PDA

View Full Version : The World is a Pain

bogeyman
26th July 2014, 09:43
The world hasn't really changed that much, the same old problems, people predicting the end of the world, other predicting change, wars continue with the same mistakes being made, flag waving BS, famines continue without any resolution, population growth increasing at a dramatic rate, environmental issues with contradictory scientific studies saying one thing then the other, food supply being contaminated or running short, dictators coming to power and ruining peoples lives they oppose, political manipulations continue with the same tricks being pull and people falling for them, people saying they can do better and blaming someone for the world's state, constant dissatisfaction with the way the system is and those that run it, voting people in and then finding out they are just as bad as the previous representative, money problems with not enough resources for the worlds population which is expanding at an un checked rate, finger pointing at those that are deemed responsible or by those that just plain don't like them, liars, deceit, corruption, crime being rampant and never ending, people desires floating around like a paper boat in the wind, people wanting more and more because they are greedy, those that are arrogant and always right even though they have been proven wrong, division amongst ourselves increasing...it is no wonder we cannot come together and solve any of these things there is always someone opposing and exploiting the situations that are occurring.

araucaria
26th July 2014, 10:01
it is no wonder we cannot come together and solve any of these things .
Oh, but we can and we will! Maybe if you were to stop focussing on the pain?

In French, 'pain' is of course bread. Let's feed off this bread instead of letting others feed off our pain. The world is a loaf, we just need a few more loafers :)

Amer
26th July 2014, 10:02
it is no wonder we cannot come together and solve any of these things there is always someone opposing and exploiting the situations that are occurring.

No it is no wonder. There will always be the push and pull of good and that which opposes it. We are a microcosm of this very push and pull.

However let's not talk in absolutes; "we cannot come together and solve.....", some cannot, others can and are. That is what matters.

May I ask what do you expect of humanity? Do you see it as all negative?

Observer1964
26th July 2014, 10:08
Well, the world is what we make of it.
Even if we are manipulated to do so.

I think the problem is that we all see something is wrong but have no real clue what to do to make it right or what is right.

I think the Zeitgeist movement has done some nice work in showing some better possibilities, but they are still a product of this time with all the problems that come with it, also i dont see how to get from this to that in a acceptable way.

I read a great book on what could work, how to get from our jungle-law economy to a kind of civilised resource based economybut as it is a contactstory ppl just want proof without even looking at the contents.

We just lack the knowledge and the willingness to learn what is needed to make it better.

Ofcoz I believe this is also due to manipulation by negative forces.

In a broader light i think we are going trough an evolutionary state of the collective consiousness and what is comming will act as a filter for mankind in wich the negatives will exterminate themselves and the meek will survive to create a better collective, much like in this video...

A4UMyTnlaMY

We have to end all hierarchy.

Rich
26th July 2014, 10:31
The world is just a reflection of our consciousness.
The solution is to look into our mind since that is where the world is made.

The moment you actually decide to smile the reflection has no choice but to smile back. All of the difficulty and all of the complications and all of the pain and all of the suffering you have experienced on your plant has been from your attempt to manipulate the reflection, instead of actually changing who you are, that's all it takes, that' all it takes! ~Bashar

Amer
26th July 2014, 10:59
In a broader light i think we are going trough an evolutionary state of the collective consiousness and what is comming will act as a filter for mankind in wich the negatives will exterminate themselves and the meek will survive to create a better collective, much like in this video...

How exactly will the negatives exterminate themselves? The meek will survive by virtue of just being the meek? Is that not a bit biblical and a bit of a cop out?

what is comming will act as a filter for mankind

What is coming?

I know in the past I had this type of idea that in the end it will all be ok, good will win out and those that persist will be rewarded. However I reckon now that it takes away from the now and the what is, the reality of what is and what it means for us and what we need to do on an individual level.

I don't think the world is a pain, the world is awesome and inspiring; unfortunately much of it is in pain.

