PDA

View Full Version : Shapeshifting and MIT

bogeyman
13th November 2013, 11:49
Or INFORM as MIT calls it. (Interacting With a Dynamic Shape Display)

ouP9xNujkNo

"inFORM is a Dynamic Shape Display that can render 3D content physically, so users can interact with digital information in a tangible way. inFORM can also interact with the physical world around it, for example moving objects on the table's surface. Remote participants in a video conference can be displayed physically, allowing for a strong sense of presence and the ability to interact physically at a distance. inFORM is a step toward our vision of Radical Atoms: http://tangible.media.mit.edu/vision/"

Flash
13th November 2013, 11:52
What is MIT? Massachussett Institute of Technology? Please, define MIT so that I know the topic of the thread. Second, is it possible t have alittle descripion of what my 3 mintues listening witll be about. Thanks

bogeyman
13th November 2013, 12:01
What is MIT? Massachussett Institute of Technology? Please, define MIT so that I know the topic of the thread. Second, is it possible t have alittle descripion of what my 3 mintues listening witll be about. Thanks

People know what UFO means so I assume people know what MIT means.

Flash
13th November 2013, 12:03
well your assumption is wrong because I don't

My brain is looking in a multi language database and I still can't find it except for Massachussett Institute of Technology which is the usual acronym understanding in America, is you are a bit schooled.
---------------

I just looked at the video because the descriptive told me it could be interesting and truly, it is.
If we now can do this 3 D virtual books for example with the technology we have, just imagine what ETs can do. Whatever they present to us might just be some fake stuff.

I do not clearly undersand the shapeshifting vs MIT yet though.

Kalamos
13th November 2013, 13:16

Robin
13th November 2013, 15:53

bogeyman, speaking in riddles does not help here. Not everybody is familiar with acronyms, especially those outside of the United States. ;)

Yes, Flash, he did mean the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This is the lab (http://tangible.media.mit.edu/) that has created this technology.

Kindred
13th November 2013, 17:13
It would Truly be novel, if he was to move the ball with his Mind (consciousness) ONLY... without a mechanical interface.

In time, this can happen, but only with a raising of Consciousness, which takes, First, Understanding that all there IS, is Energy.

Then, Practice using/manipulating Energy in a Conscious fashion.

We, as a species, has a way to go just yet.

But, as I've heard it said... it can happen in a Heartbeat.

If We Want It.

In Unity, Peace and Love

RMorgan
13th November 2013, 17:31
Very nice tech.

There's been theoretical studies about nano-particles that could be assembled to look like anything...Like, as an example, you buy a bucket full of these particles, get a 3D model of a couch on the internet, press enter and booom, the couch simply materializes there.

Of course, we don't have the tech right now, but I imagine it would be possible in the future...The possibilities would be endless then...Think about this video, but instead of using big blocks, using nano-scale particles with resolution virtually indistinguishable from reality.

It's just a matter of time (a lot of time, probably) until we can use nanotechnology not just to visually mimic objects, but to mimic real physical properties, like, instead of taking a plane to a business trip in Tokyo, you could just "drive" an exact copy of you that would instantly materialize there, or wherever you want.

Anyway, if you believe in the existence of highly advanced civilizations on the universe, some of them thousands of years ahead of us in terms of technology, a similar kind of technology might already exist somewhere...

Maybe they don't even need to use nanotechnology anymore; They could simply bi-locate themselves by remotely controlling regular atoms. This would even make higher than speed of light or warp interstellar travel obsolete; Just think about where you want to be and you,or an identical copy of you, are instantly there.

Arthur C Clarke really nailed it when he said that sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic...

Raf.

Flash
13th November 2013, 17:45

bogeyman, speaking in riddles does not help here. Not everybody is familiar with acronyms, especially those outside of the United States. ;)

Yes, Flash, he did mean the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This is the lab (http://tangible.media.mit.edu/) that has created this technology.

Many thanks, that was easy to answer me, it could even have been a yes or no. This is very difficult to be treated that way. Ok, I am from North America, but what if I were Chinese, or South American, this is not necessarily written in the words here where one is from.

Anyhow, I would have like just an answer, but i guess that we cannot ask plain stuff from everybody.

genevieve
13th November 2013, 18:54
bogeyman--

You responded to Flash's reasonable request but didn't have the courtesy to answer her question? You might want to ask yourself: What was my point? Why didn't I? Am I promoting greater understanding and harmony? Etc.

Remember, please, that we're all in this together.

Peace Love Joy & Harmony,
Genevieve

P.S. Thanks for the vid.

chocolate
13th November 2013, 22:28
I liked the video. It reminded me of The Wolverine 2013, where the bed in the lab was very close as a concept to what you see.
The film has been done at least an year and some more before 2013.
I couldn't survive the tune though, had to mute it :).

g7kdUy5_WlI