PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Judgemental Vegan!!!

Akasha
17th December 2013, 18:41
Abhaya just shared the following video here (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?62855-Does-Our-Treatment-of-Animals-Affect-How-We-Treat-Each-Other) but just in case some people missed it:

M9WcVOaFg-A

This girl is a LEGEND (imho of course).

Abhaya
17th December 2013, 18:49
Love this video!! Plus she is cute as hell! So give it a watch :)

marlowe
17th December 2013, 22:17
The oceans of this planet and all the sea life in and around them are going to be dead in a few more years and this foolish woman is yammering on about meat eaters and second hand smoke..........whatever..:doh:

778 neighbour of some guy
17th December 2013, 22:26
That was a lot of business, loved it, got the crosshairs of her scope on my head a couple of times, she was still right and I still loved it;)

dianna
17th December 2013, 23:07
LOL LOL ... are you kidding??

Honestly?? really? ... it was the fault of "meat eaters" that some lost their lives on 911??!! I would say she is not only judgemental but hopelessly "vacuous" in her outlook ... and that comes from "my vegan perspective" ... grow up girlie!! LOL LOL ...

And, who thinks this sort of attitude will EVER further the cause of a vegan lifestyle --- she sounds like a little kid that found a "shiny new thought" ... good god LOL

And further ... why post something like this? I say it is inflammatory, and a retardation of what could be a really good conversation between people who have half an intellect ... people who may just think about going vegetarian/vegan ... I don't get it ...

Flash
17th December 2013, 23:36
I loved the way Carmody presented vegetarianism to me, it was felt, truthfull, and loving.

I truly dislike a forty years old women, behaving and twisting sexiness as if she was 20 to look cute as abhaya felt for it, she made it my business to answer.

I have rarely seen somenone making me so allergic to vegetarians and to anything any fundamentalist of any religion do. She is a f ing fundamentalist, the heartless kind. In the Muslim world, she would justify her jihad and killing others easily while in the vegetarian world, she justify her judgment and her behavior by her killer opinions.

It is one of the grossest most judgmental video I have seen, apart for some videos from 14 years olds playing bitches.

She sounds as bad as the 14 years old bullies I have seen at my daughter school. The difference being they are 14. Not 40.

She does not even know any of the basics of science linked to diabetes and overweight and other sickness. And I won't teach it nor post them here, with people having such thinking it is worthless.

And I bet she does not have the brain requirements to read the researches on the above topics.

If you are going to behave like this Abhaya, I invite you to change forum.

Here, on Avalon, respect of others and their free will and choices is a must. WE are from all over the world with different cultures, languages, sizes, races, and good healh or sickness.

We do not need people doing videos like this one. This is precisely what we usually stand against, small, petite, despising and judjemental behavior from someone who dares thinking of herself as better than others.

WE HAVE A FUNDAMENTALIST HERE. Her thinking framework is fundamentalist, all over, independent of the food she eats.

Disgusting.

Mods, I think we have here two fundametalist (the 2 A) working together, one of them who likes to make inflammatory statements and incite verbal violence amongst members, just for the pleasure of making her point go through, at any price, including the price of a good working forum, iack of respect of others and inflammatory comments.

It looks that they will be working toghether. Please, keep a close eye on those.

I am sorry, it is Akasha who is 40 and Abhaya 28. But this does not change in any way the content of the post. Emotional retards at 28 or at 40 are still emotional retards.

Agape
17th December 2013, 23:41
I'd like to see the vulgar language gone from this forum , especially not to appear in thread titles else the quality is slowly but surely going to decrease to those of Facebook, Twitter and other social media that do not care about who is posting and what .
Or I may simply start ignoring the board because as the young lady says, 'we are all part of that' .

:alien:

dianna
17th December 2013, 23:41
Love this video!! Plus she is cute as hell! So give it a watch :)

Well .. if she is cute ... then we should all have a listen ...

Strat
17th December 2013, 23:55
Haha, okay crazy.

Check out her channel. She takes her clothes off and pushes her ebook. Other women must be stoked about this.

blufire
17th December 2013, 23:55
Some of you guys need to pull your thinking out of your britches . . . .

And I have one simple question . . . do you really think this vicious, cruel, small minded, judgmental, stupid bitch (I can call her that cause she identifies herself in this manner) I’m just agreeing with her, is really helping the vegan/vegetarian cause?

pathetic and sad

Elainie
18th December 2013, 00:02
Freelea is a bulimic and anorexic. She never healed herself and she and her boyfriend have been outed for giving out dangerous advice. I was once part of the 811RV *cult* and there are plenty who are very angry with the terrible advice they give out. They are nothing more than uneducated bigots. I certainly don't want to see their videos posted on this forum with her overt display of breast implants, vulgar language etc; we are better than this. They have created a lot of drama lately amongst peaceful fruitarians because they are no longer pioneers of the Woodstock Fruit Festival held every summer.

OMG
18th December 2013, 00:20
OMG I can't believe people here on earth kill or eat living and dead matter...yuck!

Obviously if you're not a breatharian you're behind the curve!

