PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Toothpaste without Fluoride in Ecuador?

seehas
7th March 2014, 23:48
Ive searched the Web allready but only found realy expensive ones, since i know im not the only in ecuador here , maybe someone can help me :second::cool:

PurpleLama
7th March 2014, 23:56
I have used heritage oral care products (http://heritagestore.com/categories/oral-care.html) with much success. The tooth powder looks expensive, but will last one person most of a year, at least.

Use the ipsadent or the ipsab gum treatment along with the tooth powder for the best results.

Testimonial: Before using these products I had cavities and advanced gum disease, now I have no cavities and my gums regenerated to the way they were when I was in my mid teens.

Dennis Leahy
8th March 2014, 00:25
Have you thought about making your own? Baking soda + coconut oil + (a few drops) mint oil

Dennis

Christine
8th March 2014, 00:30
Hi seehas,

There is only one toothpaste without fluoride in Ecuador. I have my supply I brought with me from the US. You can use baking soda (also hard to come by but available if you ask around. Bicarbonato de sodio.. in Spanish. Mix the baking soda with clove and just put some on a wet tooth brush. I really like it..

If you are in Vilcabamba… go to the shop behind the Juice Factory, I bet you will find something.

Happy and successful searching.

Ive searched the Web allready but only found realy expensive ones, since i know im not the only in ecuador here , maybe someone can help me :second::cool:

seehas
8th March 2014, 00:36
Wow thanks for so many answers that quick, i realy like the idea of making my own i will search for the baking soda.

christine, no im in quito city :) and its the same for me, i had some non fluorid toothpaste that ive brought withmefrom germany but its nearly empty now and there is no way i buy the regular toothpaste-poison.

Thanks all

13th Warrior
8th March 2014, 00:54
I like Auromere the best...a little goes a long way.

carryattune
8th March 2014, 02:58

I found this one. Maybe with a name you can search again.

Gardener
8th March 2014, 03:06
Additionally when using bicarb as a toothpaste (whatever your fave mixing) it is good for the Ph of your body being alkaline.

Frederick Jackson
8th March 2014, 06:17

I am in Mexico and cannot find any toothpaste without fluoride. In US I imagine it is possible even if only on the internet or health stores. Salt here in Mexico is fluoridated as it is in all Latin America (I think). In Mexico they have the nerve to package this adulterated sodium chloride as "Sal de Mar". Yeah. no doubt it was a hundred million years ago. And before they poisoned it.

PS Yeah sodium bicarb is good. And you can add a little hydrogen peroxide to make a paste. My dentist recommended this a long time ago. (This should be good especially for brushing regularly. Less frequently may call for something with a little abrasive power. Or a hairbrush!:crazy:)

chocolate
8th March 2014, 11:39
I would recommend oil-pulling first, and brushing with a combination of what you can find:
natural clay powder (lots of minerals inside),
essential oil (not mint, but something more antiseptic, like oregano, myrrh, cloves, etc.),
oak bark powder,
small amount of baking soda (I personally don't like using baking soda despite everything people try to convince themselves about it, and sea salt for its abrasiveness),
or even only some natural soap that you use for your body to neutralize the effect of the oil-pulling.

Water and a toothbrush would do also quite well on their own.
If you can find some hydrogen peroxide, it will be quite good to make a water solution and rinse off with it.

In the worst case you need a good brush, some floss, and water.

Edited to add: using some banana skin to rub onto your teeth does a good job, I personally have tried it sometime back. I brush after and rinse with water. (Lots of bananas in Ecuador!)

Hope that helped. :)

carryattune
8th March 2014, 14:46
Many health markets in my area. I used Tom's toothpaste a few years ago. It was labeled natural. But I don't remember actual ingredients. A company called Burt's bees also markets a natural toothpaste. I am going to check around.
Large health market only a couple of miles away. Should probably start there!

Wookie
8th March 2014, 16:37
When I lived in Peru back in the 80's my family got our modern treats from a Swiss mail order catalog, I loved that book lol. Presently one can order almost anything from the internet and have it shipped. I think Denis is the winner with make your own.

Peaceful Journeys Wookie

loveoflife
15th March 2014, 09:09
Wow thanks for so many answers that quick, i realy like the idea of making my own i will search for the baking soda.

christine, no im in quito city :) and its the same for me, i had some non fluorid toothpaste that ive brought withmefrom germany but its nearly empty now and there is no way i buy the regular toothpaste-poison.

Thanks all

Make sure that the bicarbonate of soda is aluminum free.

You can find many recipes on youtube :cool: