PDA

View Full Version : What are you thinking?

Zionbrion
9th July 2014, 20:36
I forget who showed me this exercise, but its always been really fun and enlightening for me. I have never tried it through typing only pen and paper so we will see how it goes here. What you do is take a piece of paper and on the top write across the first 8 words that come to your mind, and then on the bottom do the same thing. You will now have 16 words. Now go back to the top and look at the first two words and write the first word that comes to your mind reading those two words, and do the same for each set of two words top and bottom. You should now have 8 words, do the same thing for each of these and you will now have 4 words towards the center of your page. Do this agin with the 4 words and you have 2, do it for these two words and you have 1 word that should be something that is heavily on your unconscious mind.
Now I will show an example

Resonating dissonance /extraterrestrial phone /home distancing /caregiver forgot
Humming. / Movie. / Mom. / Forgive
Netflix. / Dancing

Prom

Meeting the ancestors

Global
First contact. / Fast
Rural. / Seti. / Car. / Miles per hour
Forgiving living /distancing homeworld /forgiven driven /six eight

As you see the words tend to go from trivial to deeper meaning as you go along, it is important to not judge before you write, just use stream of consciousness.
You can also turn it into a mantra for you day by taking the last four words here being netflix, dancing first contact and fast. Imagine each word being a corner of a square, and combine each adjacent word like previously so.
Netflix /dancing is prom
Dancing /fast is speed
Fast / first contact is global
First contact /netflix is origins
So you can then combine those words into a sentence for you day
My global speed is bringing me to our origin prom. :)

So give it a shot on here if youd like, or get out a pen paper and find out whats on your mind.

Cara
10th July 2014, 06:13
Thanks for posting. This is an interesting exercise. I just did it on paper and got the following:

8: Alive... Clumsy... Healing... Busy... Happy... Okay... Strong... Good

4: Shock... Work... Ambivalent... Brave

2: Recover... Move

1: Accelerate

Desert

1: Haze

2: Shimmer... Thirst

4: Fear... Shine... Water... Need

8: Love... Smiles... Bright... Cheerful... Still... Calm... Purpose... Now

I do live in the desert, and it is mid summer, so perhaps this is telling me something about how I am coping here.

I'll do again tomorrow and see what I get.

Thanks
searcher

Shende
10th July 2014, 11:35
I enjoyed this thanks. Dread to think about my state of mind though!

1. Fish 2. Glass 3. Home 4. Emily (Daughter) 5. TV 6. Eyes 7. Bounce 8. Write

1. Soul 2. Smile 3. Watching 4. Unsure

1. Sunny 2. Doubt

1. Leave

Away.

1. Split

1. Free 2. Trapped

1. Need 2. Open 3. Quiet 4. Fear

1. Excersie 2. Collapse 3. Peace 4. Aware 5. Noise 6. Soul 7. Defense 8. Understand