PDA

View Full Version : New Weird Al Video (Must See!)

Forevernyt
16th July 2014, 15:32
This is Weird Al's parody of Royals, called Foil. It went somewhere I did not see it going, but most of us here can appreciate.

w-0TEJMJOhk

EC1000
16th July 2014, 15:45
ha-haha-ha. thats awesome

Flash
16th July 2014, 15:51
I call that daring!!

yelik
16th July 2014, 16:08
Like it, true as well.

Hawkwind
16th July 2014, 16:18
Guys, he just called everyone here an aluminum foil hat wearing nut case. That doesn't seem very bold to me.

Tyy1907
16th July 2014, 16:26
To the sleeping this is just "funny" craziness.

It seemed pretty lame at first then wow, like was mentioned, unforeseen direction! The truth "hidden" in plain sight.

the_real_dave-id
16th July 2014, 17:12
***SPOILER ALERT*** (Sorry TargeT)

Hey Hawkwind! He showed that the CIA or something like them came and took him when he wore that tin foil hat and began telling it like he sees it, and that the person who was trying to stop him from telling, or cut him off behind the camera was actually a reptile. So he's not slamming the folks at places like this at all, but showing how we're seen by them that be, and that we're onto the truth. At least that's how it reads to me.

The way I understand it is this is Weird Al's last album of his RCA contract, and he's stated that he'll be putting his stuff out on his own from now on. That possibly says something as well.

TargeT
16th July 2014, 17:21
Hey Hawkwind! He showed that the CIA or something like them came and took him when he wore that tin foil hat and began telling it like he sees it, and that the person who was trying to stop him from telling, or cut him off behind the camera was actually a reptile. So he's not slamming the folks at places like this at all, but showing how we're seen by them that be, and that we're onto the truth. At least that's how it reads to me.

The way I understand it is this is Weird Al's last album of his RCA contract, and he's stated that he'll be putting his stuff out on his own from now on. That possibly says something as well.

btw... spoiler alert

(haha)

His facial expressions were very interesting, the change from the first half to the second half... anyway it was a light hearted dip into tinfoil hat land.

INFOTAINMENT! videos like this is how we will win over the masses; this is awesome IMO. MORE NEEDED!

Hawkwind
16th July 2014, 18:24
So he's not slamming the folks at places like this at all, but showing how we're seen by them that be, and that we're onto the truth. At least that's how it reads to me.

The man is a comedian. The video reinforces the idea that conspiracy theories and those who believe them are something to be laughed at. Are uninformed people more or less likely to take the topics that get talked about here seriously after watching this video?

Forevernyt
16th July 2014, 18:48
You never know, maybe tinfoil actually does work? :P

I don't think we here should take it too seriously, and if we can't laugh at ourselves, does that make us any better than anyone else?

the_real_dave-id
16th July 2014, 18:50
All good comedy comes from truth. If I was able to read the message the way I did, others will too. George Carlin was a comedian, but managed to say a lot of things that were very important to be heard. Weird Al is a different kind of comedian than George Carlin to be sure. I think he's found a way to get his message out in a more "under-the-radar" style.

To my eyes the video does not reinforce that conspiracy theories and those that believe them are something to be laughed at, in fact no one is laughing at him in the video, the reptilian parading around as a regular person is very worried that what he is saying will go out on the airwaves and the men in black drug him and take him away for trying it.

Will uniformed people take that away from this? Maybe not right away, maybe not ever, they may just enjoy it simply as a joke, but those that are going to eventually wake up will "get it" when their time comes.

Many things I enjoyed while I was growing up I had no idea what they actually meant, but later when I started to try to understand what was going on around me I suddenly got what was being shown. I think this is a sly way to get something through into the minds of those who aren't currently allowing anything in, a time-bomb so to speak, as well as entertain those who are already informed.

But I could be wrong, of course, since that's just my opinion. ;)

TargeT
16th July 2014, 18:50
So he's not slamming the folks at places like this at all, but showing how we're seen by them that be, and that we're onto the truth. At least that's how it reads to me.

The man is a comedian. The video reinforces the idea that conspiracy theories and those who believe them are something to be laughed at. Are uninformed people more or less likely to take the topics that get talked about here seriously after watching this video?

