PDA

View Full Version : Identity documents and fingerprints

Ernest
29th January 2014, 22:29
I was going to renew my ID card and was looking up costs and such before I did it. As it turns out the police now needs your fingerprints before you can get a new card, at least where I live.

I decided to not renew my card for the time being.

Does anyone else feel that requiring fingerprints for identity documents is asking too much, or am I just being silly?

Sidney
30th January 2014, 00:46
I was going to renew my ID card and was looking up costs and such before I did it. As it turns out the police now needs your fingerprints before you can get a new card, at least where I live.

I decided to not renew my card for the time being.

Does anyone else feel that requiring fingerprints for identity documents is asking too much, or am I just being silly?

I fully agree, it crosses yet another boundry of our rights. next time it will surely be a blood sample. But this does not surprise me in the least.

Hip Hipnotist
30th January 2014, 01:59
You are certainly not being silly.

However, 'they' have everything ( and more ) 'they' choose to know about you, me and everyone else.

They can take my finger print(s) and tookus prints for all I care. 'They' pretty much do that anyway before you step on that airplane.

I would balk at a blood sample, though. Until 'they' tie me down and take it by brute force.

I'd give that another year or so. ;-(

Snookie
30th January 2014, 04:27
I was under the impression that they now take blood samples when you're born, if you are born in a hospital.

Hip Hipnotist
30th January 2014, 04:42
I was under the impression that they now take blood samples when you're born, if you are born in a hospital.

It's way beyond that.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/04/baby.dna.government/

Tesla_WTC_Solution
30th January 2014, 08:25
Might want to use ATM touchpads on screen with the back of your knuckle.
I think it still registers as a touch without recording your fingerprint digitally, if that should ever become common practice.

@_@ in other words, hedz up

Bet you guys with clean sheets are glad ^_^

lol

p.s. your Smart Phone. It's smart enough... to register.. a fingerprint.

Double double triple bonus @_@* <--sweat

*clap clap*

Have you guys seen that Transcendence trailer (Depp) that another member posted today??

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDE0WDU1Ng==/z/ADUAAOxyVLNS527J/$_12.JPG

hangel
30th January 2014, 18:12
i was asked for fingerprints when i needed to go to USA. There were a special people xray machines to be implemented recently in the UK and it didnt work out. People felt that it would be too much, some of these xray machines are still in testing but only in couple airports.
I have a feeling that all this DNA, blood, fingerprint testing is to do with them wanting to monitor movement of hybrids/human looking robots etc.

Also if your DNA is tested every so often then they know what state the changes are. Then they know what crap to put into our food to stop it or control direction of the changes. Also biometric monitoring is about constructing humanity 2.0 and human progress toward it..

sdv
30th January 2014, 19:57
Fingerprinting all citizens is common practice in my country and it is not a big deal.

It feels a bit freaky the first time you get your fingerprints taken. Hollywood movies flash before your eyes and you feel like some kind of criminal.

I remember from robberies in my home that when the police fingerprinting unit arrived, they took what they could find but cautioned me that they had not found a full print and the evidence (what they did get) would probably not cross the required threshold from the courts to be admissible as evidence. Maybe you have better systems in the North and can get a match from a partial print that would be admissible in court. (Nope, no one was ever arrested or prosecuted, not only for armed robbery in my case, but dozens of robberies by the same gang in the community in which I live. We all installed burglar bars and security gates and the few who did not, still get robbed at gunpoint and no one ever gets arrested and items stolen are never recovered! The rumour is that the police get paid off by the gang of robbers!)

Perhaps the issue is do you trust your laws and your courts to treat you fairly and justly? If not, then refusing to be fingerprinted would be a valid protest against the corruption of justice. Although corruption of justice is a part of the landscape in my country, fingerprints do not feature into evidence that is unjustly used against people.

kirolak
31st January 2014, 11:00
My bank requires either fingerprint or photographic recognition - but they can't detect any fingerprints on my fingers, to my amusement. . so they take a horrid photo of me each time I have to go in to the bank!