:becky:

Shezbeth
18th December 2013, 00:22
:pound:

Really? Is she serious or is this a troll video? Wait, I guess it's a troll video either way! Hilarious, though likely unintended as humor. Which makes it funnier IMO.

This girl is a LEGEND

Quite!

Mike Gorman
18th December 2013, 00:38
A voice of sanity dianna, you might find there is resistance to this strange perspective of yours...you desire reasonable, non gimmicky discussion, non ego-centric posturing
and what is more you think this dear cute 'Net babe' is on the wrong tangent? Cough cough....you will have to be de-programmed and attend several training sessions on
contemporary personal propaganda acceptance...do you not understand that truth is an ephemeral tool employed in the service of self-promotion and social media hijacking?
Really, Dianna I expected more of you....

Flash
18th December 2013, 00:44
A voice of sanity dianna, you might find there is resistance to this strange perspective of yours...you desire reasonable, non gimmicky discussion, non ego-centric posturing
and what is more you think this dear cute 'Net babe' is on the wrong tangent? Cough cough....you will have to be de-programmed and attend several training sessions on
contemporary personal propaganda acceptance...do you not understand that truth is an ephemeral tool employed in the service of self-promotion and social media hijacking?
Really, Dianna I expected more of you....

We all agree with you GalaxyHorse, I think Dianna was doing, hopefully, sarcasm. I think she think the same as you, but used sarcasm to express it. If not, I will withdraw my thank.;)

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 00:56
Oh come on people. Over react much! This is her reaction to abuse from others. It's ok to stand up once in a while.

Actually when I added that she was cute. It was kind if a marketing idea. Sex sells and looks like that worked out. Lol :p

But any way Akasha and I were on the fence about putting this vid up. Its shocking and we were just like let's see what happens. At least one person took it the way we hoped lol. Thanks 778

Her main point is that we are not obliged to just stand idly by and let others do what ever they want. Just because something isn't having a direct effect on someone's person, doesn't mean there isn't a serious indirect result that does effect them. Thus, giving her the right to stand up and make her statement.

Her style is up front. But she is not the evil person being painted here by many. She is an inspiration to many and has helped many a person get healthy.

If u don't like the video and u think its childish nonsense. That's fine. But Don't paint her so hatefully. Then u are just lowering your selves to the level u claim her to be at.

Bottom line this was kind of just a shock joke post. This is the 30 bananas a day girl! I don't think you realize lol.

Flash
18th December 2013, 01:02
Abhaya, if you do not withdraw that terrible, despising, heartless video from both post where you put it, you do not woth much more either. Have some common basic good sense please.

DeDukshyn
18th December 2013, 01:05
I read the thread title and knew it was one of yours :) lol.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Haha, okay crazy.

Check out her channel. She takes her clothes off and pushes her ebook. Other women must be stoked about this.

Can you post stills of her e-book for us? ;)

Flash
18th December 2013, 01:10
Strat, you obviously did not listen to the content of her video. But if you like looking at her side, please do, I did not even know she had a website, I just listen to the content of the video.

If someone can get pleasure out of this video, please do. It won't be completely absolutely worthless, someone would have profited somehow:p

Elainie
18th December 2013, 01:10
Her style is up front. But she is not the evil person being painted here by many. She is an inspiration to many and has helped many a person get healthy.

Are you aware that her partner Durianrider has issued death threats to people (just as recent as the other day)? Durianrider is a sociopath. And their *mentor* Doug Graham has covered up deaths at his fasting retreat. His former personal assistant even terminated a pregnancy because her health could not support the pregnancy. They are far from benign and it's nothing short of a cult. I am part of a website/forum that exposes this all. I cannot stand frauds.

WhiteFeather
18th December 2013, 01:13
I matured as a vegetarian of late i suppose. And I Dont want to bring it up anymore. With that said Graham Hancock mentions in one of his videos that the Amazon Rainforest is being destroyed because of the demand of hamburger consumption.

A Good article here from BBC if i may interject Peeps:
Big business leaves big forest footprints!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8516931.stm

"And look what’s happening in the Amazon, the lungs of our planet, this precious home of biodiversity: the old-growth rainforest being cut down and replaced with soya bean farms so we can feed cattle so that we can all eat hamburgers. Only a truly insane global state of consciousness could allow such an abomination to occur… We can spend countless billions on warfare, on hatred, on fear, on suspicion, on division, but we can’t get together the collective effort to save the lungs of our planet." - Graham Hancock

A new report by Forest Footprint Disclosure reveals for the first time how global business is driving rainforests to destruction in order to provide things for you and me to eat.

But it does also reveal what companies are doing to try to lighten their forest footprint. Sadly, however, the answer is: not much, at least not yet.

Consumers "eat" rainforests each day - in the form of beef-burgers, bacon and beauty products -but without knowing it.

The delivery mechanism is a global supply chain with its feet in the forests and its hands in the till.

Because of growing demand for beef, soy and palm oil, which are in much of what we consume, as well as timber and biofuels, rainforests are worth more cut down than standing up.

