PDA

View Full Version : Perfectionsim, self acceptance and self trust

Natalia
11th July 2014, 18:05
This is one of the things that I feel strongly about...one of my continuous messages (and lesson for myself).

I want to start by saying, that I believe that we all have a message or messages that are right for someone/s and/or it's needed for them to hear that can help in whatever way (not always the way that is intended by the messenger!).

I was told by a psychic once, that one of my messages is one of "not pretending anymore"...so, authenticity...(that could be a whole other thread and I won't go into it right now).

A saying that comes to mind with what I am feeling right now is "don't wait until you are perfect to do something"...yeah...because I see that this can hold some people back, when they could be moving forward with something...

This has come up in me a lot and I realized that it was one of my lessons and/or tests, and it was one of, self acceptance and self trust..sometimes we can lose some of this from when we were children because whoever around us didn't trust and accept a part of us...and we didn't get the correct support that we needed in those ways (or not enough), even though that can be part of what leads us to have to accept and trust those parts of ourselves that were not by some or most people...you know, like doubting your own intuition and following the advice of another's fear based belief or mistaken or over concern...only for that to cause more difficulty for yourself and/or them...

There are certain personalty types or traits or parts of natures, that, when seen, some others tend to then underestimate the person in whatever ways...the "highly sensitive person", being one of them (though of course there can be huge variations there, too, between individuals...)...

Sooo, those highly sensitive people learn to doubt themselves in whatever ways...but, it's their responsibility to learn to trust themselves in those ways again...(with a little help along the way, of others trusting them, which is nice :) ).

I am not saying that everything about us and our experiences are trustworthy! What I am saying is to trust what can be trusted in one's self and in our lives...experience can teach us this...

Now, some people say "you do not need a psychic to tell you the things that you know deep inside, search within, not without"...

but, (and I am not saying that that is not true ever), I know, that a reason why some people actually do need to have a true psychic reading, is because they need someone to believe in them, the real them, to believe in their purpose, and to believe in their future...and it can also feel like companionship...

I do not believe that having needs, or different needs, is wrong...there are some needs that seem "uncool" to some people, or some people do not respect them, or they may not even see them as true needs, when they are...and sometimes people mean well but are not understanding what we really need...that's when we have to know what is right for us...and trust ourselves...even when that means to seek help from another and/or "outside" :)

grannyfranny100
11th July 2014, 21:45
Interesting way you put it: "don't wait until you are perfect to do something". Fits in with my opinion of common core educational system. People are not being given an education that will serve them well.

The issues are complex. The adults of the 40's 50's and 60's just had to buy into fairy tale script of that era.

The baby boomers thought their parents were naive, figured out the games and adopted amoral relativism.

Now everyone is being asked to spiral their core beliefs upward and develop a humane society. Not an easy task for anyone but a dandy opportunity for all.

Thank you for your thoughtful post.

Natalia
11th July 2014, 21:57
I know that in some ways I am an "unusual" person, with a strange journey in parts, and that I see some things differently (to everyone - like everyone sees some things differently to everyone else)...I even will be strange/odd here on this forum...everyone has a reason to not trust me or others...everyone has been hurt and betrayed in the past, sometimes by people who they first trusted who seemed "good"...and everyone has made mistakes that has hurt themselves and others...and so I can understand why sometimes people do not trust others well enough or not as much as they can be trusted, at least not at first before they really know them...so I had a bit of a process about this after my post here...and my inner voice told me to stay in compassion with this and be understanding and stay in my heart space...and I have...and not take it personally...I do not need to fear, or worry about, or feel upset or angry, when it feels to me like some others don't trust me, and I reminded myself, that the same is true sometimes, for me...and of my lesson...

I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable with my posts, but, it will have that effect at times and I can't really help that unless I stop writing...

Most people in my life trust that I am a "good person", but there have been other things that some or most did not see or trust...like at least some of: my intuition...or spiritual or psychic experiences...or parts of my life purpose...or what was right for me or was meant to be...or how capable I am in certain ways...these have been the main areas where I have had to trust myself...and my life...

Peace, and love, are wonderful things...a reminder to myself, stay in it

Natalia
11th July 2014, 22:20
Now everyone is being asked to spiral their core beliefs upward and develop a humane society. Not an easy task for anyone but a dandy opportunity for all.

That will be nice :) and is what I want...am reminded of more people treating animals kindly...I don't see everyone as being humane this time around...but if enough of us are...