PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in an AVALON SW meet-up?

Spirithorse
3rd February 2014, 22:36
Hi everyone,

I know the folks from London are busy preparing their next meet-up.
Made me wonder if anyone of you guys living in the South West (of England of course) would also want to have a local gathering?

Glastonbury was suggested, it has some nice cafes and it is usually regarded as being of some interest to people from other places.

So, any suggestions about time (or even alternative locations) are welcome.

Thanks

Sabrina
4th February 2014, 07:37
Centreofflight is in Bristol at the moment and couldn't make the London meet-up as he'll be back in Switzerland by March - so I think he'd like to do something your way if you contact him. He was at the Tor recently. Good luck Sab :)...

Becky
4th February 2014, 07:55
Hi Spirithorse,
Yes I'm definitely up for this :-)

I'm only free at weekends or possibly on a wednesday...when were you thinking? I haven't got much free time in Feb/march but am freer in April onwards. Unless we do something soon to include Centreofflight. I'll chat with you tomorrow about possible dates :cheers:

Becky x

golden lady
4th February 2014, 10:21
Hi there,
Would love to meet up. Unfortunately, I can't make the London meet up but this one may fit the bill.

sheme
4th February 2014, 10:47
Just spotted this- how close to Ross on Wye is everyone I would be happy to host a meetup I am close to motorway links. we could have a simple meal together and if you bring a sleeping bag you can stay the night. Loads of worry free parking . see what you think

Spirithorse
4th February 2014, 12:44
Hi guys,

That's great! Thanks for your responses, I'm sure we can work something out. I'm busy with work at the moment but I will be onto it soon. Keep on sending your suggestions and we'll find the best solution, I'm sure.
xx

edit to add:
A number of you have contacted me via pm, thank you! There seams to be some interest in a get-together, that's brilliant.
Could those of you, who have pm'ed me please also leave a quick note on this thread with a suggestion about the time that would suit them?

I've also been in touch with Bill and the Ecuador team and some of us (me included) are seriously considering going to visit Bill and his 'crew'. It's getting exiting....

lysander
4th February 2014, 18:02
I'm keen, near Taunton, Glastonbury sounds like a good choice! Thanks for starting this thread spirithorse! :)

Becky
5th February 2014, 20:07
I'm keen, near Taunton, Glastonbury sounds like a good choice! Thanks for starting this thread spirithorse! :)

Yes, thanks Simone, I live between Bath and Wells, so Glastonbury will be a good mid-way point then, and it's got some great cafe's and the Chalice well is so beautiful in Spring...if the rain has stopped by then...
B x

centreoflight
5th February 2014, 20:26
Just spotted this- how close to Ross on Wye is everyone I would be happy to host a meetup I am close to motorway links. we could have a simple meal together and if you bring a sleeping bag you can stay the night. Loads of worry free parking . see what you think

I am here in Bristol and free, could meet anytime. Ross on Wye only about one hour from here. Love Always

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Yes, thanks Simone, I live between Bath and Wells, so Glastonbury will be a good mid-way point then, and it's got some great cafe's and the Chalice well is so beautiful in Spring...if the rain has stopped by then...
B x

Glastonbury is a good place, strong Energies there. Let me know and I will be there.

Spirithorse
5th February 2014, 20:42
Thanks for your suggestions.

At the moment two dates have been suggested - either Saturday 1.3. or Saturday 8.3.
Time: 1 or 2 pm.
Glastonbury seems to be the location of choice so far. Not a bad choice I would say, they have some nice places (and some interesting shops) there.
We could meet in one of the cafes on High Street. Glastonbury is a small town and eventually you will end up on High Street anyway.

If the weather permits and we decide we want to go and breathe some fresh air, Chalice Well, the famous sacred gardens and springs, is a good choice indeed.

It's all up to you.
In order to reserve some space for us, it would be good to know how many of you want to come.

Looking forward to meeting you in person :-)

Spirithorse
10th February 2014, 14:58
Update:

I'm still awaiting replies from centreoflight, golden lady and Sabrina.
Sheme can't come because of her dogs - the other ones, who have come back to me are fine with both dates, so we can leave it up to those who haven't replied yet.

Concerning the time, of course we can be flexible here, if somebody wants to spend a bit more time exploring Glastonbury, that's fine. We can meet earlier.
Just let me know what you guys would prefer...and I'll try to make it happen :-)

Becky
10th February 2014, 15:13
Hi Spirithorse, I now can't do the 1st - my daughter has an exam in Bristol on that date and I have to take her. Hope this is ok, is the 8th still a good date for everyone?
Becky xx

Spirithorse
10th February 2014, 19:51
Hi Spirithorse, I now can't do the 1st - my daughter has an exam in Bristol on that date and I have to take her. Hope this is ok, is the 8th still a good date for everyone?
Becky xx

I still haven't heart back from a couple of you. Those, who have replied were fine with both days, so we have our decision now.

It's Saturday 8.3.14.
Shall we say about 12.30 - 1 pm?

lysander
10th February 2014, 20:15
Excellent thanks for arranging this Simone!

golden lady
19th February 2014, 10:27
Hi Spirithorse,
Have sent you a PM.

