PDA

View Full Version : Any Positive News for Our Planet

confused
10th January 2014, 05:22
Lately, I've been so distraught over the trashing we have done and continue to do to our planet. It is incredible what we have done. Monstrous.

I am usually able to see a bright side, a light at the end, but it is fading right now. I am hoping others here may have some good news to share. Some positive transformations, changes they have seen or news they ran into. It would really mean a lot. We hear so much bad stuff, but maybe there is some hope?

I recently read two articles about dolphins - one in which dolphins were observed playing with a puffer fish and passing it around apparently in an effort to get intoxicated using its potent neurotoxin, the other about a study that is beginning to indicate that dolphins may actually refer to each other by name. These kinds of stories, especially the name one, bring me so down when I think about what we are doing to the habitat of these creatures and all others on this planet. I felt the blood drain from my face after reading this, once again realizing how smart animals can really be and how devastating it must be for them to be living in today's world.

ghostrider
10th January 2014, 06:45
I will give you some good news , I've read the henoch prophecies far in the future ... I see earth humans going out into cosmic space , building cities on other worlds , working in space ... building great cities under the ocean , extending his lifespan to over 300 years ... Reaching a level of spiritual development that we become real human beings and knowledge increases , where we begin to live in harmony with nature and join the extended community and one day we could even travel into other universes ...it is said in the year 2800 the seeds of spiritual teaching begin to take hold ... We have a way to go but , there is a bright future , and we will become ET to other less evolved worlds , they may even tell their population we don't exsist or we are swamp gas ... lol think about it , the very thing our leaders say about ETs could one day be the way we are viewed by other worlds ... one day we become , the sons of heaven ...

WEAREONE
10th January 2014, 08:15
Every day I wake up hoping to better my life. I am not alone in that hope, Billions daily wake up each day hoping today will be better. IMO, something is holding us back. However, if you look where we have been; Kingdoms/Serdom, divine rule, slavery, civil rights, womens rights, etc. etc, the progression is moving towards a world very different from today. In regards to natural habitat/ecosystem. Unfortunately, the whomever is holding us back has done an especially good job at seperating us from nature. I still believe in the end. Nature and love wins. There is hope in the world. The natural order of everything is 1.

enfoldedblue
10th January 2014, 10:51
Yes there is a lot of inequality, suffering, and horrible things occurring on the planet. But I like to think that big raging changes start with little sparks and I see more and more little pockets lighting up. The way I see it I can choose to put my focus on the big 'out of my control' things and feel powerless and disillusioned (good to be aware but not focus on), or I can put my focus on in the places where I can make a difference. I have been focusing on spreading love to myself, to my family, to my friends to my environment and it seems the more I do the more I see beautiful things beginning to unfold. A real community has begun blossoming around me. It began with sharing with neighbours and friends and has slowly become a real network based on love, support, health, integrity and respect for nature.

Yesterday I cried when I saw the website the daughter of a friend started. It gave me real hope. Here's a bit from the site:

Whether you're an established business, or a backyard gardener, someone in the Orara Valley community needs your produce, and you need theirs. It's fantastic to see so many organic farms and vegetable patches springing up all through the valley, families reducing their reliance on mass production. Although it's nigh on impossible to be fully self sufficient, we can get pretty close by trading between ourselves as much as possible. From fruit and veg, honey, milk, nuts, fertilisers, mulch, and live plants to services like sewing, preserving, pickling, making jams, chutneys, bread, soap and hair and skin products, everyone has something to offer, and something they need. Trading is tax free, creates a strong community, and you can swap something you have too much of (which is NEVER the case with money), for something you need. There's no down side.
So register, create your profile, then check out the forum to talk to other members of our community. Its all free and community based. :)
Happy Gardening.

I think humans are really unique and beautiful and when we operate from love instead of the fear that has been bred into us, we are capable of incredible things. It may only be a small percentage right now who are making the effort to step out of the fear and re-member how to operate from the heart...but I see without a doubt that the awareness is growing.