I think you are projecting.... it does a little tongue and cheek "poking fun" but nothing overly derogative really. I think bringing the topic up AT ALL is very important, if this type of information has absolutely no foot hold in someone’s brain (as it was with me before) then any avenue in is a good avenue...

AriG
16th July 2014, 19:11
I think this guy is a mouthpiece for the government/ptb/hollywood.

Didn't see any reference to the "Royals" Did I miss something or am I just a Yank? ;)

TargeT
16th July 2014, 19:15
I think this guy is a mouthpiece for the government/ptb/hollywood.

Didn't see any reference to the "Royals" Did I miss something or am I just a Yank? ;)

"Royals" meaning the original song, the song he is using for a parody

ie:
nlcIKh6sBtc

Wierd Al is a Sony records guy so his being a "ptb mouthpiece" is possible... but, I'd have to scrutinize his past videos again; I don't recall anything overly occult or "NWO" from him (video in this post aside).

Forevernyt
16th July 2014, 20:13
Also, there is some weird subliminal imagery going on at around 1:47.

betoobig
16th July 2014, 20:34
Ha ha ha ha.... Can,t stop.... Thanks so much, we need more of this

Pris
16th July 2014, 21:03
LOLOL! :pound:

I've always loved Weird Al, and this takes the cake!

Gekko
16th July 2014, 21:18
Talk about uncanny valley :alien:

It's a little too spontaneous, a little too in your face, and goes on just a little too long with the list of conspiracies to be purely sarcastic. Seems like he's playing with the seeming absurdity of what circulates around the underground, while also breaking the taboo on publicly suggesting it. Whether or not one believes in conspiracies themselves, it brings up that unease about things being really crazy in this world. Breaking down denial of the intuition itself without requiring that one believe in any particular story that they have not been witness to.

A challenge to both "sides" of the equation not to get too entrenched or take themselves too seriously? :jester:

My interpretation.

Magnus
16th July 2014, 21:25
Whatever weird Al is at, serious matters deserve to not be scoffed upon. This compares to Hollywood making movies just to get an important subject laughed away beyond recognition in an effort to keep the lid on.

Pris
16th July 2014, 21:37
Whatever weird Al is at, serious matters deserve to not be scoffed upon. This compares to Hollywood making movies just to get an important subject laughed away beyond recognition in an effort to keep the lid on.

When I laugh at this, it's because I'm so uncomfortable with what is happening in the world. For me, it's cathartic.

Magnus
16th July 2014, 21:43

When I laugh at this, it's because I'm so uncomfortable with what is happening in the world. For me, it's cathartic.

Understood, and yet it's important to care for those who are still balancing on the edge between entertainment and serious discernment.

Camilo
16th July 2014, 21:45
Ha, ha, ha, ha........hilariously true!

Robin
16th July 2014, 21:59
Holy Sh**!!!

After watching the video, I truly am at a loss for words. As much as there is a lot of horrible things going on in the world, I cannot help but think about how silly it is that humanity has fallen in this trap and is still so unaware.

DeDukshyn
16th July 2014, 22:41
Guys, he just called everyone here an aluminum foil hat wearing nut case. That doesn't seem very bold to me.

Sensitive ... did you think he was talking about you being a nutcase? Do you think you are a nutcase?
The majority of people in this world never even consider the possibility of illuminati, or bigger agendas. But now the seed has a chance to be planted for consideration later as more and more info trickles out and can be proven.

It seems you don't know weird Al that well ... ;)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Holy Sh**!!!

After watching the video, I truly am at a loss for words. As much as there is a lot of horrible things going on in the world, I cannot help but think about how silly it is that humanity has fallen in this trap and is still so unaware.

You are right, but at least the topic is getting exposure -- without exposure the topic is never considered, with exposure it has that chance. Weird Al can bring 1000x the exposure to the topic than even David Icke can -- sad but true ...

Jake
16th July 2014, 23:16
Ha! Hilarious. I can take a joke! :):) As long as it is funny... I grew up listening to this guy... I was hooked with 'My Balogna'... (My Sharona)

Jake.

Positive Vibe Merchant
16th July 2014, 23:16
You know you can think as deeplt as you want and wear yuor foil hat as long as you want. Plainly and simply, this is Weird Al. He has been been doing parodys for 30 years. This is great, and believe it or not it could make people think a bit mroe about the goings on and pay more attention to current events.

