PDA

View Full Version : Help with hyper acidity, please?

Bubu
2nd October 2013, 11:43
I have been suffering from hyper acidity for more than 20 years now. And since we cannot trust mainstream I am turning to you fellow Avalonians.
I find some relief only when I attempted to become a breatharian, eating only very little. Kind of put my stomach on hibernation. But the attempt made me weak so back to eating generously again but I eat once or twice a day only mostly once. And the ha is back.
My experience and observations:
Around twenty years ago I was taken to a hospital after drinking red wine. the doctor prescribe the aluminum thing but every time I took it the pain subside but rebound with much vengeance after a while so I discontinued it immediately.
when I sleep two to four hours a day for say three consecutive days (during busy times) the pain is gone.
Mostly the pain (burning sensation) came during sleep knid of wake me up. If I go back to sleep, after eating something, the pain will again wake me up an hour or two afterwards.
When I drink water kefir the result is same as drinking red wine. But when I eat kefir grains nothing seem to change.
Some articles suggest that it could be lack of stomach acid but I favor that it is hyper acidity.
Our drinking chlorinated water is treated with ascorbic to neutralize the chlorine.
I discontinued sugar for around a month but the ha persisted. so back to sugar.
Any suggestions please.

sheme
2nd October 2013, 11:48
Could be a stomach ulcer? http://www.patient.co.uk/health/stomach-gastric-ulcer
good luck and peace for your body.

markoid
2nd October 2013, 11:48
A friend who had the same problem.. chronically, got great results by using apple cider vinegar.

Mu2143
2nd October 2013, 12:29

Mu2143
2nd October 2013, 12:33

RMorgan
2nd October 2013, 12:38

I agree. The symptoms are quite similar to stomach ulcer.

I almost died from stomach ulcer when I was a young boy...I had ten of them simultaneously. The doctor told me that he had never seen something like that happen to a 14 years old boy.

Anyway, the pain during sleep was unbearable.

I was cured after a six month experimental treatment using of pantoprazol, omeprazol, antibiotics, and, believe it or not, vermifuge pills.

I think you should see a doctor and do an endoscopic test. If it's indeed ulcer, you'll have to undergo regular treatment, because it's caused by a very resistant bacteria.

Raf.

Eagle Eye
2nd October 2013, 13:01
If you feel your acidity is high , drink one glass of milk and don't eat before sleep, only 2-3 hours before.

turiya
2nd October 2013, 13:14
Peptic Ulcer And Traditional Chinese Medicine In China (http://www.tcmtreatment.com/images/diseases/peptic-ulcer.htm)

Note: The following text is selected from A Practical English-Chinese Library of Traditional Chinese Medicine by Prof.Dr. Enqin Zhang (Engin CAN), he was the chief editor & author of the books, now lecturing and practising Chinese medicine at The Asante Academy of Chinese Medicine in the Middlesex University Archway Campus, 2-10 Highgate Hill, N19 5LW, London, U.K.For more information, Tel:0044 7804709475;
E-mail: prof.engincan@yahoo.com.tr

Peptic ulcer occurs most frequently in the stomach and duodenum. Its etiology, in spite of a variety of theories about it, has not been well understood. Gastric ulcer occurs predominantly in the lesser curvatuse and pyloric part. Duodenal ulcer mostly occurs in the duodenal bulb. The coexistence of gastric and duodenal ulcers is called complex ulcer. Peptic ulcers are more frequently found in males than females, and inclined to attack the young and middle-aged groups, but gastric ulcer usually occurs later than duodenal ulcer. The disease, in TCM, is categorized as "weiwan tong" (stomachache), "outu" (vomiting), etc.

Main Points of Diagnosis (http://www.tcmtreatment.com/images/diseases/peptic-ulcer.htm)

Be well - turiya :cool:

sirdipswitch
2nd October 2013, 13:40
At drug store pick up some PH test strips, to check your PH. Take 1 tablespoon ACV, (apple cider vinager) 30 min, before a meal, and it will ballance your PH. If your PH is too acidic, it will make more alcaline, and if it's too alcaline, it will make it more acidic. ACV keeps my PH at 6.5..

