PDA

View Full Version : Earth crack a mystery

irishspirit
7th October 2010, 15:53
BIRCH CREEK - One day the land was flat and filled with trees shooting straight into the air. Twenty-four hours later there's a 600-foot-long crack, 4-feet deep twisting its way through the woods - and those vertical trees are now pointed 30 degrees left and right where the earth has mounded 15 feet high. No, it's not a disaster movie; it's what happened Monday at the home of Eileen Heider on Bay de Noc Road in Birch Creek.
Heider was sitting in her recliner watching TV at about 8:30 that morning. "The chair shook for a few seconds and I thought the spring in the chair went," she said. Heider heard a noise at the same time. She checked her chair and around the house inside and out but couldn't find anything unusual

http://ehextra.com/main.asp?SectionID=12&SubSectionID=35&ArticleID=8713

Fredkc
7th October 2010, 15:59
http://ehextra.com/SiteImages/Article/8713a.jpg

"Well that wasn't there yesterday...."
Fred

irishspirit
7th October 2010, 16:05
haha fred, you get better by the day mate.

Fredkc
7th October 2010, 16:08
On my 2nd cup, Irish ;)

How ya be?

Swami
7th October 2010, 16:13
Big crack in Ethiopia: beachfront property soon to be available

Geologists Show that Seafloor Dynamics Are at Work in Splitting African Continent

In 2005, a gigantic, 35-mile-long rift broke open the desert ground in Ethiopia. At the time, some geologists believed the rift was the beginning of a new ocean as two parts of the African continent pulled apart, but the claim was controversial.

Now, scientists from several countries have confirmed that the volcanic processes at work beneath the Ethiopian rift are nearly identical to those at the bottom of the world’s oceans, and the rift is indeed likely the beginning of a new sea.

http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/ethiopian_rift.jpg

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/11/03/big-crack-in-ethiopia-beachfront-property-soon-to-be-available/

irishspirit
7th October 2010, 16:18
Yeah your day is young yet Fred, my is almost over.

Keeping excellent Fred. Hows you been? Hows that Daughter and Grandkids of your mate?

Fredkc
7th October 2010, 16:21
G-son is out of hospital :) and daughter is back at work.
things are gettin' better, thanks for asking.

Damn Swami!!
That thar is a nasty gash!

irishspirit
7th October 2010, 16:44
Good Fred, that is always ghood to hear.

Swami, you out with that hammer of your again?

Beth
7th October 2010, 17:04
Weird how a lot of these earth changes resemble some of the stuff from the movie 2012.

observer
7th October 2010, 17:35
Has anyone ever seen the lump on the surface of the ground that a mole makes after boring his tunnel?

Maybe one of these went through the area. LOL

http://fredsitelive.com/images/post/tunnel_boring_machine_2.jpg

rosie
7th October 2010, 18:47
My first gut feeling was that this could be the answer to many cracks and sinkholes,
that the earth is expanding due to inside and outside influences as explained at this link.
It is a natural, not man made, just earth and her growing pains. (My humble opinion)

in love & light :wub:

http://www.expanding-earth.org/

Swami
7th October 2010, 18:57
Swami, you out with that hammer of your again?

:spy::alien::wub:
Edit: and I even havent used my ten pound sledge yet

observer
7th October 2010, 19:30
It is a natural, not man made, just earth and her growing pains. (My humble opinion)....

http://www.expanding-earth.org/

The evidence for an 'expanding earth' is very powerful. However, and with all kidding aside, the 'crack' is quite possibly the result of H.A.A.R.P. technology at work. Who's to say the implementation of this electromagnetic technology has not pushed the 'expanding earth' theory into overdrive?

From my extensive 'Library of Truth'; push the timer over to 7:00 minutes and listen through to 9:00 minutes:

Phenomenon: The Lost Archives - H.A.A.R.P - Holes in Heaven (????) -

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3129076887016040794#

I know from previous Threads that irishspirit is a seeker of truth regarding 'chemtrails'. Anyone who has researched the H.A.A.R.P. phenomenon long enough has discovered that chemtrails are integral to the High Altitude Auroral Research Project.

