PDA

View Full Version : The New age Spirituality

Sudhanshu
6th January 2014, 16:14
Hola! you wonderful and magnanimous avalonians!
getting right down to the brass tacks,i envision this thread to serve as the congregation point of all the integral messages/points of this new age spirituality which is revealing itself all over the globe,through various innumerable means and therefore,i call upon all those who consider themselves knowledgeable in this regard to make their knowledge known.I,personally,feel,at this moment,incapable of adding any material to this thread as i am still in the process of "Acquiring" knowledge through reading/hearing and as of yet,i do not hold any firm beliefs at all,my mind is a constant flux of belief patterns that vanish and reappear constantly and there are no thoughts i could,at this moment,grab hold of and claim to be "mine".Perhaps i create this thread with an underlying motive of gaining clarity and sifting through the hordes of material already available,through the knowledgeable people here.
Let's start from a random question: If the "awareness" and the "consciousness" is the only "real" extant thing or phenomenon,just how is it that it can express itself and view itself through so many vantage points?through so many life forms?just how is it that each awareness is the "one" but also appear to be distinctly separate?to feel distinctly separate?Are we simply incapable of grasping the deeper knowledge through our current powers of intellect and reasoning? If in the future,somehow science decodes consciousness to really be a product of the mind's functioning,what would that mean for the current deliberations?
Let the sharing begin!

markpierre
6th January 2014, 18:24
'Science' is a product of the mind. Mind is a tool of consciousness. What does your finger need to learn about your intention
to pick up a fork, that's so vital to digesting food? That's so vital to inform the other fingers? Nothing. It's interesting. You can publish a paper.
Not knowing anything is about as real and fluent and free as you can get.
Pay attention to how you feel, and how what you 'know' via what you perceive causes you conflict. Then adjust your beliefs accordingly.

'Reality' is your current state of mind, relative to resistance or acceptance of what you perceive. Unfortunately perception defines the parameters,
but you can work on that. Science won't learn anything beyond what tools mind can conceive. In building the tool, it's predetermined the answer.
It's limited.
Watch kids at play before they've accumulated the tools that take the joy out of what they perceive.

CD7
6th January 2014, 18:55
If the "awareness" and the "consciousness" is the only "real" extant thing or phenomenon,just how is it that it can express itself and view itself through so many vantage points?through so many life forms?just how is it that each awareness is the "one" but also appear to be distinctly separate?to feel distinctly separate?Are we simply incapable of grasping the deeper knowledge through our current powers of intellect and reasoning? If in the future,somehow science decodes consciousness to really be a product of the mind's functioning,what would that mean for the current deliberations?
Let the sharing begin!

Ill nibble....How? you got me? Im not as familiar with the how as much as What Is...

Being One and All is similar to a gemstone with many sides....the angles have their vantage point and can express from their perspective vantage points...

One angle's expression will not "appear" to agree with another side/angle.. However All taken in their Totality they create the MANY faceted sides that make up the whole GEMSTONE

This connection, to me, is not made through the mind/intellect, but much more from the Heart. The heart is the connection to all facets underneath its surface in feeling this side to All

My 3 sense :)

greybeard
6th January 2014, 19:01
If you view Eben Alexander's near death experience--you would find that a neuro surgeon who believed that science would ultimately discover how the brain produces consciousness found that he was in error.
Consciousness exists without any brain function---or a body for that matter.
Loads of u tube videos of him being interviewed.
Anita Moorjani NDE also well worth finding.
The enlightened function extremely well without an ego in a thoughtless awareness state.
To all appearances they are very normal.

Chris

Milneman
6th January 2014, 21:00
A cannot be both B and Non-B at the same time in the same sense.

If a belief contradicts this? Danger, Will Robinson.

Davidallany
7th January 2014, 00:01
Hola! you wonderful and magnanimous avalonians!
getting right down to the brass tacks,i envision this thread to serve as the congregation point of all the integral messages/points of this new age spirituality which is revealing itself all over the globe,through various innumerable means and therefore,i call upon all those who consider themselves knowledgeable in this regard to make their knowledge known.I,personally,feel,at this moment,incapable of adding any material to this thread as i am still in the process of "Acquiring" knowledge through reading/hearing and as of yet,i do not hold any firm beliefs at all,my mind is a constant flux of belief patterns that vanish and reappear constantly and there are no thoughts i could,at this moment,grab hold of and claim to be "mine".Perhaps i create this thread with an underlying motive of gaining clarity and sifting through the hordes of material already available,through the knowledgeable people here.
Let's start from a random question: If the "awareness" and the "consciousness" is the only "real" extant thing or phenomenon,just how is it that it can express itself and view itself through so many vantage points?through so many life forms?just how is it that each awareness is the "one" but also appear to be distinctly separate?to feel distinctly separate?Are we simply incapable of grasping the deeper knowledge through our current powers of intellect and reasoning? If in the future,somehow science decodes consciousness to really be a product of the mind's functioning,what would that mean for the current deliberations?
Let the sharing begin!
I think that most of us are quite capable, but it all depends on doing the right techniques, patience and being completely honest with one's feelings.

Sudhanshu
7th January 2014, 11:06
An expression of heartfelt gratitude to everyone who's contributed thus far,thank you.What's most intriguing to me and is of paramount importance,is unraveling of how we all share the same "perceptions" of this world,perhaps it would be better to say tuning in to the same reality?since we are the expressions of the same consciousness and awareness,and have chosen to participate in this reality together,the question that begs to be answered is why?and why have we chosen to forget our integral nature,chosen to forget our wholeness to achieve this subjective experience?or if we haven't,it seems inconceivable to me that simply because of immersion in this world,we lost track of what is?If we all had set out in this world to achieve certain goals,why?we were whole,weren't we?in perception of all that is and simply "were" the single awareness,in eternal bliss,then what prompted this?