Oh ya, and stop worryin, worry causes acidity. and ulcers. Just worryin if it will hurt today, will make it hurt today. ccc. So stop worryin and just be happy. Happy comes from within. You only just need to decide to be happy. yep! works for me!! cc.

Be happy, and remain healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wizard::wizard::wizard:

delfine
2nd October 2013, 13:41
Increase alkaline food intake: e.g. vegetables,potatoes, fruit, yoghurt. Esp. cucumber is very alcaline. If you drink a glass of
cucumber juice daily for a period, you´ll definitely help yourself. Best eat the food raw, or lightly steamed.

Decrease acidic food intake: Esp. red meat, grains, bread, cheese, sugar, fried foods, carbonated drinks, sodas, coffee.

Supplement with a mineral powder with calcium.

1inMany
2nd October 2013, 13:46
Hi Bubu,

I have to chime in with another plug for organic apple cider vinegar with mother. I tend to be anxious, and this causes me troubles with my stomach. Too much worry = too much acid (for me). My stomach can bother me to such a degree I cannot eat anything but saltine crackers. But, truly, the vinegar with mother does balance pH.

I found it impossible to ingest a tablespoon, it was rather comical to watch. But I added some local honey and some oil (hemp oil is recommended) and made a salad dressing with it. The very first time I ate this there was a remarkable difference. (Thanks to my Avalonian friend for suggesting this!)

When I'm not in the mood for the dressing, I drink what I call hot lemonade (could be over ice depending on preference). I just mix the vinegar with honey and hot water. Yum.

It felt odd to be ingesting vinegar when the problem was too much acid, but it really worked for me. It might be worth a try :) Wishing you well...

Much Love,

conk
2nd October 2013, 13:54
Just remember, the absolute worst thing for acid reflux is any form of pharmaceutical drug. The Purple Pill or any of the proton pump inhibitors will KILL YOU! You need hydrochloric acid from the proton pump. It is critical. Have you considered what you eat? That's usually the issue. You could have gastritis or even a heital hernia. If you find that either of those are your problem send me a PM. I can show you how to easily heal either one.

Lifebringer
2nd October 2013, 16:07
Teaspoon of Baking "soda" 12 oz glass of water. It balances the body's PH levels throughout. Remember BAKING SODA, NOT baking powder.

three times a week th 1st week, and two times a week for a month or until your levels are back to normal. Learn to start cooking "in greens" with baking soda, to keep your body in tune.

Bob
2nd October 2013, 16:30

I agree. The symptoms are quite similar to stomach ulcer.

I almost died from stomach ulcer when I was a young boy...I had ten of them simultaneously. The doctor told me that he had never seen something like that happen to a 14 years old boy.

Anyway, the pain during sleep was unbearable.

I was cured after a six month experimental treatment using of pantoprazol, omeprazol, antibiotics, and, believe it or not, vermifuge pills.

I think you should see a doctor and do an endoscopic test. If it's indeed ulcer, you'll have to undergo regular treatment, because it's caused by a very resistant bacteria.

Raf.

