PDA

View Full Version : ET vs terrestrials

Tangri
18th December 2013, 02:19
I have a little story for you to filtrate.

A fox, gathered 10 chicken and a couple rooster and told them he is going to give them big barn which will provide safe and warm environment from outside's danger and inconveniences. They thought it would be fun and safer.

Meanwhile previous occupant of the barn, there were a turtle and a Labrador dog
with them.

After few years the Barn was full of the chicken and rooster. He success he could take out sick and death ones from herd then rest will be healthier and food will be more accessible. They accept the offer which would give more space and they will not run more.
edited dec23,2013

A young rooster glances a strange face nearby to his beak he says
Hi,

The turtle replies
Hi,
R- I hope, I am not cutting of your way, I was just looking some snack.
T- No not at all, I do not do snack between meals, these days ,if you like to have some clover leaves, there are plenty under that north-east pillar.
The rooster thanks to turtle and goes that pillar. After nice snacking he picks a nice worm on his return path for turtle.
R- I want to thank you with this worm for tour tip that you gave me earlier.
The turtle smiles
-Oh! thanks, I am a vegetarian, I eat only leaves.
R- I am surprised, I thought all chickens eat worms.
T- I am an egg layers like chickens, but have a little different life style than you

One day a vegetarian Eagle saw this place and told the fox, to leave the herd alone.

Fox replies
-They are happy here and they chose their life style. If I let them outside they are
going to be terrified from your appearance..

edited after Carmody's contribution
Eagle found some curious hen at the one of top windows dreaming somethings different than others. She lands nearby without showing herself and have a chat with it. Eagle finds out that life at the barn seems symbiotic relation at the beginning background it turns parasitic life style and bird kinds does not deserve it.
She tells the hen they are all bird with different size and ability and go back to the rest and give the news to the rest, birds are very lucky animals which can use their wings and legs.

Eagle says
- They are bird, I am a bird and vegetarian. release them immediately.
Fox replies with a greedy voice,

-if you come to close here I am going to burn the barn and told them you did it. They all borne here and do not now the outside and will be vulnerable there without flying ability.

Here my questions for you;

What can the eagle do after this point ?

Development of the story after Skipy's sad video

I need to clarify the vegetarian eagle.
They(it is easier then he/she dilemma) religiously believe below code of conduct

-Demonstrate honesty and integrity
-Respect differences in animals, their ideas, and their opinions
-Treat one another with dignity and respect at all times, and especially when there is disagreement
-Respect and treat others fairly, regardless of, for example, race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability
-Respect the rights of others
-Show proper care and regard for wild property and the property of others
-Take appropriate measures to help those in need
-Seek assistance from a member of the wild life, if necessary, to resolve conflict peacefully
-Respect all members of the wild life, especially persons in positions of authority
-Respect the need of others to work in an environment that is conducive to learning and teaching

Maybe this can help you to develop an empathy for the eagle.

Flash
18th December 2013, 02:22
eat the fox, cause his nature will come back.

Tangri
18th December 2013, 02:23
:o

:o :wizard: Not that easy answer

The eagle is vegetarian.

Carmody
18th December 2013, 02:27
the eagle must enter the barn.

Tangri
18th December 2013, 02:30

Chickens are not ready yet

Carmody
18th December 2013, 02:37
Then... the complex answer,

the prelude to the last resort of entering the barn: Which is to hint. to infiltrate, to make noises on the roof. to show through windows, to be seen and not seen. To let the chickens build their own understanding.

The slow build to an appearance. An appearance with is a last resort, if all else fails.

To tie up the fox in games, as part of that method.

(accidentally edited before I read your last post below) Not forgetting that the Labrador dog is there, of course. Or the turtle. The Labrador dog is going to be barking a warning, possibly.

Tangri
18th December 2013, 02:47
I have compelled to add a turtle and a Labrador dog to the story without them story would be half spoken, even though they do not add any to the barn life ,and scare from the birds.

Freed Fox
18th December 2013, 02:52

Then you must think the human race deserves extinction.

Human nature is to take, take, take. Endless selfish consumption at the expense of the planet and everything else on it.

Flash
18th December 2013, 02:57

Then you must think the human race deserves extinction.

Human nature is to take, take, take. Endless selfish consumption at the expense of the planet and everything else on it.

No, I do not see human nature like that at all.