What's at stake? Literally, the air we breathe...
http://www.grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?f=2&i=229326&t=229326

Go figure. Yep Thats some serious shyte ehh. F..k planet Earth we need hamburgers. With that said pass the Catsup please. I put that shyte on everything.

We are all connected to everything.........

Peace

W.f.

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 01:13
Oh come on flash! It's not that bad. Jeeze. With the possible exception of this vid we have never crossed any lines before IMO. Although u are being a bit rough on us two. Jihadist retards?! Lucky I'm not a sensitive fellow ;)

Don't be so fundamental in your un-fundamentalism ;).

Was supposed to be mildly light hearted believe it or not lol

Strat
18th December 2013, 01:16
Haha, okay crazy.

Haha yeah, just disregard the dieting advice and the "you're a jerk because you don't agree with me" part.

She's sexy but I'd sooner swallow thumbtacks than ask her number.

@Abhaya
We're all just poking fun. I know Akasha's diet is different from mine cause Akasha was advising me to stop eating meat when I was posting about my cluster headaches. Even though we don't see eye to eye (regarding dieting) I have nothing but respect for any person who comes forward to help. God bless you all.

...but seriously, thumbtacks.

@flash
You're 100% correct. My bad.

DeDukshyn
18th December 2013, 01:21
Pictures are usually better than dates anyway. :)

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 01:25
Haha, okay crazy.

Haha yeah, just disregard the dieting advice and the "you're a jerk because you don't agree with me" part.

She's sexy but I'd sooner swallow thumbtacks than ask her number.

@Abhaya
We're all just poking fun. I know Akasha's diet is different from mine cause Akasha was advising me to stop eating meat when I was posting about my cluster headaches. Even though we don't see eye to eye (regarding dieting) I have nothing but respect for any person who comes forward to help. God bless you all.

...but seriously, thumbtacks.

@flash
You're 100% correct. My bad.

Lol respect

i dono though I think flash wants to throw me on the BBQ for real.

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 01:38
I matured as a vegetarian of late i suppose. And I Dont want to bring it up anymore. With that said Graham Hancock mentions in one of his videos that the Amazon Rainforest is being destroyed because of the demand of hamburger consumption.

A Good article here from BBC if i may: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8516931.stm

"And look what’s happening in the Amazon, the lungs of our planet, this precious home of biodiversity: the old-growth rainforest being cut down and replaced with soya bean farms so we can feed cattle so that we can all eat hamburgers. Only a truly insane global state of consciousness could allow such an abomination to occur… We can spend countless billions on warfare, on hatred, on fear, on suspicion, on division, but we can’t get together the collective effort to save the lungs of our planet." - Graham Hancock

A new report by Forest Footprint Disclosure reveals for the first time how global business is driving rainforests to destruction in order to provide things for you and me to eat.

But it does also reveal what companies are doing to try to lighten their forest footprint. Sadly, however, the answer is: not much, at least not yet.

Consumers "eat" rainforests each day - in the form of beef-burgers, bacon and beauty products -but without knowing it.

The delivery mechanism is a global supply chain with its feet in the forests and its hands in the till.

Because of growing demand for beef, soy and palm oil, which are in much of what we consume, as well as timber and biofuels, rainforests are worth more cut down than standing up.

What's at stake? Literally, the air we breathe...
http://www.grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?f=2&i=229326&t=229326

Go figure. Yep Thats some serious shyte ehh. F..k planet Earth we need hamburgers. With that said pass the Catsup please. I put that shyte on everything.

We are all connected to everything.........

Peace

W.f.

Thank you! Great point.

With out pointing any fingers I think we can all agree that there is a a cancerous insanity in the mindsets of people at large today. We are destroying the earth on multiple fronts. And how we choose to eat is part of that insanity. Part of what's destroying the world. It's interesting that the debate over what we eat gets more heated then almost anything. The tongue is a powerful sense organ! Taste is addictive as any drug. And the defensiveness it sometimes triggers is on par with any addiction.

God if how we had sex was somehow effecting the destruction of our planet and I tried to argue that I think I'd get shot mid sentence

Hmm off to the over population thread..... Lol jokes

jagman
18th December 2013, 03:09
I guess I'm one of those people the lady is talking about because I admit,
I eat meat. I ate a porterhouse & T-bone a few nites ago at one sitting
and it was good. I didn't feel bad because the cattle farmer I got the steaks
from takes very good care of his beef. He takes one cow a year for meat.
I dont mind vegies either I also ate a salad that night. I've ate salad twice
this week. If someone wants to be a veg, good for them, but I love sinking
my teeth into a tender piece of beef once in a while. I really dont think that
makes me Hitler.

