PDA

View Full Version : Hydrocarbon supply ‘relatively boundless' - no peak oil !

Bob
23rd September 2013, 22:06
Oh boy.

World hydrocarbon supply ‘relatively boundless'. Reported today in the Industry trade Journal Oil and Gas by the Editor and Chief of the journal,

"Geophysical advances have contributed to the identification of a "relatively boundless supply" of oil and gas worldwide, Barry Smitherman, chairman, Texas Railroad Commission (RRC), told the Society of Exploration Geophysicists annual meeting Sept. 23".

Texas Railroad Commission is pretty conservative, and quite a sticker for giving the Majors as much of a break as they can. Smaller local operators and explorers are not favored in Texas. One would have to assume that editor Alan Petzet found Mr. Smitherman's statements most revealing.

So often we have been told the world is running out - there is no more energy, therefore we must conserve and of course up the price of fuel at the pump. I remember 25 cents a gallon for a darned good grade fuel. 8$ a gallon is crazy.

He cited: "The Eagle Ford shale alone is making about 600,000 b/d of oil, up from nothing 5 years ago, and could attain 1 million b/d within a year." B/D is barrels a day, or 1 Barrel [Oil] = 42 Gallons [US, Oil]

Using a rather strange way of proving some of his statements: "So much oil and gas have been located in unconventional formations worldwide that the so-called “Peak Oil” web site has shut down, Smitherman noted."

What then can we expect, a sliding away from clean energy and back to more oil, coal and gas use?

Backpedaling from the PEAK OIL drama is a MOST amazing turn of events.

christian
23rd September 2013, 22:44
Lindsey Williams had said that there is no peak oil based on the testimony of his inside sources since quite some time, he calls it all The Energy Non-Crisis.

Bob
23rd September 2013, 22:51
Lindsey Williams had said that there is no peak oil based on the testimony of his inside sources since quite some time, he calls it all The Energy Non-Crisis.

I just got off the phone to confirm this with an insider in the industry. He said, for the Texas Railroad Commission, probably the most conservative in the world that has kept "oil shortage" in the forefront, to say no shortage, no peak oil.. he said, WOW.. this is big.

Tesla_WTC_Solution
24th September 2013, 01:58
It's strange that water can fall from the sky and magma rises from the earth, but people would believe that oil and gas are not also continually renewed.
People know how diamonds are made, but not oil?

Perhaps it's not so different :)

Thank you for that, Bobd!!

TargeT
24th September 2013, 13:18

I just got off the phone to confirm this with an insider in the industry. He said, for the Texas Railroad Commission, probably the most conservative in the world that has kept "oil shortage" in the forefront, to say no shortage, no peak oil.. he said, WOW.. this is big.

there are huge untouched fields in Alaska (on ground) and the infrastructure to get at it (one of the worlds largest pipelines.) and the off shore stuff is staggering.

But since money, and our economy, work of a principle of scarcity we must keep these resources from ourselves... I think big oil could be starting to rethink tactics & might be looking to flood the market rather than constrict it (as it always has) sort of a "kickstart" to oil based energy again as so many alternative fuels seem to be gaining popularity.

The principles of banking apply here, when liquidity is low, create more money! (oil in this case).

778 neighbour of some guy
24th September 2013, 13:32
Ah, this great news, the cycle of inequality and pollution can continue as is, lets not explore nuclear and free, lets just not, sigh, oil is crap, its the main reason for starting wars all over the place, really, renewable or not, oil is crap, lets slow down progress some more and pump that crap up, I think this is a diversion to be honest, the more bad news comes out the more everything is ramping up to a sudden dead stop , its speeding up, and up and up and up, they must feel the need to slow this process down, they are not ready yet for collapse, lets give the plebs some good news, its not the perfect time for riots yet.

If it is true large deposits are found that's not good news at all, its just news, imo.

Bob
24th September 2013, 16:44
http://www.bp.com/etc/designs/bp/images/furniture/global-homepage-bp-logo-image.png "BP" formerly known as "British Petroleum" announced massive discovery in Egypt's Nile Delta region

"BP Egypt" Having drilled to 7,000 m (22,966 ft) struck it the first time, not a dry hole in their view. They drilled right into the middle of what they believed to be "the structure" a 50-km [31-m] long ovoid.