Spirithorse
19th February 2014, 23:51
Hi All,

At the moment we are 8 and I'm going to pm you with the location details once we get closer to the date.
By the way, I just got a message from a new member, Domo67, who is looking forward to joining us on the 8th.

Welcome do Avalon, Domo67!

sheme
6th March 2014, 11:30
Perhaps we can have a camping weekend here some time when the weather gets better just bring your food and drink and your bug out bags/tents . Have a great time in Glastonbury. Love to all.

Spirithorse
6th March 2014, 23:07
Perhaps we can have a camping weekend here some time when the weather gets better just bring your food and drink and your bug out bags/tents . Have a great time in Glastonbury. Love to all.

That's not a bad idea, sheme.

Maybe you want to start an invite thread on that a bit later in the year...?
Also, it might be interesting for people living a bit higher up. It's great that regional Avalon meet-ups are happening.

Funnily enough, the London group has their get-together on the same day - 8th March :-)

I look forward to meeting you all on Saturday.

Cidersomerset
8th March 2014, 19:33
Thanks Simone and all for a lovely coffee and chat session.....Cheers Steve....

Avalon Our House.....

rXuvdeEC5y8

popping up the pub for a pint with Phil....another postman...LOL

Becky
8th March 2014, 21:00
It was a really good day - lovely to meet you all and we must do this again :-)
Love
Becky x

learninglight
8th March 2014, 21:34
Thank you all for a lovely afternoon; great company, venue and conversation :)

sharon

Spirithorse
9th March 2014, 00:10
Hello again,

It was indeed a lovely afternoon, thank you all for coming to Glastonbury. It's good to know that there ARE like-minded people around who share our 'weird' interests :-)

A suggestion from lysander which I copy here for the ones who couldn't come today:

Hi Guys,

Lovely to meet you all today, I just wanted to let you know about a conference Miles Johnston from the bases project is organising, it's a 3 day event with lots of speakers. The link is below:

http://www.thebasesproject.org/2014/...-humanity.html

Maybe our next project... going to the conference together?
Mary Rodwell is on the speakers list...

Anyone interested? I know Becky is, she really is :-)

Spirithorse
9th March 2014, 00:16

Avalon Our House.....

rXuvdeEC5y8

Postman Phil? I only know postman Pat :-)

Thanks for the cheerful vid.
Yes, was a lovely day.

Becky
9th March 2014, 08:59

Avalon Our House.....

rXuvdeEC5y8

Postman Phil? I only know postman Pat :-)

Thanks for the cheerful vid.
Yes, was a lovely day.

But Simone, you know a postman Steve and Postman Lance too...and postman Lance has more cats than postman Pat lol :cool:

Domo67
10th March 2014, 08:53
What a great meet up, very much appreciated the conversation and company. Am looking forward to the UFO conference in august sounds great.

varuna
10th March 2014, 12:24
hi everyone, just wanted to reiterate how nice to was to link up with like minded people and to be able to talk so openly about many interesting subjects. If those living in or around the Taunton area are interested in meeting up say bi-monthly let me know, and everyone else too! End of May beginning of June would be about half way between the Miles Johnson event.

A free parking country pub, with outdoor seating perhaps? ...what do you think?

Good wishes, V

lysander
10th March 2014, 13:53
I'm definitely keen!

Becky
10th March 2014, 14:14
I'd like to meet up again too...were most of us from south of Glastonbury?? I'm north, but don't mind travelling a bit further if needs be.

varuna
10th March 2014, 17:38
Ok, great will given it a few days to see who responds and then research some venues. Will pm everyone from there, south of Glastonbury would be best for me, but will try to be fair to everyone. Catch up soon. V x

Spirithorse
11th March 2014, 22:34
hi everyone, just wanted to reiterate how nice to was to link up with like minded people and to be able to talk so openly about many interesting subjects. If those living in or around the Taunton area are interested in meeting up say bi-monthly let me know, and everyone else too! End of May beginning of June would be about half way between the Miles Johnson event.

A free parking country pub, with outdoor seating perhaps? ...what do you think?

Good wishes, V

Sounds like a good idea. I just need plenty of notice as I'm working away quite often and need time to adjust my work schedule.
Maybe I can hitch a ride with Becky?
Becky, what do you think?

Spirithorse
12th March 2014, 20:50
Miles Johnston from the bases project is organising, it's a 3 day event with lots of speakers. The link is below:

http://www.thebasesproject.org/2014/...-humanity.html

Maybe our next project... going to the conference together?
Mary Rodwell is on the speakers list...

An important update:
Just got the confirmation that Simon will be speaking at this event as well.

Becky
7th January 2015, 09:31
Hi all SW Avalon members - I'm moving away from Glastonbury soon and wondered if we could have a SW Avalon meet up maybe the first or second weekend of Feb before i move? It would be lovely to see you all :-)
Best wishes
Becky xxx

Becky
7th January 2015, 13:05
I'm starting a new thread about this, so if anyone wants to come along please respond here
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?78783-SW-Avalon-meet-up-2015&p=920527#post920527