger planned array named the ionospheric research instrument (IRI), which will include 360 antennas. The IRI is designed to temporarily modify 30-mile diameter patches of the upper atmosphere by excit ing, or "heating," their constituent electrons and ions with focused beams of powerful, highfrequency radio energy. A household analogy would be a microwave oven, which heats dinner by exciting the food's water molecules with microwave energy.
Earth-penetrating tomography is a startling potential use of ionospheric heating. The method would work by beaming radio energy into the Auroral electrojet, the curved, charged-particle stream formed at high latitudes where the solar wind interacts with Earth's magnetic field. The radio energy then disperses over large areas through ductlike regions of the ionosphere, forming a virtual antenna that can be thousands of miles in length.

Such an ELF antenna can emit waves penetrating as deeply as several kilometers into the ground, depending on the geological makeup and subsurface water conditions in a targeted area. Aircraft or satellites stationed overhead would then collect the reflected ELF waves and relay them to computers at a processing station, where subsurface inhomogeneities that trace the outlines of structures suchas underground weapons facilities can be imaged. North Korea and Iraq, where buried nuclear weapons labs are believed to exist, would be prime candidates for earth-penetrating tomography surveillance.

Virtual lenses and mirrors will be generated in the ionosphere, if the IRI works as intended. By precisely warming a patch of the lower ionosphere the IRI reduces its density relative to the surrounding atmosphere. An "ionospheric lens" thus formed can in turn focus a radio beam into the upper ionosphere [see drawing]. Normally, most high-frequency radio waves broadcast from the ground are absorbed or scattered in the lower ionosphere, and few of them reach such high altitudes.

Next, the focused radio beam excites a patch of Soothe upper ionosphere to form a virtual mirror. Finally, a radio-communication signal broadcast by the IRI, focused through the lens and reflected from the mirror, can be directed far over the horizon.

Virtual lenses and mirrors could also be used to scan a blanket of very low frequency (VLF) radio waves transmitted by an over-the-horizon radar. Although they reflect little VLF energy, stealth aircraft can appear from above as "holes in the blanket," thus betraying their position.

Deeply submerged submarines can receive secure messages through ELF radio communication. But the antenna needed to generate a desirable transmission frequency such as 30Hz must be more than 1,200 miles long. Real estate parcels this shape are hard to come by on the ground, but not in the air. As in the case of earthpenetrating tomography, high-frequency radio energy transmitted into the Auroral electrojet can form a submarine communications ELF antenna thousands of miles long. Consequently, HAARP can beam ELF waves at nearly any portion of the Northern Hemisphere by using oblique heating.

The full global shield is an exotic proposal for an Earth-encompassing shell of high-speed electrons and ions that would be generated by a much more powerful version of HAARP. Any missile or warhead passing through the protective shell would explode. Or, a "soft-kill" weapon system using ELF waves produced by HAARP heating could be used to overload power-distribution grids and destroy unshielded microelectronics using electromagnetic pulse energy similar to that released by a high-altitude nuclear explosion.

Real nuclear warheads and decoys, or the constituent materials of unfamiliar satellites, could be remotely distinguished in flight by bathing them in accelerated electrons. Analyzing the electromagnetic signal returns would reveal their elemental composition.

Weather manipulation may be possible by building an ionospheric heater a thousandfold more powerful than HAARP. Differential heating of areas of the atmosphere could induce local weather conditions, such as floods or droughts, useful to the military. Smooth seas might suddenly be raked by treacherous squalls, creating or denying a tactical advantage.

Other elements that will be installed at the HAARP facility include a 120-foot diameter incoherent-scatter radar dish, a Laser Detection and Ranging Device (LIDAR), a magnetometer, and other optical and infrared instruments designed to analyze low-level light emissions induced in IRI-heated regions of the ionosphere. In all, HAARP's assemblage of transmitters, receivers, computers, and advanced signal-processing methods places it on the cutting edge of high-energy radio-physics research.