Hi Raf and Bubu - important to get the look down there. Lesions are no fun. The valve down there can leak if it is scared or the muscle weakened. H. Pylori (a rather unusual type of screw shaped bacteria) was once called Campylobacter pyloridis. It is a Gram-negative, microaerophilic bacterium found in the stomach. It survives the stomach acid, and it burrows into the tissues. Said to cause the irritation which festers into an open wound, the mechanism to try to flush out the irritation turns on more acid, more irritation, more sores.. when the valve that prevents the acid from backing up the esophagus to the throat gets affected, it becomes absolutely yucky. What Raf described is the right method to deal with the ulcers (if there). The bacteria I have found of all things can happen from eating a cheese which has been contaminated. Sorta like how Listeria outbreaks can happen from contaminated milk products.. Normally there is a fight happening between the pro-biotics and the "other" bacteria. (i find Primadophilus children grade to be the best starter flora). pH balancing like the others have said works to adjust the acid-base levels (pH) to turn off excessive acid, but if there is an ulcer condition and H. Pylori bacteria, the acid levels will reset to a new threshold and the condition will not be "cured", just temporarily managed. Anti-biotic treatment for the H. Pylori does take a LONG TIME to get rid of it (frequently recycles of antibiotics). The problem is this bacteria likes to "screw" it self, (burrow), beneath the stomach lining to HIDE from any assault to eradicate it. It is insidious. It wasn't confirmed until 1982 and people have suffered from it for ages. Treatment data: As of 2006, a standard medical triple therapy is amoxicillin, clarithromycin and a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole, lansoprazole, pantoprazole or esomeprazole. Protocols with metronidazole were also in use. To need to use two antibiotics means the bugger is very determined to stick around. Doc's have said 80% cure rate with the therapy, and that means the buggers are determined to make one's life miserable and them happy living off you. I have had H. Pylori and the key is to help the muscle at the stomach-esophagus heal and get rid of the nasty bacteria and bring in the bacteria that works with young kids.. The very strong acidoiphillus has never been a winner for me, the primadolphilus has. Hoping for you to feel better soon. Bob

RunningDeer
2nd October 2013, 16:43
I second what 1inMany says. Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar cured my two tablet a day habit of Zantac within two days. I drink it first thing in the morning. 1T in glass 6 oz of H2O. After, I rinse and gargle because acid is not good for teeth. I also read if you brush your teeth still rinse before for obvious reasons. It's found in the health food isle of most super markets.

* The update on the above is that I don't even think to take the vinegar. It appears to have balanced the system out.

Peace & Hearts, without the heartburn,
Paula

Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
5fSTuSEHRuc

These were personal account that change it all: Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar & Acid Reflux
(http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/vinegar-and-acid-reflux.html)
Treatment

Dietary and lifestyle changes such as:

The reduction or elimination of foods and other intakes that can increase the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach and/or relax the LES muscle (and thereby aggravate the problem) such as nicotine (from smoking), alcohol, chocolate, high fat meals, foods which contain high amounts of calcium and protein, and certain calming herbs like peppermint.
Losing weight if you are overweight or obese since excess body weight puts extra pressure the stomach and surrounding muscles which can force open the LES valve when it shouldn't be. Similarly, eating smaller meals will reduce the pressure on the LES muscle.

Vinegar and Acid Reflux - The Natural Home Treatment

A third approach (a popular natural home remedy) to help reduce or eliminate acid reflux is to take the following apple cider vinegar tonic:

Natural ACV Tonic - 2 or 3 teaspoons (10-15 ml) in an 8 ounce glass of water, before meals or whenever heartburn is experienced.

One underlying theory here is that the acetic acid in vinegar lowers stomach acidity (increases its pH) since acetic acid is a weaker acid than hydrochloric acid. It is also believed that vinegar (acetic acid along with its acetate salt) may help buffer and maintain stomach acid at a pH level of about 3.0. In this milder acidic environment, the stomach can still efficiently digest food but it causes less problems with the esophagus and thus less heartburn.

Another theory contends that the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) is a pH sensitive valve. When there is food in the stomach with insufficient acid present, the LES valve can periodically flop open, causing acid reflux. Too little acid in the stomach may be caused by different factors, but one of the most common one is that, as we grow older, our body does not produce as much stomach acid.

Personal Accounts:

For over 2 years I was taking Zantac and needed it more, more, more like many others on here.

A lot of it had to do with my diet but Zantac is a dangerous crutch in my opinion and makes you need it. Eventually it didn't matter what I ate, I would get indigestion especially late at night constantly waking up at 4 a.m. with horrible indigestion.