I see a subset of human as take take take, not the whole human race, just a subset. Most people would be quite benevolent if given the choice, except for a few sick ones, mentally disabled sociopath and psychopath who actually have the upper hand.

So, no extinction. Except for a few undesirable ones maybe.lol

ghostrider
18th December 2013, 03:00
The eagle can fly elsewhere ...

Tesseract
18th December 2013, 03:06
Seems like the eagle could solicit the testimony of the turtle and labrador that the fox didn't build the barn, thus exposing the fox to be deceitful liar.

skippy
18th December 2013, 03:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYJIAHpDRMs

Freed Fox
18th December 2013, 03:14
No, I do not see human nature like that at all.

I see a subset of human as take take take, not the whole human race, just a subset.

I strongly disagree, and history disagrees with you as well.

Funny how these 'subsets' have been in all the positions of power from the beginning of recorded history, isn't it?

The truly compassionate, and the very few selfless individuals, have been those who managed to rise above human nature.

Look at the Amazon rain forest; the lungs of the Earth, and we are still eating it away.

Look at Fukushima. Did that incident teach us a lesson? No; we're still building MORE OF THEM.

And exactly how many species have we hunted into extinction, or otherwise driven to that point with our expanse and 'conquest' over nature?

But I guess when we're gasping our last dying breaths, we can rest assured that if we were given the choice, we would have been benevolent.

Edit - the fox in the OP, incidentally, is treating the chickens with more kindness and decency than thousands of HUMANS treat animals in the modern meat industry. But kill him, right? He's not human so who cares? We're so above that sort of thing.

Tesseract
18th December 2013, 03:27
[QUOTE=Flash;773661]
the fox in the OP, incidentally, is treating the chickens with more kindness and decency than thousands of HUMANS treat animals in the modern meat industry.

Not sure we can trust you for unbiased commentary on Foxes...

Carmody
18th December 2013, 03:29
Try not to be the chicken.

Ask yourself: what would eagle do?

(I ponder this question often. it seems to be writ on the world situation, at large. Both subtle and not.) (it is a good exercise. It's about adopting the thing that your are not, so perspective can change)

Freed Fox
18th December 2013, 03:35
Not sure we can trust you for unbiased commentary on Foxes...

Well, that made me smile, so cheers.

But the point is valid. The barn is described as big and warm, and the chickens were given a choice. I'm not even advocating vegetarianism/veganism here, just a shred of decency and compassion. There are any number of horrific expose videos online which illustrate the truly awful conditions animals such as chickens and cattle have to endure in the most 'industrial' facilities.

And Flash, I'm not trying to pick on you. I'm sorry if it seems that way. I admit that I'm presenting a rather pessimistic perspective right now, but that certainly doesn't mean it isn't also realistic.

One thing about being grounded; you tend to get dirty.

Err - down to earth, rather. :p

Tangri
18th December 2013, 03:46
As far as this is just a story, nothing wrong to put some personal detail on the eagle's portfolio.
Now we learned their code of conduct in the story.
I know it makes the answer more complicated, but I am telling you this is the story.

Clue; If you can not create an empathy for eagle it is almost impossible to get understand.
Is there any solution to make eagles be little flexible on their code of conduct ?

Carmody
18th December 2013, 04:01
Eagle must find those who wish to leave the barn. surely there must be some. it's a big barn, fox cannot see around all corners at all times. Find the chickens who want something else.

Then, send them back into the barn, with stories of eagle. The chickens must ask for eagle.

(the variations are almost limitless. The point is to pick away at fox's 'loose ends', all the corners that fox cannot cover)

(let me put it to the general reader this way: the higher I get, the further I go, the more often I run into UFO's and 'outsider' contact)

Hervé
18th December 2013, 04:06
I am probably hallucinating... but... IIRC... there used to be a monster thread about that subject, although less metaphorical...

See, there were these guys arguing about what to do, etc... one of the guy's name was Bill... the other one had a number of handles... Atticus... Charles... Stephen...

... and the story went that although the crow saved Bill's life, it was still after him and trying to corner him... but then the crow went to nest somewhere else...

haibane
18th December 2013, 04:07

Says who? The fox?

