PDA

View Full Version : Life After Death Debate: Good Perspective

Mandala
25th December 2013, 05:17
oV1XmbinwxU

Cidersomerset
25th December 2013, 10:42
I started watching this vid last night and was thinking about posting it, seems appropriate to post here....

Secret Tibetan Book of the Dead | History Channel Documentary

Ermcc6iDqQA

Published on 18 Jun 2013

Bardo Thodol: The Liberation Through Hearing During the Intermediate State,
it is often referred to in the West by the more casual title, Tibetan Book of the
Dead, a name which draws a parallel with the ancient Egyptian Book of the
Dead, another funerary text.

The Tibetan text describes, and is intended to guide one through, the experiences
that the consciousness has after death, during the interval between death and the
next rebirth. This interval is known in Tibetan as the bardo. The text also includes
chapters on the signs of death, and rituals to undertake when death is closing in,
or has taken place. It is the most internationally famous and widespread work of
Tibetan Nyingma literature.

According to Tibetan tradition, the Liberation Through Hearing During the Intermediate
State was composed in the 8th century by Padmasambhava, written down by his
primary student, Yeshe Tsogyal, buried in the Gampo hills in central Tibet and
subsequently discovered by a Tibetan terton, Karma Lingpa, in the 14th century.[7][8]
There were variants of the book among different sects.[9] The Tibetan Book of the Dead
was first published in 1927 by Oxford University Press. Dr. Walter Y. Evans-Wentz chose
this title because of the parallels he found with the Egyptian Book of the Dead.[10]

The Liberation Through Hearing During the Intermediate State is recited by Tibetan
Buddhist lamas over a dying or recently deceased person, or sometimes over an effigy
of the deceased. The name means literally "liberation through hearing in the intermediate state".

ghostrider
25th December 2013, 15:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFDJ2jRYkxk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GOPU6ELCdU As explained by ET's information ...

Robin
25th December 2013, 16:42
I'm actually very surprised to see Dinesh D'souza speak about this at around the 2:30 mark. Dinesh is notorious for debating for the side of Christianity....and what a rat he is! My eight years of atheism were filled with annoyance every time I listened to this man wriggle around logical arguments like a worm.

It's good to see that he's opening his eyes to reincarnation and straying from a pure Christian mindset. This is a good sign indeed. ;)