PDA

View Full Version : An Experiment : A Dare for ALL OF YOU

Bright Garlick
19th October 2013, 09:22
I like to disconnect from all my etoys, especially the internet, on a regular basis. I am about to have a week break from the internet (and likely all my toys) - starting this Monday (Ozzy time). I DARE YOU ALL TO JOIN ME GIVE YOURSELVES A WEEK BREAK FROM THE INTERNET. Dare yee abandon Project Avalon in droves !

A couple of things that I noticed in my former work as a therapist, was the rise in addiction to electronic toys. This addiction ran parallell to the collective addiction of people under the age of 30. I suspect that in time electronic addiction will be considered the tabacco of the 21st century.

There are several issues I see as significant in this electronic addiction :

Electronic toys such as mobile phones and wireless devices have strong EMF's which interfere with the natural EMF of the human body, disrupting natural energy flow, which creates long term physical, emotional and behavioural problems.
Many people substitute etoys and their etoy relationships for real relationships.
The use of many etoys occurs with a breach of normal personal boundaries - think for example of the 25 year olf girl having a capaccino with her 2 friends in a cafe while texting 5 of her friends and checking FB updates.
Etoys limit individual desire to connect with the real world and the natural world in particualr.
Etoy addiction leads to behavioural disturbances such as apathy, dependence, isolation (despite apparent connection),
Etoy addictiion leads to cognitive disturnaces such as multitasking, reduced attention and concentration and awareness
Etoy addiction leads to a loss of awareness of personal and familial boundaries and a loss of clear life priorities.
Etoy addiction leads to a loss or real world interactions and real world skill development.
Etoy addiction leads to generational dysfunction - as younger people forget how to talk tto older people.
Etoy addiction leads to a corruption of language as people abbreviate language and use emoticons - ignoring personal niceness, politeness and personal responsibility. The loss of normal behavioural and body language ques, speech and eye contact, alters how people choose to treat one another.
Etoy addiction leads to some ****ing big holes in the ground (thanks to coal use) and may well be the largest modern cause of environmental pollution, the destruction of ecosystems and loss of biodiversity.

So these are just a few reasons to have regular periods of electronic abstinence.

"Get off the internet and help the planet" is my motto !

Sometimes I see my Youtube channel (it's not a big one) and I am disgusted that it has contributed to so much environmental destruction.

Of course etoys present us with much that is good but I am trying to bring to attention that which damaging.

So that is my dare. Do what is good for you ! And see how your body, mind and heart respond when your energy is unaffected by the artificial energy of your etoy. And see what it does fro your creativity, your relationships and your enjoyment of the real world -without it's normal distractions. I for one see an upside to the collapse of the power grid !

Remember that episode in the Simpsons when all the kids are forced to play outside ?

Nothing personal Bill, because what you have created here is a wonderful community but would you dare to close PA for a week ?

This is the 3rd part of a small experiment I will bring to a conclusion in 8 days.

Operator
19th October 2013, 11:58
I support your idea of using less of this gadget filled world. But for me there is not much to reduce.

I DO have a smart phone because somebody gave me one (outdated model) , I didn't buy it. I don't like to use it as a phone.
My average conversation is less than 20 .. 30 seconds. Just take a message and communicate back via other means (land line or email).

I banned wifi from my house because my daughters have smartphones too and they would be glued to it all day long otherwise.
Besides wifi is not healthy ... especially if you're showered with it 24/7

So I do not use my smartphone to access internet or email too.

But because I am web-application software engineer I am all day long on internet of course. Which may look nice to some
people but being on a computer all day long can be pretty tiresome. And because a lot of my work in progress is visible
online my customers interact all the time in premature stages.

What I am reducing at the moment is listening to podcasts all day long. One of the things I use my smartphone for is filling
it up with archived podcasts, carry them with me and listen to them wherever possible. Although you can listen and perform
other jobs at the same time it will take energy from you. And after a while you start listening to the same topics over and
over again.