Mike Daley, exec VP of BP says: "With a hydrocarbon column in excess of 180 m [591 ft], the discovery increases our confidence in the materiality of the deep Oligocene play in the East Nile Delta."

http://press.princeton.edu/images/j9686.gif Interesting the developments in Egypt - with massive conflicts between the parties like wildfires appearing and being stomped on, the current government saying they BAN the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/23/us-egypt-brotherhood-urgent-idUSBRE98M0HL20130923) - and now a massive find of $$$ - is this the oil curse (http://www.danielpipes.org/163/the-curse-of-oil-wealth) catching attention, a different way to throw funds to Egypt to play ball? Stick with the tried and true, OIL, make your money and stop rocking the boat?

We can only guess..

PurpleLama
24th September 2013, 17:28
Just as the marrow of the bones renew the blood of the body....

Just a metaphor, or is it?

There may be more implications to pumping up these hydrocarbons, it might be more of a basis for life than such the raw, toxic mess would imply. In Carmody's thread (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?17872-The-Question-of-Lithium--Alchemy-dimensions-shapeshifters-aliens-existence-reality..-), we have discussed how the very elements may change in the electrified slow cooker below earth's surface, perhaps these compounds are more than decayed living matter from eons ago....

donk
24th September 2013, 17:46
I came here when the founder of the excellent peak oil forum (Life After the Oil Crash, i will not mention his name) flipped out, shut it down, and is now basking in his own ego as some kind of "hip" astrologer...I love the dude from what I learned from him, but I cringe reading anything he has to say anymore.

Anyway, I was in intense fear of peak oil for a significant part of my adulthood. Whether it is contrived or not--we must not lose sight of the horrible connotations (as expressed well by Ed the neighbor)...the scarcity control mechanism by fear of peak oil may well be a manufactured fiction by or slaveowners...if this is true (renewable hydrocarbons) and we continue as built-in-obscelence consumer society...it's the air and water (which may fall from the sky--but does that make it infinite?? that's strange logic Tesla) that I'm worried about.

Limitless hyrocarbons means limitless pollution, as the world is today...much scarier than running out of the "black gold" is trying to filter it from our life.

I don't understand the value in believing in infinite resources, even if it is true. It is the same psychotic mindset that our current economic rules depend on...somehow we can violate the laws of thermodynamics and come out the other side ok.

donk
24th September 2013, 17:51
Do we believe in that law of thermodynamics...that energy is neither created nor destroyed?

Bob and Lindsey talk about oil, Tesla mentions air and water, Reilly mentions bone marrow, Target speaks of money.

What are the implications of treating these things as something that are spontaneously created (or unlimited)....isn't there another law that may apply here (something abuot equal and opposite reactions)?

I am not married to the laws of thermodynamics--all my beliefs are negotiable, but until I observe them not working as stated, I use them as a pretty handy rule of thumb

Richard S.
25th September 2013, 00:19
Here's a link to the article:

http://www.ogj.com/articles/2013/09/world-hydrocarbon-supply-relatively-boundless-seg-told.html

TargeT
25th September 2013, 00:37
Do we believe in that law of thermodynamics...that energy is neither created nor destroyed?

Bob and Lindsey talk about oil, Tesla mentions air and water, Reilly mentions bone marrow, Target speaks of money.

What are the implications of treating these things as something that are spontaneously created (or unlimited)....isn't there another law that may apply here (something abuot equal and opposite reactions)?

I am not married to the laws of thermodynamics--all my beliefs are negotiable, but until I observe them not working as stated, I use them as a pretty handy rule of thumb

I spoke of money because it is created (in it's current form) with it's demise already written in, just like oil, once it is pumped from the ground it's existence (in that form) is very short (all money is created as debt, and the debt has to be paid etc...)

so I suppose thermodynamics could apply here, yes? both are forms of self fulfilling scarcity; the pattern of TPTB, I see it as mostly yang (the dark side of the yin/yang relationship) and an imbalanced state that causes strife.

it seems to fit the "MO" of the patterns that exist these days.

