PDA

View Full Version : Awakening to a Sad Truth (Syria)

Tesla_WTC_Solution
25th December 2013, 21:03
This morning, my sleep was troubled and interrupted a lot. It's Christmas, and I went to bed with a lot on my mind; mostly selfish concerns. That's part of what makes this strange.

I woke up and was lying on my side. The color of the light or something made me think of a story I read in a Lucifer (Mike Carrey) graphic novel: where the Lucifer travels through time-space to achieve the Aleph, a state which he describes akin to a high place, from which you can see anything in the Universe.

I kept thinking of the word, "Aleph" -- the Israeli and Semitic word for "Ox" and also happening to be the first letter of their alphabet. Then I thought of another, similar, Anglicized word: "Aleppo".

That's right, I woke up and thought first of the word "Aleph", then "Aleppo". When I later got out of bed, I decided to Google these terms and see if there was some sort of relationship between the words.

My computer had some open tabs at this point. One was a Seattle Times page open from last night. I refreshed it and the headline story was about Aleppo. The front page story was about the Syrian government dropping containers full of explosives and shrapnel all over areas of Aleppo that housed women and children.

They got bombed for Christmas, by their own government. And that got me thinking about the recent (as in last 100 years) reformation of Syria by the French. Just like the British having a hand in the troubles of Israel and Palestine, the French have had their hands in the Middle Eastern stewpot for decades if not centuries.

It makes me really sick that the end result of French politics in that area is what we see in the paper this morning. And it makes me fear for America, considering we are also a loose Federation of states influenced by French thinking and weakened by French politics. Yet we are England's ally? I would imagine that is because of our inherent weakness.

A stone with cracks in it breaks easily.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2022527839_apxsyria.html

Originally published December 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM | Page modified December 25, 2013 at 12:34 PM

By BASSEM MROUE
Associated Press

Activists: Over 400 killed in Aleppo bombings

A Syrian human rights group says more than 400 people have been killed during a government bombardment of rebel-held areas of the northern city of Aleppo, and more than one-quarter of the victims are children.

BEIRUT —
A Syrian human rights group says more than 400 people have been killed during a government bombardment of rebel-held areas of the northern city of Aleppo, and more than one-quarter of the victims are children.

Rami Abdurrahman of the British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Wednesday they counted 401 people killed in 11 continuous days of government bombing of Syria's largest city and its province, including 117 children.

Abdurrahman said the toll is one of the highest, and with the most civilian casualties, of any government assault in Syria's three-year conflict.

The toll is so high because the government was hurling imprecisely aimed, explosive-laden barrels over residential areas, he said.

Please pray for the Syrian people. None of us deserve peace when so many countries had a hand in the making of their misery.

I've been watching this war from a distance since before it began -- because Syria was where Babel fell -- it is where it all begins a second time.

chancy
25th December 2013, 23:33
Hello Everyone:
I must be an optomistic cynic because when I see newspapers in north america telling about events in other parts of the world without any representatives on the ground there I have to wonder where they are getting the information?

When they say that 95 - 98 percent of the information we receive on a daily basis is being used as propaganda I have to wonder if this is really correct?

There's a young man in Canada that has a blog called "Brown Moses Blog". He was interviewed on the CBC current a couple of weeks ago. For the last couple of years he has been following all the video feeds out of Syria and found a very disturbing common thread. They were making the Syrian government look like the worst people on the planet and the rebels were saints that were going to heaven positively. The point is information is manufactured to win votes and wars.

Link to Brown Moses Blog:
http://brown-moses.blogspot.ca/

I feel for the innnocent people of Syria and know that we are so blessed not to be in such a bloody and evil conflict. All I ask is that we realise that we are being manipulated for whatever reason into thinking that only one side is bad when in actuality it takes 2 sides to have a war.

It appears that most of the rebels in Syria are not even from the country of Syria so how on earth can they have a vested interest in this country of Syria and the welfare of the innocent Syrian people?

At this point there are so many questions and NO ANSWERS because all we get is propoganda.

May we all have a wonderful Christmas and New Years! Please remember that manipulation is going on always and we have to be careful not to be snagged by propaganda if at all possible.

Just saying.....
chancy

Tesla_WTC_Solution
26th December 2013, 02:35
Aleppo is a city that has as many people as Seattle does or more.
I care about what is happening there not only for humanitarian reasons, but also for selfish ones.
How would we feel if this was happening in our own country?
Did anyone else notice how crappy the news got right before Christmas 2013?
I can't wave a magic wand and pretend the events aren't happening.

Doesn't mean my private Christmas is destroyed or negated to acknowledge the suffering in the world.
After all, Christ suffered for us and is far more than some Mithraic astrological figure.

Syrians deserve peace too -- figuring out who is to blame and who is being victimized is part of making it stop.

Tesla_WTC_Solution
26th December 2013, 07:48
'Peace on Earth' means Syria, Sudan, and Nigeria, Pope says on Christmas
By Ben Brumfield and Catherine E. Shoichet, CNN
December 26, 2013 -- Updated 0134 GMT (0934 HKT)

(CNN) -- Pope Francis doesn't want a commonly quoted Bible verse chanted as empty words on Christmas Day -- the one about peace on Earth.

"Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom he favors," heavenly hosts proclaimed when Christ was born, according to the Vatican translation.

The pontiff told tens of thousands of people gathered in front of the Vatican on Wednesday where he wants that peace to happen -- in Syria, South Sudan, the Central African Republic and the Holy Land.

False pretenses won't do.

"True peace is not a balance of opposing forces. It is not a lovely 'facade' which conceals conflicts and divisions. Peace calls for daily commitment," Francis said in his Christmas Urbi et Orbi message.

The Urbi et Orbi address is customarily political and global, as its name indicates. It is Latin and means "to the city (of Rome) and to the world." Popes give the address and blessing on special occasions such as Easter and Christmas.

Vatican TV estimated that about 150,000 attended the blessing in St. Peter's Square, which marked Francis' first Christmas celebration as pope.
He asked Jesus to inspire peace in warring factions around the world.

"Prince of Peace, in every place turn hearts aside from violence and inspire them to lay down arms and undertake the path of dialogue."

He also continued his criticism of money-driven evils.

"Lord of heaven and earth," he prayed, "look upon our planet, frequently exploited by human greed and rapacity."

Pray for peace

Francis asked Christians to pray for an end to the violence and suffering in Syria and for humanitarian aid to get through to its people. He prayed for people dying of hunger, thirst and violence in the Central African Republic to find an end to war and poverty.

He also addressed a new armed conflict.

"Foster social harmony in South Sudan, where current tensions have already caused numerous victims and are threatening peaceful coexistence in that young state," he prayed.
He asked God to have mercy on civilians killed in Nigeria and Iraq and prayed that Israelis and Palestinians find peace together in "the land where you chose to come into the world."

Francis remembered refugees fleeing conflicts and misery in Africa who died off the coast of Italy when their overfilled boats capsized before reaching the town of Lampedusa .
He prayed for those who lost entire families and homes to Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.

Pope adored

The massive turnout on Christmas Day mirrored the popularity Francis has enjoyed since becoming head of the Catholic Church. His reputation for being down to earth and genuinely caring about people has touched a chord with millions.

Christmas Eve was no different.

There was a record number of requests to attend this year's Christmas Eve Mass, the Vatican said.

"People are listening to him, because he's speaking in a language that's not Vaticanese," said Gerard O'Connell, a Vatican analyst. "He's speaking the language of ordinary people."

The Pope preached Tuesday evening on love, forgiveness and facing life with bravery and with God's help.

"To us the Lord repeats, 'Do not be afraid.' ... And I, too, repeat, do not be afraid,'" Francis said.

He called on the throngs gathered at St. Peter's Basilica on Tuesday to cast aside hatred.

"If we love God and our brothers and sisters, we walk in the light. But if our heart is closed, if we are dominated by pride, deceit, self-seeking, then darkness falls within us, and around us."

Reforms, surprises

Nine months into his papacy, much has been made of the Pope's reforms, among them more scrutiny at the Vatican bank, changes to the church's bureaucratic structure, and a commission to deal with the abuse of minors.

And while this year's Christmas liturgy remains the same, experts say we should expect the unexpected.

"He tends to be a surprise, because he does things that are normal, but are very abnormal in terms of the papacy," O'Connell said. "He brought three homeless men into where he is living to have breakfast with him on his birthday. ... I suspect we will see something else again over the Christmas period."

The festivities began on Saturday, with the Pope's Christmas message to the Curia. He urged the church's governing body to avoid gossip and to focus on service.
And then he practiced what he preached, spending three hours at a local hospital bringing Christmas cheer to sick children.

Milneman
26th December 2013, 10:09
AMEN! And THANK YOU Tes.

There are going to be generations of Syrian children that only know what it's like to play soccer, learn, in refugee camps.

And lots of us here are pharumphing about the commercial blahs we've had to contend with over the holidays.

Know what I think about that?

There, but for the grace of God....

Davidallany
26th December 2013, 20:42
How would we feel if this was happening in our own country?
Late better than never. I congratulate you for your sympathy and foresight. If there were more people like you, I believe, things can change to the better.

Davidallany
26th December 2013, 20:47
AMEN! And THANK YOU Tes.

There are going to be generations of Syrian children that only know what it's like to play soccer, learn, in refugee camps.

And lots of us here are pharumphing about the commercial blahs we've had to contend with over the holidays.

Know what I think about that?

There, but for the grace of God....
Unless Canada does something and bring them to live in Canada. Hopefully there won't be much racism there, hopefully. The majority of Syrians are Canaanites, who are known to be good at commerce.

26th December 2013, 21:40
Here is some information about the origin of the Wahhabis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?8SySclUxUC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?jHDnRJnTfKE

Wahhabis in Syria:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?iYu_UNG5zyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?K25XBJolG5w

outerheaven
27th December 2013, 00:19
There's a young man in Canada that has a blog called "Brown Moses Blog". He was interviewed on the CBC current a couple of weeks ago. For the last couple of years he has been following all the video feeds out of Syria and found a very disturbing common thread. They were making the Syrian government look like the worst people on the planet and the rebels were saints that were going to heaven positively. The point is information is manufactured to win votes and wars.

Link to Brown Moses Blog:
http://brown-moses.blogspot.ca/

Hmm. Not that I disagree with anything else you've said in your post -- but this Brown Moses is someone I'm familiar with and I want to draw a little contrast to this portrayal.

You've made it sound like Brown Moses is someone with a discerning eye regarding the Syrian conflict, and especially skeptical of the rebels. Perhaps that is even how CBC chose to portray his work in their interview, so I'm not blaming you for having that slant.

I was at another forum for years, which also happens to be a place Brown Moses still frequents and frequented long before he became involved in this work. I've seen firsthand his rise from obscurity to an internet figure whose work is quoted throughout the mainstream media.

And here's where we have to be careful with internet investigative work. Brown Moses frequently told us that his site was visited by all the major players' intelligence agencies. His "reports" are based on first-hand accounts, photographs and video etc, sent to him -- by whomever -- and he posts them on the internet without needing much verification as to who the person claims to be. How do you prove someone is a Syrian rebel, for example?

During the alleged Syrian government chemical attack, BM was harshly critical and dismissive of any theory that the chemical attacks were perpetrated by anyone but Assad's forces.

Here, on August 28th, Brown Moses proclaims having found the "smoking gun" that Assad's forces were responsible for the chemical attack, based on incredibly flimsy evidence: http://brown-moses.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-smoking-gun-video-shows-assads.html

(Might I point out that this horrific quality video is filmed during the day, when the chemical attack happened during the night? "Smoking gun," really?)

And the worst part is, during all of this, many mainstream media outlets were referencing Brown Moses' blog as evidence for why the USA needed to strike Syria -- and as the war drums beat, and a US strike seemed inevitable, Brown Moses said something along the lines of "holy **** guys I'm about to start a war," sounding a little too pleased with himself for my liking.

Again, I'm not trying to grind an axe with you, chancy. If anything, what I'm pointing out here ties in to the rest of your message -- so much of what we read is propagandized and we don't even know it. But beware of this Brown Moses character if you're relying on him for information. He's either unwittingly being used by the intelligence agencies he's so proud to have visiting his blog (most likely, IMO), or he's doing it intentionally.