PDA

View Full Version : A Little Story...

Bob
1st October 2013, 21:50
There once was a man, who was raising his young son, The mother had passed away in childbirth and he was teaching his son all that he knew.

This Son, grew up and in time wanted to go to a nearby village and find him a companion Many months past and the young man returned to his home, and with him he had a woman, his wife They lived in the home of his father.

Shortly after they had a son. And the father, now a grandfather began teaching this young boy all that he knew. How to respect the forest, the animals and life. The mother, tiring of sharing her home with the old man told her husband that she wanted the old man out. The Father spoke "I cannot, this is his home and he built it for us.

She spoke "If you do not make him Leave then I will take our son and I will leave. The father agreed and spoke to his son. My son, tomorrow I want you to take Grandpa out and leave him. Give him this blanket. The young boy cried.

Why do you do this? Grandpa has been teaching me all that I know "Why do I have to do this to him? "The father spoke. Son, Follow the wishes of your father. So the next morning, the Father went hunting to the North. The Son took Grandpa as far as he could walk to the South.

That evening the young boy was sitting on the bed crying when his father came in. He saw the blanket on the bed.

Son, I thought I told you to give Grandpa the Blanket? I gave Grandpa half of the blanket. The other half, I will give to you someday.

The mother and Father understood the Message. And they went and brought Grandpa back.

thankyou to Dennis Banks for bringing this reminder.

scanner
1st October 2013, 22:06
More people should take note of the message in your short story . Thank you , I'm a grandpa .

Kristin
1st October 2013, 23:41
I just had a conversation today about the importance of our extended family... thank you for this.

From the Heart,
Kristin