The program is managed by the USAF Phillips Laboratory and the Office of Naval Research. Equipment is supplied by Advanced Power Technologies, a Washington, DC-based subsidiary of E-Systems of Dallas, a longtime maker of electronics used in ultra-secret projects such as signals-intelligence satellites and the President's E-4B "doomsday plane," which is designed to serve as an airborne White House in the event of nuclear war.

Initial work on HAARP was begun in the mid1980s by Atlantic Richfield Corporation's subsidiary, ARCO Production Technologies Corporation, and its then-president, physicist Bernard Eastlund. ARCO wanted to find an onsite demand for the enormous amounts of Alaskan natural gas it owns. So it cooked up an energy intensive idea.

Eastlund worked under contract for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (now called ARPA) and was awarded three patents one of which was classified until 1991 for inventions dealing with ionospheric modification. One of the most grandiose systems described in his patents is a 40-mile square, HAARP-like radio transmitter that would have used huge amounts of electric power generated by turbines burning natural gas drawn from the vast North Slope reserves. "Full global shield" was conceived to wipe out the guidance systems of missiles in flight anywhere in the world.

"I founded and led the ARCO program until 1987," Eastlund says. "About that time Edward Teller visited Robert Hirsch, the ARCO vice president who had hired me. I don't know the direct results of that discussion, but shortly thereafter new [secret] initiatives began which I was not privy to, and I declined further involvement."

Teller is a co-designer of the hydrogen bomb and was the arch-proponent of the now-abandoned X-ray-laser the centerpiece of Ronald Reagan's Star molars missile-defense program. Asked about his involvement in the beginnings of HAARP, Teller responded "I have no idea about that. I don't remember anything about it."

Although it is much smaller than a "full global shield" system, Eastlund says, "HAARP is the perfect first step toward a plan like mine. Advances in phased-array transmitter technology and power generation can produce the field strength required. The government will say it isn't so, but if it quacks like a duck, and it looks like a duck - there's a good chance it is a duck."

Advanced Power Technologies president Ramy Shanny declined to comment on Eastlund's claims. And the Defense Department is making no effort to dispel the impression that Eastlund's story might sound a bit like science fiction. "HAARP certainly does not have anything to do with Eastlund's thing, that is just crazy," says Heckscher. "What we have here is a premier scientific research facility with military applications."

Richard Williams, a physical chemist and consultant to the Sarnoff Laboratory at Princeton dJniversity, sees things differently. "Eastlund is an intellectual ace and a technologically savvy guy," he says, "though there is a bit of Dr. Strangelove in him."

Speculation and controversy surround the question of whether HAARP's 1.7 gigawatts (1.7 billion watts) of effective radiated power in the 2.8to 10MHz frequency range might cause lasting damage to Earth's upper atmosphere. By comparison, the energy level is more than 3,000 times greater than the biggest commercial AM radio transmitters.

"HAARP will dump enormous amounts of energy into the upper atmosphere. We don't know what will happen," says Williams. "My concern is its effect on a global scale - you can't localize the effects. With experiments on this scale, irreparable damage could be done in a short time. The immediate need is for open discussion. To do otherwise would be an act of global vandalism."

Eastlund himself observes that "There has never been a transmitter of this power in this frequency band. It would be wise to assess its impact."

The 440-page HAARP environmental-impact statement filed by the Air Force says that the normally upward-directed IRI transmissions can raise the internal body temperature of nearby people; ignite road flares in the trunks of cars; detonate aerial munitions that use electronic fuses; and scramble aircraft communications, navigation, and flight-control systems.

Program officials insist that the facility will operate safely during the four or five 14-day transmitting "campaigns" scheduled yearly. An integral part of the HAARP design is a system programmed to automatically cease transmitter operation if nearby aircraft are detected. The chain-link fence is designed to keep visitors from ending up in the path of a low-angle beam.