Kalamos
18th December 2013, 05:13

Agape
18th December 2013, 05:24
Eagle drops an egg to the barn .. creates hen-eagle hybrid ..and the offspring will show the chicken how to fly ;)

Tangri
18th December 2013, 05:24
I am probably hallucinating... but... IIRC... there used to be a monster thread about that subject, although less metaphorical...

See, there were these guys arguing about what to do, etc... one of the guy's name was Bill... the other one had a number of handles... Atticus... Charles... Stephen...

... and the story went that although the crow saved Bill's life, it was still after him and trying to corner him... but then the crow went to nest somewhere else...

Hello hello !!
Let me to clear your understanding. Being accused talking same subject like Atticus ,Charles, Stephen's is very offensive for my intend.
This story is developing one, it is not dictated one and will be developed with participants, otherwise it was a short story of mine. I also recommend to read story again because it is a new one already.
Also this will be story of an vegetarian eagle, not a fox's.

Tangri
18th December 2013, 05:28
Eagle must find those who wish to leave the barn. surely there must be some. it's a big barn, fox cannot see around all corners at all times. Find the chickens who want something else.

Then, send them back into the barn, with stories of eagle. The chickens must ask for eagle.

(the variations are almost limitless. The point is to pick away at fox's 'loose ends', all the corners that fox cannot cover)

(let me put it to the general reader this way: the higher I get, the further I go, the more often I run into UFO's and 'outsider' contact)

Your contribution be added and it augmented the original story.

GNC Harteveld
18th December 2013, 05:38
It's the way of the world.
Even God himself couldn't change that by flooding the place.

skippy
18th December 2013, 07:21
Eagle drops an egg to the barn .. creates hen-eagle hybrid ..and the offspring will show the chicken how to fly ;)
Fly like an eagle? What.., chickens..? They tried the same thing with the turtles (too heavy and slow). The labradors, at their turn, were too attached to the barn and the fox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1f7eZ8cHpM

Observer1964
18th December 2013, 10:15

Says who? The fox?

Must be the Fox, but the fox isn't ready yet to give up control, not yet done exploiting.

And what is ready?
When is a baby ready to see an adult?

Milneman
18th December 2013, 11:00
Eagle is going to keep visiting the chickens.

Eagle respects life, etc, which means that also includes the fox. So Eagle is going to try and convince Fox the best thing to do is tell the chickens. Fox, however, isn't going to buy that right away. But Eagle is going to keep trying. Eagle will keep coming in the middle of the night, visiting the chickens he/she thinks are ready to fly...because...you see....the barn doesn't really contain chickens.

What you didn't know...is fox has actually convinced them they are chickens, when in reality...they are all eagles.

What makes this worse? (Oh, why am I doing this, this isn't my thread! SORRY!)

There's badgers also visiting the barn. They're tagging the chickens because they want to find out more about the eagle.

UGH

i get so far and my head hurts.

See, here's the other crazyness that nobody realizes.

The Fox is actually an eagle too....but thinks he's a chicken...and had to convince himself he was a Fox so he could convince the eagles they were chickens....

Are we there yet???

:)

Milneman
18th December 2013, 11:05
nDTf4KvsLpI

Ammit
18th December 2013, 12:31
Why not just ask the chickens what they want out of their existence....

Carmody
18th December 2013, 13:22
Ultimately, in this framework of reality, no matter the state of logic in the given mind, we are brick-walled (reach a final limit) by the belief and projection.

As..being a point of self recognition, a recognizing of self, this very point defines the limits of what reality may be, no matter the layers and levels that may be represented in self.

Beyond that, nothing can be proven, even to the consciousness of a universal intelligence in singularity of all.

Agape
18th December 2013, 13:34
Fly like an eagle? What.., chickens..? They tried the same thing with the turtles (too heavy and slow). The labradors, at their turn, were too attached to the barn and the fox.

It happened so in the past .. eagles and hens .. that's why people get so excited about eating turkey . Turkey inherited some of the hormones from prey birds and weight combined from both species .

It happens when an eagle or other birds of prey are accidentally grounded , injured leg or whatever and kept with the hen stock.
In the next generation you get various turkey varieties , not what the eagle originally wanted because the offspring is heavy and can't fly too far and fast but can.

Even wild hens can fly and your home kept ones would fly unless the farmers would painfully trim their wings in childhood . They do it exactly so they get fat and don't fly away.

