PDA

View Full Version : Internal Alchemy

teknix
29th December 2013, 05:28
Hello everyone!

My name is Justin and I am an Internal Alchemy Practitioner. I have studied various paths and have found that the descriptions of MCO to be most accurate for me. One thing that sort of gets me is the claim about immortality. I don't know if I really believe that, even though the process does describe many of my experiences and correlates many locations to those experiences. I am curious about others thoughts about this.

I also like the Buddhist teachings of Anatta and think I have made some progress by tracing what is this "I", but the only thing that I have been able to determine is that this "I" is an ever changing and evolving thing. Sort of like water. So I wonder what you guys think about mixing various practices as well.

Metta seems to be the same as the Heart Chakra, yet maybe more intense if there is a difference at all.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

-Justin

Frederick Jackson
29th December 2013, 07:08
Teknix: I mix Sufi and Zen Buddhist practices. Sufi practice of dhikr or sacred recitation involves sound very strongly. For me there is movement through the chakras from base to crown during recitation of the la-illaha-il-allah -- or there is no God but God or no Reality but God. The Zen meditation is of course silent, but it brings me also to a better state of being, more relaxed and at one with the All. It is amazing how such different religions can have certain fundamental things in common. I was surprised find in the Zen practice that we offer three prostrations just as we do in Muslim salat. I have no problem with deity/no deity. The two practices complement each other. I do not like fixed belief; therefore I am not a Muslim or anything else. I cherish my spiritual freedom too much. I will drink the water wherever it tastes good.

PS One might reflect on the nature of the sound of OM or AUM in Hindu and Buddhist practice and of ALLAH in Sufi practice. For me the sound of om (with a long o) is in the solar plexus; if you sound aum then the epicenter of the resonance (for me) is below the solar plexus, more like in the navel (omphalos in Greek). But the ah sound in Allah resonates in the base chakra, the pelvis, and for me it is therefore very powerful.

Frederick Jackson
29th December 2013, 07:32
I said in my post in response to Teknix' post,

"I have no problem with deity/no deity."

This is a story I read. Several rabbis were in a heated debate over the nature of God. They debated also how to show that God actually exists, but they were getting nowhere, just going round and round in circles. After a long while one rabbi became very agitated and he stood up and shouted to the others:

GOD IS SO GREAT HE DOES NOT HAVE TO EXIST!

This is exactly how I feel. :rockon:

teknix
29th December 2013, 08:36
Hi Frederick! Nice to meet you.

I think we have similar outlooks on spirituality, I appreciate your post. Have you noticed an inner-fire at the solar-plexus?

Lol, I like your joke, very funny :) I think it is good that you choose no labels, that is very zen!

mahalall
29th December 2013, 15:00
Hi Justin
welcome,

One thing that sort of gets me is the claim about immortality

Bon practitioners have been known to have some interesting (appalling) methods which seem similar to the necrophilist's.

on a lighter note the methods of instilling conscious data into innate objects to maintain the immortality of a teaching- synchronise with the object to download the life of the knowledge-