For decades, high-frequency heaters around the globe have been operated by researchers studying how the injection of radio energy affects the ionosphere, and the process by which the upper atmosphere recovers from the disturbance. These include transmitters in Tromso, Norway, which are operated by Germany's Max Planck Institute; Nizhny-Novgorod, Russia, and Dushanbe, Tadzhikistan, which are manned by Russian scientists; and U.S. facilities at Arecibo, Puerto Rico, and Fairbanks, Alaska.

HAARP's power output nearly twice that of any other ionospheric heater combined with the rapid beam-steering ability and broad frequency range of its transmitter, will permit the IRI to modify higher-altitude areas of the ionosphere from greater distances than ever. A bank of six 2.5megawatt, 3,600-horsepower diesel generators powers the IRI prototype, while the rest of the facility taps electricity from a nearby power line.

Some prominent experts are unmoved by talk of HAARP's possibly dire effects. The dean of American space scientists, James Van Allen, professor of physics at the University of Iowa and discoverer of the Earth-girdling radiation belts that bear his name, says "Every time you turn on a radio transmitter you modify the ionosphere. HAARP will perturb the ionosphere markedly for an hour, or maybe even a day, or perhaps at most a month. I don't see any deleterious effects other than on local communications."

Van Allen says five decades of research have given him a feeling for the minute scale of influence humans have on the cosmos. "There is nothing that we as men can do that does not pale in comparison to the forces of nature."

Alfred Y. Wong, professor of physics at UCLA and director of the high-power active-stimulation ionospheric heater HAARP's little brother located in Fairbanks, Alaska, simulates ionospheric conditions in an atmospheric chamber at his Los Angeles laboratory. The device subjects electrons and ions to high-frequency radio heating, replicating the effects of HAARP. "We understand most of the fundamental mechanisms that underlie ionospheric heating. In chamber simulations we've conducted very detailed studies with reproducible results. We put probes in the chamber to study this. We found no negative effects," he says.

Wong believes HAARP could be used for environmental mitigation efforts, such as accelerating chlorine atoms into interplanetary space to prevent them from degrading Earth's vital upper-atmospheric ozone layer. Though he acknowledges potential offensive military uses of HAARP, Wong believes no harm will occur from its operations. "I don't see any problems, only surprises," he says. "That's why we do research."

Others harbor a strong distrust of the program. A local organization called No HAARP firmly opposes the project on environmental and communications-disruption grounds. "This is not good science," contends retired ARCO Production Technologies employee Clare Zickuhr, who leads the group. "They have no idea what this thing could do to the ionosphere. To put this in the hands of the military scares the hell out of me."

HAARP has proceeded full-steam ahead since its inception in 1990. The total amount of money spent over the past six years exceeds $58 million and may reach nearly $200 million by the end of the decade, when the installation is scheduled to be completed. The effort is a "congressional specialinterest program," meaning that supporters in Congress request funds for it on behalf of the Air Force and Navy.

Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) is a staunch supporter of the program. Other Alaska state officials, however, have not been briefed about HAARP by the military. Asked about the program, a spokesman for Governor Tony Knowles replied, "We have no idea what you are talking about." State Representative Jeanette James, whose district surrounds the HAARP site, has repeatedly asked Air Force officials about the project and has been told "not to worry," she says. "My gut feeling is that it is frightening. I'm skeptical. I don't think they know what they are doing."

This not the last we will hear of HAARP. Whether or not the program's sponsors understand its long-term effects, they appear to feel that the potential for useful military payoffs makes it worth taking some political heat although they may not have expected to attract any attention way out back in Alaska's sub-Arctic taiga.

Tesla_WTC_Solution
18th September 2013, 05:48
aOMVdOc9UbE

"what does russian woodpecker sound like"

Sound clip of sound transmitted by DUGA-3

Najd2 Najd2·40 videos
Subscribe 52
Like 226 Dislike 15
Like I dislike this About Share Add to Statistics Report
Uploaded on Dec 7, 2008
The Russian Woodpecker was a notorious Soviet signal that could be heard on the shortwave radio bands worldwide between July 1976 and December 1989. It sounded like a sharp, repetitive tapping noise, at 10 Hz, giving rise to the "Woodpecker" name.