WHOMADEGOD
10th January 2014, 13:42
This most personal message I was given last year to me telepathically after having many visions:

"You are beautiful Human beings, you were not meant to be caged like animals".

There are forces only too aware of our plight, over time even the most well constructed cage will burst open, for we are many, and numerable are our allies.

Keep the faith and hold the light!

ghostrider
10th January 2014, 13:49
Focus on the good , the bad will take care of itself ... it's the key to our moving forward , being positive when everything around says be negative ... a smile , manners, and peace and love will conquer all things in the end ... better days are ahead of us but , the only way to the mountaintop is through the valley ...

conk
10th January 2014, 17:28
Puppies still lick my face. Girls still want to hold my hand. Long walks in the forest are the best. Ice cream is still awesome. Friends make me laugh. The beauty in art and music often makes me weep in joyous ecstasy. My elderly mother makes great corn bread and mustard greens. My children have burned indelible images in my mind with their youthful exuberance and innocence. My humility before God and my total supplecation and surrender to "him" eases my mind completely. The thrill of knowing my intentions can change the world is most positive. That the secrets of ancient knowledge is being proven by science and physics is encouraging. That I can chose my thoughts. "Excuse me while I kiss the sky".

Robin
10th January 2014, 17:41
Occassionally there are some hints of positive things that pop up...you just need to know where to find them! :)

Dennis posted a great piece of optimism on the thread Beehive Collective project: Mesoamerica Resiste Poster (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?66149-Beehive-Collective-project-Mesoamerica-Resiste-Poster)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqUsKLKCBSM

rgray222
10th January 2014, 20:45
Ok, it might not be earth shattering news but it is a start:

Cheerios Goes GMO Free

General Mills has decided to remove all GMOs from the original Cheerios recipe, prompting a debate over whether the US reached a turning point in the fight over genetically engineered ingredients.

Original Cheerios Goes GMO Free (http://rt.com/usa/cheerios-gmo-free-monsanto-383/)

Bob
10th January 2014, 21:07
Ok, it might not be earth shattering news but it is a start:

Cheerios Goes GMO Free

General Mills has decided to remove all GMOs from the original Cheerios recipe, prompting a debate over whether the US reached a turning point in the fight over genetically engineered ingredients.

Original Cheerios Goes GMO Free (http://rt.com/usa/cheerios-gmo-free-monsanto-383/)

Gotta convince em tho, to go GMO free in every other version too.. (which are still GMO..sigh)

Milneman
10th January 2014, 22:27
It's cold out. Blargh

Yes, but the sky is clear and the stars at this time of year are clearer and crisper than in the summer. *point*

It's grey out.

Yes, but the frost on everything is making it look beautiful.

My bougainvillea I thought would be dead has about 80 bright pink flowers on it.

My two aquariums are full of plants and snails and shrimp and are thriving.

A teacher I had told me to fill your personal space with the things that make you inspired, make your bedroom a sacred retreat that reminds you of the good. I'm not saying ignore the bad. I'm saying you can face the bad if you feel better about yourself as a person because you can be more constructive when you feel good. :)

And eat your Cheerios.

Just not the GMO ones.

Kristin
10th January 2014, 22:33
This video really touched me deeply. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL9I4BxuryY

From the Heart,
Kristin

ghostrider
11th January 2014, 04:58
it is said that the ice age was earth sleeping , so maybe all this cold weather is our Gia needing a nap ...

confused
11th January 2014, 05:17
Thank you all. I very much appreciate it. I am able to find joy in my personal life experiences. There is much to be happy for and appreciate. I feel that my own life is full of obvious blessings.

However, it is our planet, the ecosystem at large, that really worries me. What we are doing to the wild animal world to me feels similar in essence to harming young children who are defenseless and helpless. Any parent out there can understand the feeling I am talking about. That is what I am feeling for those creatures.