Don't think yoo hard about it.

David Ansible
17th July 2014, 00:17
I'm sorry, he's making fun, but it's funny as hell, esp. that "reptilian" at the end.

Chester
17th July 2014, 03:56

When I was 6 or so years old, it mattered what people called me. Are you serious?

How I interpreted the "foil hat" (besides the convenient semi-rhyme with "royal") is that becoming aware and taking back your sovereignty is symbolized by putting on the foil hat... protecting one from mind controlling energetic weaponry that effects the minds of the "asleeple." Suggest everyone try one on.

We are all entitled to our opinion.

I do not agree with yours - at all. This was a great video and a direct, obvious slap in the face to the so called "illumened and nutty." In addition, anyone who understands publicity knows that ANY publicity is good publicity. Yes, there will be folks who see this who have seen the general information from other sources but will now feel further emboldened.

I may also add - the attitude one projects is the most important decision one can make. The attitude expressed in the above quoted point of view is defeatist. I recommend an attitude of "care" for starters.

Does one forget that the Royal Jester got away with disseminating more truth than any other source in the Royal Court?

justoneview, justoneopinion

Chester
17th July 2014, 04:01
Holy Sh**!!!

And thanks to a bunch of young folks like you... humanity's chances of getting past this forsaken paradigm are raised, Samwise.

Chester
17th July 2014, 04:05

Bull - If we can't laugh at the ridiculousness of this current paradigm (along with all our other valid reactions), then we will continue to find ourselves consumed by it.

Laughing at it doesn't mean you stop being the change or never become the change.

Centauri
17th July 2014, 04:43
Weird Al! He's so ridiculous! I've enjoyed everything I've seen from Weird Al. When I watch anything on TV, I have a willing suspension of outrage. I guess we all have to remind ourselves that this is all the sleeping people know.

I'm afraid that I have to agree with those who think that this mocks people who are (called by others to be) conspiracy theorists. In doing so, it allows sleeping people to dismiss anything related to these common conspiracy theorist themes. However, to say that Weird Al is some powers that be agent might be going a bit far. Not every sleeping person is an agent just because they regurgitate the delusions they are mired in. It is all they know.
I could confidently guarantee that if Weird Al actually researched the things he mocks in this video, he would feel a responsibility to never joke about such things. I think the majority of the people on these forums feel this responsibility. But I'm sure we are not all out there being the heaviest of bummers on the sleepers!

Gotta cultivate that willing suspension of outrage for comedy that ultimately caters to the sleepers.

Pris
17th July 2014, 06:27
Weird Al! He's so ridiculous! I've enjoyed everything I've seen from Weird Al. When I watch anything on TV, I have a willing suspension of outrage. I guess we all have to remind ourselves that this is all the sleeping people know.

I'm afraid that I have to agree with those who think that this mocks people who are (called by others to be) conspiracy theorists. In doing so, it allows sleeping people to dismiss anything related to these common conspiracy theorist themes. However, to say that Weird Al is some powers that be agent might be going a bit far. Not every sleeping person is an agent just because they regurgitate the delusions they are mired in. It is all they know.
I could confidently guarantee that if Weird Al actually researched the things he mocks in this video, he would feel a responsibility to never joke about such things. I think the majority of the people on these forums feel this responsibility. But I'm sure we are not all out there being the heaviest of bummers on the sleepers!

Gotta cultivate that willing suspension of outrage for comedy that ultimately caters to the sleepers.

We're talking about Weird Al here. Don't let the name put you off -- he's probably one of the most learned people on the planet. I say that sincerely.

IMHO, this video is a masterpiece. :becky:

Btw, I stopped watching TV because I don't like being infuriated. ;)

Forevernyt
17th July 2014, 14:05
Really it seems that there are two camps on this video. 1) It's making fun of people who believe in the conspiracy theories. 2) He's trying to make some people aware of what's going on, but in his own comedic style.

I think whichever camp you fall into will depend on your own individual personality and experiences. I didn't view the video as making fun of anyone at all. I see it like he's saying this is true, but oh no, I'm just kidding, because he doesn't really want the MIBs to come get him. :P

Which ever way you view it, you are entitled to your perceptions of it. Regardless, he is throwing out some ideas to make people more aware. If just one person does some research into what he sings about, then hasn't it done it's job?