For those of you who are looking for the real reason why chemtrails are being used, and further, how the Elite would ever get patriotic soldiers (sworn to uphold the Constitution of The United States) to participate in something as macabre as 'chemtrails, you might want to watch these videos:

From my extensive 'Library of Truth:

Power Hour, The (with Joyce Riley) - Ex Government Employee Talks About CHEMTRAILS -
Part 1 - http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/25641/Ex_Government_Employee_talks_about_CHEMTRAILS_1_5
Part 2 - http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/25642/Ex_Government_Employee_talks_about_CHEMTRAILS_2_5/
Part 3 - http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/25643/Ex_Government_Employee_talks_about_CHEMTRAILS_3_5/
Part 4 - http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/25644/Ex_Government_Employee_talks_about_CHEMTRAILS_4_5/
Part 5 - http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/25645/Ex_Government_Employee_talks_about_CHEMTRAILS_5_5/~

TigaHawk
7th October 2010, 21:10
I saw something somewhere... so dont quote me for its authenticity :P but i found it amazing/interesting.

The earth is constantly growing in size.

U know how you go onto the beach just after a wave has come up, and the sand sort of ripples as the water gets pulled back in?

Well stuff like that is all over the ocean floor, scientists thought they could see how old the planet was by trying to find the oldest of those, and taking a sample.

What they found instead confuzed them - the samples kept coming up as newer and newer.

and quick google search.. here's what i found.

7kL7qDeI05U

posibility if it's not bastard oversized manmade moles?

Tigger
7th October 2010, 23:24
So if the earth is expanding would it be fair to surmise that it does not exactly have a solid mantle all the way through (i.e. hollow)?

And what happens if it keeps expanding? Will it pop? :boom:

TigaHawk
7th October 2010, 23:34
good questions tigger :)

would it be how big caves are formed? when volcanoe's/earthquakes split the earth open and its slowly filled again slowly creating a greater surface area around the earth, that + we're constantly getting cosmic "dust" right? so thats adding materials/weight or stuff to fill in the cracks.

potentialy indefinately?

Tigger
7th October 2010, 23:56
Makes sense to me TigaHawk. However it would lead me to conclude that the earth is in fact a giant spherical living being (space monster?) which grows by consuming space dust and unlucky meteorites. :biggrin1:

Actually I remember reading somewhere (I think it might have been some of David Wilcock's earlier works) that Mars was now a dead planet because there was no volcanic activity there anymore. Perhaps it is volcanic activity which powers the growth of planets? It could be a cycle - grab space dust ---> melt it ---> spew it back out as super hot lava ---> expand ??
It begs the question, what powers the volcanic activity?

Humble Janitor
9th October 2010, 00:44
So, if the Earth is indeed expanding, would that mean more open spaces? Bigger oceans? Bigger continents?

I'm having a hard time understanding this theory as proposed.

Tigger
9th October 2010, 00:57
Eye dunno :noidea:
Maybe the oceans would expand, and more islands would appear over the fault-lines (like in the Pacific)?
I don't know where the extra water would come from to fill the new oceans though.

Snowbird
9th October 2010, 02:48
Could this not also be caused by the shifting of the poles?

bluestflame
9th October 2010, 04:02
making room for more trees

Ammit
9th October 2010, 09:40
I would have thought that if the earth was growing bigger then, then wouldnt the land mass stay the same and the oceans would be wider but more shallow!! I dont know but if we are indeed heading for a new recycle of humanity, would this not explain why atlantis is under water?? maybe the land mass as we now know of it get sunk under water to be recycled and new land mass rise from the water for a new start....

Just thinking out loud here guys and gals.

Snowbird
10th October 2010, 01:03
Observer #13: I know from previous Threads that irishspirit is a seeker of truth regarding 'chemtrails'. Anyone who has researched the H.A.A.R.P. phenomenon long enough has discovered that chemtrails are integral to the High Altitude Auroral Research Project.

For those of you who are looking for the real reason why chemtrails are being used, and further, how the Elite would ever get patriotic soldiers (sworn to uphold the Constitution of The United States) to participate in something as macabre as 'chemtrails, you might want to watch these videos:

Good grief! I just finished listening to these audio/vids. I've known for years about chemtrails and I've just heard recently that they contain lithium as well as barium salts. It was said that lithium causes weight gain.

