PDA

View Full Version : Jack Andraka: A promising test for pancreatic cancer ... from a teenager [TED Speech]

Virma De Ris
14th November 2013, 22:05
http://www.ted.com/talks/jack_andraka_a_promising_test_for_pancreatic_cance r_from_a_teenager.html

Description: Over 85 percent of all pancreatic cancers are diagnosed late, when someone has less than two percent chance of survival. How could this be? Jack Andraka talks about how he developed a promising early detection test for pancreatic cancer thatís super cheap, effective and non-invasive -- all before his 16th birthday.

xxxxxxxx

I saw this today in a FB thread. Most interesting and quite uplifting, worth posting forward. I hope that this young man goes far in his quest to help humanity.

May his path be blessed and that he is protected from harm.

@Mods: I did search to see if this was posted before but didn't see it anywhere in the forum, if it is already posted, then please move this post with the OP. if that not the case then great! Also I placed this on General Discussion because it seems the best place for the thread. I apologize in advance if I'm not correct, and, can you move the thread where it fits better? I hardly post so I'm a little rusty here.

ROMANWKT
14th November 2013, 22:35
My brother in law died last week from pancreatic cancer, we bury him next Tuesday, he had no chance, from turning yellow from the bile that went into his blood stream, having a by pass ops for redirection of bile, total 4 months, that's all it took.

Regards

roman

Virma De Ris
15th November 2013, 02:18
I'm so sorry to hear that Roman. I hope he went in peace.

Regards

My brother in law died last week from pancreatic cancer, we bury him next Tuesday, he had no chance, from turning yellow from the bile that went into his blood stream, having a by pass ops for redirection of bile, total 4 months, that's all it took.

Regards

roman

Flash
15th November 2013, 07:51
truly sorry Roman for your loss. Not an easy situation to live through. My heart is with you and your family.

My neighbour died of pancreatic cancer a few years ago, and she left 3 kids, one of them was only 12years old.

I wonder which company will take over the production of the strips and when. Thousands are presently dying from those cancers. This is against the elimination of the useless eaters though.

I loved the lesson the kid gave to other kids, you can do wonderful things if you stop Facebooking!! And the persistence lesson.