Azt
18th December 2013, 03:52
I was a Vegan for the past 3 years, now back to meat. Why? simply I understood the relationship> FbWppuyezxI

Akasha
18th December 2013, 10:56
Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread on the front page for so long. This message more than deserves the air time regardless of wether you are in agreement or not, so it's particularly encouraging when those in vehement opposition inadvertently help. Once again, thank you.

keAlM4GQfZk

18th December 2013, 11:17
But any way Akasha and I were on the fence about putting this vid up. Its shocking and we were just like let's see what happens. At least one person took it the way we hoped lol. Thanks 778

Don't mention it, I am no saint myself, but am aware of my shortcomings, and being aware still doesn't make it any better btw but, hey, I see her points, I smoke and just as it could kill me, it could kill anyone around me just as easy, will it give me some horrible disease, could very well be, does it make sense to me if someone does not want to pick up the bill for that, it totally does, do I look disgusted in supermarkets when I see people pile up tons of greasy crap in their carts that they push around with a fat ass, I sure do, do I want to pay for their open heart surgery, I sure don't, so, I have established the fact I can be a total hypocrite, the least I can do is be upfront about that, no biggie, I totally understand why you posted the vid, guilty as charged and I still think she has some very valid points ( I also think she comes across as a borderline mentalist in that particular video for that matter, which still does not mean she is wrong), and I am definitely not taking any ones side here, it is how it is.

Loved Strats thumbtack comment, nearly pissed myself reading that, makes me want to check out her page, I'll do that right now as a matter of fact.

Akasha
18th December 2013, 11:18
I was a Vegan for the past 3 years, now back to meat. Why? simply I understood the relationship> FbWppuyezxI

Quote from Bashar at the start of the vid:

On our world there is no predation, there is only symbiosis. On your world many of the animals are predatory because..... you are. Understand the reflection?

Milneman
18th December 2013, 11:20
She wouldn't be so unhappy if she had more protein in her diet...

(RUNS FOR COVER) ;)

18th December 2013, 11:24
She wouldn't be so unhappy if she had more protein in her diet...

(RUNS FOR COVER) ;)

Huh, why cover, take some responsibility will ya, ;)

Louis CK , top of the food chain

cCGVo3QTygI

Akasha
18th December 2013, 15:50
Freelea is a bulimic and anorexic. She never healed herself and she and her boyfriend have been outed for giving out dangerous advice. I was once part of the 811RV *cult* and there are plenty who are very angry with the terrible advice they give out. They are nothing more than uneducated bigots. I certainly don't want to see their videos posted on this forum with her overt display of breast implants, vulgar language etc; we are better than this. They have created a lot of drama lately amongst peaceful fruitarians because they are no longer pioneers of the Woodstock Fruit Festival held every summer.

Are you aware that her partner Durianrider has issued death threats to people (just as recent as the other day)? Durianrider is a sociopath. And their *mentor* Doug Graham has covered up deaths at his fasting retreat. His former personal assistant even terminated a pregnancy because her health could not support the pregnancy. They are far from benign and it's nothing short of a cult. I am part of a website/forum that exposes this all. I cannot stand frauds.

Freelea is not anorexic nor bulimic. These are baseless slurs at best.

Yes, they are striving for the raw vegan lifestyle and they are, like all of us, learning as they go, however I find it interesting that you mention the recent Woodstock Fruit Festival drama, since they had their pioneer status removed for not being raw vegan, instead, promoting high carb' non-raw back-up plans for those not always able to sustain the raw vegan lifestyle, something more than a little frowned upon by much of the elite raw vegan community.
The drama which ensued was extremely healthy and a diviner's fire for all manner of hypocrisy taking place within that scene, such as "raw" gurus being anything but and others directly profiting from animal cruelty products which they continue to be affiliated with to this day.

Even more interesting are your references to Doug Graham, currently one of the most if not the most respected and current "pioneers" of the Woodstock Fruit Festival.
I'm certainly not going to dispute the validity of your statements about him though and given his lack of support for Harley and Freelea over the WFF hooha I'd say it would be just another good reason that they have distanced themselves from him.

As far as Harley issuing death threats, strong claims such as that really need some evidence to back them up if you don't want to come across as slanderous.
Same applies to the claims of Freelea being anorexic/bulimic, really.

Best.

6ePo5x4f55Y

RfD2OwOEao8

Profanity warning for the second video - sorry.

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 16:17
Can u even be both bulimic and anorexic? I know u couldn't be either of those 2 and be any kind of athlete. Let alone one at an elite level like herself.

Elainie
18th December 2013, 16:20
They were kicked off WFF because of their attitude. Yes, some of the other pioneers felt their back up plans of adding mounds of white sugar, GMO boxed cereal and 3 white flour pizzas in a sitting was not conducive to the message they want to convey. They were asked to remove those videos but they refused to do so. Now DR and Leanne (Freelea) are going around slandering the other pioneers making up various tales (Kristina using honey, Dan the man promoting whey and deer antler) and so on. DR has issued death threats to various people before but more recently has threatened a woman in Australia by the name of Raw Truth because she is one of the few who has dared stand up to their hypocrisy. They used to kick people off their forum for even mentioning cooked food. Some people have archived all this info and are also exposing them.

Freelea fully admits she had anorexia and bulimia.Their main audience is young girls wanting to get as rail thin as Freelea whilst eating the volume of food she does(51 bananas in a day). She is rail thin, getting thinner all the time and her cheeks have the swollen classic bulimic chipmunk look. Purging can also be done via exercise. Many who were once part of the community know this- it's old news to us.