Bob
25th September 2013, 01:30
I came here when the founder of the excellent peak oil forum (Life After the Oil Crash, i will not mention his name) flipped out, shut it down, and is now basking in his own ego as some kind of "hip" astrologer...I love the dude from what I learned from him, but I cringe reading anything he has to say anymore.

(snipped)

Limitless hyrocarbons means limitless pollution, as the world is today...much scarier than running out of the "black gold" is trying to filter it from our life.

:) it could just be that there may be some one out there, who has a solution that enables hydrocarbon use and ZERO POLLUTION, and from the hydrocarbon FLARING, ZERO FLAMES and ZERO POLLUTION, and for the FRAKING, ZERO LEAKAGE and ZERO contamination...

there just could be a way to have it all, and not destroy - conversion I think is possible - every truly workable solution comes with an understanding that is, a better game than before exists when we are ready to let go of the methods that held us all back..

eheh - of course, that all depends on some folks being logical and wanting better ways.. :)

Rosieposie
25th September 2013, 13:12
Bah as much as oil has served a purpose, the stuff is nasty lol. The more I study plants and the more I learn of all they can do the more I think that is our future. I'm even growing plants for soap lol and they have graphite batteries and algae lights etc I think our future is one of intelligent integration with nature.

I see a future where we are the gardeners of earth. Intelligence and empathy united, yin and yang :)

Gosh darnit ain't I just a hippy :D

25th September 2013, 14:25
Bah as much as oil has served a purpose, the stuff is nasty lol. The more I study plants and the more I learn of all they can do the more I think that is our future. I'm even growing plants for soap lol and they have graphite batteries and algae lights etc I think our future is one of intelligent integration with nature.

I see a future where we are the gardeners of earth. Intelligence and empathy united, yin and yang :)

Gosh darnit ain't I just a hippy :D

Rats..........I was so hoping for a fluorescent squid on a stick as a nightlight, and what do I get.....algae, ah well, why not, totally worthy of its own thread btw, bioluminescence as a light source would be amazing to have in a home/office or as streetlights, grow light, therapy, just think of how much you would/could save on your power bills. That is the possibly really great news, the bad news is they would stretch out the oil supply for use in motor vehicles and we would stay stuck them until it finally runs out, if ever.

music
26th September 2013, 10:18
I would have a very hard time believing that hydrocarbons were an infinitely renewable resource at current consumption. So, in my view they are a finite, non-renewable resource.

Water is an infinite renewable resource (in the context of the current networks of earth systems), but the question arises of water quality.

Much of the extraction of these now admitted large reserves (if they exist) would no doubt require practices that compromise the quality of our ground water. On a large, world-wide scale, this makes the issue of whether or not we have access to clean water more of a limiting factor for human population viability than whether or not we have enough hydrocarbons to enable us to continue our existence of profligacy, gluttony and base satisfaction.

I, for one, would take anything I hear from the oil industry with a very large pinch of salt. I feel I would be safer allowing the Whore of Babylon to whisper sweet nothings into my ear.

outerheaven
26th September 2013, 10:53
Yup! Colonel L. Fletcher Prouty (who was the "Man X" character in Oliver Stone's JFK) said this during his time. It's amazing when the things you've been fearing for decades are revealed for what they are. Anyhow, if you're interested in reading Prouty's thoughts:

http://www.prouty.org/oil.html

http://www.prouty.org/comment6.html

26th September 2013, 11:06
Yup! Colonel L. Fletcher Prouty (who was the "Man X" character in Oliver Stone's JFK) said this during his time. It's amazing when the things you've been fearing for decades are revealed for what they are. Anyhow, if you're interested in reading Prouty's thoughts:

WOW, outerheaven, where have you been all this time, that is some amazing information, that post is a must read, and at least as interesting as the Galen Winsor presentations.

Thank you!!

outerheaven
26th September 2013, 11:39

WOW, outerheaven, where have you been all this time, that is some amazing information, that post is a must read, and at least as interesting as the Galen Winsor presentations.

Thank you!!