G-DytapvvlY

Chernobyl-2 Exclusive: RT at secret Soviet facility inside dead zone

RT RT ·20,024 videos
Subscribe 1,076,539
Like 337 Dislike 7
Like I dislike this About Share Add to Transcript Statistics Report
Uploaded on Apr 22, 2011
It was the world's worst nuclear disaster, but 25 years on, the battle to contain it continues. Building a new sarcophagus over the Chernobyl site is the most pressing issue, as a meeting of donor countries is held in Ukraine.

RT on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RTnews
RT on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RT_com
Category
News & Politics
License
Standard YouTube License

Harley
18th September 2013, 11:23
Nice bit of work you've done there!

What I want to know right now is, if BAE had HAARP taken away only this year, and I alleged that BAE could have been involved with 9-11, mind you, who is running it now?

See if anything here may help. :)

My scope of experience in the Air Force ('70's to '80's) included VLF/LF Communications Testing and Research, and my scope of experience after that (with DOD Contractors) included Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility (EMC/EMI) Research and Testing. Since I retired in '07 the system has advanced and morphed into something far larger then I knew.

To be very brief:

* In the early '60's: Research actually began with the Arecibo Radio Telescope, which was originally designed and operated by Cornell University with the intention of studying the Earth's ionosphere.

* In the '70's: The Air Force and Navy was conducting research to improve Strategic (World-Wide) VLF/LF Communications with submerged submarines.

* In the '80's: Due to observations and discoveries made in conjunction with Arecibo and military VLF/LF installations around the world, the two programs were merged.

* In the '90's: Assigned under DAARPA (military) and the University of Alaska (civilian), a research facility was constructed on US Air Force property at Gakona, Alaska - Designation HAARP.

Since then many more agencies have jumped on-board, such as NOAA, USGS, NASA, DIA, and others.

Tesla_WTC_Solution
18th September 2013, 17:04
Since then many more agencies have jumped on-board, such as NOAA, USGS, NASA, DIA, and others.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. It's hard to know what to say about those!!
Michael Crichton's SPHERE novel said that HAARPlike things can send radio transmissions to underwater laboratories and to submarines.
The C3 communications page on Wikipedia mentions communications with submarines as well. I would imagine those subs are part of a nuclear solution :(

USGS is a mystifiying alliance. Could it be possible that USGS receives imaging privileges, looking for things like empty chambers (i.e. minerals, metals, fuel deposits) and other things that can be pinged or identified by a certain energy signature? Or do they like to watch for ionization in the clouds, as was seen before that big quake in China?
People said they could see rainbow shimmers in the sky over China that day. Also there is the GOCE satellite feed, which I would imagine is also important to predicting events.

NASA makes sense if it's part of defense somehow, but gosh, I thought they were supposed to start doing more civilian-friendly PC missions. I didn't realize when I was a kid that Challenger was going to be used to launch spy satellites. it's kind of disappointing. I don't know what to think about the ORing story either.

DIA - isn't that Denver? Hmmmm most curious I must say! @_@

Thanks a million for sharing that, btw!

Tesla_WTC_Solution
19th September 2013, 03:32
Hmm. Apparently the Navy shooter guy was concerned about ELF (extremely low frequency) warfare and wrote a message on his shotgun,

Associated Press ALICIA A. CALDWELL 4 hours ago

Aaron Alexis: The Man Behind the Washington Navy Y …Play video."Aaron Alexis: The Man Behind the Washington Navy Yard …
WASHINGTON (AP) — A Navy contractor who shot 12 people to death at the Washington Navy Yard left a cryptic message on a shotgun he used in the massacre.

