PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Musings...

Sammy
16th February 2014, 20:38
When I was a kid, my favorite monster was Dracula.

Note how vampires were often depicted with a strange "V" made by their hair at the center of their forehead.

During the mid 60s I avidly read and collected two comics called Creepy and Eerie produced by Warren Publishing.

Then, during the same month as my 12th birthday, the same folks at Warren released Vampirella - perfect timing from my personal point of view - haha.

Though I can't recall weather Warren ever depicted Vampirella with that lovely "V" I always took that as a sign of the connection one might have with the supernatural.

I came across this picture of Joanne Summerscales while watching Bases 16 earlier -

And there's the V!

Then... I thought about the most wonderful woman I have been fortunate to meet - my wife, Cristina.

at least now I know how she has such a powerful spell over me!!!

You should see the V in real life as the picture does not show it as clearly defined as when you see her in person.

DeDukshyn
16th February 2014, 21:16
Was the fascinations in Vampires the tool that the "Universe" used to lead you to your wife; or was the fact that you ended up with your wife, merely a predictable outcome based on the emotional imprinting of the childhood images with emotions?

I am using this as an opportunity to point out something that your post inspired - apologies if I am detracting from your intent Chester.

It's a trick question. ;) Who the hell cares? The only actual difference is in the perspective. Humans tend to always need to know "which" perspective is correct, then the will finally "know" the truth. Well, no perspective, is wrong, it just depends on where you are sitting while observing the "game". From some seats, you can't see plays being made, that you could at another, and vice versa. Sure some seats are better than others, but it never makes them the "wrong" seats. We miss the game of life by constantly calling out the "wrongness" of others' seats, and talking up the rightness of our own seats (in general as a collective)

Just some rambling for considerations that was spawned by OneMan's musings =)

Sammy
16th February 2014, 21:58
Was the fascinations in Vampires the tool that the "Universe" used to lead you to your wife; or was the fact that you ended up with your wife, merely a predictable outcome based on the emotional imprinting of the childhood images with emotions?

I am using this as an opportunity to point out something that your post inspired - apologies if I am detracting from your intent Chester.

It's a trick question. ;) Who the hell cares? The only actual difference is in the perspective. Humans tend to always need to know "which" perspective is correct, then the will finally "know" the truth. Well, no perspective, is wrong, it just depends on where you are sitting while observing the "game". From some seats, you can't see plays being made, that you could at another, and vice versa. Sure some seats are better than others, but it never makes them the "wrong" seats. We miss the game of life by constantly calling out the "wrongness" of others' seats, and talking up the rightness of our own seats (in general as a collective)

Just some rambling for considerations that was spawned by OneMan's musings =)

Great post and great point. It is why I titled the thread "musings" as there was no point other than honoring Cristina (my wife) and pointing out that though a rift occurred between Miles and Joanne, I don't think bad of her and that if one studies the true lore behind "vampire" they come upon "Vampyr" and then come upon "dragon vision" which is clear vision. One might have the ability to experience clear vision but that does not make one STS or STO? I now see it as individual. I apply this view to "the Reptilians" which is a single word which implies a group. I now believe (yes, the word believe... so I do not know) that within the Reptilian species may be amazingly wonderful (from my POV) STS, fully ensouled beings.

OK - so here is my point since I was asked (or was I)?

I discovered a terrible habit of mine. A habit that has plagued me most of my life. The habit of what may be characterized as "assuming a few bad apples spoils the lot."

I notice a great deal of this goes on on earth today... "Well, you know he is a this or that and so what else should you expect?"

Why this has become important to me is because I now see how prejudicial I have been (which limits me) and how naive I have been (which is the other extreme which has gotten me into trouble).

I am at the point i really don't know a thing and though my job as a handicapper requires me to come up with prices for sporting events which win a bookie more money than he loses and I am good at that, when I attempt to apply the same approach to real life (as opposed to a game) the universe always throws me a curveball... hahaha.

In fact, I am finding I have developed the ability to attempt to see as many perspectives as I can about something and I find there's little room for judgment in this approach. I can make a decision... yes, but I don't judge the holders of different views as "bad" (which of course implies to my thirsty ego that I am "good").

DeDukshyn
16th February 2014, 22:47
I feel my greatest strength is in being a "seat teleporter" - I try to view things from as many seats as I can simultaneously. This requires, empathy and sympathy - for even the "devil" - to get the grandest view. I often at work, play devil's advocate when approaching new projects or coming on board into another department's project. Some get upset with me, thinking I am trying to squash their endeavours (and occasionally I have), but all I am really doing is forcing them all to see the varying aspects of their project from the points of view from all the different seats, so they can truly get the best result. Sometimes that shines light on something that makes it a dealbreaker -- best to find that out at the planning stages.

My main point is to emphasize the value in attaining a view from as many seats as opossible, this requires seeing things from an opponents point of view, the main varying aspects of thinking are good areas, the spiritual view, the atheist's view, the optimist's view, the opponent's view, the religious view, the pessimist's view, the philosopher's view, the scientist's view, the layman's view, the simpleton's view, etc.

Most humans create a role for themselves from one of these single views or "seats" of the "game", and become quite good at that role. But think how limited your life selections become from a single role compared to what might be available by accepting other views on any given topic. We need not define ourselves in this way and in fact should not. What we should do is consider all of the perspectives, then choose freely after seeing that fullest view we can muster. This is where humanity's true freedom lies, because this is where the true bonds also exist. Most are chained, by their own choosing, to their self "defined" seats in the game. We are not the perspective - this is just what is binding us ...

More rambling ... ;) Trying to "clear the view" on not only the acceptability, but the requirement for each of us to exercise perspective switching to complement their choosing, so they can escape the restrictions of "deciding" :)

LivioRazlo
16th February 2014, 22:54
I have always had an interest in vampires, or rather anything supernatural or occult. Read Bram Stoker's Dracula when I was just a teen and wrote my senior English paper over the sexual connotation in Stoker's work. Some of my favorite films about vampires are those with Bela Legosi and Christopher Lee, as well as the supremely dark and intriguing series by Anne Rice. Part of me has always wanted to meet a real vampire, and well, live their lifestyle - but when really ponder on that subject, I couldn't deal with living forever and watching all those I loved and cared about wither away into eternity.

pugwash84
16th February 2014, 23:01
I wasn't really into vampires, I liked my little pony and care bears and the films battery's not included and flight of the navigator but I used to hate ET because it was too sad when ET got sick.