The information on these audio/vids is really eye-opening. I was not at all aware of Russia's scalar weapons being used against our country. And I thought that it would be a CME or coronal mass ejection that would take down our cities and now I hear that Russia is capable of this....and mind control...and much more. :yell:

Bill Ryan
10th October 2010, 01:33
I'm going to say something a little enigmatic here (and I tell this story against myself)...

For many years I'd pooh-poohed the silly idea that the Earth was expanding - though I (like everyone else who saw the Neal Adams animated graphic of how it all fits together) was impressed with the neatness of the continental jigsaw-puzzle.

Then a couple of months ago I was told by a deep insider contact that the Earth was indeed expanding - something that back in 2007 David Wilcock had mentioned to Kerry and myself he'd been told by his own insider contact 'Daniel'.

My contact mentioned this, almost in passing, as a relatively inconsequential part of a vast package of material which I will release as soon as I understand it all (with the help of more information which I've been promised is on its way).

I immediately asked: "Where does all the additional mass come from?" (And there's a lot of it!) - but my contact didn't know the full answer: he's not a geophysicist or a cosmologist.

So I made a solid note of it, and parked the issue for the time being - which in the larger scheme of things, though extraordinary, is really just a curiosity.

It's possible that in time my contact may be able to find the answers to my many questions (about this and also a large number of other matters) - so I am being patient.

All best wishes, Bill

Tigger
10th October 2010, 01:46
I put forward my "unlucky meteorites" theory then (see previous).

Dale
10th October 2010, 02:05
Hello,

I just did a bit of "Google Research" looking for recent stories concerning this phenomenon. It does seem like there have been many incidents, within the past year or two, of such events occurring. More recently, there have been a few reports of lakes disappearing overnight. There's a thread on here about one of the reports. Might the two cases be correlated?

Just as we undergo changes, I'd assume that our planet, on a larger level, does much the same. We're constantly growing, evolving, and adapting; could it not be possible that our planet is on a similar journey as us?

Carmody
10th October 2010, 02:55
In the Micheal newton books, when souls are born, they are spoken of coming out of a large light source, much like the surface of a sun.

Dan winters speaks of the Suns being dimensional portals.

Kozyrev speaks of energy being emitted out of the center of suns, energies that are What Tom Bearden might call 'scalar', energies that are time invariant and can pass through anything, thus might be seen as dimensional portals.

Micheal newton speaks of differing souls learning of their given capacities and desires with regard to spending their time picking up specialties of occupation. ie, primary interests. Some become creators, in groups. Becoming spiritual creators of form in 3-d universes. Specifically mentioned..is..planets, planets for habitation and manifestation. Creation of beings and races. Designing of creatures. One being spoke of a class where everyone created the human equivalent of mice, as a lesson in manifestation/design..and then had to track them down in the given classroom.

Tied to that the soul 'releasing' (ghost hunter that releases souls to the light) Anson V. Gogh, speaks of the creation of shields and other 'spiritual solids' simply being brought into being via the power of strong imaginative thought. The mirror of this universe/dimension being one of where thought or consciousness is the predominant force and matter is the force akin to spirit in this realm. this means that matter in that realm is easily manipulable and formed via consciousness.

The barrier between realms is weak on the Becker-Hagens grid lines, or ley lines, this I just covered in my last post in the 'views on manifestation' thread.

In the spiritual realm of things, with regard to manifestation and dimensional transgression, water or damp conditions is always involved, ie humidity.

In alchemy, morning formed dew is part of the recipe that is absolutely needed in order to perform the best transmutations. Transmutations or the making of the philosopher's stone that allows for spiritual connectivity to higher realms and astral realms in the waking state and to 'go clear' and move from one dimension to the next easily. To gain the power of the astral realms, to manifest.. In the Rig Veda, used to become a true immortal dimensionless God.

In astrology the soul enters the body on the position of the sun cresting the horizon, known as the ascendant.

Willhem Reich's cloudbusters worked on the scalar energy, it can be presumed. they dissipated clouds.

The presence of a powerful entity, this experience is always marked by fluids or water left at the given spot or location.
Ectoplasm, etc.

