PDA

View Full Version : Watch How The Media and Wall St Manipulate Us (video 1 minute)

rgray222
3rd November 2013, 23:35
The manipulation of the public by the media and wall street is virtually everywhere. Most of us are well aware of the political misdirection, omissions and blatant lies when it comes to politics but we seem to have forgotten how deceptive the ad agencies are when it comes to pushing/selling products.

It is my belief that every child that watches television should be shown this video. Young children are attempting to aspire to a physique and image that is impossible to achieve.

Watch how makeup and photoshop turns one women into a virtual Barbie doll. The next time you see a perfect model in an advertisement you might want to reflect on how what you are looking at is not at all realistic. The damage to everyone’s self image and the distortion our standard of beauty is enormous.What amazes me is that we seem to be accepting of this manipulation. Have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olPPOsV2wHQ

LivioRazlo
4th November 2013, 00:49
Wow! That is incredible.

Flash
4th November 2013, 01:05
putting the unrealistic dream of wannabe like this on my daughter's Facebook. Thanks

Bubu
4th November 2013, 03:52
video taken down already? can't access it.

OMG
4th November 2013, 05:18
video taken down already? can't access it.

Here's the video:

olPPOsV2wHQ

markpierre
4th November 2013, 06:20
Not naked enough for me. Needs bigger eyes. And still too fat.

Bubu
4th November 2013, 10:01
nice vid thanks

mgray
4th November 2013, 11:49
I would suggest changing the title to "Watch how advertising manipulates us." Since neither Media (in its traditional sense) or Wall St. were involved.

Mulder
4th November 2013, 18:57
The manipulation of the public by the media and wall street is virtually everywhere. Most of us are well aware of the political misdirection, omissions and blatant lies when it comes to politics but we seem to have forgotten how deceptive the ad agencies are when it comes to pushing/selling products......
Watch how makeup and photoshop turns one women into a virtual Barbie doll. The next time you see a perfect model in an advertisement you might want to reflect on how what you are looking at is not at all realistic. The damage to everyone’s self image and the distortion our standard of beauty is enormous.What amazes me is that we seem to be accepting of this manipulation. Have a look.

I agree with your "body image" idea, but also psychologically, many people have this attitude of entitlement because they see Posh Spice on TV and think they "deserve her life. Not to mention all this rude & selfish behaviour comes from modelling TV characters off shows like Nip/Tuck. Many people are walking around the malls and work-places in a dream state as the flicker rate of TV hypnotises them into this "unreal" view of what their life should be....