Doug Graham gave Jane Mutti A funeral but never apologized to her family. His former assistant Lennie M was told to keep the death hush hush. In fact she did a lot of covering up for Doug over her 10 years of working with him. The fact that his fasting retreat is in Costa Rica and not the US is for a reason. Doug does not believe in blood tests per pr post fasting, in fact he doesn't believe in blood tests at all nor does he believe in an immune system.

You can take all the advice you want from these charlatans if you want. Having ten there/done that, I prefer not to and I take advice for solid vegan MD's who have the medical knowledge and experience to back up their claims.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Yes, you can be both anorexic and bulimic. Second, she is not an elite athlete. Anyone can be on Strava. Nor is DR an elite athlete.

TargeT
18th December 2013, 16:22
well after reading some posts in this thread and doing a bit of checking... I guess my instinct is right on.

This is a very small minded person who found a nice wide encompassing excuse (in her own mind) to be elitist and judgmental using what, I'm sure, she thinks are clever little tag lines and data sets that have barely even a vague relationship with reality.

This is the dark side ladies and gentlemen, if nothing else this will cause more people to look over the possibility of veganism, the 9/11 portion was just a bit over the top...

this is the outcome of "belief", be wary of these types... (on any topic)

Elainie
18th December 2013, 16:25
Here is some information pertaining to the death of Jane. http://www.30bananasadaycult.com/death-at-doug-grahams-fasting-retreat-jane-mutti-md/

Elainie
18th December 2013, 16:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH2Z5OZL-pM

His latest death threat above.

blufire
18th December 2013, 16:46
Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread on the front page for so long. This message more than deserves the air time regardless of wether you are in agreement or not, so it's particularly encouraging when those in vehement opposition inadvertently help. Once again, thank you.

Oh you are more than welcome Akasha As one of the vehement opposition I am more than willing to help get the message out that this poor young woman is an absolute raging, misinformed, cruel, vicious, pathetic, troubled little bitch of a thing.

She is not helping your cause in any way . . . if anything it more than solidifies my stance that (this type) of extreme vegan/vegetarian is nothing more than a bigoted, small-minded, evil bullying, borderlining on terrorism.

I have had personal run-ins with this type before. Once at a farmers market specifically for meat producers we took a freezer load of naturally raised bison. A large group of peta people converged from many angles on the market with cans of gasoline and managed to ruin many farmers meat by pouring it in and over the freezers of meat they had brought to the market. Three came from behind us and just as a scrawny malnourished guy started for our freezer my business partner (big and very strong from handling buffalo and farming) grabbed his wrist with the can of gas and forced him to pour the gas on the scrawny guy. A girl just as scrawny who was with him turned to me and attempted to spit in my face . . . lets just say they retreated very quickly from our booth. But the entire group stayed the duration of the market protesting.

I have never sold out of my bison so quickly before . . .I invited them back to future markets. ;)

Few months later our farm where the buffalo was raised was on the Farm Tour for the county. Bus loads of folks would come by to visit the farm during this weekend. Come to find out, small groups of peta people had been dispatched to various farms on the tour that were meat producers and low and behold who would show up at my farm but (among the group) gas guy and spitting girl. We let them park near the road and gather up all their protest stuff and walk down to the main pasture by the buffalo, a good 400 yards. They stated to us they were registered with the farm tour and so had the ‘right’ to be on our property and protest during the touring hours . . . okay.

So I waited until they were all the way down to the pasture, called my fully trained German Shepherd guard dog and moseyed on down and walked right up to gas guy and spitting girl and said “howdy, remember me?” Let it sink in until full recognition took place and fear began to replace the smirking, self-righteous look on their faces, I graciously gave them a full 1 minute head start before I sic’d my dog on them.

I went on several of banana girls websites, there is something very dark about her and she is a very troubled young woman to say the least.

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 16:48
I was thinking. Someone could make a similar video with the subject focused around littering and recycling. They could call you out in the same manor. Saying that you might throw your litter in your own back yard but when it blows into my yard yes I take issue. If we took the same girl and then made an identical video in the same tone calling people out on their littering and it's spill over effects on others, would there be such a strong offense taken?

Haha not a chance. Maybe someone would comment that if her tone was different the message would be more accessible.. But beyond that I think most would agree whole heartedly that we need to take responsibility for those actions.

The effect on the earth, plants, animals, everything, as a result of how we choose to eat is as great, if not greater, then the threat caused by waste and litter. Yet the attitudes towards the two could not be more different. People will gladly take responsibility for a wasteful lifestyle. But when told, that they could help the world in a lot of ways by eating a plant based diet, or "worse yet" that they are actually hurting the world by the way they eat and need to take some responsibility, the reaction is either hateful outrage. Or a "chill out dude, we all eat what we want to eat, don't judge" type of responsibility dodging answer. The tongue is seriously a powerful tool for enjoyment. Don't let it lead you to act a fool.