That's according to a law enforcement document reviewed by The Associated Press. The document says the messages were — quote — "better off this way" and — quote — "my ELF weapon."

http://news.yahoo.com/navy-contractor-left-cryptic-messages-shotgun-223928155--politics.html

Tesla_WTC_Solution
19th September 2013, 04:53
http://www.fas.org/spp/military/docops/usaf/2025/v3c15/v3c15-1.htm

Weather as a Force Multiplier:
Owning the Weather in 2025

http://www.fas.org/spp/military/docops/usaf/2025/v3c15/IMG00001.GIF

A Research Paper

Presented To

Air Force 2025

by

Col Tamzy J. House
Lt Col James B. Near, Jr.
LTC William B. Shields (USA)
Maj Ronald J. Celentano
Maj David M. Husband
Maj Ann E. Mercer
Maj James E. Pugh

August 1996

2025 is a study designed to comply with a directive from the chief of staff of the Air Force to examine the concepts, capabilities, and technologies the United States will require to remain the dominant air and space force in the future. Presented on 17 June 1996, this report was produced in the Department of Defense school environment of academic freedom and in the interest of advancing concepts related to national defense. The views expressed in this report are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of the United States Air Force, Department of Defense, or the United States government.

This report contains fictional representations of future situations/scenarios. Any similarities to real people or events, other than those specifically cited, are unintentional and are for purposes of illustration only.

This publication has been reviewed by security and policy review authorities, is unclassified, and is cleared for public release.

Contents

Chapter

Disclaimer
Illustrations
Tables
Acknowledgments
Executive Summary
Introduction
Required Capability
Why Would We Want to Mess with the Weather?
What Do We Mean by "Weather-modification"?
System Description
The Global Weather Network
Applying Weather-modification to Military Operations
Concept of Operations
Precipitation
Fog
Storms
Exploitation of "NearSpace" for Space Control
Opportunities Afforded by Space Weather-modification
Communications Dominance via Ionospheric Modification
Artificial Weather
Concept of Operations Summary
Investigation Recommendations
How Do We Get There From Here?
Conclusions
Appendix
A Why Is the Ionosphere Important?
B Research to Better Understand and Predict Ionospheric Effects
C Acronyms and Definitions

Bibliography
Notes
Illustrations

Figure

3-1. Global Weather Network
3-2. The Military System for Weather-Modification Operations
4-1. Crossed-Beam Approach for Generating an Artificial Ionospheric Mirror
4-2. Artificial Ionospheric Mirrors Point-to-Point Communications
4-3. Artificial Ionospheric Mirror Over-the-Horizon Surveillance Concept
4-4. Scenarios for Telecommunications Degradation
5-1. A Core Competency Road Map to Weather Modification in 2025
5-2. A Systems Development Road Map to Weather Modification in 2025
Tables

Table

1 - Operational Capabilities Matrix

Acknowledgments

We express our appreciation to Mr Mike McKim of Air War College who provided a wealth of technical expertise and innovative ideas that significantly contributed to our paper. We are also especially grateful for the devoted support of our families during this research project. Their understanding and patience during the demanding research period were crucial to the project's success.

Executive Summary

In 2025, US aerospace forces can "own the weather" by capitalizing on emerging technologies and focusing development of those technologies to war-fighting applications. Such a capability offers the war fighter tools to shape the battlespace in ways never before possible. It provides opportunities to impact operations across the full spectrum of conflict and is pertinent to all possible futures. The purpose of this paper is to outline a strategy for the use of a future weather-modification system to achieve military objectives rather than to provide a detailed technical road map.

A high-risk, high-reward endeavor, weather-modification offers a dilemma not unlike the splitting of the atom. While some segments of society will always be reluctant to examine controversial issues such as weather-modification, the tremendous military capabilities that could result from this field are ignored at our own peril. From enhancing friendly operations or disrupting those of the enemy via small-scale tailoring of natural weather patterns to complete dominance of global communications and counterspace control, weather-modification offers the war fighter a wide-range of possible options to defeat or coerce an adversary. Some of the potential capabilities a weather-modification system could provide to a war-fighting commander in chief (CINC) are listed in table 1.

