PDA

View Full Version : changing physical appearance

pumashared
11th January 2014, 03:55
i was discussing today with my coworker about people who can change their physical appearance. of course the common conception is that this is not possible but i have heard that some people can change their height/ face/ weight and other stuff almost by will.

anyways my questions for the avalonaians is that what their thoughts are. do you believe this is possible and if, how?

Abhaya
11th January 2014, 04:28
I think this is possible still today although only in the rare gifted individual. Vedic histories tell of far wilder yogic powers... More common in the past, less common for some time recently, but maybe that's changing.

ghostrider
11th January 2014, 04:46
the mere gravity of earth and our thinking effects the way we look ... I wear the same visor everyday pretty much , some days it's too small , others it's too big ... same with my shoes , I think it's earth's gravity ... also they say as a man thinketh in his heart , so is he ... if you think you are taller , stronger, smarter , etc ...

anonymous
11th January 2014, 05:09
my privacy standards have changed - 5/10/16 - apologies for the many edits of public comments

OMG
11th January 2014, 09:17
The physical immortals known as Siddha can change appearance and much more
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddha

They do it through supernatural acts or Siddhi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi

happyuk
11th January 2014, 11:17
I'm reminded here of a quote by George Orwell who said "at 50 everyone has the face he deserves"

Conchis
11th January 2014, 11:36
I think that there is an "ability" to change the way a person looks. I think that I must have it to a certain extent. People who don't see me for a few years.... 4 or 5... are rarely able to recognize me even though we were close friends. I've actually had the following conversation with one of my very best friends that I hadn't seen for 5 years or so. Me: "Hi Dave!" Dave, who extends his hand reluctantly, "Hello, do I know you?" This is not an isolated incident by any imagination. I unfortunately went to a funeral recently and no one there recognized me even though we were once (I admit it had been a few years, but still, I recognized every single one of them)....close friends. I don't think that I can change my appearance so much as I change my internal image of myself and I end up carrying myself differently, project a different internal image, outward, etc.

spiritguide
11th January 2014, 12:00
Where there is a will, there is a way. You project who and what you are. Changing the projection is as simple as changing the film in the projector (you). Hence even invisibility is possible.

Peace!

Sunny-side-up
11th January 2014, 12:45
It is possible. It feels like just stepping slightly out of reality in a held state other than the easy normal state.
I have even become invisible many times now, people in the street walk head on into me, then with a sudden jolt they say 'Oh so sorry, just didn't see you there
It seems all soundings as line up with you as well, IE walking across a busy road without changing your speed or direction, all traffic is just in the right positions to miss you!
This has all happened to me on days when I was just feeling so great and empowered, so not very often I'm sorry to say Doh

kenaz
11th January 2014, 14:36
Don't forget the change needs the observer. There may be a continuum depending on who is looking.

Johnny
11th January 2014, 15:32
anyways my questions for the avalonaians is that what their thoughts are. do you believe this is possible and if, how?

When you look at yourself in the mirror, what do you expect to see ??

You use fantastic amounts of energy to meet your expectations. Try to play with it, then you (maybe :) ) will found out.

And equivalent when you meet family members, friends ect. you also make a lot of energy to make yourself recognizable. Not only you do it, we all do it, unless we do something else :)

You can see a 'funny' result of it here:http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?30405-Here-and-Now...What-s-Happening&p=782184&viewfull=1#post782184

Johnny

Orph
11th January 2014, 15:48
Maybe not the same thing, but there have been three instances in my life when my physical appearance was changed from my normal appearance. And in all three instances either a family member or friend noticed the change and commented about it. But it wasn't something I had any conscious control of. In each case it was a one day deal. I would wake up in the morning and I would be different than the normal me for the rest of that day. The next day I would be back to normal. I could never figure out what transpired. I just thought that maybe I had somehow switched places with another me that lives in a parallel universe. :crazy:

As a side note, in the series of books written by Carlos Castenada, the sorcerer Don Juan supposedly had that ability to change his appearance. (Journey To Ixtlan).

Johnny
11th January 2014, 16:32
I have seen one do it, in front of me :) And I'm not sure he was aware of it himself !

As a side note, in the series of books written by Carlos Castenada, the sorcerer Don Juan supposedly had that ability to change his appearance. (Journey To Ixtlan).

Not only Don Juan, but many of the other sorcerers did it. (as I remember)

Johnny

MargueriteBee
11th January 2014, 17:10
I can't change how I look so much as how people perceive me. No magic. Sometimes I act like a little old lady, sometimes I am a strong tall warrior. It does all depend on how I carry myself.

Johnny
11th January 2014, 17:13
I can't change how I look so much as how people perceive me. No magic. Sometimes I act like a little old lady, sometimes I am a strong tall warrior. It does all depend on how I carry myself.

YES, and as you said it yourself, NO MAGIC !!! :)

Johnny