Haha, thank you! As for where I've been? My eyes have been shut until about 4 weeks ago. This is all still very new to me, too. I'm glad to have found you guys ... Otherwise I might think I was crazy :)

26th September 2013, 11:49
Haha, thank you! As for where I've been? My eyes have been shut until about 4 weeks ago. This is all still very new to me, too. I'm glad to have found you guys ... Otherwise I might think I was crazy

You are most welcome, and allow me to say your eyes have been opened with blinding speed ( that's sounds totally weird), your being new does not take from the fact that that was a very very interesting link you provided for everyone to read, its not something I have read before and I am happy you acquainted me with this interesting information, we are also happy you found your way to this place, and I don't think you are crazy at all, nevertheless this place can be hard or your sanity once in a while, again, thank you and welcome.

Gardener
26th September 2013, 13:03
Thanks for mentioning Prouty, I tend to think his testimony is more signal than noise, his book 'The Secret Team' was a landmark, bringing the reality of 'black projects' to a wider audience. http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/ST/ (online copy of 'secret team')

This is a bit off topic (sry Bob) but here is an interview with Prouty which gives perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCGxutt7GiQ

:focus:

Nick Matkin
26th September 2013, 13:03
1) Beware of anyone who says we have blah-blah years of some commodity or other at the rate of "current consumption". Current consumption is meaningless as we are constantly increasing our consumption of almost everything. For example, oil consumption has increased (depending on who's figure you take) by between 2 and 4 percent annually for decades. At the rate 2 percent we double our consumption in about 35 years. At 4 percent about 17 years. Factor that into the equation.

2) Even if we had infinite reserves of oil, the planet still has to absorb the pollution created by using it. And if you take it to the extreme, burning fossil hydrocarbons uses up oxygen - something to consider in the long term perhaps, particularly when we are busy destroying the very environments that create it.

3) I have a relative who works in defence. He says (obviously) that oil is heavy, messy and difficult to transport. If they had an alternative they'd be using it.

Nick

Carmody
26th September 2013, 14:45
http://www.bp.com/etc/designs/bp/images/furniture/global-homepage-bp-logo-image.png "BP" formerly known as "British Petroleum" announced massive discovery in Egypt's Nile Delta region

"BP Egypt" Having drilled to 7,000 m (22,966 ft) struck it the first time, not a dry hole in their view. They drilled right into the middle of what they believed to be "the structure" a 50-km [31-m] long ovoid.

Mike Daley, exec VP of BP says: "With a hydrocarbon column in excess of 180 m [591 ft], the discovery increases our confidence in the materiality of the deep Oligocene play in the East Nile Delta."

http://press.princeton.edu/images/j9686.gif Interesting the developments in Egypt - with massive conflicts between the parties like wildfires appearing and being stomped on, the current government saying they BAN the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/23/us-egypt-brotherhood-urgent-idUSBRE98M0HL20130923) - and now a massive find of $$$ - is this the oil curse (http://www.danielpipes.org/163/the-curse-of-oil-wealth) catching attention, a different way to throw funds to Egypt to play ball? Stick with the tried and true, OIL, make your money and stop rocking the boat?

We can only guess..

100 billion barrels found in Australia. Or, more correctly, the find was announced. Or, more correctly, they let us know what they have known for years.

Oil pricing has been used in recent times, to control the recovery of the USA economy.

Every time the US economy begins to recover by a given amount of dollars of flow, the oil companies hike street prices of gasoline by the exact same amount and pull it back out of the economy. They do this via manipulation of pricing of crude and down through to retail prices.

This, in order to keep Americans from standing the country up on it's feet again.

You are in the middle of a war of manipulation, in case it was not clear.

Bob
26th September 2013, 15:55
Artificially HIGH Oil prices despite Surplus projected..

100 billion barrels found in Australia. Or, more correctly, the find was announced. Or, more correctly, they let us know what they have known for years.

Oil pricing has been used in recent times, to control the recovery of the USA economy.

Every time the US economy begins to recover by a given amount of dollars of flow, the oil companies hike street prices of gasoline by the exact same amount and pull it back out of the economy. They do this via manipulation of pricing of crude and down through to retail prices.

This, in order to keep Americans from standing the country up on it's feet again.

You are in the middle of a war of manipulation, in case it was not clear.

As Carmody points out - the manipulation of OIL price, a useful commodity, controls not just the US economy, but the world economies. If folks have followed the other threads on the Forum, the ECONOMIC ones, one would see, something big is in the works economically across the board.

The question in this thread should be, why are they NOW saying NO PEAK OIL, OIL is everywhere (should say it as, COAL, NATURAL GAS, and Natural Gas Liquids).

I looked at the going rate for the Brent crude the other day (the OIL that comes out of the North Sea area off UK which industry-wise sets the standard), and it did NOT drop with an announcement of "abundance" of commodity..

That is significant - something is up, an artificially HIGH PRICE for a commodity, when there is a SURPLUS projected.. Lots of oil prices (hydrocarbon prices) are set and established by FUTURE purchases, speculation - the control of those prices is artificially set, based on FEAR usually. (see OIL SPECULATION *) - The price of crude oil in the U.S. never exceeded $40 per barrel until mid-2004. By 2006 it reached $70, and in July 2008 it peaked at $145. By late 2008 it had plummeted to about $30 before increasing to $110 in 2011. Production cost didn't warrant such a price hike.

If you look at this graphic, you can see the dates that prices changed radically. Who was president in the US at that time, Who was Prime Minister at that time? Possibly one could look at the agendas happening at that time. Do you recall the 2008 economic crash?

http://fixingtheeconomists.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/oilprice.png?w=500&h=301

The BLUE line in the graph shows PRODUCTION (availability of COMMODITY), the RED line shows the result of something manipulating the costs. Another graph could be created to show CONSUMPTION.

The point of this thread is to point out, when INDUSTRY which lives on HIGH Commodity prices to make trillions of $$ says there is ABUNDANCE in their shortage manipulated field, WHAT EXACTLY IS UP economically.

It could just have easily been an article that said GOLD IS EVERYWHERE, or ONE CAN NOW MANUFACTURE GOLD - and if GOLD prices didn't change, SOMETHING would be up economically, as the price of the commodity would radically DROP, not remain constant..

* Speculation - http://www.ogj.com/articles/2012/04/obama-wants-stronger-steps-to-curb-oil-price-speculation.html - Administration admits and knows MARKET SPECULATORS are manipulating and pocketing the profits from commodity manipulation.

04/17/2012
By Nick Snow
OGJ Washington Editor

US President Barack Obama called for more aggressive measures to prevent oil-market manipulation, pledging stronger action by his administration and calling on Congress to fund enforcement and increase penalties for violators. “We can't afford a situation where speculators artificially manipulate markets by buying up oil (futures), creating the perception of a shortage, and driving prices higher—only to flip the oil for a quick profit,” he declared.

Buying "futures" is an attempt to buy out future production to attempt to FIX or inflate pricing.

One can do a search on the Forum for keywords (advanced search) "futures" "wall street"
Another advanced search can be for "Speculation" "price fixing" "bank"

donk
26th September 2013, 17:00
Remember the Gulf of Mexico? How's that going? Peak oil is no different global warming--an artificially theoretical distraction from problems most have to be forced into willful ignorance of.

When Saudi Arabi started buying offshore drilling platforms I gave up on hope the manipulation game would ever end (peacefully...cleanly...short of a miracle)

"We" barely mentioned stopping drilling when we allowed BP to corexet a pretty significant area...poison is just a human entitlement...we will reap what we sow

Bob
26th September 2013, 20:59
Remember the Gulf of Mexico? How's that going? Peak oil is no different global warming--an artificially theoretical distraction from problems most have to be forced into willful ignorance of.

When Saudi Arabi started buying offshore drilling platforms I gave up on hope the manipulation game would ever end (peacefully...cleanly...short of a miracle)

"We" barely mentioned stopping drilling when we allowed BP to corexet a pretty significant area...poison is just a human entitlement...we will reap what we sow

Gulf of Mexico - drilling in earnest. MONEY is the motivation factor IMHO :)

Differences between off-shore production verses on-shore production.

ONE GOOD Offshore well can produce 20,000 barrels a day (lets call it good Brent grade (light and sweet), to come up with a potential gross income - 6,000,000 barrels with on a 300 day up-time year.

6M times 103$ = 618M$ a YEAR gross revenues from that ONE WELL - a typical field in that area may then have 10-20 wells, let's look at the bottom then 6.18 Billion $ gross income from a field.

Make that now 100 fields of that size, and one sees a lot of money, and a lot of attention on energy.