My wife (a natural doctor) had told me dozens of times to start taking ACV but I thought I knew better and thought she was crazy. I did try ACV a couple of times but I think my stomach was so jacked up it would make me vomit everything immediately because it was such a shock for my stomach.

So I used Zantac for a few years to the point where I needed it every day, I decided I needed to try something different as the route other people went taking Nexium and even higher doses of Zantac couldn't be the solution.

I found this forum and first started with baby steps of taking ACV.

First I started with 8oz of water and about 2 teaspoons of ACV a few times during the day and one before bed. Initially it was really difficult to stomach but I held it down. I definitely saw an immediate change in my stomach acid levels and my reflux. Over a week or so I eventually worked my way up to 2 TABLESPOONS and 8oz of water. I started to notice the more ACV I took the better I felt and the less symptoms I'd have at night.

I had cured my daytime acid reflux but still had night time.

Finally, I decided to try ACV and do just 2 tablespoons (no water) before bed, now, 3 days later I have no night time waking for reflux which had been causing sleep interruption for 2-3months. It's really a miracle, I thought I was going down the road to getting cancer of the esophagus, this product is amazing!

I stumbled across this site a few months ago. I have been on prescription Prilosec for 6 years and it wasn't helping anymore.

I read about all the bad side effects from being on that medicine and was scared of the damage it might be doing to me.

I really didn't think this would work---I mean, it really defies all logic---taking an acid to control acid......but, I was desperate.  I stopped taking my Prilosec, and tried it before a meal. It worked, but only for a few hours.  I kept taking the ACV with water before all meals, and also before bedtime.  I began to get discouraged that it wasn't "lasting"....but that all changed after the 8th day.

I have been using this for a little over a month now and only have to take it ONCE every few days. It's a miracle.  I'm so happy I have broken the cycle of suffering on those medications.

If you don't get relief right away, please keep trying for at least 10 days. It will work--it just takes time, especially if you have it really bad like I did.

minkton
2nd October 2013, 17:18
YOU NEED ENZYMES.

Try UDO's CHOICE.

Antagenet
2nd October 2013, 17:28
for acid reflux, apple cider vinegar
for acidic ph in the body, COFFEE ENEMAS worked for me.

Bob
2nd October 2013, 18:14
I have been suffering from hyper acidity for more than 20 years now. .

That definitely sounds chronic and not something briefly that may be out from wrong pH which vinegar will treat as Paula points out. Chronic means something is there that has been out for a long time. 20 years is a long time.

I see that your member location shows Philippines - I pulled up some successful treatments that have been used in the Philippines - recent 2012, 2009:

http://www.philstar.com/opinion/765482/hybrid-therapy-highly-effective-h-pylori
http://globalnation.inquirer.net/cebudailynews/opinion/view/20090427-201713/H-pylori-infection

the discoverers of this conditions' cause got them the Nobel Prize for their understanding and successful treatment. That sound's pretty significant considering how many chronic prolonged infections are out there keeping people in misery. In 2005, they were awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, for their prepared mind and tenacity to challenge the prevailing dogmas. (J. Robin Warren, a pathologist from Perth, Australia, who made the initial observation, and Barry J. Marshall, a young clinical fellow, collaborated in the clinical studies that proved Warren?s theory as correct). Low level non-complete "treatment" attempts result in the creation of TREATMENT RESISTANT bacteria. That leads to CHRONIC conditions where treatment afterwards will most likely become difficult.