I cannot say enough how much I respect 778's reaction to the video. Seriously I am beyond impressed. And hope to be able to achieve a level of responsibility, humility and respect similar to his in my own life

Elainie
18th December 2013, 17:10
There are other ways to spread the plant based lifestyle- done with tact, education, manners etc; I am all for plant based eating as that's how I eat myself (not that I tell anyone else to do) and sure the way one eats does affect ecology etc; but I believe one can spread the message (providing that's what one wants to do) in a less combative manner.

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 17:17
There are other ways to spread the plant based lifestyle- done with tact, education, manners etc; I am all for plant based eating as that's how I eat myself (not that I tell anyone else to do) and sure the way one eats does affect ecology etc; but I believe one can spread the message (providing that's what one wants to do) in a less combative manner.

So you would agree that the tone of her message is really the only aspect in question? Also when does it become cowardly rather then humble in respect to keeping quiet about something like a holocaust. I think it is very important to put out the facts regarding the impact of a heavy meat based diet, as provided by today's factory farms.

Akasha
18th December 2013, 17:25
Thanks for the info' ERK. Regarding the death of Jane Mutt, that happened at Doug Graham's retreat and whilst undergoing a water fast, something that Harley advises against always.

Regarding the death threat claims, Raw Truth is clearly bitter about her "calorie restriction turned me into a fat b***h" situation, but Harley advises the absolute opposite of calorie restriction. The "evidence" she presents is pitiful at best. If she had recorded cell phone conversations, why not just publish them instead of mimicking his voice and thinking that will suffice?

To me, Raw Truth appears psychotic, and having spent more time than I would have liked on the wrong side of the asylum walls, I think I'm reasonably qualified in that regard.

Ultimately for me, it's about adopting a compassionate diet, free from animal products and so I stand side by side with them because ultimately that's their message too.

Best.

TargeT
18th December 2013, 17:35
I think it is very important to put out the facts regarding the impact of a heavy meat based diet, as provided by today's factory farms.

then how come there are rarely (never?) any facts?

lets see some statements with sources! (it's too easy really)

Akasha
18th December 2013, 17:45
.... I graciously gave them a full 1 minute head start before I sic’d my dog on them.....

Very gracious indeed, lol. So did your dog catch up with them or were they carb'ed up enough to escape unmauled? If not, did your grace extend to calling them an ambulance?.....and I don't mean "you're an ambulance, you're an ambulance" :p

I appreciate your honesty by the way.

Best.

blufire
18th December 2013, 17:48
Thanks for the info' ERK. Regarding the death of Jane Mutt, that happened at Doug Graham's retreat and whilst undergoing a water fast, something that Harley advises against always.

Regarding the death threat claims, Raw Truth is clearly bitter about her "calorie restriction turned me into a fat b***h" situation, but Harley advises the absolute opposite of calorie restriction. The "evidence" she presents is pitiful at best. If she had recorded cell phone conversations, why not just publish them instead of mimicking his voice and thinking that will suffice?

To me, Raw Truth appears psychotic, and having spent more time than I would have liked on the wrong side of the asylum walls, I think I'm reasonably qualified in that regard.

Ultimately for me, it's about adopting a compassionate diet, free from animal products and so I stand side by side with them because ultimately that's their message too.Best.

Then my sincere suggestion to you Akasha is that you also stand side by side with someone whose message is also compassionate.

I also feel that for your message to be successful that the message be compassionate to both animals and your fellow human alike. Neither is more important or greater than the other.

I have avoided the ‘other thread’ that is bashing we omnivores or what you and Abhaya and others wrongly call ‘meat-eaters’ because I am tired of unreasonable uneducated discussion that in no way includes a practical solution on how to actually end animal factory farming and cruelty.

This thread is about the ‘Judgmental Vegan Bitch’ and again in no way supports the message that you ultimately (I am assuming) you want spread far and wide.

I have fully supported vegetarian/vegan diets and lifestyle on my farms. To the point of separating a flock of hens away from the rooster so their eggs would not be fertilized.

If your message (like this woman’s) is hurting ANYONE then is this a message you want to promote and support?

Akasha
18th December 2013, 17:53
I think it is very important to put out the facts regarding the impact of a heavy meat based diet, as provided by today's factory farms.

CDC ok for you TarGeT?

http://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm

Considering that no-one in their right mind would dispute America's leadership in the consumption of meat, Q.E.D. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q.E.D.)

Too easy indeed.

dianna
18th December 2013, 18:05

This thread is not about facts, sources or compassion (or mature philosophical discussion) ... it is simply about being "judgmental" and "righteous" (oh, and being "experimented" on to gauge "reaction") ... to quote from a previous post ...

"But any way Akasha and I were on the fence about putting this vid up. Its shocking and we were just like let's see what happens. At least one person took it the way we hoped lol."

I hope all who commented in this thread has provided endless amusement for your cause ...

learninglight
18th December 2013, 18:07
Quote from Flash : Here, on Avalon, respect of others and their free will and choices is a must. WE are from all over the world with different cultures, languages, sizes, races, and good healh or sickness.

We do not need people doing videos like this one. This is precisely what we usually stand against, small, petite, despising and judjemental behavior from someone who dares thinking of herself as better than others.

