PDA

View Full Version : "These headlines taste like moldy fishsticks"

Crazy Louie
17th October 2013, 13:33
This is a truth that has been coming to me. While we can agree that mainstream media is a complete waste of time one also has to ask if the internet is also a waste of time.

I think of

Matthew 16:26
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

and I come to realize that the internet is a way of gaining the whole world on an individual level. at first blush we would think the words mean owning the whole world or having control of the whole world - but since that is out of so many peoples reach we can then see perhaps gain can be interpreted in other ways.

with the recent government thing we all knew better than trust the mainstream media however what did we glean from the internet? the time spent in keeping current was about the same. and the results were the same. wasted thought energy.

To the point - we are taken from meaningful thoughts into the world of confusion and wasted time with rhetoric ricochetting into sub atomic levels of redundancy. we are cats chasing the laser pen beam on the wooden floor.

Yes it seems we are gaining the whole world depending on our skills of the keyboard but what are we losing.

It seems like the answer is easy - just use discernment - however when you think about it how much has our discernment been tainted into various manifestations of fragmented clarity regarding anything at all. "by god your thoughts look like 30 minute old chem trails."

Our wisdom changes daily - does gods?

Now when jesus said Keep watch so you do not get caught unprepared was he talking about looking out your bunker with night vision goggles or was he talking about keeping a watch on your soul.

We think we are keeping watch but what are we watching? The world? What can the world offer at this point in time? Confusion and delusion. Watching the world via the internet just seems to be clogging us up more. Instead of 5 or 7 mainsteam media news directions we could follow we have 1000's of internet major players with hundreds of thousands other bit players. -- We don't seem to be gaining anything.. just speed.

"Oh you're here too?"

My conclusion is one has to move from the partial conversation with god to the full time conversation with god to have any chance at all in not gaining anything at all from the world and understanding why that matters so intensely.

As it stands now - I think the plan from planet 666 is they want to blow out our gaskets with so much stupid pretense and pretend drama that our brains turn to goo and by the time things really happen - we will gladly put on the yoke having known it for so long in all the forms they have presented us with.

And at that time having served it purpose the internet will be turned into a government run franchise with a tightely controlled menu. moldy fishsticks - "yum good."

ulli
17th October 2013, 14:08
I had just put this paragraph to my clipboard, as it came bouncing into my memory,
not quite knowing what to do with it...when I saw this thread.

So here it shall be placed, making perfect sense in the context of a need for
some fresh fish with which to feed the 5000....
From the feather pen and inkpot of Baha'u'llah

"He is not to be numbered with the people of Bahá who followeth his mundane desires,
or fixeth his heart on things of the earth.

He is My true follower who, if he come to a valley of pure gold,
will pass straight through it aloof as a cloud, and will neither turn back, nor pause.

Such a man is, assuredly, of Me.

From his garment the Concourse on high can inhale the fragrance of sanctity….

And if he met the fairest and most comely of women,
he would not feel his heart seduced by the least shadow of desire for her beauty.

Such an one, indeed, is the creation of spotless chastity.
Thus instructeth you the Pen of the Ancient of Days,
as bidden by your Lord, the Almighty, the All-Bountiful."

grannyfranny100
17th October 2013, 18:15
OWL , with the goo I call my brain, I must compliment you on your imagery from the thread title moldy fish sticks on to the brain goo!

I am of a generation that didn't have computers and complained when computers replaced library card catalogues. Back in the days of Apple's first laptop, I couldn't understand why anyone would need floppy disks because internet searches lacked extensive databases. All that has changed extensively and internet pages are now more cluttered with ads than newspapers in the olden days.

I am happy that we have extensive access to information. Back in my college research days, we were required to buy subscriptions to foreign newspapers for a more comprehensive perspective on world current events and wait endlessly for airmailed copy to arrive. Now they are just a click away. I am also glad that new resources such as whowhatwhy have come on board to conduct investigative journalism and keep digging after the headlines have become moldy, old fish sticks. I am thrilled that I can sign up to be notified of new posts on a topic of my interest. And since my senior eyes find telephone type hard to read, I like using computer for that task, too.

One can fold under the cognizant dissonance of the internet, use it only for email or games. And if one just seeks someone to tell them what to think, there are all kinds of internet radio shows that will scream out what they want you to think. It certainly can be overwhelming if your goal is discernment.

Loved your imagery of "we are cats chasing the laser pen beam on the wooden floor." Sadly that is an apt description of what is considered education these days. Along with religion education, both seem focused on memorization and regurgitation. Thoughtful discernment, acumen and critical thinking skills are out of favor. Of course this is great for advertisers who just want you to read a sound byte headline, absorb a product ad and click back into mindlessness.

I also understand your concern about spiritually in all this. The internet can be a seductive distraction from one's core beingness. I find nature to be the best guide on my spiritual welfare. Perhaps that is why TPTB seem so intent on destroying all that is natural. A simple walk teaches us a lot without words and restores our souls.

Also our dreams teach us. Recently my sleeping state have been visits to my existence in parallel worlds and not the haunting nightmares of my youth. Some seem to be worlds where we have advanced beyond cumbersome words and more like I imagine telepathic communication. It is very refreshing change from endless TV everywhere you go and thumping music from car music systems. Reminded me of a no talking party I gave 50 years ago. People quickly grabbed kitchen colanders and candles and created light patterns on the wall while others drummed on oatmeal containers and pots and pans. So don't rule out non verbal communication as an important route to spiritual growth.

But don't dismiss your wonderful way with words. Poetry with moldy fish sticks and brain goo could be refreshingly delightful antidote to our everyday world. Go for it!