the last link: http://www.philendoscopy.org/data/articles/peptic_ulcer/index.php is also from a Philippines organization who offers help for those with chronic symptoms. (main page: http://www.philendoscopy.org/)

once the H. Pylori bacteria is eliminated, and any ulcers healed, and the muscles back to normal (including the pyroric valve), then the proper pH, the proper enzymes, the proper probiotics and greens can be used, but the risk is one can be continually being exposed. Any weakened immune system (and a 20 year chronic condition does definitely assault the immune system) may allow one to be re-infected. There was even an article I read that pointed out that mice and rats are a carrier of this, and canned foods the lids not being adequately washed sufficiently (and the can opener !) can spread the H. Pylori into one's food... It's not something to just brush over.. Good luck, and many blessings. Bob

cloud9
2nd October 2013, 22:35
O.K., as somebody who has been struggling with a similar problem for many years..... definitely apple cider vinegar which I used to take 1 teaspoon in half a glass of water or even more but you need to be careful with your teeth. By the way, it seems that the problem is not a lot of acid but too little. The effect of apple vinegar is very similar to what you would get by having half a lemon in a glass of water.

I take at least once a day 1/2 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate in half a glass of water, you can dilute it in more water but I just want to drink it fast. I take it every night before going to sleep.

This problem can be caused by many things, if you go to the physical stuff, try eliminating or reducing the best you can your intake of carbs, any carbohidrates will produce acidity in your stomach if you are sensitive to them; this means any kind of bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and all that good stuff. This is what has helped me the most, I used to eat a moderate amount of carbs mostly rice or potatoes but I decided to try this approach after listening to some lectures about the problem so now I just have a very small amount of carbs in just one of the two or three meals a day and many times I go with 0 carbs for the whole day.

If you try this I promise you you'll see a difference from the very first day. At the beginning it seems hard to do because... what are you going to eat? I'm becoming very lazy about cooking so many times I have a small amount of any meat (because it's flavorful) and a much bigger portion of vegetables or salad. When I eat like that I never have acidity and I feel a lot better.

Somebody suggested drinking milk before going to bed but this is the worst thing you can do. Also, you need to eat at least 4 or 5 hours before going to bed at least for some time and see what happens, you'll also see a big difference if you do this.

If you go to the metaphysical stuff, acidity means that there's something that corrodes you, you can't handle the constant bickering, fear, frustration and negativity, feel rejected, disappointed, sad. Too much going on, can't digest life's challenges and difficulties. Easily irritated, feeling uncertain of yourself and the future, something in your life that you can't digest. A little bit of soul searching would do a lot of good. All this feelings and emotions are unconscious, meaning that it's not something you can point out and say: hey, I have acid in my stomach because I had a disagreement with my wife this morning... it can be but there's much more about it. Feelings of anger, frustration, etc. have been accumulating slowly but surely and you are not aware of it. You have no idea how much forgiveness can do.

nenosema
3rd October 2013, 00:19
Lemon tea is good for alkalizing your esophagus, if you drink it slow and let it get to all the surface area that's bothering you, you should feel better within several minutes.
what I do is get some fresh lemons cut them in half and then put them in the freezer.. When I'm making the tea I take one out and shave everything even the peel into the water. (the peels are actually really good for you) and maybe throw some blueberries in there too

::

AutumnW
3rd October 2013, 00:50
I am allergic to red wine, black tea and all sorts of other things, list as long as my arm. It's the tannins in the red wine and tea. They give me migraine head aches. If my diet is too acidic, it affects my GI tract, but the worst symptom is very sore muscles. Have no idea why. Anyway...don't know if this will help you but it helps me. When I am tossing and turning with muscle pain, I take a teaspoon of baking soda mixed in a cup of water. It is very safe, a kind of folk remedy. It neutralizes acid. You have to stir it up really well. It should taste fairly salty. As far as I know, it doesn't raise blood pressure. Anyway...give it a try.

If you have tried all sorts of different cleanses, taken antibiotics, etc...for your problem you may have messed with the natural eco-system of your gut. Read up on that and find a solution, like pro-biotics. If they are yoghurt based you might not tolerate them well. See if you can find something that won't cause an acid problem.

Bubu
3rd October 2013, 01:22
Thank you all for your feedback.
I will try to look deeper into each advice and narrow down the problem and treatments

Demeisen
4th October 2013, 08:40
This is very timely thread. I have been trying to research about the subject as much as I can to find best methods to treat ulcers. Unfortunately this seems to be more difficult than one could anticipate. I thought the new-age field is the one that contains the most highest percentage of controversial information. I was wrong. The subject of correct procedure for treating ulcers seems to be even more controversial and fragmented field of information. One source says this and the other says the opposite... Sometimes there is the contradictory within the same single article! All sources seem to agree that with most of the cases of ulcers, there is a h. pylori infection. However that's about it where the consensus ends.

Claims & anti-claims:

+ You need to make your stomach more alkaline to eradicate h. pylori.
- No, h. pylori is actually making your stomach more alkaline so that it can survive. You need to increase your stomach acidity instead. Stomach must be acidic in order to stay healthy.

+ Stomach problems like heartburn and acid reflux are due to too much acid.
- No, actually it's the opposite what is generally accepted. If your stomach has too little acid your esophagus valve does not close properly.

+ You need to lower you acid levels (using drugs like omeprazol etc.) in order to heal ulcers.
- No, in the short run they seem to relieve the symptoms, but may lead to a condition where your stomach won't produce enough acid. Low acid = more problems.

+ h. pylori infection must be eradicated in order to heal stomach ulcers.
- No, the presence of h. pylori is not the problem, but the overgrowth is the problem. Eradicating h. pylori entirely may lead to other problems like acid reflux.

+ Garlic is good for healing excessive growth of h. pylori.
- Maybe, maybe not, but... it may irritate your ulcers.

+ Yoghurt and such are good treating ulcer symptoms.
- No, they may help first because they soften your stomach acidity. But then comes rebound.

+ Honey is a great antimicrobial treatment for ulcers.
- Absolutely not. You should cut all sugar intake so that the bacteria won't have comfortable breeding ground.

+ Cabbage juice is great for healing ulcers.
- Well, it could be but it may not be advisable because it may harm your thyroid function (contain goitrogens).

+ Ginger and apple cider vinegar are great for stomach problems.
- It depends on whether we agree first that they promote more acidity instead of alkalinity.

+ Baking soda helps ulcer and acidity problems.
- It makes your stomach more alkaline. That's not good. Stomach must be acidic so that bacteria won't survive there.

So, I'm even more clueless than I was in the beginning... Too much acid? Too little acid? Too alkaline? Too acidic? Pick one.

Agape
4th October 2013, 11:04
Are you drinking black tea , in any form , even as a milk tea, lemon tea ..

Where I grew up, tea for breakfast and tea all around was a norm ..so essentially , I 'grew up on tea' . Coffee was 'not for children ' , more than 30 years ago, there were not so many instant coffee powders in stores as they're now and coffee was prepared more traditional way,
pouring water over crushed coffee beans making strong bitter brew I essentially disliked anyway .
When I came to India as 19 year old my tea drinking habit turned to 'chai' habit as many times a day needed ( while I do not need to eat a lot, I still drink.. tea ) .

Years later and when I stayed up in the mountains for many years, where winters are especially cold ( notice cold is very bad for stomach and digestion in general ), without heating usually, pots of tea was what kept us all alive , in all forms .

Until and that was very cold winter season , I also ate packet of dried cheese and developed extreme hyperacidity , and painful reaction to about anything, solid or liquid touching my stomach . Tea especially . It was like drinking burning coals since then , could have been ulcer, I was intended on curing myself of course but no amount of magnesium tablets helped .
Besides that and when the condition lasted for month or two and even after it improved , I had to switch to coffee since then .
It's almost 10 years now since this occurred , I can not drink black tea , with exceptions of course, but it causes acidity in instant .