TraineeHuman
7th January 2014, 12:33
The answer to every question is already implicitly contained in the question itself. So, for instance, Sudhanshu, let's rephrase one of your main questions as: "Why are we at present so limited and lost in a world of polarities when we don't need to be, because the true, deeper us is the All?" With a few changes in words, we get part of the answer, namely: "We're so limited at present precisely because we, who are really the All, don't need to be [and so limitation can't trap us forever]." Or to approximately quote Alan Watts, the most way-out, the most novel and surprising and thrilling and unexpected game we could possibly play, as the All, is to totally forget who/what we are, and to have to find our way home again.

May I also quote from the Swetaswatara Upanishad: "The soul caught in the physical realm deludes itself greatly and gets lost in sorrow because it can [apparently] see it is not Source. But when it can see that it is in union with that other Self which is Source, then all sorrow leaves it."
We're all on a journey, and at the end of that journey we'll be in union with the All again. The true "knowledge of good and evil", to borrow a phrase from the book of Genesis, is the knowledge that evil is ultimately an illusion. In this mega-mega- version of Dungeons and Dragons that we're all playing, the challenge is, can anything shock you, defeat you, bring you down with a bad aftertaste, or grossly disappoint you, and so on? Until a person truly, truly knows that evil is illusory -- and recovers the Universal in the individual, and brings heaven down to the physical earth, -- until that bulletproof time, life continues to be a bitch (or the non-sexist equivalent of a bitch). The purpose of all that suffering, though, is that one day each of us will know. That's when we'll at last get to eat of the fruit of the tree of Life, and all that suffering will finally be worth it.

It so happens I made a post a few days ago that talks a little about taking a viewpoint beyond polarities here: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?52121-OOBEs-What-are-they-how-to-make-them-happen-and-where-does-the-Higher-Self-fit-in&p=780185&viewfull=1#post780185

CD7
7th January 2014, 14:18
An expression of heartfelt gratitude to everyone who's contributed thus far,thank you.What's most intriguing to me and is of paramount importance,is unraveling of how we all share the same "perceptions" of this world,perhaps it would be better to say tuning in to the same reality?since we are the expressions of the same consciousness and awareness,and have chosen to participate in this reality together,the question that begs to be answered is why?and why have we chosen to forget our integral nature,chosen to forget our wholeness to achieve this subjective experience?or if we haven't,it seems inconceivable to me that simply because of immersion in this world,we lost track of what is?If we all had set out in this world to achieve certain goals,why?we were whole,weren't we?in perception of all that is and simply "were" the single awareness,in eternal bliss,then what prompted this?

Million dollar question my friend....but when I remember I promise to slap myself upside the head for prompting it :P

Sudhanshu
7th January 2014, 14:32
The answer to every question is already implicitly contained in the question itself. So, for instance, Sudhanshu, let's rephrase one of your main questions as: "Why are we at present so limited and lost in a world of polarities when we don't need to be, because the true, deeper us is the All?" With a few changes in words, we get part of the answer, namely: "We're so limited at present precisely because we, who are really the All, don't need to be [and so limitation can't trap us forever]." Or to approximately quote Alan Watts, the most way-out, the most novel and surprising and thrilling and unexpected game we could possibly play, as the All, is to totally forget who/what we are, and to have to find our way home again.

May I also quote from the Swetaswatara Upanishad: "The soul caught in the physical realm deludes itself greatly and gets lost in sorrow because it can [apparently] see it is not Source. But when it can see that it is in union with that other Self which is Source, then all sorrow leaves it."
We're all on a journey, and at the end of that journey we'll be in union with the All again. The true "knowledge of good and evil", to borrow a phrase from the book of Genesis, is the knowledge that evil is ultimately an illusion. In this mega-mega- version of Dungeons and Dragons that we're all playing, the challenge is, can anything shock you, defeat you, bring you down with a bad aftertaste, or grossly disappoint you, and so on? Until a person truly, truly knows that evil is illusory -- and recovers the Universal in the individual, and brings heaven down to the physical earth, -- until that bulletproof time, life continues to be a bitch (or the non-sexist equivalent of a bitch). The purpose of all that suffering, though, is that one day each of us will know. That's when we'll at last get to eat of the fruit of the tree of Life, and all that suffering will finally be worth it.

It so happens I made a post a few days ago that talks a little about taking a viewpoint beyond polarities here: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?52121-OOBEs-What-are-they-how-to-make-them-happen-and-where-does-the-Higher-Self-fit-in&p=780185&viewfull=1#post780185

That is amazingly helpful and quenches a lot of my thirst!(if i could meet the "self" which decided to play this game,i would smack it senseless,although i do think this life is going to turn out rather pleasant)

Sudhanshu
7th January 2014, 14:38
Million dollar question my friend....but when I remember I promise to slap myself upside the head for prompting it

seconded(as in,i would slap "myself",would that even be possible?if we all meld into one,then i will possibly end up slapping 7 billion people :wizard:)

Milneman
8th January 2014, 21:21

There are two words that will best answer your questions.

Original Sin

If the words make you uneasy, two suggestions: ask yourself why, or change the words to allegory. It's the best I can come up with. I would say, however, consider the concept outside of a religious context as most people automatically do an ad hominem when they hear them.

Your mileage may vary.

:)