Technology advancements in five major areas are necessary for an integrated weather-modification capability: (1) advanced nonlinear modeling techniques, (2) computational capability, (3) information gathering and transmission, (4) a global sensor array, and (5) weather intervention techniques. Some intervention tools exist today and others may be developed and refined in the future.

Table 1 - Operational Capabilities Matrix

DEGRADE ENEMY FORCES..................... ENHANCE FRIENDLY FORCES
Precipitation Enhancement ...................Precipitation Avoidance
- Flood Lines of Communication ...........- Maintain/Improve LOC
- Reduce PGM/Recce Effectiveness .........- Maintain Visibility
- Decrease Comfort Level/Morale .........- Maintain Comfort Level/Morale
Storm Enhancement ............................Storm Modification
- Deny Operations ...........................- Choose Battlespace Environment
Precipitation Denial ..........................Space Weather
- Deny Fresh Water ...........................- Improve Communication Reliability
-- Induce Drought ...........................- Intercept Enemy Transmissions
Space Weather .........................................- Revitalize Space Assets
- Disrupt Communications/Radar....................... Fog and Cloud Generation
- Disable/Destroy Space Assets................................ - Increase Concealment
Fog and Cloud Removal................................... Fog and Cloud Removal
- Deny Concealment ..............................- Maintain Airfield Operations
- Increase Vulnerability to PGM/Recce................ - Enhance PGM Effectiveness
Detect Hostile Weather Activities ...................Defend against Enemy Capabilities

Current technologies that will mature over the next 30 years will offer anyone who has the necessary resources the ability to modify weather patterns and their corresponding effects, at least on the local scale. Current demographic, economic, and environmental trends will create global stresses that provide the impetus necessary for many countries or groups to turn this weather-modification ability into a capability.

In the United States, weather-modification will likely become a part of national security policy with both domestic and international applications. Our government will pursue such a policy, depending on its interests, at various levels. These levels could include unilateral actions, participation in a security framework such as NATO, membership in an international organization such as the UN, or participation in a coalition. Assuming that in 2025 our national security strategy includes weather-modification, its use in our national military strategy will naturally follow. Besides the significant benefits an operational capability would provide, another motivation to pursue weather-modification is to deter and counter potential adversaries.

In this paper we show that appropriate application of weather-modification can provide battlespace dominance to a degree never before imagined. In the future, such operations will enhance air and space superiority and provide new options for battlespace shaping and battlespace awareness.1 "The technology is there, waiting for us to pull it all together;"2 in 2025 we can "Own the Weather."

Chapter 1
Introduction

Scenario: Imagine that in 2025 the US is fighting a rich, but now consolidated, politically powerful drug cartel in South America. The cartel has purchased hundreds of Russian-and Chinese-built fighters that have successfully thwarted our attempts to attack their production facilities. With their local numerical superiority and interior lines, the cartel is launching more than 10 aircraft for every one of ours. In addition, the cartel is using the French system probatoire d' observation de la terre (SPOT) positioning and tracking imagery systems, which in 2025 are capable of transmitting near-real-time, multispectral imagery with 1 meter resolution. The US wishes to engage the enemy on an uneven playing field in order to exploit the full potential of our aircraft and munitions.

Meteorological analysis reveals that equatorial South America typically has afternoon thunderstorms on a daily basis throughout the year. Our intelligence has confirmed that cartel pilots are reluctant to fly in or near thunderstorms. Therefore, our weather force support element (WFSE), which is a part of the commander in chief's (CINC) air operations center (AOC), is tasked to forecast storm paths and trigger or intensify thunderstorm cells over critical target areas that the enemy must defend with their aircraft. Since our aircraft in 2025 have all-weather capability, the thunderstorm threat is minimal to our forces, and we can effectively and decisively control the sky over the target.