Energy's most pure form is that of a plasma, which is the natural state of water. a free molecular fluid. Like air. Which happens to be full of water.

The oceans are huge. Full of monatomic elements (lots in the materials on the bottom sediments, just not cleaned and activated). dimensionally transgressing monatomics, they be.

Water has just very recently......been found to be a notably common item in the galaxy or space.

Now if the earth was constantly being added to, it would maybe have a water residual?

These are all very disparate things, not specifically connected. But they are a very interesting pile of bits.

Luke
10th October 2010, 15:36
Just some thoughts.
In some observed solar systems there are jupiter-size planets on orbit corresponding to earth one (that's why they are easy to spot cause they make star they circle wobble much)
Then we know moon is loosing mass (diameter got smaller for about 100m in last billion years (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/20/science/space/20nasa.html?_r=1))

Now to really wild speculations based mainly on hunches:
What if planets and stars are not working the way scientist say? What if sun is not giant nuclear reactor but portal of sorts? A torsional-magnetic knot spewing out energy and matter, on a node of pan-galactic framework (which dark energy is shadow of)?
What if similar portal portal exist in every single celestial body? That would be explaining anomalous heating and magnetic fields where should be none .. Also changes in planets makeup ... And those different forces we observe and catalogue are just mirroring of this over-material network? What if science taken wrong turn when they went into particle -based models (http://www.blazelabs.com/f-p-intro.asp)?
Wild speculation without any proof but just what if?

Ba-ba-Ra
10th October 2010, 18:46
Eye dunno :noidea:
Maybe the oceans would expand, and more islands would appear over the fault-lines (like in the Pacific)?
I don't know where the extra water would come from to fill the new oceans though.

Maybe that's why the poles and glaciers of the earth are melting at such a rapid pace. They instinctively know that the water will be needed to fill the new and expanding ocean, rather than rise (as predicted) to take over existing oceanside property.

Wood
10th October 2010, 19:06
I immediately asked: "Where does all the additional mass come from?" (And there's a lot of it!) - but my contact didn't know the full answer: he's not a geophysicist or a cosmologist.

Assuming there is a 'raising of frequency', I guess that should involve extra energy as well. Maybe that is changing the forces in the atoms and making them expand? Same mass, more energy, more empty space inbetween atoms. I am not sure if this is just nonsense though :).

Swami
10th October 2010, 19:12
Another thought that could be nonsens;

Mother Earth is a living Entity. Is it hard to presume that she will go through stages of growing, just like Human Beings...?

Martin
10th October 2010, 20:25
I stumbled over the possibility of a growing earth myself about a year ago. A nice little thought connected to it was an increase of gravity (due to the expanding mass) and it was said that pterosaurians (flying dinosaurs) actually would not be able to fly at the current level of gravity but actually were able to do so in the past due to a lower level of gravity or due to a smaller earth for that matter. The abiotic theory about the origin of oil may also be a supportive thought since according to it the earth is always producing hydrocarbons and probably other materials as well.

MfG

Martin

Fredkc
10th October 2010, 21:34
Here is a train of speculative thought which might provide something

If the Universe truly consists of:
5% visible matter,
25% dark matter,
70% 'Dark' energy, and
the dark energy in the universe is 'expanding' or pulling the entire universe apart on an atomic level, then...

we really are "flying apart" or expanding, and the velocity might well exceed our gravitational bonds, some day.
Yeah... that'd be interesting.

Fred

TigaHawk
10th October 2010, 21:48
with the expanding earth thing...

someone said wouldent we have bigger oceans and less land if the earth was expanding...

that could be true, if we have no volcanic/activity going on with the plates. Think about mountains, how they are made, 2 plates sliding against eachother, 1 wins and is pushed up and up and up slowly over time.

this is even happening under the sea, little mountains are getting formed from the paltes moving or little volcanoes etc.

so we've got mass constantly being added to earth.. we've got the earth itself distributing/moving the mass around its mantle, and ensuring its not placed evenly, so we get mountains and valleys and the such.

Next one, Water.

In another thread, totaly by chance, i saw a report of Nasa scientists finding another asteroid that was either made of, or had water in it. And they're just starting to hint at there may be alot more water out in space than we once thought. Now other than large masses of water, like the asteroid, surely there'd be small water particles hitting the earth and falling in seperate. not much when you think about it, but they key to all of this is Time, and a hell of alot of it...