KiwiElf
17th July 2014, 14:33
LOL Brilliant! - the more I watch it the more I like it :) ... and it sure is getting the hits! 2.7+ million & counting...

DeDukshyn
17th July 2014, 14:37
Really it seems that there are two camps on this video. 1) It's making fun of people who believe in the conspiracy theories. 2) He's trying to make some people aware of what's going on, but in his own comedic style.

I think whichever camp you fall into will depend on your own individual personality and experiences. I didn't view the video as making fun of anyone at all. I see it like he's saying this is true, but oh no, I'm just kidding, because he doesn't really want the MIBs to come get him. :P

Which ever way you view it, you are entitled to your perceptions of it. Regardless, he is throwing out some ideas to make people more aware. If just one person does some research into what he sings about, then hasn't it done it's job?

I am willing to bet that that those who hated it, don't know who weird Al is, of they do, only seen a couple of his videos and don't really know about him. He makes fun of everything, to make people laugh, but sometimes awareness is also brought out in this.

Remember the "Fat" video of his? I wonder how many fat people were totally offended by that? And should have they been? The guy is a comedian - he does comedy.

TargeT
17th July 2014, 15:06
hahaha

t2mU6USTBRE

good reminder... pure satire IMO... here's a good "intro to Al" and his work:

qWfVvS4PTy4

conk
17th July 2014, 16:31
Do not doubt the foil!

Wind
17th July 2014, 16:37
More from Al, he's always been funny. If we will start to forget to laugh at ourselves and to this world then it's game over.

8Gv0H-vPoDc

Pris
17th July 2014, 16:53
Hahaha awesome! I love how he snuck a picture of himself with an accordion in there. :becky:

(this is referring to above post!)

Hawkwind
17th July 2014, 17:35
Just to be clear, my first post was in response to Flash calling this video daring. My thinking was something like, “Nah, he’s just being Wierd Al and having a bit of fun, no need to break out the hats and hooters in celebration of another celebrity joining our ranks in trying to expose the NWO.” I seriously doubt he had anything that serious in mind when making this vid. The response I got to my comments were a bit surprising, with some boardering on personal attacks.

...I think you are projecting.... it does a little tongue and cheek "poking fun" but nothing overly derogative really. I think bringing the topic up AT ALL is very important, if this type of information has absolutely no foot hold in someone’s brain (as it was with me before) then any avenue in is a good avenue...
Well, except for the bit about me projecting, I agree.

Sensitive ... did you think he was talking about you being a nutcase? Do you think you are a nutcase?
Of course not, and if the definition of “nutcase” is – someone who’s view of reality is significantly different from the socially defined norm- then yes, and damned proud of it.

It seems you don't know weird Al that well ...
It seems you don’t know me very well. I’m a retired English teacher and used Wierd Al vids in my classes for years. He’s absolutely brilliant at what he does, and what he does is have fun and make people laugh.

When I was 6 or so years old, it mattered what people called me. Are you serious?
... The attitude expressed in the above quoted point of view is defeatist. I recommend an attitude of "care" for starters.
Well, the response I’d like to make to this would probably be deleted by the mods anyway, so I’ll just say, interesting. m’kay? I guess we can’t all be as enlightened and psychologically evolved as you. My apologies.

Pris
17th July 2014, 18:03
One big reason why I love Weird Al so much is because, IMHO, he is a very serious comedian.

And, he is seriously clever. There is always so much going on in his videos. He doesn't just want to make us laugh (and have fun while he's at it) -- he wants us to use our noodles.

donk
17th July 2014, 18:20
Weird Al is the best, hope everyone here (and everywhere) have seen UHF...one of the funniest movies of all time.

Here's a Weird Av special:

aLY2vKs6hH8

donk
17th July 2014, 18:31
The best part is that (original video) plays out like half my conversations….I like aluminum wrap, how bout some refreshing herbal tea? Oh by the way, I cracked the code…mundane gets tinfoily any chance I get.