Wild hens are much slimmer and can fly :angel:

;)

Becky
18th December 2013, 13:37
I'm really enjoying this story...looking forward to the bit where everyone lives happily ever after. I think I must be one of those chickens that's just sitting and waiting...laying a few eggs to pass the time :-)

Lifebringer
18th December 2013, 13:50
The eagle can tell the curious chicken she is vegetarian and loves to be free to breathe the fresh air and fly the skies. The eagle knows this chicken was curious and the message to the other chickens that the fox keeps trying to scare, will take root and soon they will ask for allowance of fresh air so they don't sicken, and then the fox who "shows so much concern" will have to open something or finally the chickens will figure those older and sicker chickens sent outside for mercy, just may have been eaten by the fox as they all agreed to the sacrificing of those chickens for the whole. Keeping them inside will make them sick, as the fox keeps a steady food source. The eagle must ask the chickens to ask the fox, where are they laying after they have been killed. If there is scattered bones, then the fox is the culprit that pulled those bones apart. Not only that, but the scent of the fox, will be among the bones and they cannot lie.

Nice interesting story that leads to all questions of inquisition to free the chicken/food source.
They had a "Star Trek Next Generation" story, the Captain's mental psychologist ship doctor, had a mother who was a widow and attended a function on a planet with diplomats and statesmen ball, and fell in love with a elder statesman of the planet, after he boarded the Enterprise for a tour and a last restful vacation among the heavens/stars. He was to return back to his planet to voluntarily "go extinct/killed," so the young could live on the limited resources, recycled on a mostly desert planet, caused by a nuke war, that destroyed most of them. To preserve the planet, an age and funeral paid by the state(those who did it), would be done at the age of 65 or 56, I forget, been two years since I boldly went there.
BOT
The mother who fell in love after years of being a widow, tried to convince this guy to run away with her. She was of high status, and he could live on her planet and not take the resources. But the penalty had something to do with public shaming and embarrassment, of the remaining family, because they did not commit as promised, when the age came for "extinction." Marriages of engagement had been stopped because of this, and his daughter married high rank. The psychic ship's liason and psychology doctor's name was "Troy.' Number "One" under the Captain Piccard, was in love with her.

Have we gotten there yet, because those who plan, planned for a long time? Watch your lawmakers and keep a watchful eye on their voting behind closed doors. We must be the eagles, and use our very sharp vision, to ensure they do not destroy mother nature or us.

Did you hear of all the corporate side swindlers, complaining because they were losing customers worldwide?

Pretty good, eh?

davyj0nes
18th December 2013, 20:43
i was thinking maybe the eagle could disguise himself as a chicken and go and live within barn.

Tangri
19th December 2013, 01:57
Ultimately, in this framework of reality, no matter the state of logic in the given mind, we are brick-walled (reach a final limit) by the belief and projection.

As..being a point of self recognition, a recognizing of self, this very point defines the limits of what reality may be, no matter the layers and levels that may be represented in self.

Beyond that, nothing can be proven, even to the consciousness of a universal intelligence in singularity of all.

When time comes to solve a realty puzzle there is a fail safe locks, called depression, desperation, those are one bulk of the built brick-walled limitation for most of us including I.
Something stops me to write or talk on it, even on my own experienced events. But when we are talking on bed time story or creating new one our limits goes infinite, fail-safe lock thinks, it is a imagination and no lock for imagination(forget to put it at assembly line or just left purposely, to resume development of intelligence) I used to find this very handy with drawings when I was working with children whom verbal vocabulary was limited)
If we feel that this is our own imagination and it will cause no damage, than we can over come on build- in restrictions.
I am very anxious about this story on what is going to let me and others write in it.
So far at 100 viewed , 20 intuited to touch on subject, 1-2 tried to block it, 3-4 contributions added, it seems not encouraging but if you compare this with 90 % lost on average mass, it shows we can over come our restrictions.
So lets go on:high5:

Tangri
19th December 2013, 02:19
Seems like the eagle could solicit the testimony of the turtle and labrador that the fox didn't build the barn, thus exposing the fox to be deceitful liar.

I wanted see who cares the turtle and labrodor dog in this story, thank you.

This is my first own written story then I need a lot of untold words and imagination for developing the story. This is going to be in Avalon Archive only.

Tangri
23rd December 2013, 23:38
Lets add some more .

A young hen meet the turtle while he was searching the ground.
PS: first post was edited