Add all of those together.... and whamo... Earth :)

So i guess mother Earth realy is alive, she breathes, she bleeds, she grows, and aparently she can fart too (refer to the holes onzone/magnetic field, when she sometimes.. um... passes wind? :P)

Now all we need is to learn to listen to her :)

Ethereal Blue Being
11th October 2010, 17:06
If the Earth is Expanding is it possible that this is something that would have happened over tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of years BUT Since mankind repeatedly used and tested nuclear and atom bombs in many places all over the planet (southwestern US, Bimini Islands South Pacific, and of course Japan in WWII).I still feel with all of my being that these devices have loosened and vibrated and changed the geology of the planet and even sped up everything.

truthseekerdan
14th October 2010, 02:50
I'm going to say something a little enigmatic here (and I tell this story against myself)...

For many years I'd pooh-poohed the silly idea that the Earth was expanding - though I (like everyone else who saw the Neal Adams animated graphic of how it all fits together) was impressed with the neatness of the continental jigsaw-puzzle.

Then a couple of months ago I was told by a deep insider contact that the Earth was indeed expanding - something that back in 2007 David Wilcock had mentioned to Kerry and myself he'd been told by his own insider contact 'Daniel'.

My contact mentioned this, almost in passing, as a relatively inconsequential part of a vast package of material which I will release as soon as I understand it all (with the help of more information which I've been promised is on its way).

So I made a solid note of it, and parked the issue for the time being - which in the larger scheme of things, though extraordinary, is really just a curiosity.

It's possible that in time my contact may be able to find the answers to my many questions (about this and also a large number of other matters) - so I am being patient.

All best wishes, Bill

Hey Bill, just in case you were not aware of these...:)

Conspiracy of Science - Earth is in fact growing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJfBSc6e7QQ)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJfBSc6e7QQ

Yes! The Earth is Expanding. Part 1 of 14 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f6hcGJbjL0)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f6hcGJbjL0

worldruler
10th November 2010, 02:40
Weird how a lot of these earth changes resemble some of the stuff from the movie 2012.

yes watched 2012 last night lakes disappearing
ben fulford was saying that there is a nuc place in sant andrais fault and that after it goes they will hit it with haarp . green has seen the cities go down . so if you add it all up and they get there way ohh of course the black president is in india , we get a pretty close version of the movie and the 11th seems like the lucky d day 2010 .
I will with my family be playing and living on our earthly heaven enjoying the beautiful flowers and plentiful water of this beautiful lady .

by the way thanks for the avalon warning beth i am sure it made your day, so what effect is it ment to have on me , so i can play out your little drama for you

Ahkenaten
10th November 2010, 03:24
I personally always wondered how exactly it is that all the old stuff archeologists dig up is buried under layers and layers of dirt often many feet deep. I can understand it when the area has been flooded leaving silt behind but that is not always the case. I wondered if the layers of dirt are an accumulation of dust that enters the atmosphere from outside. I know that sounds very simple-minded but that is what I thought.

Beth
10th November 2010, 03:38
by the way thanks for the avalon warning beth i am sure it made your day, so what effect is it ment to have on me , so i can play out your little drama for you

You agreed to guidelines when you joined the site, you went against them. If you have a problem with that, then I guess you need to re-evaluate the choices you have made. I'm certain most of the members here would disagree with you that I'm into drama.

:focus:

bluestflame
10th November 2010, 07:58
I just sorta assumed it was accepted fact that the earth was expanding , I mean there's a reason the planets are different sizes , the core continually being added to as "that which is beyond form" pure energy comes into matter, the massive energy generated converting to heat which keeps the core hot , hot enough to keep magma hot enough to melt the upper mantle and the edges of the tectonic plates as thier edges are added to through a constant fusing and cooling

where does the pure energy come from , what if there's a portal or energy conduit at the core of the earth , perhaps a dimension link , on the other side a black hole so the matter from another less dense universe gets pulled through and finds new life , a new cycle on this side of things ...

maybe it's the rumoured inner sun

just exploring questions

so to the sun , how come it's still burning after however many millions of years , I rekon it's more than a chemical reaction

