PDA

View Full Version : Million jars of peanut butter dumped in New Mexico after bankruptcy dispute

chancy
28th March 2014, 06:08
Hello Everyone:
This is news that I hate to read! It may just be peanut butter this time BUT I have personally seen millions of dollars of waste in my life and think it's disgusting!

When big business doesn't do the right thing and donate good quality food to the hungry I say. SHAME ON THEM!

Link:
http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/million-jars-peanut-butter-dumped-mexico-bankruptcy-dispute-051132963.html

Things need to changed in this prosperous part of the planet. The people involved with not allowing this product to be used by food banks etc. should get the message loud and clear from all members, patrons etc. telling companies like costco that we will not stand for this anymore!

chancy

cursichella1
28th March 2014, 07:17
Hello Everyone:
This is news that I hate to read! It may just be peanut butter this time BUT I have personally seen millions of dollars of waste in my life and think it's disgusting!

When big business doesn't do the right thing and donate good quality food to the hungry I say. SHAME ON THEM!

Link:
http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/million-jars-peanut-butter-dumped-mexico-bankruptcy-dispute-051132963.html

Things need to changed in this prosperous part of the planet. The people involved with not allowing this product to be used by food banks etc. should get the message loud and clear from all members, patrons etc. telling companies like costco that we will not stand for this anymore!

chancy

You're right, this is disgusting & shameful. They'll no doubt get a nice tax write off for this "loss". Disgusting, too, tonight on the news they announced that Costco & Trader Joe's were voted top supermarkets by consumers. Interesting timing, of course. Here's hoping this peanut butter incident becomes a large PR nightmare for Costco, overshadowing any gains from this best supermarket announcement. (Nothing against Trader Joe's...)

sigma6
28th March 2014, 12:16
Should be a law against that, how does that serve the greater, except but to harm it? Once again proof the corporate policies are designed to protect the corporate system, with no thought about the potential harm to real people or the environment. So this amount to damage to the environment, damage to people in need. And exposure of a dysfunctional system yet again.