I've qouted Flash as she has put it better than i could,

sharon

Elainie
18th December 2013, 18:08
Raw Truth may be bitter but she is Harley's match because of how she behaves (like him). Harley is clearly a sociopath to many of us former 811RVers. I would rather side with sane people, Harley and Leanne have acted far from sane over the years. And Blufire is spot on when she sussed out the compassionate component.

Akasha
18th December 2013, 18:12
I also feel that for your message to be successful that the message be compassionate to both animals and your fellow human alike. Neither is more important or greater than the other.

But you're a hog farmer, Blufire. surely you would want a message that undermines your livelihood to be as unsuccessful as possible or am I missing something......

.....and if "neither ("animals" or "your fellow human") is more important or greater than the other", then I'm greatly relieved that murder is still illegal given the inevitable fate of the animals you raise.

Akasha
18th December 2013, 18:24
I hope all who commented in this thread has provided endless amusement for your cause ...

Amusement, no, but it has certainly raised the profile of the "cause" given how long the thread continues to remain at the forefront of the forum...a "cause" which you share if I'm not mistaken.

dianna
18th December 2013, 18:38

Amusement, no, but it has certainly raised the profile of the "cause" given how long the thread continues to remain at the forefront of the forum...a "cause" which you share if I'm not mistaken.

I have no "cause" simply because I choose to eat a certain way ... and I certainly do not "bait" my meat eating friends into discussions so I can feel more "enlightened" then they are ...

Akasha
18th December 2013, 18:45

I have no "cause" simply because I choose to eat a certain way ... and I certainly do not "bait" my meat eating friends into discussions so I can feel more "enlightened" then they are ...

It's simply about reducing suffering. Enlightenment can wait. Sorry if you think I'm baiting you.

blufire
18th December 2013, 18:48

But you're a hog farmer, Blufire. surely you would want a message that undermines your livelihood to be as unsuccessful as possible or am I missing something......

.....and if "neither ("animals" or "your fellow human") is more important or greater than the other", then I'm greatly relieved that murder is still illegal given the inevitable fate of the animals you raise.

LOL. . . okay

The fact you think I am a hog farmer tells me you have NO idea of what kind of farmer I am today let alone the farms I created and worked while in Kansas.

As to the rest of your post . . . you wouldn’t be the ‘gas guy’ I chased off my farm would you?

AND as to your comment to diana

The only reason this thread has stayed on the front page is because of the complete absurdity and outrageousness of it. I am thrilled it has stayed up as long as it has and hope it stays up a lot longer because it (this thread) and your comments and actions will destroy any respect and validity you have remotely had concerning the vegan/vegetarian topic. You (in my opinion) have ‘guttered’ any ability you have had in past threads (or future ones) to put forth any message that will be respected and listened to.

I hope this thread will end your voice and then maybe other vegan and vegetarians will be able to come forth and speak their Truth and understanding in such a way that it won’t divide and polarize this forum. A voice and message that I and others can respect and fully support.

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 18:50
I'm sorry but I think its hilarious that some are taking such offense to this video. I mean if we are so at peace in our eating. We wouldn't have to worry about some whiney skinny vegan girls ideals having an effect on us right??

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 18:58
If anyone has been disrespectful it those who are showing the greatest opposition on this thread. It is one thing to say you think the video is rubbish. But if we tally personal attacks on this thread.... Well flash lead off the front there and the flow continued from there.

blufire
18th December 2013, 19:05
I'm sorry but I think its hilarious that some are taking such offense to this video. I mean if we are so at peace in our eating. We wouldn't have to worry about some whiney skinny vegan girls ideals having an effect on us right??

Keep it rolling brother and helping Akasha dig that hole that is starting very much to look like a grave.

If anyone has been disrespectful it those who are showing the greatest opposition on this thread. It is one thing to say you think the video is rubbish. But if we tally personal attacks on this thread.... Well flash lead off the front there and the flow continued from there

WRONG! the disrespect and attack started with the Vegan Nazi Judgmental Bitch video.

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 19:15
Blu fire on the attack. I can taste your hatred from here easy brother. I understand you would like to snuff us out and stand over our graves in a captain Morgan stance. At Least that's the distinct energy in your posts. But I'm still going to stand by the fact that the reaction displayed by you and some others is blown way out of proportion as to the original source material.

Childish aggression.

Akasha
18th December 2013, 19:15
The fact you think I am a hog farmer tells me you have NO idea of what kind of farmer I am today let alone the farms I created and worked while in Kansas.

Sorry Blufire, I thought you were hog farmer based on the following quote:

....When I have raised hogs in the past I personally use standard breed of pig called a Hampshire. They have been raised on family farms for generations and across the planet.....

blufire
18th December 2013, 19:21
Blu fire on the attack. I can taste your hatred from here easy brother. I understand you would like to snuff us out and stand over our graves in a captain Morgan stance. At Least that's the distinct energy in your posts. But I'm still going to stand by the fact that the reaction displayed by you and some others is blown way out of proportion as to the original source material.

Childish aggression.

