PDA

View Full Version : Can men suffer a 'Hot Flush'?

Ammit
2nd July 2014, 22:18
Hi

I was just wondering if men can get a hot flush like I hear the ladies speak of?
Just had a screaming flush as though I had taken 300mg of Niacin.

Is this what i now need to expect at 50?:confused:

Kristin
2nd July 2014, 22:36
Ammit,
I have heard "yes" to that question.

Here's a bit more info. I hope that it is helpful. http://www.healthline.com/health/mens-health/hot-flashes-men
From the Heart,
Kristin

Ammit
2nd July 2014, 22:40
Kristin, thanks for the info.
Very strange feeling, no sweating but like a flush from a high dose on Niacin, really hit me hard but did not feel ill from the feeling.

linksplatinum
2nd July 2014, 22:50
I used to get major hot flashing when taking Niacin, although there are those other types of supplements that do mention on the label "do not cause flushing". When aspirin is taken around 1/2 hr before niacin, this can help reduce those effects.

Ammit
2nd July 2014, 22:55
But, that is my question as I have not taken Niacin, just had a like heat surge from my head to my hips, did not feel nasty and did not sweat with it either.

linksplatinum
2nd July 2014, 23:00
But, that is my question as I have not taken Niacin, just had a like heat surge from my head to my hips, did not feel nasty and did not sweat with it either.

Oh ok, I must have seen that wrong. I thought by just a glance that it was Niacin that did this. Nevermind:p

Jackson
2nd July 2014, 23:28
Yes I have these on occasion. Part of my cancer treatment is taking female hormone therapy. I can feel it start in my mouth as dryness and then in my stomach as upset and then it is like someone poured hot water over my head and it goes down to my stomach. It is very uncomfortable. It is something akin to a sugar spike or drop. I believe it has to do with experiencing my feminine side...haha My doctor says it is normal for some people to have this experience. Might not hurt to see a doctor.

Jackson

ghostrider
2nd July 2014, 23:55
Interesting that when you get a virus the first thing that happens is fever / hot flash ... I be careful what you put into the temple these days , especially at our age , the body changes for men every five years , it should level out ...

Kristin
3rd July 2014, 00:01
Ammit,

Check yourself for any other symptoms too, ie swollen or tender glands etc. Also, did you check your temp? Always drink plenty of water... no matter if you have no other symptoms. It helps your body to regulate when you are well hydrated. Let us know if this continues!

Carmody
3rd July 2014, 03:27

Kundalini onset can come in such a package. I would pursue the medical potentials before considering this one, though. (If it was I)