I like this one for tune as much as the humor:

N9qYF9DZPdw

If we can’t laugh at ourselves, “they” already won

Chester
18th July 2014, 04:52
... The attitude expressed in the above quoted point of view is defeatist. I recommend an attitude of "care" for starters.
Well, the response I’d like to make to this would probably be deleted by the mods anyway, so I’ll just say, interesting. m’kay? I guess we can’t all be as enlightened and psychologically evolved as you. My apologies.

I am admittedly stark, raving enlightened and lost my psychology at the moment of wholification. But "evolved?" Sorta hard for a directionlessone just like me.

I apologize too.

TargeT
18th July 2014, 15:04

I am admittedly stark, raving enlightened and lost my psychology at the moment of wholification. But "evolved?" Sorta hard for a directionlessone just like me.

I apologize too.

When you have an emotional response to a post, go a head and immediately type your rebuttal, but hold back on submitting.

If you are especially triggered, take a few min to let your mental landscape settle, then re-read what you just wrote and what the other person wrote and see if the interaction is one you deem useful and helpful to others; is what triggered you really just an issue you have personally?(trust me, this is ALWAYS the answer if you are not afraid of introspection).

I think you'll find that you delete a lot of these first snap-reactions; we need to do our best to self police these infighting responses that are often irrelivant to the topic at hand and unfortunately come to us far too easily.

Chester
18th July 2014, 23:24

I apologize too.

When you have an emotional response to a post, go a head and immediately type your rebuttal, but hold back on submitting.

If you are especially triggered, take a few min to let your mental landscape settle, then re-read what you just wrote and what the other person wrote and see if the interaction is one you deem useful and helpful to others; is what triggered you really just an issue you have personally?(trust me, this is ALWAYS the answer if you are not afraid of introspection).

I think you'll find that you delete a lot of these first snap-reactions; we need to do our best to self police these infighting responses that are often irrelivant to the topic at hand and unfortunately come to us far too easily.

Very correct and in fact usually I take that course... in the above case I failed and I meant my apology to Hawkwind.

Robin
23rd July 2014, 01:43
Here's a new analysis of the Weird Al video. He did a pretty good job, though, I could do without the Christian/Jesus stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxmJQgb7Dig

donk
30th July 2014, 13:35
I’ve been thinking about this video you posted of the Alex Jones of Weird Al video analyzers, and came to the same conclusions that he did…I mean what greater tool do “they” have then the diabolical manipulation that come at the hands of this man’s work:

lOfZLb33uCg

BvUZijEuNDQ

xMpDHEVaI1k

I mean how can you enjoy this programming cleverly disguised as “entertainment” and not recognize that any enjoyment it causes plays directly into the hands of the illuminati’s agenda?? Thanks so much, that video should be provided to anyone who mistakes Weird Al as “one of the good guys” or anything but a total tool of our mind control…

donk
30th July 2014, 13:52
To be fair, I don’t think he personally had anything to with the video on “Yoda”, but the lyrics are loaded with occult symbology besides the obvious worship of Lucas’ Empire-driven dystopian reality (he even mentions the Muppets!...and movie contracts!!)…and it is clear to see in HIS videos, where the Mennenite lifestyle is pushed in the unsuspecting publics’ face, glorifying the Amish’s seemingly silly ways…and the clever nuance of the glorification of WINNER mentality of consumer game show life style. Warn your friends, consuming this propagandist’s “art” is a step away from joining the dark side…this tool of evil must be stopped, before “America” gets a sense of humor…

Doing some further research, check out these song titles:

"Christmas at Ground Zero" ---this was released in 1994….why didn’t he warn us?? Was he trying to? Maybe he wanted out??
"First World Problems"
"Slime Creatures from Outer Space"
"Syndicated Inc."

And most importantly:

"Nature Trail to Hell" –per Wikipedia: Original, in the style of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and/or Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" (contains the hidden intentional backwards message, "Satan eats Cheez Whiz".)

…won’t someone PLEEEEASE thing of the children!! This guy is worse makes Goebbels look like Jesus Christ…

TargeT
30th July 2014, 14:00
Strong, the sarcasm is with these ones... Hmmmm.. Hmm?

donk
30th July 2014, 14:10
Strong, the sarcasm is with these ones... Hmmmm.. Hmm?

Did you watch the video?

...or more importantly: have you seen UHF? He pushes the "benevolent alien as a savior" agenda in that one...it's subtle, but it's definitely there.