I changed it to listening more to music (like I did before). I like lots of different kinds of music and choose something
appropriate for the moment. It can be soft relaxing meditation music or classical (inspirational) music. But I also listen to e.g.
Movie sound tracks (it has the 'emotion' of the intended accompanying scenes) and hard rock, heavy metal or progressive
rock to boost energy. It may seem not so important but it REALLY IS ... to be aware of what you put in your head daily !!

I also try to interrupt my long computer sessions by watering the plants and my greenhouse etc. I think it's important to
spent some time between plants and trees daily (they're natural tranquilizers :cool:)

transiten
19th October 2013, 13:11
I agree 100%! My lymedisease saved me from getting stuck on fora like this. I've spent a lot of time with my 91 year old father, no internet, no smartphone, no TV, just the radio. Got an old Nokia. I love waking up in the morning in our summerhouse to the sound of birds even if it's just a raven or a crow....and Music:violin:Yes:music:

Patrikas
19th October 2013, 14:00
What a great idea B>G...i couldnt agree more
Its great to have connectivity to others our friends and family here in physical land ...
but not at the expense "by distraction" of the greatest gift of communication given to all of us
ourselves
our hearts our physical brain and our spiritual mind in unity together ......Peace

Operator
19th October 2013, 14:17
I've spent a lot of time with my 91 year old father

:thumb: I saw an educative cartoon recently it said:

Spend more time on your kids instead of spending money on them

We can't print our own money and will never possess infinite amounts of it. But spending time is free, it's a choice, we can have a lot of it.

So why are we always choosing to waste our time, earning money in order to replace time by money? We must be mad ...:loco:

ghostrider
19th October 2013, 14:45
you don't realize the effect until you step away ... electronic impulses from everything today are very subtile and complex , most of the people are in a trance and don't know it ... We live in an over advertised world , signs on everything , enhanced colors , commercials , hell you can't look at youtube vids without freaking commercials ... good experiment , unplug from the matrix , see who controls who ... are you thinking for yourself or being influenced ???

Snowflower
19th October 2013, 15:35
I spent four days isolated from all Internet and phone communication following the Colorado flood. It was quite peaceful. We had nothing to do but wait - besides daily chores of course, mostly animal care. Then we got Internet and phone back, but spent the next eight days still isolated due to an impassable road. As a small community mostly related (my husband, son's and daughter's families, plus one couple and their newborn) we got together daily for news updates from satellite TV and evenings to play board games. It was a window into seeing how this community might relate to each other when SHTF.

I recognize my electronic addiction, but don't know if I am going to be able to take action against it. My craving to be in the know about what is happening on the planet is too big. Example: what is going to happen when they pull off the grid down drill next month? Is it a false flag set up or will it come and go with no apparent consequence? How could I disconnect myself intentionally and not be aware of that? For several years, I have made the statement that I will know when SHtF when I can't find out what happened, because all communication between cities will cease abruptly. We will know what happened - or didn't - in our locality, but will have no idea why communication failed world wide. I don't think I want to put myself there voluntarily.

Operator
20th October 2013, 12:09
I recognize my electronic addiction, but don't know if I am going to be able to take action against it. My craving to be in the know about what is happening on the planet is too big. Example: what is going to happen when they pull off the grid down drill next month? Is it a false flag set up or will it come and go with no apparent consequence? How could I disconnect myself intentionally and not be aware of that? For several years, I have made the statement that I will know when SHtF when I can't find out what happened, because all communication between cities will cease abruptly. We will know what happened - or didn't - in our locality, but will have no idea why communication failed world wide. I don't think I want to put myself there voluntarily.

I think I know what you mean. But perhaps it's because we don't know any better. We're programmed to follow what others are telling us.
Although it may be easier said than done I think we should try to change it into following our OWN road. We keep reacting to what the
cabal is planning and rolling out. And one way they keep the status quo is that they keep us listening to THEIR BS since they control most
of the main stream media and often the alternative media too (by infiltrating it).

E.g. look at comet Elenin, so many people worried about it or wasted time to get 'informed'. Nothing happened ... was it worth it?
I think that far too much people (including me) are still listening more to too much doom and gloom messages instead of spending
sufficient time to change to a more sustainable life that automatically prepares you better for whatever is coming.