PDA

View Full Version : Art is Magic

dianna
18th September 2013, 15:39
Alan Moore's fascinating description of Artist as Magician

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdNbocU6wKc

Kristin
18th September 2013, 15:58
Beautiful video and lovely. I suggest this to any artist of any medium to help us understand our responsibility. Thank you for posting this.

From the Heart,
Kristin

dianna
18th September 2013, 16:24
I like the term he uses "Scribe Gods"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw1Sv04YQS4

CD7
19th September 2013, 00:24
Thanks! I love the videos....very interesting chap! I want him to be my professor at Hogwarts, hehe

Deep individual and I have thought about art/creation as being a very important tool for humanity...and something tht could be cultivated among all

The diminishment and lack of cultivation in this area among the youth SPEAKS VOLUMNS to me.

To exercise the ability to create within consciousness first and then see it formed in the physical world is a great thing to accomplish. And for the love of pete, does anyone have to spell out why such a thing WOULD NOT MIX WITH THE SYSTEM NOW... Everyone learning to create their own life...lol, tht would be deplorable!!

norman
19th September 2013, 00:42
Thanks! I love the videos....very interesting chap! I want him to be my professor at Hogwarts, hehe

Deep individual and I have thought about art/creation as being a very important tool for humanity...and something tht could be cultivated among all

The diminishment and lack of cultivation in this area among the youth SPEAKS VOLUMNS to me.

To exercise the ability to create within consciousness first and then see it formed in the physical world is a great thing to accomplish. And for the love of pete, does anyone have to spell out why such a thing WOULD NOT MIX WITH THE SYSTEM NOW... Everyone learning to create their own life...lol, tht would be deplorable!!

I like the point he makes about the audience getting what it needs from art rather than what it wants. And that if there was no one left in the audience that still needed it, they wouldn't be an audience any more, they'd all be the artists.

The idea that there are no more big shots or gurus or special talents is something that really surfaced with the rave/ecstasy scene. The look on the face of very happy people "who get it", is amazing, I just have a problem with the fact that most of them were off their trolleys clutching the life saving obligatory bottle of water.

As ever, the drug short cut has to be done with great care. I'd say more than half the young people don't use enough care and respect for what they are doing. The casualties provide more than enough statistical data for the critics to score a home run on the issues every time.

I have a kind of phobia about 'magic'. I'm actually really quite scared of it. I've had a couple of frightening experiences with people who seemed to be dabbling with it.

Alan Moor's view is a refreshing and inspiring fresh look at the whole idea of magic for me again.

Poly Hedra
19th September 2013, 00:48
Thanks, this video is exactly what I wanted to see at this exact moment in time. For so many reasons. I truly believe that art is magic and I think about it a lot!

william r sanford72
19th September 2013, 00:57
i really like alan moore and have his work here at home.hes also a wonderful storyteller.always thought he was a bit of a recluse??..and was surprised to find this thread.and vids.cant wait to chck them out.

araucaria
19th September 2013, 07:27
Anyone posting on this forum needs to be an artist too. Writing becomes creative whenever the process involved in stringing words into sentences and sentences into paragraphs takes you to unexpected places. There is the joke about the lady who said ‘How can I know what I think until I see what I’ve said?’ That is the sort of process we are talking about: your post is richer than the thought that stirred you to write in the first place. The writing of the thought both satisfies the original urge to write and explains why you had it at all.

Conchis
19th September 2013, 10:20
And so, once upon a time, I ventured off to learn NLP. I draw pictures now, but back then I used words. We are all artists. We all weave our webs of thoughts for others to get tangled within. Very interesting video that I'm really glad I got to watch.