PDA

View Full Version : Becoming aware while dreaming?

LivioRazlo
2nd October 2013, 00:26
So, after I read some information here on Avalon and from the recommendations of follow members, I have started keeping a dream journal as well as an anchor object before I go to sleep. I have noticed that once I dream and write about it, consecutive dreams afterwards become more vivid in detail to which I am able to journal about. I've only been doing this for a week now and am beginning to notice some differences. One thing I have noticed is that during the day, I sometimes think about what my dream will be about when I lie down. I'm hoping soon that I can start lucid dreaming and take control of what's going on.

On another note, if any of you could, I really could use some positive energy sent my way. I am currently unemployed and really need a job soon or my brother may put me out on the street. I doubt he'll do it, because we're brothers, but I need employment - whatever it may be soon so that I can try to improve the quality of life I am living. Thank you all for reading this have a great day! ;)

ulli
2nd October 2013, 00:37
Sending you good wishes and energy for your job hunt.

Freed Fox
2nd October 2013, 00:40
Lucid dreams are incredible. I've been meaning to start keeping a more comprehensive dream journal, as I have heard from several sources that it does indeed help dream recall (and by extension, becoming consciously aware during dreams). As of now I only record them rarely, when I have a dream which strikes me as exceptionally powerful or personally meaningful.

I'd like to recommend the following thread for you, if you haven't checked it out already. It is quite long, but includes dreams as one of the prominent topics of discussion.

OBEs: What are they, how to make them happen, and where does the Higher Self fit in (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?52121-OBEs-What-are-they-how-to-make-them-happen-uand-where-does-the-Higher-Self-fit-in)

You can use the "Search Thread" feature which appears on the dark blue bar directly above the first post to navigate more quickly, if there are specific subjects you're interested in.

Finally, wishing you all the best in overcoming the challenges you are currently facing. :)

LivioRazlo
2nd October 2013, 00:53
Thanks everyone for your thoughts! Also, I wanted to add that in the past 8 days that I have been journaling about my dreams, I have written about 4 of those days; 50% not so bad I feel. Also, I'm able to recall more details about what is going on, so I hope this is the steps to becoming lucid.

Something I wanted to know, and maybe someone with more experience could lead me in the correct direction, but last night, I slept for about 2 hours, and in that time, I was able to have a really vivid dream which I could recall with great detail. I've read that dreams usually come around the 6 hour mark as that's when the brain enters R.E.M.

Thank you as well Freed Fox, I will be bookmarking the link you have provided.

Freed Fox
2nd October 2013, 01:21
R.E.M. cycles occur every 90 minutes while you're asleep. So, if you sleep for 6 hours, you will have had 4 of them. Typically, R.E.M. sleep periods increase in length throughout the night. The first one averages for most people to be about 10 minutes long, and again each subsequent cycle increases in length (which can reach nearly 1 hour in duration).

If you wake shortly after one of these cycles, the most recent dream will be the most easily recalled.

white wizard
2nd October 2013, 01:30
Everyone is different about dreaming, but i can start the dream process instantly
when i sleep, which has always come natural. I also started lucid dreaming naturally at
age 12 or 13 I think, but i think I dream a lot more than normal people and that may
be why i started at LD at such a young age.

Two tools will help you while lucid dreaming. Ask for clarity to solidify the dream and make it more vivid. After it becomes more solid ask for increased Awareness. This will
make the lucid dream extremely real like and you will become almost fully conscious
while maintaining the dream enviroment.

I have been practicing for three months to start an OBE from a dream with no luck,
but I know its possible with the right techniques. Anyone know some good
techniques?

Freed Fox
2nd October 2013, 01:39
I have been practicing for three months to start an OBE from a dream with no luck,
but I know its possible with the right techniques. Anyone know some good
techniques?

The Phase (http://obe4u.com/files/the_phase.pdf) (.pdf file)
by Michael Raduga

rgray222
2nd October 2013, 02:53
I happen to stumble across this article and thought some people might find it useful

Guaranteed to work, but you have to stick with it. Sometimes it takes a person only a week to have their first lucid dream from this method. Sometimes it takes months. Either way, it works.

Get a pen and mark a dot on your hands. It can be on your palm or anywhere that you will notice it throughout the day.

http://pinewooddesign.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/hand.jpg

Throughout the day, ask yourself if you are dreaming whenever you notice the dot.
This technique is called a “Reality Check”.
Each time you see the dot, don’t just say “Of course I’m not dreaming”. Really think about it and analyze your surroundings. Otherwise, you’ll dismiss the question in your sleep.

The way to check if you are dreaming is to look at any text or numbers around you (eg. a book, sign, clock face, etc), then look away for 5 seconds. Then look back. If it changed, then you are dreaming.

What happens is that you are essentially testing your environment to see if you are dreaming. This habit carries over into your dream world after you have fallen asleep. If you do this enough and it becomes a daily routine, then eventually you will begin asking yourself if you are dreaming while you are in the dream. This is what sparks the lucidity.

Important:
Start keeping a dream journal. Keep it at your bedside and write down any dream you have the minute you wake up from it. When you keep a dream journal, you will notice that you begin to remember more dreams and you remember them more vividly. A lucid dream is a pretty exciting experience, but what good are they if you forget you had one when you wake up the following morning. Improve your dream recall by always keeping a dream journal!

Sorry did not copy the source of this story so don't have a link, my apologies.

LivioRazlo
2nd October 2013, 03:51
Thanks rgray222! I just drew a dot on my palm and will report back with my findings when it occurs. This is such an exciting experience for me. I don't want to get too hyped up for lucid dreaming and be let down, that's what I'm most afraid of.

soleil
2nd October 2013, 13:34
Thanks rgray222! I just drew a dot on my palm and will report back with my findings when it occurs. This is such an exciting experience for me. I don't want to get too hyped up for lucid dreaming and be let down, that's what I'm most afraid of.
hah ditto! just to give it a go