PDA

View Full Version : The Event (2010 TV show)

childs hood end
16th October 2013, 10:45
This TV series THE EVENT is full of subject discussed on this forum...
iv watched all the episodes of series 1 three times and it hits home every time.
obviously its TV but theres a lot in der..
worth a watch................. on Netflix.

sirdipswitch
16th October 2013, 12:36
Hey!! childs hood end, great find!!

Bunch of good stuff on Netflix.

"Eureka", 5 seasons, of disclosure, with "Martha" being my favorite on the series.

"Alias".. All about what's possible in the Spy game. cc.

X-Files!!!!!!!!! Loaded...

"Surface"!!! Shows, ( in episode 14 - 15), a portion of our underground tunnel system, and the reason for it!!!

And then there's Star Trek, of course, which was our first big disclosure show. Star Trek, is our "real" space program. And their Home Base, is Mars. yep.

And then, Torchwood, Continuum, The Event, Bones.....

Forevernyt
16th October 2013, 13:17
Don't forget Fringe.

Cidersomerset
16th October 2013, 21:08
There has been some brilliant Sky-fi series in the last few years and I just saw the
first episode of the Tomorrow People, which is a take on the evolutionary sub
species of humans who are developing telepathy , teleportation etc....

I have wondered for decades like most on here probably, is it science fiction or
science fact that is driving advances of the last 100 years in particular from
covered wagon to TR - 3B, or a bit of both.

The Event came out when there was all the buzz about President Obama
disclosing the existence of ET's with the show having a handsome young
African/American President as one of the main charactors.

I have listened to well over a thousand hours of Bob Nevritts Ion material
and they discuss everything we do here, but from a different angle.
They say JJ Abrahams and many programme writers study the latest
conspiracy theories for story/plot lines and visa versa.Virtually everything
we discuss has been in either a book, film or TV series over the years.

Ions basic premise is we are all eternal entities / beings who create
everthing in the universe from the power/frequency of the spoken word.
Then it gets simple and complicated at the same time. Like all good
explanations of the meaning of life theories...LOL...

Don't forget Fringe.

Fringe is great ............

mS4siHwQd2A

KiwiElf
16th October 2013, 21:32
I particularly liked the last episode of the EVENT but it left us with a real cliff hanger - was the alien planet which appears in Earth orbit (and referred to as "home"), Nibiru? ;)

According to some sources, the meaningful "other ones" to watch are:

Gerry Andersons 1970's series, "UFO"
V (either series)
Lord of the Rings trilogy
The X Files (certain episodes - refer to various Google searches - many were based on actual FBI files)
Fringe
... and two recent movies, "ELYSIUM" (which is a great metaphor for what is happening on Earth now), and "THE HUNGER GAMES", which has 2 follow-on sequels in the works at the moment, one due for release very soon.

Some oldies which are very under-rated - "The Falcon and the Snowman" & "Manchurian Candidate", "The Day the Earth Stood Still"
.... the list could go on a long way including 2001, They Live, Close Encounters, Stargate & certain episodes of STAR TREK & Battlestar GALACTICA, the movie "The Time Machine", etc etc - all possess elements, reflections & metaphors of truth

Delight
16th October 2013, 22:24
Did anyone like my favorite "The 4400"?

http://www.iwatchthe4400.com/

Ellisa
16th October 2013, 22:49
4400 started really well, but, in my opinion, sort of lost momentum. Maybe the start was TOO good.

If we are going to talk oldies-- my vote is Blake's Seven, and I am still watching Dr Who, though I did not like the latest guy and look forward to Peter Capaldi, though who could possibly replace David Tennant? One of my real favourites was a Canadian series with lovely tall graceful, but slightly evil, aliens who flew strange aircaraft that were transparent! They examined lots of interesting alien/human relationships and conspiracies. It could have been called The Guardians, I can't remember!

I recently saw Elysium-- too much violence and people whacking other people for me- though it had a great premise. Also I did find Paradise looking like a Queensland resort hard to take too.

An excellent recent series called Black Mirror is about TV in the future. It is quite bleak and has some brilliant ideas.

I am hoping that a return of the X-files could be a reality -- that was an entertaining series. I haven't seen The Event. Has it been televised in Australia? It sounds OK.

G.Deluca
16th October 2013, 22:56
Rubicon is another great show
person of interest is also another one you should watch

Roisin
16th October 2013, 23:18
What about Firefly? That's another good one. I'm one of the lucky ones out there because I've never bothered with signing up for cable as anything I want to watch I'll watch it on my computer. But now thanks to Hulu (and recently, Netflix's trial version), over the past year, I've been able to watch all of those shows that were on the Sci-fi channel. Ha! Had no idea I was missing so much good entertainment! Battlestar Galactica was another good one btw.

Delight
16th October 2013, 23:23
One of my real favourites was a Canadian series with lovely tall graceful, but slightly evil, aliens who flew strange aircaraft that were transparent! They examined lots of interesting alien/human relationships and conspiracies. It could have been called The Guardians, I can't remember!

I have not seen the Event and I will look for it.
Is this what you meant Ellisa? I did not see it.

Earth: Final Conflict is a Canadian science fiction television series based on story ideas created by Gene Roddenberry (the creator of Star Trek), and produced under the guidance of his widow, Majel Barrett-Roddenberry. It was not produced, filmed or broadcast until after his death. It ran for five seasons between October 6, 1997, and May 20, 2002.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth:_Final_Conflict

Roisin
16th October 2013, 23:30
The Event is one worth catching. I found it very watchable and was disappointed that they canceled it. Another one I liked was the new "V". I never even knew that there was a older "V" series back in the 90's, btw. Really disappointed that they canceled the new "V" though. Seems like everything I like, they end up canceling it! Bummer.

Gardener
16th October 2013, 23:36
Wait a minute, if they are 'watching/listening' to alternative forums etc for their story lines, (I have suspected this), then they are creating some sort of a feedback loop. That's like creating a false collective consciousness.

Cidersomerset
17th October 2013, 00:32
Wait a minute, if they are 'watching/listening' to alternative forums etc for their story lines, (I have suspected this), then they are creating some sort of a feedback loop. That's like creating a false collective consciousness.

Bob said that Walter on Fringe was based on him, not sure about that but they look alike...LOL

John noble who plays Walter is a youthfull 66 years old. Bob Dobbs/Nevritt
was born in 1922 making him a very youthfull 91. I think the photo
below is a couple years old and he does not look any older today.
He explained it in the vid about ET's, that it was due to the
'I' block that he and his wife Dr.Carolyn Dean took in the 1960's
through 2000's, and now the RNA drops that have replaced them.
His shows that have now been combined to sat pm / sun am are
aprox 14 hours long non stop 'crazy stuff' ...LOL...

http://achieveradio.com/payday/

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eno8NXaEoxA/S-B4WHiI4LI/AAAAAAAAB64/eYWQcnZNiVY/s640/bob_dobbs_2.jpg

http://www.rounds.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dr-walter-bishop-fringe.jpg

John Noble.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking thru my archive trying to find Bobs 1999 ET lecture for anyone
looking in....

This is interesting Bob explains who killed JFK....

Bob Dobbs/Nevritt Reveals the Individuals Behind the Kennedy Assassination

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?52590-Bob-Dobbs-Reveals-the-Individuals-Behind-the-Kennedy-Assassination

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the Illuminati Know about ET's & Human evolution.....

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?38141-What-the-Illuminati-Know-about-ET-s-Human-evolution.....

================================================== =

Related thread.....I've put several threads up.

CLASSIC...UFO FILES - Hangar 18 The UFO Warehouse....Hanger 18 Movie ....Roswell & others..

Classic UFO documentaries and movies for those interested in these cases..I've
added some other cases that have possibly been the basis or inspiration of films,
feel free to add any, I have not necessary put up the best docs to start the thread
off so post any of your favourites cheers Steve.....

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?62259-CLASSIC...UFO-FILES-Hangar-18-The-UFO-Warehouse....Hanger-18-Movie-....Roswell-others..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fringe...Sci=Fi & Disclosure

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30842-Fringe...Sci-Fi-Disclosure

Fades

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30997-Fades

KiwiElf
17th October 2013, 00:33

True,.. but even these alternative forums do that too (ie create a false collective consciousness) - well perhaps not false, but expansions or reflections of what "possibilities" might be around at the time. Look at how many sensational predictions here on Avalon never came to pass; eg, 2012 & the Ascension versus destruction - what part did the movie "2012" play in that, in shaping peoples beliefs? (and keep an eye on ISON - is it another replay of ELENIN or just another comet that may not turn out to be as spectacular as even NASA have hyped?). That's not to say these ideas are wasted tho. A movie/TV series can portray a real event in a much more powerful way that perhaps is not so "in-your-face" as a documentary or news event.

Someone once claimed that most sci-fi material was based on the works of H G Wells, Tolkien and other "greats". STAR WARS for example, is pretty much Lord of the Rings in a different setting and characters.

In saying that, we all have the ability to tap into this source, through our creativity, visions, dreams and just good imaginations.

Recently I've been enjoying old classic sci-fi comic books (big comic fan here ;)): I'm dying for someone like Peter Jackson to make a movie of the epic series "Trigan Empire": space craft and ray-guns in an ancient Roman-looking culture. Another favourite are the DAN DARE stories, Britain's equivalent of Buck Rogers which was the mainstay of the UK's EAGLE comic for decades.

Also, look at how spacecraft were portrayed in say,... the original 30's Flash Gordon, along with evil Ming and Planet Mongo disturbing the weather, creating diseases on Earth and about to destroy it, or at best, enslave it (and even the 1980's remake).

The Judge Dredd series is a good read, too - along with the remake movie "Dredd" starring Karl Urban as Dredd - way better than the earlier Sylvestor Stallone version :)

Have to admit, if I was going to do a sci-fi story, it would be based on other stuff that people have done and a mix of life experiences & what I've learned in forums like this. Some fact,... some fiction... infinite possibilities! :)

KiwiElf
17th October 2013, 00:47
Ooops - should have mentioned the "Dark Skies" series which came out in about 1996/7? It was based on most of the known conspiracy theories including the JFK assassination, Roswell, the Gary Powers shootdown, (except it's a UFO involved),. Area 51, the Grays as a parasitic being, and the primary focus that MJ-12 was running everything. Recommended :)

Delight
17th October 2013, 00:57
The Outer Limits made great TV when we had rabbit ears and a small screen. This episode is time travel TV based on Harlan Ellison, adapted from his 1957 short story "Soldier From Tomorrow".

"Night comes too soon on the battlefield. For some men it comes permanently; their eyes never open to the light of day. But for this man, fighting this war, there is never total darkness. The spidery beams of light in the sky are the descendants of the modern laser beam — heat rays that sear through tungsten steel and flesh as though they were cheesecloth. And this soldier must go against those weapons. His name is Qarlo, and he is a footsoldier, the ultimate infantryman. Trained from birth by the State, he has never known love, or closeness, or warmth. He is geared for only one purpose: to kill the Enemy. And the Enemy waits for him…"

2GTYUHjFwKE[/YOUTUBE]

I saw "On the Beach" on a Sunday afternoon at my grandmother's house and it riveted and was terrifying as it is about the end of the world.

8mxvx9gQ8k0[/YOUTUBE]

rn7JAE5D39o

Cidersomerset
17th October 2013, 00:58
Ooops - should have mentioned the "Dark Skies" series which came out in about 1996/7? It was based on most of the known conspiracy theories including the JFK assassination, Roswell, the Gary Powers shootdown, (except it's a UFO involved),. Area 51, the Grays as a parasitic being, and the primary focus that MJ-12 was running everything. Recommended

I was just looking at that the thread, the U'tube has been taken down.

Dark Skies (2013) ...Strong Alien abduction movie....

I was surprised to find this on U/tube I watched it a few months ago
and it is quite hard hitting, and taking the subject seriously if a bit
darkly imo. But who knows some people have reported good contact/
abductions others have been terrified, and we don't know how many
have never been heard from again.

Dark Skies (2013)

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?62267-Dark-Skies--2013--...Strong-Alien-abduction-movie....

KsditLBJnC4

================================================== =

Thanks Delight I watched the pilot of 4400 earlier and its not bad.

_uOhdOOgt6k

KiwiElf
17th October 2013, 01:08
Yup, can get the original Dark Skies on torrent (oooer,... am I allowed to suggest that??) :eek: The 2013 movie vsn is quite different.

KiwiElf
17th October 2013, 01:22
What was the mini-series that featured a newly discovered "water creature" which initially starts off as quite a cute little lizard-thing the size of a rabbit, then rapidly grows to enormous size - only saw bits of episodes... one scene I recall was a huge one swimming up under a boat and swallowing it whole, and another scene where a boy was keeping one as a (small) pet: him and his friend invites some girls over and it eats her dog in the swimming pool! gahhhhh - wasn't too long ago???

EDIT: Ahhh, Found it, "Surface" released in 2005-6 - the dangers of genetic engineering! :)

Delight
17th October 2013, 01:26
This is a fun thread...thanks Child Hoods End.

Yup, can get the original Dark Skies on torrent (oooer,... am I allowed to suggest that??) :eek: The 2013 movie vsn is quite different.

Here is an open commons old darkskies episode..that should balance you to neutral.

http://archive.org/details/DarkSkies-OldTvMovieAboutUfoProjectBlueBook

childs hood end
17th October 2013, 21:35
loads a new bitts to watch... thanks all.
im watching dark skies now.
rubicon is cool... strange thing about 13 is our car reg plates here go by the year.. example: in Dublin a 1990 car = 90D xxxxxxx, 1999 = 99D xxxxxxx, 2000 = 00D xxxxxxxx,
2009 = 09 D xxxxxxx, but for cars registered in 2013 they changed the plates to 131 D xxxxxxx due to 13 been unlucky ? strange.
https://www.google.ie/search?q=irish+car+reg+plates&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=zFVgUpvHBrPy7Abj5oH4BA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=767

KiwiElf
19th October 2013, 04:26
There have been a few spin-offs from the remake Battlestar Galactica series that are quite "reflective", too - Just watched "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome" - a young Adama as a rookie on his first mission. Maybe it's not such a good idea to make robots as servants ;) Have yet to see "Caprica"

Ellisa
20th October 2013, 00:20
Thanks Delight--- It was Final Conflict! Your post(with all the crazy plots on Wikipedia), reminded me how much fun it was, but also that I did not watch the last episodes (by then the series was on at about 3am!). It went a bit pear-shaped in the end! They were amazing aliens though!

The reason that the plots of Star Wars, L of the R and others seem familiar is that they closely follow the traditional tales that reach back to the beginning of story-telling. There is the archetypal hero, he is on a quest, often for a talisman. He is often fatherless, he is often wounded and receives a somehow almost 'holy' wound. He is often granted a magical weapon of some sort. He usually has a band of followers. The tale then plays out through 'testing' of the hero and his gang. One of the most well-known quest stories is that of King Arthur, which also has parallels with Star Trek and Wars .

Although these tales are gender specific (no woman go on quests), but they do feature very briefly to give birth to the hero (often dying in the process) or as a an authority figure to endow him with the enchanted artefact or as a loyal supporter in the crew. She also smiles prettily at him, and sometimes has his son- no daughters allowed. Then she usually dies!

I still do enjoy watching and reading SF though, and have got some great ideas from the suggestions in this topic discussion. I must find "Surface"-- it sounds a bit different.

By the way, has anyone seen 'Gravity" yet? It's on here in 3D- I think I'll go and see it!

Cidersomerset
21st October 2013, 12:01
Thanks Delight for reminding me of this series, I can remember it from its promotion
but I did not have sky and forgot about it until you mentioned it in an earlier post.
I have been having a crash catch up which is handy with the web. I watched the
first five episodes of series one and could not find episode six, until I realised there
was only five in the first season. I have just watched episode 10 season 3, which
is about the government creating a super soldier programme alongside the main
storyline. It is a good series and I recognise most of the plots from previous sci
-fi serious and some used in later ones like Fringe.

Its a great way for government projects to be kept secret by muddying the
fine line between fact and fiction. I think many of the concepts from these
shows are either on the drawing board or in society or secret projects already.

As the web proves, its funny to look back for me how far thing have changed
in my life time, though living thru it tends to acclimatise change and may be
one of the many reasons the PTB keep much under wraps.

The science of Star Trek were good documentaries in the 1980/90's showing
how Science and Science fiction drive each other. I have been given a new
piece of kit in work a PDA scanning machine, now quite simple tech to
scan certain letters for quicker process.

It remind me of Bones and his medical Tricorder scanner in the 1960's ...LOL

Royal Mail to order 120,000 mobile devices worth up to £300m
http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipad-iphone/news/?newsid=3412723

This episode can be watched as a one off with the super soldier
theme, but there are also parts to the main theme running thru
the show.

mB0Xlxi5seg

muxfolder
21st October 2013, 15:48
The Event was really good show and just when it was getting really interisting it got cancelled. I was pretty pissed off about that actually. But what can you do about? Nothing really. It's all about how many viewers and broadcasting companies are not willing take any risks these days.

By the way, I just finished watching Fringe last night. Saw all the episodes and just loved it. I thought it was very well written and almost all the episodes seemed to be linked somehow plus it got nice closure too. It's really a shame there's no more than 5 seasons. John Noble did excellent job in it too. Another strange thing is this show didn't even win Emmy. Not one.

Another great show I've followed is Continuum which is bit like Fringe. At least in that time travelling sense. It's about corporations taking over the world and some people resisting it and of course those who resist are labeled terrorists.

Dark Skies was one of those shows I accidently saw on tv and it really was very fascineting. There's a lot of conspiracy-stuff involved which to me was one more reason to go online and do some research on my own. Very good show.

Is Outer Limits mentioned yet?

KiwiElf
23rd October 2013, 01:56
Having now enjoyed "Surface" in full (phew, 15 episodes) - it was quite addictive, have just viewed another - a 3-part, 2005 mini-series called, "The Triangle". Starring Sam Neill & Lou Diamond Philips, it's about a shipping Billionaire who invites an unusual team of four individuals together to find definitive proof of what is happening in the Bermuda Triangle (with an interesting tie-in to the Philadelphia Experiment). The reward? $5 million each if they can find the answer. (And of course, the US Navy is involved in a secret experiment which could destroy the world). An interesting look into parallel dimensions and timelines - quite watchable! :)

Here's a listing of the most popular sci-fi mini-series from IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?genres=sci_fi&sort=moviemeter,asc&title_type=mini_series

Delight
23rd October 2013, 19:11
Here's a listing of the most popular sci-fi mini-series from IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?genres=sci_fi&sort=moviemeter,asc&title_type=mini_series

Thanks so much for your update and suggestions. I looked at the list and found "Black Mirror". I have not seen it but apparently the theme is concerning our relationship with technology? Each episode is stand alone like the twilight zone.

1st episode on vimeo...
http://vimeo.com/60133532

trailer
pimqGkBT6Ek

Youtube has a few episodes

buhQ_864GoI

Carmody
24th October 2013, 02:30

I'm fully aware that this is going on.

As a matter of fact, I count on it.

I encourage it, I feed it, I give them what they want.

We're far enough behind on the collective awareness front, right now, that a false collective consciousness is the lesser of the worries.