PDA

View Full Version : Your help needed to stop Monsanto

halffull
1st February 2014, 09:37
Monsanto could soon become our primary government via a secret trade deal

Monsanto’s about to celebrate their biggest coup ever, but we’ve got until the weekend to stop them.
The Trans-Pacific Partnership is a huge, ultra-secret deal among twelve major countries that would give corporations unprecedented power -- allowing them to use new global tribunals to sue our governments for passing laws that protect us, but reduce their profits! This could apply to everything from labeling GMO foods to protecting internet freedom. Wikileaks has broken the story and opposition is building fast, but the countries are rushing to seal the deal in 48 hours.

This is insane, but we have a chance to stop it -- 3 countries are wobbling, and if they pull back now the whole deal could crumble. If we deluge leaders in Chile, New Zealand and Australia with a global call to stand strong, we can stop this corporate takeover before Monsanto uncorks the champagne. Sign up now and share this with everyone:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/no_champagne_for_monsanto_loc/?bTyPrcb&v=34876

The leaked Trans-Pacific Partnership drafts read like an extended Christmas wish-list for big business -- it would set a global standard of companies imposing their will on our governments through an opaque system of tribunals. These courts could limit access to cheap generic medicines in favour of branded medicines, and even allow cigarette companies to sue governments over health regulations that they say threaten profits! It’s almost too crazy to be true.

But practically no one has heard of the TPP! The talks are so secretive that not even our elected lawmakers know what’s in it -- just the negotiators and 600 corporate lobbyists. Now leaked texts have shocked politicians and citizens from Chile, New Zealand, and Australia. And they are pushing back on the corporate bullying, and against the US that is hell-bent on getting a deal agreed before there is too much public scrutiny.

The TPP affects us all -- it infringes on our rights and undermines our democracies just to protect the corporate bottom line. And we only have days to stop it. Join the urgent call and tell everyone:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/no_champagne_for_monsanto_loc/?bTyPrcb&v=34876

It can be easy to feel small in the face of big corporate forces driving our governments. But people, not money, are the true source of power. Time and again, our community has proved that when we come together to protect our rights against corporate takeover, we can win. Let’s now stop this unprecedented threat to our democracies.

http://the-tap.blogspot.co.uk/

Johnny
1st February 2014, 11:04
I have just signed it.

Thanks halffull.

Johnny

Inaiá
1st February 2014, 11:34
Signed. Thanks.

sheme
1st February 2014, 11:46
That was posted in December- we had 24hours to stop them then- so did it get through?

Hazel
1st February 2014, 11:57
Signed and shared....

Lifebringer
1st February 2014, 13:35
Took it viral on Twitter and FB, and was told "don't worry about the negative seeing it, tell the world to speak up." So.....that's what I do as a political, nature loving, planet saving, roll up your sleeves, leave good solutions person/soul. Time for Gen X, Y, and Z here in America to tell them all to shove their de-natured bi-produce and anti-biotic meats where the sun don't shine/take the loss. OUR generations were taught about health and the intake of toxic chemicals, who do they think they are to "try" to sneak one by the Sherlock Holmes's of the 21st century. Guess a few revelatory links to get the ball rolling for the grandchildren is needed, and I will not fail to pick up/click up the band of victory on behalf of all that is good for them.
Just our duty, and besides, they stole over 3 generations of wealth, and haven't done the time for the crime yet. My mission is to make an example of those who change the laws, as they did to keep slavery going by law, to be non-prosecutable.

BATIG
By all that is good.

All those lawyers with decades of knowledge, pulling the wool over OUR parents eyes, and leaving the tab for us?

I don't think so...Homey don't play that, and it's time they got that message.

They'll be NO hoodwinky-dinky lies to war for us. This stuff ends now. 2014, Americans start our dream.:cool:

Lifebringer
1st February 2014, 13:50
That might have been one I signed at the end of the year, however it's too important to not keep a close eye on them and to let them know, WE are watching them like a HAWK THIS ELECTION WILL HAVE DIRE CONSEQUENCES. You can take that to the bank. 6 years of recovery, WS swinging off the rails in profits and still WE saw nothing of the recover promised by BOTH PARTIES ON JOBS. I've seen one party take a stand, and although I've consigned myself to be independent and look at the big picture with regards to electoral results, I've decided if a 3rd party pulls in the poles, I'll vote for him, if he's on the same page as the people, and if not, then I've got to put my money on those who are "speaking out for us," and fire those who are not.

Simple as that, no distraction about it, and LIARS ARE automatically disqualified. Lying to me in my face, is the ultimate of sins to this voter.

GreenGuy
1st February 2014, 20:03
Signed. Passed on to others. Thank you.

Tesla_WTC_Solution
1st February 2014, 20:44
Watch out for lateral networking, collusion among the companies who attend the "Microsoft CEO summit" and other vehicles for lateral networking.

These corporations are bypassing and destroying our constitutional protections and rights.

It's about to look like Sandra Bullock's "The Net" for those people.