(An outstanding on-shore oil well, for instance in the Bakken formation in North Dakota at best may do 2000 barrels a day and rapidly decline in production).

http://www.bp.com/etc/designs/bp/images/furniture/global-homepage-bp-logo-image.png got hand slapped for being "sloppy" in their choice of which sub-contractors they used, and they lost a good chunk of income.

One could look at the Nigerian Royal Dutch Shell fiasco, with 50 years of continual oil spills that makes the BP Gulf disaster seem pale.

The point of this thread tho deals with TPTB in ENERGY have stated ABUNDANCE of a Shortage manipulated resource.

What ECONOMIC implications does that have, for a shortage manipulated resource to now be put into a category of ABUNDANCE.

We are talking trillions of $$ in the world economy being maneuvered.

Why now? What's up? I think that should be addressed.

(PS - George Soros was the fellow buying the rigs out of the Gulf and moving them to South America - Saudi Aramco buys from Singapore and Taiwan as one of the vendor sources - most drilling in Saudi is from outside oil companies, multi-nationals; and Corexit dispersant, OMG is an understatement, I found that stuff to be so violently acidic, I noticed it affecting farm fields from it being drawn up in the atmosphere and rained down hundreds of miles away. Being sloppy for $$$ is totally irresponsible no question. )

TargeT
27th September 2013, 00:15
ONE GOOD Offshore well can produce 20,000 barrels a day

a SINGLE WELL can produce 15,000 to 20,000 barrels a day, a "field" could produce a lot more, 100,000-300,000 a day...

The pipeline in Alaska was built to take 2 million barrels A DAY... it's currently flowing at a dismal 600,000 barrels a day.

These companies make so much money that Alaska (the state) had a 5 BILLION dollar surplus via oil taxes in 2009 5,000,000,000.00 dollars..... just off taxation; what do you think the various corporations pulled in that year?

what Bobd is saying is that we are being held hostage with energy, that there is an endless amount oil, it is created all the time in the earth (we have known this for a while too obviously based on some of the links in this thread, not to mention what logic told us about wells that refilled themselves and the depth of wells being beyond any discovered fossil)

just more proof that "it's all a scam" and we are being held hostage by the elites.

ThePythonicCow
27th September 2013, 00:33
I split off several posts into a new thread: Luminescent lighting, using zero conventional energy" (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?63793-Luminescent-lighting-using-zero-conventional-energy)

Carmody
27th September 2013, 01:09
It is important to remember that the oil companies refuse to upgrade the refineries to modern technologies which would be less devastating to the environment, when distilling and separating oils and oil grades. Ie, the actual production of useful petrochemical substances.

They also sideline refineries to keep the channels bottle-necked.

They also refuse to create new refineries to handle any form of new or increased demand.

They also refuse to upgrade and repair any existing refineries.

They also refuse to open new fields, when those fields are found. They talk a good talk about new fields found, but they don't really want to open any of it up to production.

They want to keep it in reserve, to drive up their stock prices, and to dole it out to you, one drip at a time, with society and world crushing costs and manipulative controls ---attached. To be as parasitical and controlling as possible, as this energy control thing is a beautiful lever on/in society, one only a paranoid psychotic sociopathic control freak could love.

You see, any of the correct stuff, the correct acts and behavior.... which is the most sensible thing to do, for society and the world population....all that lowers oil prices and they make less money and have less control of the world, IF they 'do the right thing'.

They have to be inescapably LEGISLATED into submission and correctness.... and forced at gun point, if necessary.

This is why in some countries the oil companies are nationalized, as it is too important to leave any of it in private hands.

You can leave it in private hands if you don't like socialism, but you must do the other thing, which is curb stomp their profit motives into non existence. Forever.

Evil will climb into the drivers seat, if you give it a chance to seep into such areas. Just like politics, religion, corporations, military, finance, and academia.

Wherever controls can bring benefit to the sociopaths, they will gather in those places. It is inevitable.

It is your job to curb stomp the inevitable gathering of evil in these places.

Bob
27th September 2013, 01:54
It is important to remember that the oil companies refuse to upgrade the refineries to modern technologies which would be less devastating to the environment, when distilling and separating oils and oil grades. Ie, the actual production of useful petrochemical substances.