......and even MORE importantly, to take Weird-friggin-Al seriously is missing the point, I think. Maybe that's just me. Maybe I'm too far gone, he got to me, they're in my head. But I think he's fun. And (relatively) harmless, to the good guys...I think he makes people think, and is clever.

TargeT
30th July 2014, 14:31
I definitely watched UHF, and have enjoyed Al for decades.. the video analysis of “foil” was grasping a LOT... there were a few things in it that I agreed with but a lot that just looked silly.

Here's the problem with analyzing video: we live in a fractal universe, you are GUARENTEED to find what you are looking for (or REALLY close to it) if you go looking hard enough.

So, yes there were some esoteric seeming elements to the "foil" video... but at the same time the video is purposefully meant to include those things also... as for his "worshiping" of the lucas media or the alien references etc... this guy makes a living by satirizing popular culture... and popular culture is inundated with the stuff that we DO have to worry about.

so is he a willing participant or just a "useful fool" that is allowed to do what he does because it indirectly supports what’s desired?

I won't definitively say either way; but honestly I think a lot of this "conspiracy" stuff isn't intentional, it is a reflection of the societal zeitgeist that has been planting these concepts in our minds for over a century...

thats my take anyway.. The magic is more powerful than we think, there are not that many willing conspirators because there doesn't have to be; we've been slow cooked to this point, you cant blame the entire pot roast on the carrots that got added in during the last few hours (though they are a factor...).

donk
30th July 2014, 14:38
VERY well said, I agree whole-heartedly, and don’t mean to make TOO light of the “magic”…but after all, if laughter isn’t part of the cure, doesn’t lighten the “blackness”, what can? It’s important to understand the power behind symbols, but more important to take responsibility for the power we give them…

Pris
30th July 2014, 18:52
VERY well said, I agree whole-heartedly, and don’t mean to make TOO light of the “magic”…but after all, if laughter isn’t part of the cure, doesn’t lighten the “blackness”, what can? It’s important to understand the power behind symbols, but more important to take responsibility for the power we give them…

Exactly! :biggrin1: The meaning of a symbol is based on what we think of it. That's what gives it 'power'.

'Illuminati' symbols are not 'their' symbols anyway. They 'belong' to all of us and to no one since time immemorial.

So much is based on Sacred Geometry for example. When you realize that, it gives a whole new meaning to any symbol -- completely redefined from a positive standpoint. This is not a malevolent universe, it is a benevolent one IMO. When it comes to the 'Illuminati', this truth completely 'takes the wind out of their sails' -- they have no power over us.

TargeT
30th July 2014, 19:24

Exactly! :biggrin1: The meaning of a symbol is based on what we think of it. That's what gives it 'power'.

'Illuminati' symbols are not 'their' symbols anyway. They 'belong' to all of us and to no one since time immemorial.

So much is based on Sacred Geometry for example. When you realize that, it gives a whole new meaning to any symbol -- completely redefined from a positive standpoint. This is not a malevolent universe, it is a benevolent one IMO. When it comes to the 'Illuminati', this truth completely 'takes the wind out of their sails' -- they have no power over us.

I'd be hesitant to say symbolism and the use of symbols is a purely (or even mostly) conscious based influence.

From my understanding the majority of symbolism is used for either secret communication or subconscious influence. For example, having a strong reaction to snakes based on zero history with a snake (a common thing) that's not a conscious response, that's involuntary and reptilian / subconscious reaction.

yet again, another topic that is more complex than it seems at first glance.... and a VERY important part of "the magic" that is shaping our reality.

Pris
30th July 2014, 21:15
I'd be hesitant to say symbolism and the use of symbols is a purely (or even mostly) conscious based influence.

From my understanding the majority of symbolism is used for either secret communication or subconscious influence. For example, having a strong reaction to snakes based on zero history with a snake (a common thing) that's not a conscious response, that's involuntary and reptilian / subconscious reaction.

yet again, another topic that is more complex than it seems at first glance.... and a VERY important part of "the magic" that is shaping our reality.

Yes, that is why we need to discuss these topics so that we may all become more consciously aware. We need to learn how our minds work.

So many people live their lives without questioning a thing and are easily manipulated. It's amazing to me -- I question everything and just can't imagine living like that.