:tea:

The Truth Is In There
5th October 2013, 10:31
the reason for "hyperacidity", which is caused by the same mechanism that creates stomach and/or duodenal ulcers, is "territorial anger" in males (or hormonally male women) and what you could call "identity crisis" in women (or hormonally female men). i think the terms are self-explaining. if you suffer from the aforementioned diseases look for these causative conditions in your life, try to eliminate them, and if you're successful the diseases will disappear. dietary changes may help but won't eliminate the cause.

sigma6
6th October 2013, 05:52
Read the thread on turpentine. Turpentine is the natural oil or resin of the pine tree, similar in composition to Eucalyptus, but with a higher bp (boiling point). bp affects how well it will get into the intestine and the bloodstream. You said you consume a lot of sugar, although I agree natural sugar directly from cane is good for you. That is because it is loaded with vitamins, minerals and enzymes. But that is not the same sugar 99% of people consume or have access too. None the less too much of anything is not good, and that definitely includes sugar... It will make your body more acidic and prone to parasites, like candida... Being in a hot climate year round also contributes to a preponderance of molds, mildews etc... So it is easier to get in a warmer climate... And once the candida breaches the intestine and enters the blood stream, it's all downhill from there. A cascade of slow, inexorable complications, everything you have described. It is the root of ALL disease in my opinion, slowly weakening your immune system. The fight is so close at first you can't tell it's happening, but the constant ongoing battle slowly diminishes your bodily resources and defenses. It is truly insidious when you think this is happening to practically EVERYONE today. The only difference is the degree and the progression...

If you want to nip this thing in the bud, take the turpentine imo. Best get a 100% natural source pure gum spirits of turpentine, naturally distilled preferably, will give the best boiling point for entering the intestine and the blood stream. I think there is a fully thorough discussion on the the thread (search turpentine) with articles, pdfs, and my links to my mini library.
Good luck and do let me know your results... I think you will be pleasantly surprised in a few weeks...

ThePythonicCow
6th October 2013, 06:39
I think there is a fully thorough discussion on the the thread (search turpentine) with articles, pdfs, and my links to my mini library.
A link to the terpentine thread: 100% Pure Gum Turpentine & Kerosene - Kill deadly Candida, leave healthy bacteria alone! (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?63907-100-Pure-Gum-Turpentine-Kerosene-Kill-deadly-Candida-leave-healthy-bacteria-alone-)

It started out as the kerosene thread, but thanks to the work of the good Dr. Jennifer Daniels, and thanks to good turpentine being more readily available in the US, it has become more the turpentine thread.

Akasha
6th October 2013, 07:52
Try going vegan for three weeks and then see how you feel. The extra acid required to digest meat will certainly not be helping and may well be the cause. Green veg such as broccoli. spinach, kale will help neutralise the acid in the most harmonious way being alkaline in nature. Fresh fruit such as apple,bananas and water melon are also recommended.

nb: wasn't Timothy Leary suffering from hyper-acidity? :hippie:

music
7th October 2013, 01:20
Apple cider vinegar - yes, do it :)

Look at these two threads, ensure you have fermented foods in your diet

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?43548-The-gut-of-most-disease...-NOT-what-you-think-

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?58853-Fermentation-recipes-source-of-essential-pro-biotics.-Please-add-your-own.

A likely cause could by Helicobacter pylori infection facilitated by an imbalance of internal bacteria, resulting possibly from a diet that promotes acid formation. Take the apple cider vinegar, a live one, with mother of vinegar in the bottle (Braggs, or make your own, it's not hard). Look at foods that cause an acid or alkaline reaction in the body, links below

http://www.wellspringnaturopathic.com.au/acid-and-alkaline-forming-foods/

http://www.essense-of-life.com/moreinfo/healthtopics/A-701/foodcharts.htm

http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm

If the problem is serious, and it sounds like it is, then you will need to adhere to guidelines you find fairly strictly. See a naturopath if it is within your means, it will most likely be useless discussing this issue with a conventional doctor, unless you have an exceptional one.

Good luck.