Ross
10th November 2010, 09:16
on the other side a black hole so the matter from another less dense universe gets pulled through

One of Hawkins theories talks about this concept, as in blackholes injest matter through the rupured membrane, event horizon, (think of cell clusters) and into the neighbouring Universe.
This theory is directed to explain why our universe is expanding, more anti-matter coming through than matter escaping out.

lightblue
10th November 2010, 09:17
Quote Originally Posted by Bill Ryan View Post

if this theory turns out to be fact and if a theory that there's inner sun and a thriving reptiloid civilisation existing within the inner earth correct, what would the expansion of the planet bring us? would it belch up the reptiles onto the earth's surfice or would the planet just churn up a new land mass without it actually increasing its volume?
and where would all the water/oceans go - submerge or disappear into the thin air? :blink: l

bluestflame
10th November 2010, 09:23
maybe the ice caps , the polar regions are water kept in reserve , to "fill the gaps" in the evolutionary process of a planet

lightblue
10th November 2010, 09:34
bluestflame:
maybe the ice caps , the polar regions are water kept in reserve , to "fill the gaps" in the evolutionary process of a planet

i think the ice caps are ice caps because of freezing temperatures...we'll always have the poles/ice caps...
only, we don't know when they might shift positions... :unsure: l

bashi
10th November 2010, 18:38
I remember reading that the GOCE satellite is taking an expansion of Earth into its calculation formulas.
It was - of course - somehow more scientifically phrase-camouflaged, but it was there. cant find it now again.
the accuracy of the GOCE measurement is about 20 times better than the mentioned 22 mm/year expansion.

http://www.esa.int/esaLP/ESA1MK1VMOC_LPgoce_0.html

There is a link between an expansion of Earth and a hollow Earth. For people dismissing this out of hand, pls have a good look at these satellite trajectories...

Operator
15th November 2010, 22:47
HAARP may not be used to create the earthquakes directly ... but it is powerful enough to punch a hole in the atmosphere on the right spot so solar activity
can pass through and do the powerful work for them. If I'm not mistaken the Carrington event was a double hit. The first punched a hole too and the second passed through and inflicted damage ;)

Well here's a suggestion: if stargates are opening up how about a transfer of energy/matter from someplace else. Earth is growing up too ...

Luke
16th November 2010, 08:05
Well here's a suggestion: if stargates are opening up how about a transfer of energy/matter from someplace else. Earth is growing up too ...
My thoughts exactly. Also meshes with some "Tribal" beliefs about "gods' being 'underground". Cave of creation and stuff.
Current "vision" of static earth is rooted in material paradigm. Personally, I think there is a star inside every "heavenly body" .. but then again, stars are not nuclear reactor but a portal that energy flows through into our plane (but it is within material paradigm to attribute the most advanced power source known to us to Sun. It was burning embers few centuries back after all :P)

ArtyCarl
16th November 2010, 17:46
I remember reading somewhere that the earth is hit by minute dust particles from space that can amount to thousands of tons a day across the whole globe. I guess it would be possible over geologically long periods to gain a fair amount of extra mass that way. Interesting though.

Swami
20th November 2010, 07:29
Idaho scientists find new seismic fault in Rockies

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20101118/i/r1891351176.jpg?x=400&y=243&q=85&sig=dg2YInBeYycMsorUCWVO5g--

SALMON, Idaho (Reuters) – Scientists at Idaho State University have mapped a previously unknown and active seismic fault in the northern Rockies capable of unleashing an earthquake with a magnitude as high as 7.5.

The newly discovered fault in central Idaho does not lie in a densely populated area.

But Glenn Thackray, chairman of the university's geosciences department, said the 40-mile-long fracture in the Earth's crust at the base of the Sawtooth Mountains near the tiny mountain town of Stanley is cause for some concern.

"There's a chance in the next few decades there will be an earthquake on this fault, and if it does happen it will be a rather large earthquake," he said.

More here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101118/sc_nm/us_idaho_seismic

Scientists find new seismic fault in Rocky Mountains

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/50039000/jpg/_50039161_50039160.jpg

Scientists at Idaho State University have mapped a new, active seismic fault in the Rocky Mountains in the US state of Idaho capable of unleashing a 7.5 magnitude earthquake.

