PDA

View Full Version : They're watching you!

Dorjezigzag
20th September 2013, 17:29
Rent in London is so high, along with various stealth taxes it has become unliveable; apparently it is the second most expensive in the world after Monaco which is a tax haven for the super-rich,.

There used to be a whole culture of squatting but this is now been made illegal for residential properties. There is a legal way to have decreased rent by guarding properties, which sounds great in theory but of course even this has become corrupted by those just interested in profit and not the welfare of the residents.

Any way I have been involved in just such a scheme and the downside is that you can be frequently moved around with little notice and where you are placed can be a bit of a lottery. Sometimes you are lucky and get amazing places in great areas, with celebrity neighbours (maybe not always a positive!), other times you literally fall of the property ladder.

Anyway I was in a really nice place and got my marching orders, at the time I was working on a song with a friend, from words I had written some time before. The song was about the whole reality T.V. culture and how we are all, without our consent, becoming a part of this culture, as where ever you go there are surveillance cameras, either Govt ones or those of your friends, who want to plaster your life on Facebook or other social media.

The place I was to move was one of the many Govt buildings that have been shut down for cuts, which I was quite pleased about as it would have lots of space for me to do my Art work. Anyway the particular room I was to move into was still full of junk, which actually put me in a really unsafe situation, so I had to move into another Office.

I could not believe it when I found out that this building was the former CCTV office for a certain London Borough. There was a huge server in one of the rooms that emitted an annoying hum and I thought about pulling out the plug, thinking that there was no way that this could still be the central server, but about a week later a frantic man arrived at my place, sweating and in a state of panic carrying heavy duty masking tape and he proceeded to tape the plug into the socket and told me that I should not under any circumstance remove this plug as it was still functioning and he also taped a big note to this effect.

My friends found it hilarious knowing my views and history that I was living in a former CCTV office whose server was still operational and the synchronicity gave us the incentive to finish the song that I was working on. It is so ironic that a song drawing attention to the evils of surveillance culture was partly written in a CCTV office .

The song remained unproduced and had just been played live, but with all the recent Edward Snowden revelations, whereby even mainstream media are now accepting that virtually nothing is private anymore, we thought we would try and develop it further as I thought it could be a great song that expresses this concern but in a fun way.

So below is where we are now, there has been some really talented people that have worked on this, I am sure they would be fine about me revealing their names, but seeing as I currently choose to go incognito it would be unfair at this stage to reveal theirs.

It is a unique fusion of Jazz, classical and pop, but it is definitely not bubble-gum as it has some edge. I think most on this site will get the video.

Personally I think there can be good music in all genres but I know a lot of people on this site have different musical tastes, with a lot of rock fans but please have an open mind about a song that is trying to express a genuine concern, without being too earnest, about the direction of current culture, or vulture culture.

Enjoy!;)

qttB6JN4488

jagman
20th September 2013, 17:57
I thought it was really well done. The singer has a good voice. The video was interesting.

Lifebringer
20th September 2013, 18:47
Turn the tables and watch them back, sweat them like paparazzi.

aranuk
20th September 2013, 18:53
Great stuff there Dorj. Amazing video production. Professional work of art.

Stan

Dorjezigzag
20th September 2013, 21:00
Thanks for the compliments. its great you all got something out of it.

I like the line 'sweat them like paparazzi'.

Carmen
20th September 2013, 21:15
When we pass this life we get to have a 'light review'. Those that don't get stuck in the astral realms endlessly repeating their addictions that is! In this 'light review' our whole life is played out before us, everything we have ever done, whether or not we thought it was secret or private. We see it all, and squirm with the embarrassment of it or delight in good deeds done. This is not judged by anyone else but us. We get to see what we did to others and what was done to us. At the moment we are 'the all' and nothing is missed. We see where we could have and should have done better!

The point I'm making here is that while we are alive we have the opportunity to clean up our act and 'become' the best we can be. Live our life as if all we do or think is written in the sky for all to see and all of it is of the highest calibre. We overcome our weaknesses, our addictions, our hatreds, our biases till all can be seen and our hearts can be weighed against a feather! So, then, we graduate from this school of hard knocks.

By the way, Great Song, can't get it out of my head now!

CD7
20th September 2013, 22:47
Great video, good music and I love the clip from "The dark crystal" ?

kersley
21st September 2013, 10:31
I really enjoyed reading your post and the song, video is just fab.. Now please PM me this address where this server is? where I will most certainly pull the plug maybe even steal it???

Sidney
21st September 2013, 12:12
Thats awesome!!! Love love love it.

Dorjezigzag
24th September 2013, 10:56
David Icke is talking about the spying issue today in this article

But hey, mainstream media and mainstream minds, there is no conspiracy to enslave the population and create a global Orwellian fascist state, so don’t worry, it’s all fine – some celebrity will be showing her tits in a ‘wardrobe malfunction’ any minute so you will have something really serious to think about.

Have you seen that new Apple thingy with the fingerprint access so that your fingerprints can be logged in a database? Real cool, I queued all night so I could get one a few hours before you.

Ain’t freedom great? God bless America, God save the Queen.

‘Take a Peek at How Widespread Spying Has Become

Even now – after all of the revelations by Edward Snowden and other whistleblowers – spying apologists say that the reports are “exaggerated” or “overblown”, and that the government only spies on potential bad guys.

In reality, the government is spying on everyone’s digital and old-fashioned communications.

For example, the go

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/the-government-is-spying-on-us-through-our-computers-phones-cars-buses-streetlights-at-airports-and-on-the-street-via-mobile-scanners-and-drones-through-our-smart-meters-and-in-many-other-ways/

He also links to this article which is very extensive

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/09/the-government-is-spying-on-us-through-our-computers-phones-cars-buses-streetlights-at-airports-and-on-the-street-via-mobile-scanners-and-drones-through-our-smart-meters-and-in-many-other-ways.html