Observer1964
26th July 2014, 11:15

How exactly will the negatives exterminate themselves? The meek will survive by virtue of just being the meek? Is that not a bit biblical and a bit of a cop out? I cant say how exactly, but in the video the dominant monkeys kill themselves by their greed. I dont know what it will be for the humans, but i can give a lot of speculations.

what is comming will act as a filter for mankind

What is coming?A calamity probably...

I know in the past I had this type of idea that in the end it will all be ok, good will win out and those that persist will be rewarded. However I reckon now that it takes away from the now and the what is, the reality of what is and what it means for us and what we need to do on an individual level. I think on an individual level we need to communicate, have conversations much like this and slowly our numbers will grow untill we are a mojority or influence the collective consiousness enough for change to occur.

I don't think the world is a pain, the world is awesome and inspiring; unfortunately much of it is in pain.

Cant argue with that.

Rich
26th July 2014, 11:28
How exactly will the negatives exterminate themselves? The meek will survive by virtue of just being the meek? Is that not a bit biblical and a bit of a cop out?

They wont exterminate but we get rid of them
by changing to a parallel reality, I cannot claim to know this but I have experiences that seem to point in that direction and are hard to explain otherwise. Like the fact that the world and people change when I do.

Nothing is happening to you, it can't, it can only happen through you, because you are all there is in your Reality. ~Bashar

Amer
26th July 2014, 11:36
A calamity probably..

A calamity may wipe out a large chunk of the population which may may force the rest start over, however it does not follow that who is left behind will necessarily be "better" ( for want of a better word). Do you not think that given time this small chunk of the poplulation will continue to manifest the same type of problems we have today?

I think on an individual level we need to communicate, have conversations much like this and slowly our numbers will grow untill we are a mojority or influence the collective consiousness enough for change to occur.

Yes dialogue is the first rung on the ladder, from here ideas sprout in the mind and if we persist, consciousness evolves. But with word must come deed :)

Amer
26th July 2014, 11:46
by changing to a parallel reality,

I'll be honest with you, this probability seems a little far off in the mists, at least for me. Because that would imply a selection process- who is to determine "the negatives" and " non-negatives" ?

Who gets to go to a parallel reality?

And why would you want to?

There is so much to learn here in this one.

And is that not our purpose-to learn?

DarMar
26th July 2014, 11:53
world is 50:50, you get to decide which side you observe and act on

Rich
26th July 2014, 12:12
I'll be honest with you, this probability seems a little far off in the mists, at least for me. Because that would imply a selection process- who is to determine "the negatives" and " non-negatives" ?
We determine if something is negative to us, I would rather say we choose the people we prefer.

Who gets to go to a parallel reality?
Good question. Bashar says we change realities billions of times per second, this is how the illusion of movement is created too.

And why would you want to?
When my brother was suicidal and depressed I said to life ''I accept him as he is but I'd prefer to have a happy brother'' this is did in a detached way and a week or so later he became a happy person.

There is so much to learn here in this one.

And is that not our purpose-to learn?
Perhaps, but once we learned how to be happy we may choose to be in company of people that are happy too.

ghostrider
26th July 2014, 12:41
As long as people have apathy towards political affairs , the world will be ruled by evil men ...

sirdipswitch
26th July 2014, 13:11
One True Leader... is all this world needs...:wizard:

¤=[Post Update]=¤

AND.. that Leader must be Mean enough to get the job done... properly. yep.uh-huh. cc.

dosedneurons
26th July 2014, 13:34
seems to me like you're focusing waaay too much on everyone else and what's going on in places too far away from you to really matter. focus on what's going on in your neighbourhood, and you'll find your quality of life will greatly improve. especially if you're lucky enough to live in england. stop obsessing over world news and find a real passion.

Snowflower
26th July 2014, 13:41
I am 66 years old. Maybe that's the difference. Because I'll tell you - the world has not always been "like this."

There are way more wars. Way more threats of war. Way more people. Way more airplane crashes. Way more train derailments. Way more sinkholes, large earthquakes, severe weather patterns, volcanoes both above and below oceans. Way less safety.

The frog is in the water, the water is nicely heating to a boil and the frog thinks it's all business as usual. Eventually the frog dies, totally unknowing that he could have jumped clear.