A university official has warned the fault could release a damaging earthquake within the next few decades.

The 40-mile fracture runs close to the small town of Stanley, a community with roughly 100 year-round residents.

More here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11790298

irishspirit
20th November 2010, 17:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i26EurIcX5Y&feature=related

¤=[Post Update]=¤

another earth crack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wAw2ebH2QI&feature=related

astrid
7th December 2010, 08:38
This is from 2009, but still interesting...

http://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=3486

Geologists Show that Seafloor Dynamics Are at Work in Splitting African Continent

In 2005, a gigantic, 35-mile-long rift broke open the desert ground in Ethiopia. At the time, some geologists believed the rift was the beginning of a new ocean as two parts of the African continent pulled apart, but the claim was controversial.

Now, scientists from several countries have confirmed that the volcanic processes at work beneath the Ethiopian rift are nearly identical to those at the bottom of the world's oceans, and the rift is indeed likely the beginning of a new sea.

The new study, published in the latest issue of Geophysical Research Letters, suggests that the highly active volcanic boundaries along the edges of tectonic ocean plates may suddenly break apart in large sections, instead of little by little as has been predominantly believed. In addition, such sudden large-scale events on land pose a much more serious hazard to populations living near the rift than would several smaller events, says Cindy Ebinger, professor of earth and environmental sciences at the University of Rochester and co-author of the study.

"This work is a breakthrough in our understanding of continental rifting leading to the creation of new ocean basins," says Ken Macdonald, professor emeritus in the Department of Earth Science at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and who is not affiliated with the research. "For the first time they demonstrate that activity on one rift segment can trigger a major episode of magma injection and associated deformation on a neighboring segment. Careful study of the 2005 mega-dike intrusion and its aftermath will continue to provide extraordinary opportunities for learning about continental rifts and mid-ocean ridges."

Swami
7th December 2010, 08:44
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?6656-Earth-crack-a-mystery&highlight=earth+crack

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?6656-Earth-crack-a-mystery&p=57717&viewfull=1#post57717

Atlas
22nd February 2014, 17:05
“The large crack and ridge were created most probably by a magnitude 1 or 2 earthquake,” said Wayne Pennington, chair of geological and mining engineering and sciences, of the events that took place Monday, October 4.

“The most-likely explanation is that the underlying limestone has faulted in a manner that has pushed rock on one side of the fault up and over the rock on the other side—a ‘reverse’ or ‘thrust’ fault,” said Pennington. “The limestone is hard and brittle, and this movement can be described as the small earthquake that was felt. (source (http://ehextra.com/main.asp?SectionID=12&SubSectionID=35&ArticleID=8713))

“The most-likely explanation is that the underlying limestone experienced a "pop-up," relieving stress that had accumulated in the uppermost few tens of feet of that layer," said Pennington. (An earlier statement attributed the movement to faulting, which now appears unlikely.) “The limestone is hard and brittle, and this movement can be described as the small earthquake that was felt."

http://www.mtu.edu/news/images/2010/image31843-rside.jpg

Overlying the limestone is about 20 feet of soft clay, he said. This clay will deform in a "mushy" manner, rather than breaking along a fault. It ends up being pushed together, and this is what formed the ridge.

“Imagine a carpet or towel on top of two boards that are being pushed together,” Pennington said. “The carpet will wrinkle, and at the top of the wrinkle, the carpet pile will be spread apart, like the trees. The crack is similar to the one that forms at the top of a loaf of bread as the dough rises.”

“The area this event occurred is not very likely to have another event soon, but the neighboring areas—at the ends of the ridge and crack—may experience similar events in the future,” he said. “When? Anytime in the next couple of centuries—next week or 200 years from now; we have no way of telling.”

(Source: www.mtu.edu/news/stories/2010/october/story31847.html (http://www.mtu.edu/news/stories/2010/october/story31847.html))

STR
22nd February 2014, 18:25
Why do you all even question? Of course Mother is a growing sensitive and alive being! No question and no question at all that the inner core is a new 'matter creator' churning up new mass of material real time which can be witnessed real time in more than one place on the planet. The most visible being in the Hawaiian Islands.