Check my profile. . I'm fully 100% female

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 19:24
I feel like this is not being addressed.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?66575-I-m-a-Judgemental-Vegan---&p=773916&viewfull=1#post773916

If it's rubbish please let me know.

This is the kind of debate I would have liked.

Not all this hurt kitty stuff.

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 19:32

Many Animals are currently not getting one 100th the respect of humans. Sometimes a message deserves a voice maybe slightly stronger then a tea time one. Where is the great offense here. Her message is that we need to take responsibility for our actions!!! How can we react so stubbornly to that message?[COLOR="red"][COLOR="red"]

TargeT
18th December 2013, 19:33
I feel like this is not being addressed.

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?66575-I-m-a-Judgemental-Vegan---&p=773916&viewfull=1#post773916

If it's rubbish please let me know.

it's not a very good idea, we don't compare apples to oranges for the very same reason.

Many Animals are currently not getting one 100th the respect of humans. Sometimes a message deserves a voice maybe slightly stronger then a tea time one. Where is the great offense here. Her message is that we need to take responsibility for our actions!!! How can we react so stubbornly to that message?[COLOR="red"]

Just because you personally choose to quantify some life over other forms of life doesn't mean it's a universal truth.

insects/reptiles/plants don't get 100th the respect of humans either.

Abhaya
18th December 2013, 19:36
So let's just screw them all as long as we respect each other's every choice then?

it's not a very good idea, we don't compare apples to oranges for the very same reason.

Really....... That's it?

TargeT
18th December 2013, 19:42
So let's just screw them all as long as we respect each other's every choice then?

Really....... That's it?

exaggeration/extremist comments marginalize your position. I'd say we aren't even "screwing" 1% of animals, your audience here isn't the "unwashed masses" you don't need to gain attention with flamboyant comments, stick with facts (if you have any).

as for comparing two completely unrelated topics.. yes, it's really that simple.

Elainie
18th December 2013, 20:30
http://www.richroll.com/podcast/rrp-62-david-simon-author-meatonomics-rigged-economics-meat-dairy-industry/

RRP #62: David Simon, Author of Meatonomics: How the Bizarre, Rigged Economics of the Meat and Dairy Industries Co-Opt Consumer Choice
Posted by admin in: podcast

"Sometimes I feel like some kind of fringe conspiracy theorist. I didn’t used to be this way, I promise. But the more I delve into how things work — truly work — the more amazed I am by what I discover.

I don’t care if you are vegan, locavore, pescatarian, paleo, primal, high-carb, low-carb, or slow-carb. Everyone deserves to be optimally informed when it comes to how our food is harvested, distributed and marketed. And yet, quite unfortunately, most consumers lack even a basic awareness of the dynamics at play, let alone a working understanding of the formidable economic protocols that function behind the production of meat, fish, eggs, and dairy.

It is incumbent upon all of us to take personal responsibility for educating ourselves about the economic machinations that dominate and drive our food system. Why? Because these forces affect all of us, irrespective of dietary preference. And because informed choice is power.

Today on the show I am pleased to introduce David Robinson Simon, attorney, advocate for sustainable consumption, and author of the newly released Meatonomics – an important, groundbreaking and astoundingly revelatory deep dive into the potent economic, marketing, regulatory & legislative forces that support the meat and dairy industries’ masterful ability to influence and downright undermine informed consumer awareness and decision making when it comes to what — and how much — to eat.

David’s thesis is that such consumer decisions aren’t just misplaced, but in fact manipulated and compelled — often on an unconscious level — by the behemoth animal food producers who effectively co-opt consumers’ buying choices with artificially-low prices fueled by out-of-whack farm subsidies; ubiquitous, powerful but misleading marketing campaigns; and heavy control over legislation and regulatory policy at the highest echelons of government.

Over the course of our conversation, David provides vital insight into how the economics of institutional animal food production hold sway over our spending, eating, health, prosperity, economy, environment and longevity. A perfect storm of almost conspiratorial circumstances that serve — in the macro — to exponentially increase (among other things):

Annual US taxpayer dollars spent to subsidize meat & dairy;
The rapid depletion of our forests & soil;
The level of greenhouse gas emissions that catalyze irrevocable climate change;
The collapsing of wild fisheries;
The proliferation of “farmed” fisheries;
US dietary cholesterol intake;
The incidence of cancer, diabetes and heart disease related to meat and dairy consumption
Healthcare costs allocated to treat US cases of diseases related to meat and dairy consumption
For a quick source-supported primer, check out David’s Meatonomics Index — 40 facts and figures that paint a picture of how our meat and dairy intake has spiraled out of control since 1935.

Food for thought.

Thanks for checking out this post and the episode, and I hope you enjoy the conversation."

Rich Roll is the sort of plant based advocate who doesn't come off as combative, angry, attention seeking, etc;

Sierra
18th December 2013, 20:43
This might be a case of garbage in (original video), garbage out.

If we're going to discuss a topic that starts flame wars most times it comes up, let's not start the conversation with a video designed to make people emotionally reactive.

Closing thread, in the hopes the next vegetarian vs meat eating thread can be more courteous...

Thanks, Sierra :closed: