PDA

View Full Version : Constitutional Law violated, in Ohio

Bob
31st December 2013, 17:30
A man was arrested in Ohio for having a hidden compartment in a vehicle and could face up to 18 months in prison, even though there was nothing in the compartment.

Just days before Thanksgiving, 30- year old Norman Gurley was pulled over for speeding, but Ohio State Troopers noticed wires running to the back of the car he was driving.

“During the search, they noticed some components inside the vehicle that did not appear to be factory,” Lt. Michael Combs told WKYC-TV.

"We actually figured it out and followed the wiring and we were able to get it open," said Combs.

one can google this - keywords: arrested in ohio for hidden compartment

So we can just forget protection against "unauthorized search and seizure", as it's been made legal (by the State) to toss out the Constitution, the Amendments..

(It is legally understood that if one doesn't complain in a short period of time for any "law" enacted, the "law" can't be contested, as it has been "adopted by measure" by the masses... insidious practices, no complaints, masses says SURE DO IT.. in other words - silence is not golden..

ref: link to NOLO.com - http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/search-seizure-criminal-law-30183.html search and seizure practices, and interpretation..

moral of the story, ________________________ ?

GreenGuy
31st December 2013, 18:15
I can think of lots of legitimate reasons for a hidden compartment...but of course if they found it, it was not hidden well enough. Be that as it may, our entire country has been taken over by criminal gangs. If Americans are not willing to stand up for their own Constitution, our founders fought and died in vain.

Lifebringer
31st December 2013, 18:33
Don't understand. Were the components for a car bomb with the wires or just a place that could hold a bomb. If that's the case, then every woman that's ever been pregnant can be chargeds as if you put a box under your shirt with nothing in in or a half basketball then they could charge you with a "possible terrorist hidden compartment?" Huh? What the...is this for real, that even if you customize your own car for nothing other than "extra clothing or speaker with wires, you can be charged? Huh?

Just not understanding how this got to be so far gone. Perhaps it's a rural thingy?

Sidney
31st December 2013, 18:50
This reminds me of the guy who was forced to undergo a colonoscopy, because they suspected he was smuggling drugs in his "body", and this was after several "cavity" searches. They found NOTHING after all that. This is a very sad time in our existence. Nobody wants to say anything. I have talked to people about these things, mainly my sleeping family, and nobody wants to go to jail, or have their home taken etc. I am leaning toward the reality, that in may very well be too late to do anything anyway. It SEEMS, we have passed the tipping point, and the tip is face down.:rant:

Bob
31st December 2013, 19:17
lets ponder this..

The guy knew he was going to get some great subwoofer speakers over Christmas, so he put in a BOX (the hidden compartment) and ran the wires up front (which the cops "saw").

But he didn't install the speakers yet so the "hidden compartment" with the wires running to it was "empty".

That is how ASININE such a law is.

What about some one's luggage, in the boot, closed and hidden.. Does that mean authorization now available to open it ? Violate privacy?

There are what is called Concealed transport of a FireArm in the States. If one legally owns a weapon, there are some States which say ONE MUST conceal the firearm in a compartment (out of the driver's reach), to legally transport. Sound like proper common sense to prevent such a weapon from being stolen, by anyone, and out of the reach of the driver.. But such would be illegal in Ohio with that new law, that violates USA constitutional rights..

Conchis
1st January 2014, 12:00
The problem with the "arrest" is that they then have to prove that the driver intended to use the compartment for the transportation of drugs. It seems that they might have a problem proving that fact. They have to exclude every other alternative to a reasonable doubt. Could it be used to hide a second key to the car if you were to misplace the original? Could it be used to put a small amount of cash in case of emergency? Could it be used to Hold a second house key? I agree that laws like this are so bogus on their face. It makes everyone guilty until proven innocent and changes the burden of proof from the government to the individual, these are concepts that the framers would have lost their minds over.