Wind
26th July 2014, 13:43
This is the game of duality, people have the free will to choose what they want to do... But remember, you reap what you sow. The bad guys who are focused on themselves seem to be "winning" on the superficial level. Besides, all along the ancients said that this would happen. We would witness the ultimate darkness and apathy before the new enlightened age. It's been so long since the last time when we were an enlightened humanity... If there would be no drama, would we be so invested in the game of life? As long as people have compassion and keep caring then there is hope. I'm not saying that we should sit idly and wait for any miracles, but instead we should co-create them together, because we truly are powerful co-creators!

"There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state with another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, Morrel, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life.

"Live, then, and be happy, beloved children of my heart, and never forget, that until the day God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words, 'Wait and Hope."

- Alexandre Dumas

gripreaper
26th July 2014, 16:27
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t1.0-9/229765_4759451313417_2054863241_n.jpg?oh=17f612d1483872168e7b28ebd16ee2c3&oe=5454F020

Amer
26th July 2014, 22:34
I am 66 years old. Maybe that's the difference. Because I'll tell you - the world has not always been "like this."

There are way more wars. Way more threats of war.

That is a common perception which is actually untrue if you look at the statistical evidence and research. There is more reporting of violence now compared to years ago which gives the impression that it is constantly on the increase.

The psychologist Steven Pinker lays out the evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ramBFRt1Uzk

Mac
26th July 2014, 22:48
Haven't watched the vid yet now going to,the thanks is for the bit of optimism 8)
Here are some stats I was looking over the other night.Takes a while to digest it all but there is hope for us..I think.
http://filipspagnoli.wordpress.com/stats-on-human-rights/statistics-on-war-conflict/statistics-on-violent-conflict/

Amer
26th July 2014, 23:06
Just reading the first paragraph from the document you have provided is chilling and tragic to an extent that is inexpressible.

Whereas more than a million people lose their lives to violence each year, about half of those are suicides and a third are homicides.

joeecho
27th July 2014, 03:49
[QUOTE=Amer;857928]
by changing to a parallel reality, I cannot claim to know this but I have experiences that seem to point in that direction and are hard to explain otherwise. Like the fact that the world and people change when I do.

Parallel reality? Sure, a change of scenery is interesting, but people tend to take their baggage with them and there lies the problem.

dim
27th July 2014, 05:08
It's nice to see somebody coming to this realization, nothing ever changes, always more of the same
it's a milestone on the path to truth which is a whole of a lot of series of disillusionment.

I hope you can eventually use it as a mirror to see the "do I ever change ?"

Rich
27th July 2014, 09:55
Parallel reality? Sure, a change of scenery is interesting, but people tend to take their baggage with them and there lies the problem.
It's a reflection so changing to a different one means you must change.

Highwhistler
27th July 2014, 12:49
This is one of my favorite Zen stories, that relates to this topic. It has to do with how our beliefs, perceptions, feelings, ideas and the stories that we tell to ourselves and to others, give birth to our personal realities:

Moving to a new town

There was a person relocating to a new town, and he was wondering if he would like it there, so he went to the resident Zen master and asked:

"Do you think I will like it here? Are the people nice?"

The master asked: "How were the people in the town where you came from?"

“They were nasty and greedy, they were angry and lived for cheating and stealing,” said the newcomer.

"Yes! Those are exactly the type of people we have here," said the master.

Another newcomer to the town visited the same Zen master, on the same day, and asked the same question, to which the master asked:

"How were the people in the town where you came from?"

"They were sweet and lived in harmony. They cared for one another and for the land. They respected each other and they were seekers of spirit,” she replied.

"Yes! Those are exactly the type of people we have here," said the master.

Pam
27th July 2014, 13:17
It's nice to see somebody coming to this realization, nothing ever changes, always more of the same
it's a milestone on the path to truth which is a whole of a lot of series of disillusionment.

I hope you can eventually use it as a mirror to see the "do I ever change ?"

Dim, I am delighted by how much wisdom you expressed in so few words, Thank you.