PurpleLama
30th July 2014, 21:57
Symbols can affect you whether you know it or not, or know their meanings or not. With enough time and concentration and participants the "energy" or "signature" of a given symbol can be co-opted or changed to suit a different purpose. So we have symbols once good and pure inverted for evil purposes, and over time the archetypal energy behind the symbol, the logos of it or thought form, can be so sullied that the inversion is no longer even necessary to use it for the evil intent. Corruption abounds in this world of ours, and one must be stringently positive in their use of symbols in magic or else interference might occur within one's operation.

TargeT
31st July 2014, 16:34

Yes, that is why we need to discuss these topics so that we may all become more consciously aware. We need to learn how our minds work.
So many people live their lives without questioning a thing and are easily manipulated. It's amazing to me -- I question everything and just can't imagine living like that.

Absolutely, Half the time I post in these discussions it's mostly to see what I'll come up with and write down, it helps me further expand the understanding I have and flesh out topics; with out debate and alternate opinion/view points we can end up with a disturbingly myopic view point; one that hampers us intellectually, spiritually and emotionally (since all three seem bound together).

Symbols can affect you whether you know it or not, or know their meanings or not. With enough time and concentration and participants the "energy" or "signature" of a given symbol can be co-opted or changed to suit a different purpose. So we have symbols once good and pure inverted for evil purposes, and over time the archetypal energy behind the symbol, the logos of it or thought form, can be so sullied that the inversion is no longer even necessary to use it for the evil intent. Corruption abounds in this world of ours, and one must be stringently positive in their use of symbols in magic or else interference might occur within one's operation.

so it seems, so it seems.

This is the part that I find interesting, that is, in a way, corroboration of the "source" theory. or at least DNA memory...

Regardless of the over all implications, they do seem to have an effect on us and it must be noted and looked for; movies and hollywood production are my favorite places to observe their use.

Jake
31st July 2014, 16:47
Here's the problem with analyzing video: we live in a fractal universe, you are GUARENTEED to find what you are looking for (or REALLY close to it) if you go looking hard enough.

This sums up the whole thing to me... You hit it out of the park, brother!!! I've been considering this, ever since you said it... It is a deep insightful truth. Thank you is not enough... Special thanks to Tom Campbell for being part of the bigger picture... Love to you, bro..

Jake.

PurpleLama
31st July 2014, 17:06

so it seems, so it seems.

This is the part that I find interesting, that is, in a way, corroboration of the "source" theory. or at least DNA memory...

Regardless of the over all implications, they do seem to have an effect on us and it must be noted and looked for; movies and hollywood production are my favorite places to observe their use.

My favorite place to observe it is in the minds and speech of those around me (I work in a retail setting). Originally, all communication was of concept, not verbal, whole bodies(forms) of information shared all at once. A person was familiar with the whole thing all at once, but this eventually became corrupted into speech and symbols/words as the human psychic capacity was diminished (think Tower of Babel).

Corruption breeds corruption, and with the fall of our capacities came deceptions for the first time, only then was such becoming possible. The nefarious use of symbols can be readily observed within the language itself, like Chelley used to go on about with her parsing tirades, and within the form of any logo, within many artistic forms from visual to audible, indeed there is a movement of this underlying consciousness through all things man made.

It is within the forms of nature herself that what is right and true is preserved, hence the good feelings it brings to any person, and hence many who practice pagan arts drawing substantially upon the natural world for the sympathetic energies contained therein ready to be utilized by anyone who knows how, this is the safest and least corruptible use of what can be seen as having a symbolic nature.

For example, for myself I love to work with High John root, as it has along with its variety of properties a very specific Trickster energy that works very well, is very compatible with my own. Because there is a living energy behind the plant that I work with (think native american "medicine") I am unconcerned that another mage somewhere is using the same for evil, they might be but likewise the living energy behind the plant is self correcting and will not allow itself to be altered in a way it does not approve of, it really is intelligent and active in such a way.

Whereas something more abstract, like the pentagram for example, requires a user to be much more focused, as the symbol has much corrupted energy attached to it, so although I use such as well, I also do so much more mindfully than I might use a particular gift of the living sphere.

