PDA

View Full Version : Shall We Kick The Calendar?

sushil soni
22nd October 2013, 05:59
All ancient calendars were of 360 days, consisting of 12 months of 30 days each. The Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Hindus, the ancient Persians, the Egyptians, the Romans, the South Americans and the Chinese – all followed the calendars of 360 days for repeated sowing and harvesting. This calendar was based on the rotation of the earth around the sun. Some civilizations followed lunisolar calendars which had the system of “Intercalcation” or an additional 30 days lunar month.

Then something happened and five days were added to 360 days. According to Immanuel Velikovsky, in his book “Worlds in Collision”, he has written that these five days were added sometimes in the 7th century BC. According to him, a series of catastrophes occurred that changed the axis and orbit of both the earth and the moon. The moon recedes to an orbit of less than 30 days to 29 and a half days. At the same time, the orbit of the earth changed to 365.3 days.

Till 1800 BC, Babylonians were using lunar calendar but during Nebuchadenezzar II, they stopped looking at the crescent moon and adopted the 365 days calendar. Yet, it was divided into 12 months with five extra days added at the end of the year.

The Egyptians devised their calendar based on based upon the appearance of Sirius to its original positions which happened to be after 365 days. Yet, it was divided into 12 months with 30 days each.

The Hebrews followed the crescent Moon but added the 13th month every so often. Yet, it was divided into 12 months of 30 days.

The Romans too, before Julius Caeser, followed the lunar calendar. Yet, it was divided into 12 months with 30 days each.

Now, let’s consider the following:

1/. For every once the Earth goes around the Sun, the Moon goes around the Earth 13 times.

2/. Right up to the 20th century, all pre-agricultural humans have followed Moon calendar.

3/. Actually the problem is with the so-called scientific thinking of a human “man”. The 13th Moon was always a problem for his “logical” thinking. There was always a 13th Moon which transited from one solar year to the next solar year. If the solar year was of 365.242 days, the 12 lunations were 354.367 days, with the thirteenth amounting to 383.5 days, a difference of 18.25 days more than solar days.

4/. Civilized “woman” never had a problem with lunar cycles. They always had this natural rhythm with nature and natural cycles. The menstrual cycle of 28 days is actually the mean between 29.5 days of moon cycle seen from earth (synodic) and 27.5 days of other lunation cycle.

5/. Everyone in olden times – Babylonians, Egyptians, Indian, Chinese – divided the 360 degree circle into twelve parts of 30 degrees each. So, the calendars were based on twelve months of 30 days yield.

8/. Even today Hindus, Islamic, Chinese, Jews follow lunar based dates for their festivals and rituals and depend on Gregorian calendar for economic and political affairs.

9/. The illogical nature of the Gregorian calendar divides 365.242 days into 12 uneven months – four months of 30 days, seven of 31 days and one of 28 days and giving an extra day every four years.

10/. Far more logical and easier way is to divide the solar years into 13 equal months of 28 days with an extra day free.

Physicist Mark Comings states: “The 12-month calendar has a cycle that is contrary to and out of phase with the natural annual 13-fold gravitational wave created by the Moon’s orbit around the Sun”.

This solar calendar has arisen from the flat perception of time or rather the linear perception of time which says that time flies like an arrow. This shows that 12 months corresponds to 12 hour-60 minute clock or 12:60 frequency. Or maybe, the No.13 was a taboo, something to be afraid of. It will not be out of place to point out here that the stress of linear time contributes to physical deterioration and disease.

“The simple and easiest way to re-programme your daily awareness of the actual nature of time is to follow the 13 Moon Calendar”, according to Dr Jose Arguelles, Ph.D.

sheme
22nd October 2013, 13:44
I often wonder if I would bother drawing notches on a wall to count the days and months if the big do do comes down, I don't bother with time much theses days and I only really try to know what day it is in case I get asked, I think it might be important to keep an approximate eye on the dates until we truly learn the seasons for our plantings . The Earth is about to/or is expanding some 5% so I have read-perhaps the year will be longer sooner than we think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3rholKox10 4 mins Music is a bit over dramatic suggest you turn your volume down

Snowflower
22nd October 2013, 20:14
I can't open the video from my iPad - is it the one by Neil Adams? If not, search his name and expanding earth in YouTube for the 10 minute video. Fascinating.

About calendars. The Baha'i calendar is 19 months of 19 days each with 4 or 5 days in February as "intercalary days." I have wondered if the orbit might shift to slightly closer to the sun or faster in orbit to make it exactly 361 days, when the shift happens.

sheme
22nd October 2013, 22:28
Thanks for the Neal Adams link snowflower -what an interesting group of short videos- I am hooked by this enlightened man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOp8j6eOBlI&list=PL5A1097F4E958728D