The WFSE has the necessary sensor and communication capabilities to observe, detect, and act on weather-modification requirements to support US military objectives. These capabilities are part of an advanced battle area system that supports the war-fighting CINC. In our scenario, the CINC tasks the WFSE to conduct storm intensification and concealment operations. The WFSE models the atmospheric conditions to forecast, with 90 percent confidence, the likelihood of successful modification using airborne cloud generation and seeding.

In 2025, uninhabited aerospace vehicles (UAV) are routinely used for weather-modification operations. By cross-referencing desired attack times with wind and thunderstorm forecasts and the SPOT satellite's projected orbit, the WFSE generates mission profiles for each UAV. The WFSE guides each UAV using near-real-time information from a networked sensor array.

Prior to the attack, which is coordinated with forecasted weather conditions, the UAVs begin cloud generation and seeding operations. UAVs disperse a cirrus shield to deny enemy visual and infrared (IR) surveillance. Simultaneously, microwave heaters create localized scintillation to disrupt active sensing via synthetic aperture radar (SAR) systems such as the commercially available Canadian search and rescue satellite-aided tracking (SARSAT) that will be widely available in 2025. Other cloud seeding operations cause a developing thunderstorm to intensify over the target, severely limiting the enemy's capability to defend. The WFSE monitors the entire operation in real-time and notes the successful completion of another very important but routine weather-modification mission.

This scenario may seem far-fetched, but by 2025 it is within the realm of possibility. The next chapter explores the reasons for weather-modification, defines the scope, and examines trends that will make it possible in the next 30 years.

Contents | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | A, B & C | Bibliography

http://www.fas.org/spp/military/docops/usaf/2025/v3c15/v3c15-1.htm

Last updated: 11 December 1996

Tesla_WTC_Solution
21st September 2013, 15:45
The Day We Almost Nuked North Carolina

http://news.yahoo.com/atom-bomb-nearly-exploded-over-north-carolina-1961-230654850.html

Atom bomb nearly exploded over North Carolina in 1961: UK paper

LONDON (Reuters) - A U.S. atom bomb nearly exploded in 1961 over North Carolina that would have been 260 times more powerful than the device that devastated Hiroshima, according to a declassified document published in a British newspaper on Friday.

The Guardian newspaper said the document, obtained by investigative journalist Eric Schlosser under the Freedom of Information Act, gave the first conclusive evidence that the United States came close to a disaster in January 1961.

The incident happened when two Mark 39 hydrogen bombs were accidentally dropped over Goldsboro, North Carolina, after a B-52 bomber broke up in midair.

There has been persistent speculation about how serious the incident was and the U.S. government has repeatedly denied its nuclear arsenal put Americans' lives at risk through safety flaws, the newspaper said.

But the newly published document said one of the two bombs behaved exactly in the manner of a nuclear weapon in wartime, with its parachute opening and its trigger mechanisms engaged. Only one low-voltage switch prevented a cataclysm.

Fallout could have spread over Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia and even New York City, the paper said, threatening the lives of millions of people.

In the document, Parker Jones, a senior engineer in the Sandia National Laboratories responsible for the mechanical safety of nuclear weapons, concluded that "one simple, dynamo-technology, low-voltage switch stood between the United States and a major catastrophe."

Jones' report, titled "Goldsboro Revisited or: How I Learned to Mistrust the H-Bomb," was written eight years after the accident in which one hydrogen bomb fell into a field near Faro, North Carolina, and the other into a meadow.

He found that three of four safety mechanisms designed to prevent unintended detonation failed to operate properly in the Faro bomb.

When the bomb hit the ground, a firing signal was sent to the nuclear core of the device and it was only the final, highly vulnerable switch that averted a disaster.

"The MK 39 Mod 2 bomb did not possess adequate safety for the airborne alert role in the B-52," Jones concluded.

The Guardian said the document was found by Schlosser as he was researching a new book on the nuclear arms race, "Command and Control."

(Reporting by Belinda Goldsmith; Editing by Xavier Briand)