Its the memory that makes the DNA, not the other way around. Of course, such ideas give the scientifically minded amongst us (in general, not the forum) such a tizzy.

donk
31st July 2014, 17:13
The nefarious use of symbols can be readily observed within the language itself, like Chelley used to go on about with her parsing tirades, and within the form of any logo, within many artistic forms from visual to audible, indeed there is a movement of this underlying consciousness through all things man made.

I like John Zerzan's take on this idea in Future Primitive (http://archive.org/stream/FuturePrimitive_821/FuturePrimitive_djvu.txt), when you say Chelley, are you talking about 9E9?

PurpleLama
31st July 2014, 17:23
The nefarious use of symbols can be readily observed within the language itself, like Chelley used to go on about with her parsing tirades, and within the form of any logo, within many artistic forms from visual to audible, indeed there is a movement of this underlying consciousness through all things man made.

I like John Zerzan's take on this idea in Future Primitive (http://archive.org/stream/FuturePrimitive_821/FuturePrimitive_djvu.txt), when you say Chelley, are you talking about 9E9?

Could there be any other?

donk
31st July 2014, 17:29
Well I was thinking it was an author and going to ask you for some material before it clicked in my mind, I don't remember her problems with symbolic language as much as her issues with "fake love"...which synchronistically I been thinking a lot about lately...

Unfortunately (and to get the thread back on topic, the genius of Mr. Yankovich...) too many people 'round here felt this way about her:

yWhpk-8QLFQ

...I noticed a lot of sadistic (and masochistic) imagery in this one, it's subtle but definitely there. Also, I think his backup singers were using some kind of secret masonic hypnotic mind-effing techniques, but I may need an expert to decode all of that...

TargeT
31st July 2014, 17:43
Well I was thinking it was an author and going to ask you for some material before it clicked in my mind, I don't remember her problems with symbolic language as much as her issues with "fake love"...which synchronistically I been thinking a lot about lately...

Unfortunately (and to get the thread back on topic, the genius of Mr. Yankovich...) too many people 'round here felt this way about her:

fk70sLcVBXo

I miss 9Eagle9, she owes me an astrological reading too! haha

She was passionate about stamping out fraud, even the frauds we leverage against ourselves. I can say I never disagreed wither, ever. However I think she was not aware of her audiences ability (or in some cases complete in-ability) to absorb that kind of message and to exercise the level of introspection that it would require.

even here on this very forum I don't think it's unfair to say the majority only barely "know thy self"; for me every post is a brief journey into this expression of consciousness I refer to as "my mind"; or at least the current expression of it.

If this is the "mature enlightened crowd" then we still have a journey a head of us (which is a good thing, I can only imagine what the end-state will be.... awesome).

donk
31st July 2014, 17:50
I miss her too, and agree with your take.

Back on topic, I never heard of this one before, posting for sheeeeyits and giggles:

t039p6xqutU

Pris
31st July 2014, 17:55
For example, for myself I love to work with High John root, as it has along with its variety of properties a very specific Trickster energy that works very well, is very compatible with my own.

I KNEW it. :becky:

donk
31st July 2014, 17:55
Here's another I hadn't heard, and appropriate to the thread:

C-CG5w4YwOI

donk
26th August 2014, 14:38
He did the ice bucket, challenged the Pres, the Lama and the Pope:

1nYjEF6e_n8

donk
6th January 2015, 19:29
I watched an hour of the Americanized Monty Python Holy Grail/High School Musical hybrid that is Galavant hoping for a healthy dose of Weird Al….and was sorely disappointed to find out it is a 4 week “television event”, in which he only appears in one episode (according to IMDB), though it sounded like he did sang one of the songs (and wrote the rest).

As soon as I realized he wasn’t starring, my expectations dropped drastically, so I won’t call it a total trainwreck…I mean, even my babe was laughing for nearly the entire scene that featured an aging John Stamos (sorry…I can’t help but pine for the vital young Uncle Jesse…he was so dreamy….), but I can’t recommend it…..yet. I eagerly await a Weird Al sighting…

DeDukshyn
6th January 2015, 23:28
bwvlbJ0h35A

Atlas
14th June 2016, 18:54
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/LOL.gif Just cannot make this crap up ... (http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?32137-Just-cannot-make-this-crap-up-...)
X8Ow1nlafOg