PDA

View Full Version : Michael Pollan

Victoria Tintagel
8th October 2010, 12:19
Hey Avalonians, hope you have a great day, here's an article on honest food, by Michael Pollan. Just pick some bites that suit your taste..... everyone of us is unique, also in the digestive department.....:)

My first advise always is: start eating a variety and lots of green vegetables, 300 gram a day. The chorophyl in green leaves is in essence sunlight, fire element....sustenance of warmth in the body and digestive processes.
It's much neglected and really energising, building blocks of red blood cells.

The hype in green juices made of wheat and barley is an example of this discovery. Choosing a variety of fresh foods and ways to prepare it, is the best base of a healthy lifestyle.

Growing organic food by yourself is most ideal, the simplest form is using a sprouting dish and sow seeds.....see them grow.... and eat them, very nutritious!
Enjoy your meals, Tint.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/5533474/Michael-Pollan

January 28, 2007 Unhappy Meals
By MICHAEL POLLAN Eat food.
Not too much.
Mostly plants.
That, more or less, is the short answer to the supposedly incredibly complicated and confusing question of what we humans should eat in order to be maximally healthy. I hate to give away the game right here at the beginning of a long essay, and I confess that I’m tempted to complicate matters in the interest of keeping
things going for a few thousand more words. I’ll try to resist but will go ahead and add a couple more details to flesh out the advice. Like: A little meat won’t kill you, though it’s better approached as a side dish than as a main. And you’re much better off eating whole fresh foods than processed food products. That’s what I mean by the recommendation to eat “food.”
See link above to read further.....

Celine
8th October 2010, 12:29
Using meat as flavoring is a good idea too..

Like bacon (or panchetta) in carbonara pasta..

Lard in baked beans...

save the meat for what you really enjoy...

For me it is a good piece of bbq'ed steak.. its the one reason I could never go vegetarian ...So I eat that about 4 times a year..

Nice link Thank you Tint