PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with energy vampires

GreenGuy
22nd December 2013, 17:49
I came across a good article on energy thieves (http://sorendreier.com/energy-vampires-among-us/) or vampires. We've all encountered them. Some folks just leave us feeling depleted. And while most of them do it unconsciously, some are very aware of what they're doing.

People who make a conscious practice of being a source of energy and sharing it with the world - reiki practitioners, lightworkers, those who seek to create a good effect in the world around them, must learn to shield themselves from the vampires, yet not so much that they're unable to partake in the good energy exchanges. It takes love, and it takes work, and it's absolutely worthwhile.

Aurvandil
22nd December 2013, 21:59
Yes, tell me about it, I was almost killed by one, who knew exactly what he did, awhile back just because I work with energies. This is scary stuff and totally real. After this attack however, Ive lost a great deal of my sensibility. I also stay shielded as much as I can but not while practicing my energy work.

markpierre
22nd December 2013, 23:54
Just ask Teal.

FWM-92ripck
I hate having to take responsibility. Oh well.

skyflower
23rd December 2013, 02:05
I had a friend for ten years, that is a psychic vampire.
We lived in different countries, so she would call me once or twice a week to drain me with her life's drama.
I got to experience her vampirism full time when I moved to her city a few years ago. A few months of constant exposure to her finally made me realize what she was, and to finally accept the fact that she would not change.

I cut all ties with her now, but thanks to her, I can identify psychic vampires from the get go.

ghostrider
23rd December 2013, 03:41
All the more reason to work on our consciousness , we transmit or we recieve ...

jounai
23rd December 2013, 05:25
Hehe, I'm aware that this experience exist. :) I have never had a "energy-depletion" problem since I kinda always are more or less overcharged with energy. At times it happen that I do meet people that are into the idea of vampirism energetically and my response is more or less always just love, which basically means that I give them all the energy they so desire. The funny thing is that even as I share this energy with people that energetically asks for it I become stronger, meaning that I get more charged with energy. I understand however that many do experience this idea of vampirism and I would never suggest anyone to behave like myself before the foundation work is gone through. Haha, anyone that feels like having some of my energy are free to ask or simply tap into it...it kinda is unconditional in that sense and it is an energy that is infinite and never ends. :)

alh02
23rd December 2013, 07:09
Hi all,

Thought some of you here might find the below video of value.

It's quite lengthy, at 3hrs 32mins in length, but for those of you who have an interest in this subject and some time on your hands, I think you will find it to be worthhile...

PrometheanReachXVI
Alternative researcher Michael Tsarion's groundbreaking investigation into the problem of evil continues with a penetrating and scholarly look at the strange phenomenon of Psychic Vampirism. Michael's analysis of this deadly syndrome digs deeper than any other work on the subject.Michael Tsarion - Psychic Vampirism
Eozgrs4DTDs

Milneman
23rd December 2013, 21:43
There is a way to deal with this.

Engage them in conversation, and just take control of the conversation, and talk about good things in your life, even if you have to reach for it. They hate that. What's worse is they will realize just how impossible it'll be to get anything from you.

Anchor
24th December 2013, 04:05
Just ask Teal.

I hate having to take responsibility. Oh well.

She nailed this totally and I certainly agree with her.

Shezbeth
24th December 2013, 19:48
I have known and interacted with a number of cases of Psychic Vampirism. Some were insignificant, where I could spend all day with the person and not feel the slightest twinge. Those experiences led me to believe that the unlimited energy of the awareness can protect the individual from adverse effect.

More recently however I have experienced such individuals who, at the end of a several-hour session left me so drained that after sleeping 10 hours in response, I woke up feeling like it was the end of a long, hard day.

I have since theorized that there may be a physiological effect during psychic vampirism, and that a finite body has a finite threshold of energy that can be drawn before there is consequences to the individual being subject.

Psychic Vampires come in all shapes, sizes, and intensities. If one should engage such individuals I suggest that it ought be a business arrangement, where one's energy is exchanged for goods and/or services. Further one should be very careful and shrewd in outlining the 'contract', actual or implicit. One could do worse than avoid being indebted to such individuals.

pumashared
25th December 2013, 01:26
got to admit i think im one. all the girls that i hang out with i somehow manage to make cry.

Shezbeth
25th December 2013, 01:46
i somehow manage to make cry.

Crying can be/is a necessary catharsis, and in that the PV has the potential to serve a vital role - that of drawing out and absorbing non-conducive energies, ideas, experiences, preconceptions,... the whole gamut.

I agree with ^--Teal except for her initial point, that a PV cuts one off from source resulting in the drain (in fact, she seems to disagree at times). The energies involved in a PV experience are tied to the thoughts/actions generated, not the infinite source which one truly(imo) has an unrestricted interaction with at all times. The source energy would then be that which keeps a person alive, though drained.

There are PVs who will draw out one's lesser habits/emotions/thoughts, and there are those who will assist in the location, identification, and extraction of things which our physical form's psychology possesses and is/are being obtrusive in our living process.

But that is only my experience, and is not meant to be a definition/boundry.

Redstar Kachina
25th December 2013, 02:09

Shezbeth
25th December 2013, 02:54
Likewise with any authoritarian structure.

Hip Hipnotist
25th December 2013, 03:22
I did extensive research into psychic vampirism back in the 70's the results of which led to a feature film I did in the early 80's.

The title was/is "One Dark Night" and since has developed quite a cult following. Don't ask me why.

The tag line was/is, 'a psychic vampire who's powers extend from beyond the grave'.

Yes, highly commercialized in order to get it produced.

Anyone interested, brave enough or just really bored can actually view the entire film on Youtube.

Here is the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O41H9P8TA6E

markpierre
25th December 2013, 05:41
i somehow manage to make cry.

Crying can be/is a necessary catharsis, and in that the PV has the potential to serve a vital role - that of drawing out and absorbing non-conducive energies, ideas, experiences, preconceptions,... the whole gamut.

I agree with ^--Teal except for her initial point, that a PV cuts one off from source resulting in the drain (in fact, she seems to disagree at times). The energies involved in a PV experience are tied to the thoughts/actions generated, not the infinite source which one truly(imo) has an unrestricted interaction with at all times. The source energy would then be that which keeps a person alive, though drained.

There are PVs who will draw out one's lesser habits/emotions/thoughts, and there are those who will assist in the location, identification, and extraction of things which our physical form's psychology possesses and is/are being obtrusive in our living process.

But that is only my experience, and is not meant to be a definition/boundry.

The 'initial point' is that it's impossible to give away your energy, and impossible to take someone's energy.
I totally agree. I didn't hear any other points.
You feel drained because of your own thoughts in reaction, ie 'I'd rather be reading a captivating racing schedule' or
'oh God, I'm as vulnerable as this clod...I feel sick', or
'if I'm going to listen to this gasbag winge about his dramas, I want $80 an hour.'
The solution? $80 for an hour of patient listening, or 10 minutes of true advice for free.

It's NEVER about 'someone else'. It's always you.

Shezbeth
25th December 2013, 19:56
That is certainly A case in point when dealing with PVs, and I can identify with those feelings, but those are the PVs who leave me without a twinge.

There are also PVs who, by nature of their conversation/thought direction will force the individual to weigh, evaluate, and re-evaluate both their opinion and the method by which they express it on a multitude of subjects. The thought process is more along the lines of "Am I saying this right? Does this make sense? Am I communicating effectively?" especially as pertains to information that is complementary/pertinent.

IMO the greatest expression of competence and understanding is the ability to effectively elucidate ideas and perceptions to the point that they are perceivable and identifiable to another person, and there are PVs who will challenge an individual's ability proactively. I'm not saying they are the norm however,....

markpierre
25th December 2013, 20:19
They might make you wonder if what you believe and/or are trying to communicate is worth communicating at all.

If it isn't love and support and in a singular manner, probably not. If it is, there's nothing to question.

It's more a help to learn that, than hindrance.

Shezbeth
25th December 2013, 20:29
Its not necessarily a matter of love and support when the topics involve opinion and perception. Discussions about the perceived nature of the universe, both from an individual and cosmic standpoint, or perception of the nature of society, government, economics, etc. To wit, the same kinds of things as are discussed here on Avalon, except without the advantages.

On a forum after all, one can do all manner of re-evaluation before, during, and after expression. One cannot proof-read their speech, nor spot-check it in the aftermath (except to say "I misspoke" or "let me re-phrase", etc.) and lengthy pauses to coalesce one's thoughts are not conducive to an active conversation.

Think fast!

markpierre
26th December 2013, 00:01
Oh. I thought we were talking about psychic vampires. People who like to assert opinions will always find conflict.
The crossover idea though, if someone seems to confront your certainty about what you share, is that conflict only occurs in one place.
In your mind. Same place where psychic vampirism appears to occur. Same place where perceptions trick us.