PDA

View Full Version : Bullying: interesting video, another view point

Flash
9th November 2013, 02:40
I found this video particularly interesting in terms of understanding a day in the life of a bullied student at school

The title is "bullying at school" harcèlement à l'école

At the end of the video, what is written in French is :

A day at work does not look like this

What about a day at school?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpT9PL8RCw0

Carmen
9th November 2013, 03:39
What was the point of that video?

Flash
9th November 2013, 04:18
What was the point of that video?

I think the point of the video is to make parents understand how it feels like to be bullied, mostly to have men understand it, since it is men that are in the video.

If men understand it, they may start protecting the children and acting for their home bullies to stop bullying others at school.

Most people do not understand how it feels like. But when you apply it in a work environment, you start seeing how awful it is. And understanding the children, bullies and bullied alike.

An exercise in empathy for the children.

it is a French video, maybe if won't hit the nerve of Americans or British because of cultural différences. it did hit my nerve.

x_factor
9th November 2013, 10:52
Whenever mainstream media gets a hold of a topic, and starts to shove it down our throats, I become VERY suspicious. And bullying is one such topic. Online bullying in particular has been highlighted in mainstream media, which suggests that this issue is being leveraged to roll out a campaign calling for stricter regulation of the internet, where one is forced to log in with their real name, and perhaps other identifying information.

This is likely a campaign in the mold of problem - reaction - solution, which will almost inevitably result in less freedom on the internet.

Nanoo Nanoo
9th November 2013, 11:04
Flash you are trying to promote egalitarianism from a biased view point. That will never work.

Girls bully each other all the time but you dont want to know or talk about that do you ?

your biased view is anger revisited over and over and over and it has a deep hold on you

men and women are both capable of evil in the world. i suggest you stop perpetuating evil first by taking responsability for what you put out.

you promote men hatred threads / biased towards the male abuse of this or that reporting that women dont engage in these things

you got your head clearly in the sand box

and im sick of you bullying us men !

if you want bullying to stop you go stop it ! typical you have a problem, want equality, but when push comes to shove you throw the man in the way ..

Inaiá
9th November 2013, 11:23
Thanks for the important thread Flash.

In my opinion and experience, bullying is a real and big problem that we all need to understand and solve in order to be a healthier society.
To understand it will be half way to solve it. It is absolutely not something made up by the media, despite whatever ways it has dealt with it.
The way the media/politics deals with/manipulate it is a whole other problem to be solved.

Peace and respect.

Ellisa
10th November 2013, 00:51
Thank you Flash for this brilliant film. It impressed me very much, not only as a film showing examples of bullying, but also because it forces us to recognise that such things happen everyday for some children. I think that many respondents have missed the point here. Of course girls bully, but they rarely do this overt physical confrontation. This video showed only one type of bullying, that is humiliation and a degree of physical threat. Girls' bullying is usually secretive and spiteful.

I was most amazed at the suggestion, which I hope I have taken incorrectly, that we do not try to stop bullying because it will lead to curtailing of the internet, So....? Good thing I say! If the internet (which incidentally is not the feature of this movie) cannot operate without intimidation then it should be monitored. The web should not a private fiefdom for exploration of one's own domination/humiliation fantasies.

Thank you again Flash. I hope one day such videos will not be needed to awaken our consciences.

Flash
10th November 2013, 01:25
Flash you are trying to promote egalitarianism from a biased view point. That will never work.

Girls bully each other all the time but you dont want to know or talk about that do you ?

your biased view is anger revisited over and over and over and it has a deep hold on you

men and women are both capable of evil in the world. i suggest you stop perpetuating evil first by taking responsability for what you put out.

you promote men hatred threads / biased towards the male abuse of this or that reporting that women dont engage in these things

if you want bullying to stop you go stop it ! typical you have a problem, want equality, but when push comes to shove you throw the man in the way ..

1. I never said that girls do not bully all the time, in fact, it is often worst than guys, snappy comments all day long are like punches, but all day long.
2. I cannot change the video and tell the director to put women in. I have no idea why it is only men. May be the sponsors for the add (which it is) wanted to make men conscious of what is going on, or may be it was only to get funds from businessmen to adress the problem in schools, i have no idea what was the primary objective, except for awakenings on bullying.
3. From Nanoo's post: you promote men hatred threads / biased towards the male abuse of this or that reporting that women dont engage in these things

Nanoo, you are clearly overdoing it. This is unacceptable. You are pursuing me from thread to thread insulting and and pushing your point. In fact, this is starting to look like bullying Nanoo.

My daughter will look at this thread because she has been sooooooo bullied, mostly by girls but guys ended up participating too because their girl friends wanted them to, how do you dare judging me on this topic.

It is more than obvious to me right now that the only thing you are looking at is a vengeance of some sort. Fine, but not in front of my daughter.

This is it Nanoo, I do protect children and the first one I start with is my own daughter. You have overdone it.

This thread is fine, it should go on, that you like it or not.

Mini Flash
10th November 2013, 02:47

Nanoo... You are freaking out for nothing. If you want woman to be in this video that much then pay to make your own video with woman in it! And i think it is pretty much materialist to look at the gender of the actors instead of the message.

I don't know why you got so ofended.. Maybe something bad happened to you today and that put you in a bad mood. If that is the case, I hope you will feel better soon. But please don't let your anger out on people as soon as you find the oporunity.

Have a good day

Flash's daughter

Carmen
10th November 2013, 05:01
Bullying upsets me so much I can barely watch it!! Bully's are always cowards and usually get around in a pack! They always pick on someone they consider to be weaker than they are. They never pick on anyone who is equal or bigger in size than them, that might just beat the crap out of them. Also I think that often girls are worse bullies than boys as they can be more underhand and sneaky.

As I kid I always felt the need to look after anyone I considered was being bullied or likely to be, even if I didn't particular like the victim! I disliked bullies more! And I'm not and was not a big person, just little and fierce when it came to bullies!!

Funny how thing turn out. One girl who was a bully to me at school, her son ended up working on our farm!

The problem of bullying will never go away if we accept bullying and don't do anything about it. Kingpin bullies need to undermined and put in there place very quickly. Take their bloody phones off them for a start!

Crazy Louie
10th November 2013, 08:48
there is a helicopter mom mentality thing going on here. in my real world life - there will always be the baby social and psychopaths in training - and they will always pray on the poor in spirit and the sensitive of heart. some people have actually had to live among them and from this - if it is to be - they learn how to adapt and finally win out in the spirit. while the topic is noble in scope to address it - the real truth is - instead of trying to pluck that bully out of their eye - teach the gentle souls to realize the world is full of fido and it is good when a baby buffalo can outlast a lion pack (spiritually mentally speaking) - you remember the following vid right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2wOhlWeYpY

Flash
10th November 2013, 08:52
I still like the video, and baby Buffalo just have to have the time to grow up in order to become a Buffalo able to confront the lion. In the meantime, he needs protection in order not to be eaten by the lion. As you can see, my baby Buffalo is starting to look like a grown up.

Crazy Louie
10th November 2013, 08:55
Just like the rest of us Flash :)