They also sideline refineries to keep the channels bottle-necked.

They also refuse to create new refineries to handle any form of new or increased demand.

They also refuse to upgrade and repair any existing refineries.

They also refuse to open new fields, when those fields are found. They talk a good talk about new fields found, but they don't really want to open any of it up to production.

They want to keep it in reserve, to drive up their stock prices, and to dole it out to you, one drip at a time, with society and world crushing costs and manipulative controls ---attached. To be as parasitical and controlling as possible, as this energy control thing is a beautiful lever on/in society, one only a paranoid psychotic sociopathic control freak could love.

You see, any of the correct stuff, the correct acts and behavior.... which is the most sensible thing to do, for society and the world population....all that lowers oil prices and they make less money and have less control of the world, IF they 'do the right thing'.

They have to be inescapably LEGISLATED into submission and correctness.... and forced at gun point, if necessary.

This is why in some countries the oil companies are nationalized, as it is too important to leave any of it in private hands.

You can leave it in private hands if you don't like socialism, but you must do the other thing, which is curb stomp their profit motives into non existence. Forever.

I mention below one of the issues in the nationalistic approach I saw in Nigeria - there was no question the focus was not on assisting the local people

Evil will climb into the drivers seat, if you give it a chance to seep into such areas. Just like politics, religion, corporations, military, finance, and academia.

Wherever controls can bring benefit to the sociopaths, they will gather in those places. It is inevitable.

It is your job to curb stomp the inevitable gathering of evil in these places.

This is good, I think we are seeing the solutions starting to appear, I am going to say the N word, NATIONALIZATION - of essential commodities that local society requires in order to live. Very big questions in a situation where for instance, and I will mention Nigeria in this case as I had met one of the "Kings" who had from their family their land taken, which they had ruled over, stewarded on, and were respected as the dominant family, what happens when a stronger group comes in and says "we are taking your land, your resources (claims the greater good prevails)" and they are not compensated fairly for the value/worth.

What I saw was a smile but underneath a hate so deep.. they tried the love, but they saw the riches that could have been theirs taken in the name of the "state".

HOW then can a proper stewardship be created to deal with the "abundance" and to deal with the "responsible use" (and therefore power) ? Who will be the oversight for such?

Some questions then could generate solutions.

TargeT
27th September 2013, 02:15

I've seen 13 yEARS of attempts at this.... it doesn't work in a global economy unless everyone is united.

the Alyeska pipe line is at 600,000 barrels right now because of legislation efforts of Alaska... it's "cheaper" in Nigeria, it's less "expensive" in Sudan,,,, these excuses stop any legislation (which is inherently built on greed, NOT the benefit of the people).

this simply does not work.

Bob
27th September 2013, 02:19
(snipped)

unless everyone is united.

That I think is the point - very well stated thank you

Bob
27th September 2013, 02:31
(snipped)

unless everyone is united.

That I think is the point - very well stated thank you

==========
POLARITY CONTROL and without coming together kept apart consciousness - "The Dark Crysta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dc-jxsOeEA)l"

"One thousand years ago, the magic crystal cracked, and two races appeared – the wise and gentle Mystics, and the cruel Skekses. Since that time, the world was plunged into war and ruin, as the Skekses pillaged the land for their benefit. After a millennia, the triple suns of the world were to come together in the Great Conjunction, which the Skekses would harness to achieve immortality, and lock the planet into a twisted empire that would never be renewed. It is up to Jen the Gelfling, last of his race, to stop this from happening."

It's a good easy on the brain break from the "battle". There are some discussions on the Forum about different ways to address the shadow. Very beautiful solutions.

27th September 2013, 11:41

I've seen 13 yEARS of attempts at this.... it doesn't work in a global economy unless everyone is united.

the Alyeska pipe line is at 600,000 barrels right now because of legislation efforts of Alaska... it's "cheaper" in Nigeria, it's less "expensive" in Sudan,,,, these excuses stop any legislation (which is inherently built on greed, NOT the benefit of the people).

this simply does not work.

Bob
1st January 2014, 22:22
Let's do a bump on this since the Guardian appears to be running an older article, saying there IS peak oil now..

:bump: